00's Region – Coupling vs The Office (US)

Coupling vs The Office (US)

• Coupling

• The Office (US)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region – Coupling vs The Office (US)

CouplingBBCg-5471.jpg

VS

arts_office-top_584.jpg

I'll take the Office. It's a great show whenever I get to watch it. I know it's on quite a bit but I watch it in small doses and it's quite funny. Coupling's pretty good, too, but the American version struck out like crazy. Coupling is the Friends of England, but to me, The Office is still a better show and gets my vote.

I've never heard of Coupling but not much can beat The Office. The Office is hilarious every episode. We've seen the cast evolve and it just keeps getting funnier with each episode. Every character brings a different style to the program whether it's Dwight who's become infamous in modern culture or Michael who's become one of the funniest character in the 21st century. The Office is one of the greatest sitcoms and I see it going far in this tournament.

The Office is and easy pick for me. It will probably be the show I support throughout the 2000 region of this tournament. It is just such a great show with some of the very best talents on tv today.

Steve Carrell plays the dumbass boss to a T and makes me laugh and get annoyed while doing it. My hat will forever go off to him for making me laugh yet hate a character such as he has done. Don't misconstrue what I have said though, I do like Michael Scott in the Office because he makes me hate him. Rain Wilson and John Krasinski are amazing as the odd couple that they play. Both are very good actors and play off of one another very well. The rest of the cast is also amazing from top to bottom. There is not a single person on the show that I have not liked.

Do the right thing and vote The Office.

I'm hoping that this is the big upset of the tournament, with Coupling going over The Office (US). The Office is a very good show; actually, but today's standards, it is an excellent show. However, Coupling was everything Friends should have been: extremely funny (emphasis here on funny) thirtysomethings looking to get laid, and sometimes looking for love. In my opinion, Coupling is the greatest sitcom to ever come out of the United Kingdom. If there's any show that us Americans should take a look at before voting, it's this one.

Bah... why not just give us what we wanted and pit Friends vs Coupling and The Office vs The Office (US), or even Friends v Office (US) and Coupling v Office. This is like some bizzaro version of a proper match up... anyway never really cared for coupling. Funny show, good not great. Therefore I shall go with The (other) Office.

The Office gets my vote easily here. I watched Coupling once, didn't really care for it, whereas I'm a loyal fan of The Office and look forward to each week's episode with a ton o anticipation. Although it's a very different show from the UK original, in my opinion it's surpassed the original in every single way a show can. Great show that manages to mix humor and romance/drama perfectly. Gets my vote here easily.

Bit of a cruel drawing given the high US populus. But Tdigs is correct, Coupling is one of THE best comedies to come out of this decade. This is the series that brought Jack Davenport and Sarah Alexandre to fame. It's not the UK Friends, it's an even better kettle of fish.

The timing of comedy is perfect and you're guaranteed to laugh with each episode. A little did you know fact, the writer of the series, Steve Moffat, is the same guy who wrote the dark and highly praised episodes of the New Doctor Who (Empty Child, Blink, Girl in the Fireplace) and is now the Executive Producer/Head Writer of the Series in the post-Tennant era.

I will give more defence for this series because it is superb, let me introduce you to everyone's favourite Welshman...JEFF!

[youtube]/v/UBSnlADrbyY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/youtube]

VAA, Breasts, The Melty Man, The Giggaloop, Ear Buckets, Wooden Legs, all of this epic jokes were put out to the best in Coupling. Do the right thing, vote for Coupling!

I always thought Coupling sucked so The Office gets my vote. Steve Carell is great and I like him alot. I find the American Office better than the UK version and thats mainly because of Steve Carell.

The Office is one of the only shows that I try to watch every week nowadays, along with South Park. I'm pretty sure those are the only 2. That shows you how much I love it. Great show, better than the British version, Steve Carrell is a pimp, everything is just awesome. Some many great and memorable moments for me, the Wedding episode was great this year and the one where they but Andy's phone in the ceiling will forever be a classic.

I will have to go with coupling since I refuse to watch any shows that are remakes of any show from any other country. Now if it was the UK version of the office it would be a much harder choice.
I own the complete series of coupling on dvd and the office UK version complete series, as well as spaced and imo those are the 3 best comedys every that are not animated
so with that I would have to go with coupling. I also voted spaced over malcom in the other poll as well

It has to be the Office, the Sit Com that is still on that I watch the most, making sure I dont miss an episode. It has hugely drawn me in as a show I need to watch each and every week. It has a fantastic cast, but largely a great cast that supports the show, with all the side comedy. I can't think of another show that has had such a great supportive cast in all of TV.

I went with The Office. This is my favorite show on television at the moment. The comedy they present is just so perfect for me. It is one of the few shows where I laugh out loud to consistently.

If The Office is on TV, I am probably watching it. The worst office episode is probably the best thing on TV at that moment.

While no doubt it will be hard to sway the Americans from voting against The Office, but here's why Coupling is worth the vote.

Firstly, the writing is by Steve Moffat, a genius for timing, imagination and knows how to work the crowd, there's a reasons why he's leading Doctor Who now.

Secondly, it's original. People will make this round as the round of "US Version of..." and "UK Version of...". Simple fact is that while The Office spouted from the British Original (didn't like it, I will admit it) and Coupling was it's original show, just because Friends existed prior to Coupling does not make it a rip off, you look at the episodes, everything is original and their own thing, the only similiarity is that they're six people in the cast.

I will go into this more detail but I have to run off now.

Secondly, it's original. People will make this round as the round of "US Version of..." and "UK Version of...". Simple fact is that while The Office spouted from the British Original (didn't like it, I will admit it) and Coupling was it's original show, just because Friends existed prior to Coupling does not make it a rip off, you look at the episodes, everything is original and their own thing, the only similiarity is that they're six people in the cast.

I will go into this more detail but I have to run off now.

The Office US may be an extension of a previous show in the UK, but if you actually watch the both of them, you'll see they are absolutely NOTHING alike, especially in terms of their comedy. The UK version was very subtle and the humor was always delivered from the awkward and inappropriate situations that David Brent would get himself into, whereas the US Office is a much wackier, physical comedy-oriented show. You actually care for Michael Scott in this version, whereas David Brent was just an obnoxious asshole in the original Office. Really the two shows couldn't be more different when you actually compare them.

The Office should win here, quite easily.

I do not know about the Office but Coupling is my favorite show.Mostly because of Jane and Jeff,the two funniest crazy people on the world.Just look at this:

[YOUTUBE]bs1zz4zZhdM[/YOUTUBE]

That is pure gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo