Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1980's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 13

Scarface
scarface-2.jpg

Vs.

Bull Durham

bull-durham1.gif

Scarface is freaking sick. Its Godfather with the blood thrown in as a bonus. Say hello to my little friend is an iconic phrase. I just didn't like it as much as a lot of people did though.

Bull Durham is a classic. It is the epitome of baseball movies. While its not my favorite, I'd say it wins this one easily. Scarface is great, but Pacino can't win. I worship in the church of baseball, and this movie wins because of that.

I was never a fan of "Bull Duram". Very overrated, in my opinion.

Scarface is awesome though. I do believe it gets a bit too much credit because of that show on MTV called "Cribs" where you see all the rappers flaunt around the "Scarface" DVD like a preacher does the Bible, but I still love the film nonetheless and it definitely gets my vote in this round. Pacino's performance is what really makes the film great. His accent, the way he carried himself... he was just superb in this movie. Michelle Pfeiffer was great in it as well.

Say Hello, To my little friend...ScarFace. A great movie, that is incredible to watch at least once a year during those dark summer nights, when you have nothing to worry about, but watching a great movie. This movie is incredible at portraying the rise to fame of a Cuban thug to becoming a major drug King Pin in Miami. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is great because it makes you feel like you are taking part in the movie. If you don't mind a little chainsaw shower action, its a great movie.

Scarface, hands down. The iconic imagery of Tony Montana's "say hello to my lil friends" is one of the greatest scenes in all of film history. Absolutely amazing. Bull Durham was a decent baseball movie, but, maybe its because I hate Susan Sarandon, I just didn't like it as much as some of the other baseball movies, like The Natural, or For the Love of the Game (okay, admittedly, Costner plays a lifelong Detroit Tiger in that, and being from Michigan, I am gonna be partial towards the homer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back