• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

LoudClearVoice

Mid-Card Championship Winner
If you count the "play-in" games as actual tournament games, then the 2014 tournament is already underway.

Let's use this thread to discuss the tourney (men's and women's if you want to), brackets, picks, etc.

My early impressions are that the the midwest is the toughest region and the East is the easiest.

Like most, I really do like MSU to get to the Final Four. I have them winning it all in one bracket and I have Louisville in my other bracket. Florida is the best team but I just don't see them winning the tourney. That's one of those weird nuances about the tourney that some people love and some people hate. The best team doesn't always win the tourney.

Who are your underdogs/cinderellas that will get past the first weekend? I think St. Joe's is a possiblity in the East. I also like Nebraska a lot.

Do you have a "magic formula" for picking your brackets?

Let's discuss it all here :)

So so happy right now that Mercer won, that's my home team so I'm damn proud of them honestly. Way to go, beating Duke is kinda big I was a little worried I'll admit going in.

So so happy right now that Mercer won, that's my home team so I'm damn proud of them honestly. Way to go, beating Duke is kinda big I was a little worried I'll admit going in.

I think there were a handful of people that picked that upset. I hate Duke so I was happy Mercer won, even though I had Duke winning in my bracket.

I have to say that was one of the best first weekends of the tournament in recent memory. Looking at this next batch of games, there appear to be some really good matchups. I'm looking forward to Louisville vs. Kentucky (I had Kentucky beating Witchita State), Michigan State vs. Virginia.

Don't sleep on UCLA. In a rematch of the title game from several years ago, I could see UCLA beating Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back