• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zack Ryder = Eddie Guerrero ???

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
As most of us may know Zack Ryder as of late has found himself in a tight spot in the WWE. He is in jobbers hell with no way of escaping. (aka WWE Superstars) But what comes strange to most of us is that he is creating a fan base via Youtube. Every week, 100,000 people are entertained by his videos.

Although that average is slim when it comes to the viewership of Monday Night Raw. It is pretty high, in fact, that is way he is the internet champion! But jokes aside, Zack in the ring is fun to watch as well. When he was on ECW I couldn't help but root for the guy. He was the number one heel on that show. If Christian wasn't such an amazing champion I am sure Zack would have been a great heel champ till the end of ECW.

Now seeing Zack grow and groom his image I am starting to see signs of a young Eddie G. Both were very talented in the ring. And let's face it folks. If it wasn't for Eddie, Latino heat would not have be a staple in professional wrestling. Eddie gave the fans every reason to hate him but he had the charisma and the talent to make fans think differently.

On Superstars, Zack Ryder is often awarded the loudest pop of the night. He performs heel actions and often cheats in the match, yet the fans eat it up. Superstars can't get enough of Zack Ryder. His T-Shirts are constantly sold out at WWE house events.

Now granted Zack Ryder is using indirect means of showing his charisma by using social networking while Eddie just worked his ass off. Now here are a few questions I ask you

Do you see a comparison between Zack Ryder and Eddie Guerrero? If not, how come?

Oh no, another spam thread. You might as well compare him with Triple H...

On Superstars, Zack Ryder is often awarded the loudest pop of the night.

No, not true. He sucked even on Superstars. There is no response from the crowd when he is on Superstars except maybe when he is in his hometown.

Every week, 100,000 people are entertained by his videos.

Yes, but take note, that applies only to the new video. It's watched and subscribed by the same 100,000 people. So that 100,000 is a rough estimate of his fan base. Some people just watch it because it's free. Unlike the WWE videos, which is only viewable in the US, his channel is viewable by all audiences.

Superstars can't get enough of Zack Ryder.

No, not true. Even audiences of Superstars are tired of Zack Ryder.

His T-Shirts are constantly sold out at WWE house events.

That's according to him. Quick question: How many T-shirts were actually sold? How many Zach Ryder T-shirts do they have on the stand?

Do you see a comparison between Zack Ryder and Eddie Guerrero? If not, how come?

My question is: Do you see a comparison between Zack Ryder and Eddie Guerrero? If so, how come?

You started this thread, and you didn't even answer your own question. They both have charisma isn't an answer because lots of other Superstars have charisma, and Zach having charisma is highly subjective and debatable.

This isn't another Spam Thread. It's just not essentially in any way correct.

I don't believe that Eddie Guerrero and Ryder show any resemblance between each other. Yes, they both use heel tactics to win a match, but the crowd don't care and cheer anyways, but Eddie was a top class superstar, so there was reasoning there. Ryder is not a top class superstar, in any fashion. He's mediocre and is only entertaining when he's on a Computer Screen. Yes, he had a match against Kofi Kingston 2 weeks ago, but he didn't look brilliant and he also lost. When he's not doing his Youtube Show, there's not a presence we feel, or we don't long to see Ryder. With Guerrero, we would. He was one of the most entertaining superstars to date, who we lost way too early. Not having watched Superstars in a while, I don't know about the crowds there, but I suppose having seen Ryder excessively, they could be bored of him. I do agree with the above poster where he says that the 100,000 people who tune into his show are the same 100,000 people every time. Not once have I watched that and I don't really plan on it anytime. If it was Eddie though, I know I would watch every episode, without a doubt.

Let's face it, Eddie G. had a presence and a persona that is nothing like Zack Ryder has today, so no, I do not see any true comparisons or resemblances. There may be some in there, but very loose ones.

Not once have I watched that and I don't really plan on it anytime.

