Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 13

The Shawshank Redemption
Shawshank%20Redemption.jpg

Vs.

Fight Club
fight-club-dvd.jpg

This one is very hard for me to vote on. I'll have to go with Shawshank though. It is just an amazing work of art on the screen. The performances are simply perfect, and you want to see them succeed. It is a terrifying thought to see people in confinement like they are and when they smile, you smile with them. It has to get my vote and is definiteily the best #13 in this whole thing.

I would discuss its opponent, but that would be a violation of Fight Club Rule #1: You don't talk about Fight Club.

An awesome match up. But Shawshank takes it. It is one epic moment after another. The escape at the end is still one of my favorite series of moments in a movie. The ultimate prison movie, The Shawshank Redemption is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Fight Club is good and very unique. That being said, I think it is overrated. I do understand its' appeal though. The surprise is truly something special. Out of these two, Shawshank wins easily.

I hate whoever decided to put these two up against each other in the first round. Hate you. Lol.

This could've been one of the final matches, easily. Both of these films are fantastic.

But....I sadly have to vote against Fight Club. Shawshank to me may be the one film that I vote over any other film out there. Easily one of the best films, if not THE best film, ever.

The Shawshank Redemption.

I hate whoever decided to put these two up against each other in the first round. Hate you. Lol.

Same thought was gonig through my head when I scrolled upon it. It was an easier choice for me than I thought. I had it in my mind I was going to struggle to choose, but in the back of my mind, I had Shawshank Redemption here. It was a fantastic movie, that I will admit to having watched at least 9 times on TBS even though I own it, just because I love it. It is a passionate movie, it is a movie that will make you cry, it is a movie that will make you smile like no other. Fight club on the other hand is an incredible movie, and it makes me very sad that it will not go deeper into this tournament. Alright, Ive had it, Im watching SSR tonight.

Shawshank Redemption is one of the most underrated films of all time. I remember when it was out in the theaters, nobody gave a damn for this absolutely wonderful film. I am thrilled that it has gained a huge video audience, that can appreciate what a great film it is. Other than the novel "The Stand", The Shawshank Redemption is my absolute favorite piece of work by Stephen King, and I like the movie better than the story.

And while Shawshank is underrated, Fight Club would be on my most overrated movies list. I absolutely hated it, and I love Ed Norton.

Wow, Fight Club is getting it's ass kicked. Shame. But while it's an amazing film and I wouldn't say Shawshank is better. It's certainly niche. Would everybody really like the film? For one nobody talks like that, the ending doesn't make much sense when you really think about it, and it's not likely to appeal to the majority of females. Certainly not with a title like that. Dance Club maybe, about a mental man who just wants to tap, but not Fight Club.

Nobody though Shawshank Redemption was just kind of dull? I mean, yeah, great movie but it'll send you to sleep at times.

No point attacking it now, Fight Club just got its ass handed to it. For no reason I can really figure out. What sort of 15-30 year olds are you? The worst ever, I'd say.

Shawshank isn't boring. It's a prison movie, so if you find it to be dull then maybe it's doing it's job. I imagine prison to be a dull place.

But it's not. It's a great film. Any film with male rape, or just general rape is. Honestly, name me a boring film with rape.

Good point Jake. Though that one with Clive Owen and Rachel with Friends was pretty shitty. Maybe because it turned out it wasn't really rape.

Though come to think of it, Shawshank wasn't really dull at all. More dull than Fight Club though. Weren't these both films that were actually fairly unpopular at the box office?

I just love Fight Club.

Yeah. Both were unsuccessful. One was the best selling video of all time, or close, the other probably made DVD into what it is. It's a matter of personal opinion. But it's still a shock to see Fight Club with that few votes. It is fucking weird though. How exactly are you supposed to sum it up? Shawshank is the easier option.

Can you believe I haven't watched the extended cut? I hear it has Brad Pitt's penis in it. Maybe it'd get more votes if people had seen that version.

The film's full of philosophy that doesn't really make sense if you think hard about it or read some anorak's analysis on the internet, but makes you feel fucking smart for understanding it anyway. That's why it's great. Partly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back