Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region – The Office (UK) vs Eastbound and Down

specials_promo_copy.jpg

VS

eastbound-and-down.jpg

I'm sure the Office (UK) is great, but I love Eastbound and Down. I really do. The humor is pretty much of the toilet variety but it has cameos by Will Ferrell and is just down right hilarious. And you see a great pair of titties in the show, too. It's only been out one season and hopefully, we'll get to see more of their awesome writing.

The Office is brilliant. I have got the season 1 and 2 box set for Christmas and I cannot wait to be able to watch them all over again. Ricky Gervais is one of the best comedians to come out of the UK and whilst that may not say a lot to the Americans, it means a lot of to the people from the UK. Gervais really created a fantastic formula for a show and it really captured the environment of the workplace in the UK. The US version is fucking brilliant too and without this show, it would never had existed. It launched the careers of Mackenzie Crook and Rickie Gervais and continues to be one of the best and most talked about British comedies of the decade.

Goddammit TDigs, you just drove a dagger into my heart.

I LOVE Eastbound and Down. Kenny Powers is a hysterical character and one of my most favorite characters on TV in recent memory. He's basically John Rocker, and yet, you root for him to make it back into the Majors. The show was amazing from the first episode, and in six episodes, it quickly became one of the strongest sitcoms on television today.

However, The Office (UK) is one of the funniest shows on television, period. The show achieved cringe-worthy moments in each episode, and David Brent's demise is chronicled unbelievably. The show is comedic genius and very profound as well. It's genuinely awkward, and it's so well done with how they build up the characters, only to knock them down.

The Office is great. Very great. Not as good as the American version, but great nevertheless (and a very different show really). Which makes it even more painful to vote against it, but I simply have to.

Eastbound & Down...seriously, go fucking watch it this second if you haven't seen it yet. Last season it produced hands down the best new comedy on television, hands down, case fuckin' closed.

I know TDigs will back me up for my love of Jody Hill (the creator of the show, also directed Observe & Report). Right next to It's Always Sunny, Hill produces the darkest humor on television bar none. Danny McBride is the fucking MAN, and his portrayal of Kenny Powers is worthy of a thousand awards. What I really loved about the show was that it could not only be unbelievably funny, it could make you get up off your ass and cheer for this fat piece of shit arrogant asshole that is Kenny Powers, and cheer for him hard. Never have I cheered so hard for someone to crack someone's skull with a baseball like what he did to Craig Robinson last season. Plus the show utilizes drama very well. When it shows us Kenny's dark times (which is every day pretty much), you really see how dark it is. You haven't hit low until you're snorting cocaine in an elementary school shower room while drinking beers and showering.

Absolutely love Eastbound and Down, and it gets my vote here. If you've never seen it, I implore you, abstain from voting. It really is just phenomenal, and all around it's short first season was still better than the original Office's entire run. I cannot wait for the new season to start in the spring.

Vote for Eastbound and Down. Do it.

Danny McBride! He's just great. Hot Rod is a shit movie, right? Not with Danny McBride involved. Kenny Powers is just such a gret name and a great character. If you don't find East Bound and Down funny, you don't have a soul. Or you've never watched it. Seriously, go check it out.

The UK version of the Office is something that I never found nearly as funny as the US version. I don't know if it's the British humor or what, but I can't vote for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back