Then you need to give the guy a chance, they are very entertaining.
I'm not a Zack Ryder mark or whatever, he is on Superstars because that is what he deserves, he doesn't really stand out in any category, but his show is pretty good, give him a chance.

About the comparison between him and Eddie Guerrero... WTF?
They have nothing to do with each other, one is a goofy (Ryder) and the other one is cocky (Eddie).
Eddie was gold in the ring, Zack Ryder is average...
But of course like anybody, if they have the right program they can also be a star like Eddie was.

J4L and other haters, the SHOW is INDEEED GOOD.

"No, not true. He sucked even on Superstars. There is no response from the crowd when he is on Superstars except maybe when he is in his hometown."
-
No. Zack is above average in the ring, and he constantly interacts with the fans and gets a nice reaction.
-
"Yes, but take note, that applies only to the new video. It's watched and subscribed by the same 100,000 people. So that 100,000 is a rough estimate of his fan base. Some people just watch it because it's free. Unlike the WWE videos, which is only viewable in the US, his channel is viewable by all audiences."
-
No. In most of his videos his videos are viewed by well over 100,000. He even has videos in the 200,000s. Your logic is a fail.
-
"No, not true. Even audiences of Superstars are tired of Zack Ryder."
-
Oh really. I'd love to know where you get this from. Did you go there and ask the audience how they feel about Ryder?
-
"That's according to him. Quick question: How many T-shirts were actually sold? How many Zach Ryder T-shirts do they have on the stand?"
-
Um, no. If you go to WWE shop his shirts are always out of stock. So once again, you have no logic or idea as to what you're talking about.
-
I also find your comment about Ryder having charisma being debatable. If him having charisma is debatable, then there is no such thing as charisma.
-
Overall, by reading your post, you just made me dumber. Thanks alot.

Zack Ryder blows.. I just don't understand why the "IWC" thinks these crappy wrestlers are "good." The numbers on youtube don't mean crap.. because the 200,000 or so people could just be a bunch of the same people re-watching his videos.. because guess what, the views are counted every time you go to the video.. oops, I just went to one of his videos and it counted me.. i guess i'm part of the group that likes him, huh? His youtube show is boring and not that funny.. I've seen a couple of them and I just wasn't entertained at all.. he was better off as Edge's lackey

What's next? Everyone's gonna be loving Trent Barreta because he's not being "pushed" too?

Reactions: Lee
Zack Ryder=Eddie Guerrero.
Hell NO!!!
:rolleyes:
How can we compare one of the most entertaining and amazing wrestler(dare i say that!!!) of all time to a goofball like Ryder.
Ryder is not a good in ring talent to be honest.
He is charismatic.Hmmmmm....Agreed here.
But you are talking of another cena here....
Eddie gave us moments we will cherish as long as we watch the product..I doubt that Ryder can provide us with Good matches and Good Promos rather than being a promo boy....

Zack Ryder blows.. I just don't understand why the "IWC" thinks these crappy wrestlers are "good." The numbers on youtube don't mean crap.. because the 200,000 or so people could just be a bunch of the same people re-watching his videos.. because guess what, the views are counted every time you go to the video.. oops, I just went to one of his videos and it counted me.. i guess i'm part of the group that likes him, huh? His youtube show is boring and not that funny.. I've seen a couple of them and I just wasn't entertained at all.. he was better off as Edge's lackey

What's next? Everyone's gonna be loving Trent Barreta because he's not being "pushed" too?

Zack Ryder and Trent Barreta are both working the ring and business in an old school manner. For Zack, he's basically doing what any good wrestler in the old school days would do and that's get himself noticed... and his in-ring work isn't bad at all. In fact, it's really good if you actually watch the match. His match with Primo on Superstars this past Thursday was one of the most exciting matches on the show, and his match with Santino a few weeks ago on Superstars was also entertaining... and then the week before his Santino match, he managed to carry Kozlov to a very interesting single's bout.

