Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1970s Bracket,
Round 3, Match 2

Taxi Driver

taxiposter.jpg

Vs.

Alien

alien_poster.jpg

"Taxi Driver" without any question gets my vote here. I never liked "Alien". Honestly, there are hardly any 'Sci-Fi' movies, especially those that involve aliens, that I end up enjoying, so I can't say "Taxi Driver" is a better film by fact, just by my own personal preference.

There's not a moment in "Taxi Driver" I find to be dull and De Niro's performance in that film is one of the greatest performances ever, in my opinion. Love that movie.

I think the one reason that Taxi Driver has any pull here is its hype. Its a Martin Scorsese movie starring a very young Robert Di Nero, Jodie Foster, and a few others on their way up. But overall, it is not the best movie in any light. The story isn't the best, the movie can be boring, and the climax is killed in it. On the other hand, Alien is a revolutionary movie. A science fiction movie, that good, that long ago is incredible. No one had seen anything that realistic. It is highlighted by Weavers impressive lead in the film, that is one of the best I have seen from a leading actress until Terminator a few years later. Vote for a movie you wouldn't watch twice, or vote for the clearly better movie, Alien.

Going with Alien. I think that this tournament has a lot of things, too much hype for any movie with Jack, De Niro, Scorsese, or Pacino in the movies. Look, those guys are fantastic when it comes to films, but not everythign they touch turns to gold.

Taxi Driver is a solid flick, but it has very little, if any replay value to it. Alien on the other hand is probalby the epitome of films when it comes to it's genre. Name me a sci-fi Horror movie taht is more terrifying thent his movie. As I said in another thread, when grown men in their 30's told me ten years ago that Alien was the movie taht scared them the most, that's impressive. When my 25 year old brother won't watch this movie because he remembers being scared of it as a child, that makes an impact with me. Alien gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back