• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 ideas for Daniel Bryan to have his WM

Stingersplash89

Occasional Pre-Show
First off I'm of the opinion that the right thing to do would be to have DB to go over clean for the title at WM to close the show.

However, if they are truly set in stone with the idea of Orton vs Batista to main event then I think a good alternative would be to have DB try to end the streak at WM.

IMO the perfect way to do this is to have a 2/3 falls match with Bryan getting a fall over Taker but ultimately losing. Keeps the streak in tact but makes DB the first to actually pin Taker at WM at the same time. Puts him over huge.

Idea 2 is to have Bryan win a MITB WM opener and then have him cash in BEFORE the start of the main event and win the whole thing. Have him win 2 wars in one night on the grandest stage of them all. Fans would go nuts.

I actually like your first idea, tho whether Taker could do a 2/3 falls match or not would be my only doubt. I desperately want to see DB do something meaningful at Wrestlemania, but after the debacle of the Rumble, I wouldn't be too suprised to see him fighting Santino, and losing to the Cobra

Are they doing a MITB match? I thought it was scrapped.

I had thought that they should have HHH/Bryan. Have HHH say that if Bryan beats him, he gets to face the winner of the title match later that night.

We've had shows where the winner of a match gets to face the winner of the title match before. This kills two birds with one stone. They make up for Punk's loss and get their DB WM moment at the end. Yeah it's predictable, but it's not like anyone ever thought Cena would lose last year.

So it'd be like a MITB cash in, without actually having the surprise factor. But that crowd won't care.

The wwe is not all about DB. Stop making fantasy scenarios that hurt the rest of the wwe and only benefit DB.

Both of those options are terrible. First off Db is not pinning Taker in any type of match at WM. Why would the wwe tarnish the streak like that? The point of the streak is that Taker has never lost and it is pretty much impossible to pin him at Mania. If this was to happen than Db would almost HAVE to face him again at the next WM, and he would lose making that entire scenario pointless and the only thing it would have accomplished is devaluing the streak. The Streak is a money maker for wwe, there is no need to alter it especially for a guy that is about as over as he can get with or without it Takers help.

Secondly, MITB is a huge PPV on its own. IMO it has become the fourth biggest PPV of the year behind Summerslam, WM, and RR. The wwe doesnt need to ruin one of its best PPV's just to throw DB the title. They could just wait til extreme rules or JUST PUT HIM IN THE DAMN TITLE MATCH WITH NO EXPLANATION AT ALL!!! But taking the concept of one of its better PPV's and using at Mania just to give DB a quick bs title match is dumb. Also, DB is a face and an underdog, so why would him cashing in MITB be a good idea? DB needs to have an actual match and win clean. Him beating a guy that just wrestled for 30 minutes isnt very face like and doesnt fit his character.

Either way, unless this turns DB into the next Rock or Austin, than the wwe would not be benefiting from either of those scenarios.

Not sure if you actually read the post or not. Clearly stated that he cashes in BEFORE the main event. Therefore you could still have the MITB ppv if they wanted to have another one. Hell, they went with 2 winners last year anyways

Not sure if you actually read the post or not. Clearly stated that he cashes in BEFORE the main event. Therefore you could still have the MITB ppv if they wanted to have another one. Hell, they went with 2 winners last year anyways

I did read that part and its still dumb. Why use a concept from another PPV and use up around 30 minutes of Mania just to add a wrestler to a match? Just freakin add him on raw, have him do the contract thing HBK did before WM20, or have him in a match on raw or smackdown for a chance to get into the match. There is so many ways you could easily put someone in the main event without all of the MITB cash in crap.

The most obvious match for Daniel Bryan is a match with HHH at Mania 30. HHH is the one who has lavelled him a B+, and that he would never get in the ring with a guy like him because he isnt on his level etc, have Bryan booked to continually challenge HHH, he knocks it back, until such time Bryan has been through all of the roadblocks and Bryan has an inring back and forth on the mic with Stephanie and cajoling him into a match by attacking verbally Steph, or somehow finding something on HHH he can manipulate o blackmail him into a match. Daniel Bryan making Triple H tap at Wrestlemania 30 would be a huge moment for Daniel Bryan, he doesnt need the title to be over(proven)_, and he still gets his moment. Surely HHH could put his ego aside to elevate and reward Daniel Bryan, or surely they risk him leaving like Punk also. Once the part timers leave, they will have nobody except John Cena, and he is being used to elevate guys like Wyatt now.

The most obvious match for Daniel Bryan is a match with HHH at Mania 30. HHH is the one who has lavelled him a B+, and that he would never get in the ring with a guy like him because he isnt on his level etc, have Bryan booked to continually challenge HHH, he knocks it back, until such time Bryan has been through all of the roadblocks and Bryan has an inring back and forth on the mic with Stephanie and cajoling him into a match by attacking verbally Steph, or somehow finding something on HHH he can manipulate o blackmail him into a match. Daniel Bryan making Triple H tap at Wrestlemania 30 would be a huge moment for Daniel Bryan, he doesnt need the title to be over(proven)_, and he still gets his moment. Surely HHH could put his ego aside to elevate and reward Daniel Bryan, or surely they risk him leaving like Punk also. Once the part timers leave, they will have nobody except John Cena, and he is being used to elevate guys like Wyatt now.

As nice as the idea is, here are the fundamental problems with that match at Wrestlemania;

In the first place, there's realistically no way you can somehow elevate this matchup to be more important than the Title Match(which will still be crapped on no matter how badly HHH gets beat down). Since Summerslam, a great deal of Bryan's journey has actually been about regaining the Title in the ring, nevermind the sidequest with the Wyatts. Trying to shift DB from the Title chase to taking on HHH in a grudge match is essentially a cop-out to the overall story that's been told, no matter how high you try to elevate HHH above the title. Same principle applies with Undertaker, as a matter of fact.

In the second, the idea fails as a rub because DB is indeed too over to require being given a rub from anybody. In a way, it would actually remove some of the rub since the fans would still see it mostly as a condescending step down.

In the third, you don't have a guarantee you'll get a great match out of the deal. Here's the dirty secret about HHH over the past decade or so; after his initial leg injuries early on in the 00's, his overall performances have really only coasted on average, bordering on tiresome. Here's the track record; aside from the DX feud with the McMahons, how many of HHH's matches can you remember off the top of your head as being great? His matches with the next generation of starts like Cena, Orton, and Batista have that feel where they went for 'Cecil B. DeMille' levels of Epic but fell flat. His matches with Shawn Michaels were a step up, but often needed a VERY sharp emotional edge to skirt greatness. His brawls with the Undertaker come closest, but were just brawls that carried their own momentum. Then there's his program with Brock Lesnar, which some argue might have done more to slow down his monster push than the John Cena Hail Mary at Extreme Rules did. Through it all, you might argue that Triple H has in fact had a 'B+' body of work over the past decade.

Your ideas are good but I doubt a MITB would take place at Wrestlemania. I seriously can't see how Bryan would get a fall against Taker.

If people who've faced Taker more than once at Wrestlemania, Kane, HHH, HBK weren't booked to get a fall, Bryan has no chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back