For Trent Barreta, he's what would've happened to HBK if HBK was brought up in this era. Don't give me that look, Trent and HBK share without a doubt the most characteristics in the WWE and if you can't see that then you're absolutely blind. The guy knows how to play it up as a face, a heel, and can work a decent match with nearly anyone. He's good at working high spots when he needs to, but is mainly a great in-ring performer, like HBK.

The only reason Trent doesn't get pushed is cause Vince doesn't like small athletes. In the past few years, there's only been one person in Trent's weight class that has held the World title... and that's only because Rey's a veteran.

Reactions: PhD
I like Zack Ryder and think he deserves a push. His internet shows are quite good. I watched Superstars to watch his match and i have to say he was generally good. I thought Primo carried most of the match and it would have been good to see Zack do some more moves, maybe a suplex, ddt or something. He is young and relevant just needs to develop some more in ring moves.

Deserves a push maybe into the midcard belt picture.

I understand what the op is trying to say. calm down people he isn't saying that ryder is on the same level as eddie he is simply saying that he has been receiving a similar reaction.

when eddie did the lie cheat steal gimmick he was doing heel things but the crowd liked him and cheered anyway. and while ryder is booked as a heel the crowd likes him and cheers for him anyway.

to that point i agree, even though i feel it may be for different reasons. with eddie he was that damn charismatic and talented that people wanted to cheer for him no matter what. with ryder i do feel that there is a bit of sympathy there.

And so, just days after Chair Shot Reality makes a segment which shows that Ryder may finally be getting something of a push, the IWC turns on him.... well this is a shock! :banghead:

For every member of the IWC whose for Zack Ryder there is one who is not. Dude, I am this whole threads, one!

Comparing Eddie Guerrero, a guy who is reknowned as one of the best wrestlers of all-time, who wrestled in Mexico, Japan, Europe, who fought off drug problems and family issues and still went on to become what he did, who became what is to me, the perfect WWE Champion...

...To Zack Ryder??? Seriously, the Ryder marks need to wake up. Zack Ryder is a decent wrestler, he gets decent sized pops, he has good microphone skills and as for his "cheating" ways, he was playing a heel up until this very week, that's what all heels do. They cheat to win, therefore making them the villian. The role they're payed to play.

This thread is actually disrespectful to be honest, to Eddie Guerrero, he probably rolled in his grave once this was posted. Ryder marks, stop over-exaggerating everything about the guy. He's decent at everything asides from microphone skills which is his strong point. Drew McIntyre is better in the ring than Ryder, I'm not going to compare McIntyre to Ric Flair!

Stupid question, very, very stupid question, and an opinion which is wishfully thinkings.

For every member of the IWC whose for Zack Ryder there is one who is not. Dude, I am this whole threads, one!

Comparing Eddie Guerrero, a guy who is reknowned as one of the best wrestlers of all-time, who wrestled in Mexico, Japan, Europe, who fought off drug problems and family issues and still went on to become what he did, who became what is to me, the perfect WWE Champion...

...To Zack Ryder??? Seriously, the Ryder marks need to wake up. Zack Ryder is a decent wrestler, he gets decent sized pops, he has good microphone skills and as for his "cheating" ways, he was playing a heel up until this very week, that's what all heels do. They cheat to win, therefore making them the villian. The role they're payed to play.

This thread is actually disrespectful to be honest, to Eddie Guerrero, he probably rolled in his grave once this was posted. Ryder marks, stop over-exaggerating everything about the guy. He's decent at everything asides from microphone skills which is his strong point. Drew McIntyre is better in the ring than Ryder, I'm not going to compare McIntyre to Ric Flair!

Stupid question, very, very stupid question, and an opinion which is wishfully thinkings.

To be honest, I agree that its a over-exaggeration to compare zack with eddie but its amazing how much negativity about Ryder has come out since he's been rumoured to be getting a push. Just a few months ago there were threads with almost unanimous shouts for him to be getting a push and now that hes got it (possibly) the haters come out of the woodwork.

