Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 2000's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 13

Moulin Rouge
013_ST2866~Moulin-Rouge-Posters.jpg

Vs.

Finding Nemo
finding-nemo-DVDcover.jpg

Moulin Rouge. This movie is one of the most visually stunning movies I've ever seen. The love story is great and the song and dance numbers are just cool. Nicole Kidman could not look any more beautiful than she does in this movie. I'm a sucker for love stories, and this one just gets me every time.

Finding Nemo is also good, but in a different way. Its Pixar, so you know its going to be character driven. The whole movie is a big adventure, and its always fun, but its a kids movie, and Moulin Rouge works on a different level.

Finding Nemo has got to be one of the most overrated animated films ever. "It's a touching story about a man finding his son." Okay, that's all well and good, but 9/10 of the movie are everyone acting like goofballs and getting into shenanigans.

Moulin Rouge, on the other hand, is absolutely wonderful in every way. It's funny, and tragic, and dark, and optimistic. It makes you feel every one of it's highest highs and lowest lows, and you can't help but sing along the entire time. The performances are spectacular, and Baz Lurhman does a legendary job directing and creating a visually breathtaking film. This movie is honestly the reason why I'm excited for Australia this winter, and I've only seen one short trailer.

I also think that Finding Nemo is overrated. I did not like it at all. It was very tame even for Disney. I can't stand that my girlfriend loves it. Its a bore to sit through, I would much rather watch other Disney/Pixar movies. Hopefully other people realize that there is already a grea selection of animations in here, IE Lion King and Toy Story that will go through. Now Moulin Rouge is a surpriser. I had no idea that it is viewed by some as one of the greatest movies. It was good, I would say, way better than Finding Nemo, though it is hard to compare the two, so it gets my vote.

Ordinarily I'd vote for Moulin Rouge. But Finding Nemo is without a doubt my choice. It just get's better and better over the years. Dory was annoying the first time I saw the film. Now I think she's one of the best characters to ever appear in a Pixar Film.

Moulin Rouge is visually stunning, but isn't Nemo too?

I agree with Jake on this one. Nemo grows on you in time, definitely. The CGI is stunning, and the story was very good. Sure, there were a lot of goofball antics, but I think it was for the kids, cause without the antics, that would be one depressing movie. Arguably Pixar's greatest and deepest movie ever, unless UP lives, well, up to my expectations. Nemo gets the nod here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back