I havent been posting on here for long but I have read a lot of peoples comments about this happening before with wrestlers the IWC get behind, and now its just proving itself right in my mind with all the negativity coming in a thread like this.

Oh, okay, why isn't Ryder good in the ring?
-
Look I can be just like you. Eddie Guerrero was garbage in the ring and on the mic.

Eddie Garbage in the ring... What the hell do u smoke... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Eddie garbage on the mic.. Are u deaf who tries to lip read people and hence have problem in getting to understand Eddie... :wtf::wtf::wtf:

I mean Eddie is a LEGEND!! Do u understand that.. a L-E-G-E-N-D.... There a very few superstars who are on his level.. i think if i post a thread that contains a poll asking whether EG was one of the best entertainers of all time, then probably u will be the only person saying NO!!

Anyways coming back to OP, look the only thing about Ryder right now is his vids... We havent seen the guy on a major show with a decent feud yet.. How many promos has he dished out live... How many good angles has he involved in.. Till any of these things happen, NO COMPARISON.. Eddie without a doubt would have own Ryder anytime...

RIP EG!! We miss u!!

Yeah, I can't agree with that at all. You have to think about how Eddie made a name for himself in the WWE. His gimmick was controversial on Lying Cheating and Stealing. But the way he did it was unique. Loosening his boot so he could slip out of an Ankle Lock, Smashing a chair on the ground and falling to the floor so he couuld get they win, he was creative and a great showman. Zack Ryder started off in the WWE with La Familia. He's a former tag team champion, but I think that he needs to earn more of a gimmick that's real.

To be honest, I agree that its a over-exaggeration to compare zack with eddie but its amazing how much negativity about Ryder has come out since he's been rumoured to be getting a push. Just a few months ago there were threads with almost unanimous shouts for him to be getting a push and now that hes got it (possibly) the haters come out of the woodwork.

I havent been posting on here for long but I have read a lot of peoples comments about this happening before with wrestlers the IWC get behind, and now its just proving itself right in my mind with all the negativity coming in a thread like this.

Actually kind of the opposite. After the whole thing with Vince not allowing Zack to appear in his hometown on RAW, a lot of people are now siding with Ryder. I for one have never been a fan, he impresses me on the microphone and like I said, decent wrestler, some are better like say Trent Barreta. But Ryder isn't as good as a lot of Ryder marks make him out to be.

In the IWC, people will change as the wrestler themselves change. Also, props to you, you're the first obvious Ryder mark who has common sense. Well done, a rare breed.

I remember a couple of years ago, there were John Morrison threads every week which wanted me to blow my brains out. That is amplified times a million with every single Ryder thread I see these days. It befuddles me to be honest how these stupid topics come up about a guy I didn't even remember being a tag team champion.

On to the question at hand, hell no. Eddie was a great wrestler everywhere he was. His match with Mysterio at Halloween Havoc is one of my favorites ever. He had that connection with the fans much like Chris Benoit because of their work ethic and their likability (moreso in Guerrero's case). Ryder will never come close to what Guerrero did in the ring or on the mic.

There's no comparison between the two, and that's no disrespect to Ryder, but Eddie was a different kind of performer in a whole different situation. Eddie honed his skills wrestling around the world and learned to work every type of match and work a crowd in every way. When he came to WWE during the Attitude era, the place was stocked with veteran talent and in his 1st match he dislocates his elbow, then comes back as Chyna's stalker and is gold from that point on even in midcard feuds. Ryder on the other hand is a solid performer, not top tier, but not the worst. His gimmick is goofy and he's made the best of it, but I agree, right now I could see a midcard push, but that's it for now. Its funny, there was a time when being pushed as a midcarder was a big deal, but not these days. Its main event or bust now, lol. Anyway, no I can't compare these two at all. I think Ryder could be a Mr. Kennedy type guy (good on the mic, a little herky jerky, but solid in the ring), and that should be good enough.

Zack Ryder is not fit enough to lace Eddie Guerrero's boots at the moment. He is only 26 though and there is a chance that if he is given a push as a serious character and not as a goof, he might succeed. But at the moment Zack Ryder has done nothing to warrant comparison with Eddie.

Zack is, at best, decent in the ring. He wrestles an average match on Superstars mostly and his best match so far in the WWE has come against Christian in ECW, a guy who is well known for carrying inferior workers to good matches. Eddie on the other hand wrestled in three different countries, in a number of different styles and has given fantastic matches in all the countries. On a bad day I would expect Eddie to have a match that could be well better than Zack Ryder's best match.

They both cheat in matches but get cheers is a point that the OP mentioned. In Zack's case the cheers are much fewer in number and due to the online show that he hosts, which I think has quite a few fans. Eddie was cheered as a heel because of the entertaining manner in which he cheated. The fans slowly grew to like his tactics. In Zack's case he is cheered for something he does outside the ring and something that has little relation with wrestling.

Eddie was also a superlative performer on the microphone. He could be funny, passionate or dead serious. He played a number of characters over the years ranging from a ladies man to a psycho to a fun guy and excelled in all of them. Ryder, so far, has achieved moderate success as a goof.

This is one of the most asinine threads that I have ever seen being made on the forums but still theoretically, I guess, a poster is allowed to even compare Vladmir Kozlov to Steve Austin. I do hope, though, that the OP does realize that the comparison is not warranted at all.

The day Ryder is like Eddie Guerrero, is the day i'm Brock Lesnard. Damn are you all insane? Guerrero wrestled all around the world before getting in WWE and finally getting the world title. Ryder, what has Ryder done lately? Oh he has an internet show, well big deal everybody is on youtube these days. Has he wrestled all around the world without him being in WWE? Fuck no, he was a nobody and still is a nobody. His only claim to fame was when he was an Edge clone and he even failed at that. So no Ryder is not Eddie Guerrero, he isn't even Chavo Guerrero.

Oh no, another spam thread. You might as well compare him with Triple H...

Before you insult him please think about what he's trying to say.

No, not true. He sucked even on Superstars. There is no response from the crowd when he is on Superstars except maybe when he is in his hometown.

[YOUTUBE]klWx8rSVYJg[/YOUTUBE]

Thats Superstars and Ryder worked the crowd big time here. Sure, Dust helped but the crowd ate it UP

Yes, but take note, that applies only to the new video. It's watched and subscribed by the same 100,000 people. So that 100,000 is a rough estimate of his fan base.

Its a hundred thousand people. That's huge. And he's just fucking around. Imagine if he turned it up. He's a Youtube Sensation and Youtube is mainstream. Fact.

Next, say if he did get released, WWE would lose a hundred thousand of its views not to mention potentially more. Youtube pays you, the fact that a hundred thousand people are following him would mean he's a franchise waiting to happen.

Some people just watch it because it's free. Unlike the WWE videos, which is only viewable in the US, his channel is viewable by all audiences.

No, not true. Even audiences of Superstars are tired of Zack Ryder.

Video above.

That's according to him. Quick question: How many T-shirts were actually sold? How many Zach Ryder T-shirts do they have on the stand?

Those are only House shows. Ryder's T-shirts are incredibly popular:

http://www.wweshop.com/category/Men/TShirts-Basics

Go on the site, click every single T-Shirt, check out how many reviews you get. Then check the customer rating depending on the review. Ryder has 5 stars, 25 reviews. Does this mean only 25 people buy his shirt? No, it means out of all those "exclusive" T-shirts, Ryder's the most popular.

You started this thread, and you didn't even answer your own question. They both have charisma isn't an answer because lots of other Superstars have charisma

Tell me, out of all the low card guys who has charisma? They're all 'E machines. Robots. Primo, Koslov, Khali, Hawkins. Ryder has charisma. There wouldn't be Ryder signs everywhere in the Raw crowd if he wasn't.

and Zach having charisma is highly subjective and debatable.

http://twitter.com/#!/ZackRyder

Look at the followers.

"CeNation. Zack Ryder training montage tonight was best worst thing I've ever seen in my life. Horribly wonderful"

That's Cena.

"So LAME that WWE didn't include Zack Ryder on Raw last night. No reason not to! Wrestling is supposed to be FUN, remember? Time to riot."

That's Jericho

"You didn't rib 'the kid' tonight, you ribbed the fans, Long Island, and the boys in the back. And kicked him in the nuts. #RyderOrRiot"

That's Ziggler

Fact of the matter is, most of the upper echleon of 'E and the golden boy, Cena thinks Ryder has charisma. I'm not saying he should be ME, but he should get TV time based on his Youtube vids, T-Shirt sales and his overall popularity.

Also, the fact that Cena, Y2J, Ziggler commented on Ryder, blows your "Highly debatable" point out the water

Here I was thinking Yoshi Tatsu had parallel's to The Undertaker. This one is clearly mind-blowing. I mean those times Zack cheats a wrestler to win while acting like a babyface are phenomenal. Or how about those cruiserweight matches with Golddust? Clearly he's the next Rey Mysterio. The comparisons are there. People just do wanna see the truth. You'd rather get got.

Wow really? Zack Ryder at the same level as Eddie or even a notch bellow. This tread must have been written by Zack Ryder himself or TNA creative. Zack is not even a poor man John Cena or Edge wanna be much lest comparing him to a legend and Hall of Famer like Eddie. Ryder can't even make it into the Jobbers Hall of Fame. He is not even in the same league as Santino, Brooklyn Brawler, SD Jones, Koko B Ware, Repoman, Doink and Eric Young. The guy is even bellow Marty Jannetty when it comes to talent.

Hate that people cant read or grasp the idea of a title...OP is not saying Zack Ryder is Eddie Guerrero, has accomplished what Eddie has or even is remotely like Eddie behaviouraly... OP was pointing out that similar to when Eddie first started he built a character that was supposed to be a heel, but still drew reactions from some fans, yes some, there were always those that booed him but alot of us cheered! Zack Ryder is the same, he does stuff like tuants in a ring when hes supposed to wrestle and still draws cheers or follow ons and ofcourse the wwe "edited" boos.

Clearly OP would have got more educated responses if he had titled the thread something else, but why are people so imcompetent to base their response on the title...

WWWYKI! <3

Eddie had wrestled around the world when he was doing his face cheat to win gimmick. Ryder is not a face, as far as I'm concerned he won't be until he turns on WWE television (just because he gets pops from his hometown crowd does NOT make this guy a face). Eddie had wrestling in his blood, its what he was born and breed to do. Ryder has done a great job of building up his own popularity via Youtube. That being said, Ryder isn't on Eddies level, not even close. Can he get to the level Eddie was at before his death? I don't know. Ryder can go far with the talent and charisma he has but Eddie is a future HOF Inductee. Certainly hope the same luck for Zack but let's not hold our breath. Eddie is a legend in the sport.

Hate that people cant read or grasp the idea of a title...OP is not saying Zack Ryder is Eddie Guerrero, has accomplished what Eddie has or even is remotely like Eddie behaviouraly... OP was pointing out that similar to when Eddie first started he built a character that was supposed to be a heel, but still drew reactions from some fans, yes some, there were always those that booed him but alot of us cheered! Zack Ryder is the same, he does stuff like tuants in a ring when hes supposed to wrestle and still draws cheers or follow ons and ofcourse the wwe "edited" boos.

Clearly OP would have got more educated responses if he had titled the thread something else, but why are people so imcompetent to base their response on the title...

WWWYKI! <3

Thank you sir, but to be fair. I posted this late last night after coming home from a party. After reading my own post I failed to mention more comparisons between the two's character's and how the fans react to them. But hey, this just shows who reads a thread and who just reads the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back