What to do with Zack Ryder?

Zack Ryder needs his own Koslov to establish himself as a lower card attraction. He needs a straight man to play off for his goofy gimmick to shine through. That guy can either be his tag partner or his opponent. Why not pair Ted Dibiase and Ryder in a program for a lower card? Both have potential to be major players in the mid card division for years to come.

Ryder does have a decent in-ring ability and his mic skills aren't too bad but I can't take him seriously. He has had good matches before but there is just no way for me to take him seriously. His gear is ridiculous and his catch phrase is a joke. I think they would have to change him somewhat so everyone could take him seriously and actually think he deserves a push. We've seen him go to the bottom of the roster, becoming a jobber on Superstars and acting like an idiot the entire way down. If they don't re-brand him then I don't think he has a chance.

Santino is a different story than Ryder because Santino's character is supposed to be a joke and he's actually funny. Ryder isn't funny at all and his character seems like he's just stupid rather than being a joke.

Zack Ryder can be interesting if used in the right way. Zack's current "Long Island Iced Z"/Jersey Shore gimmick is interesting because of his catchphrases and his way of using the gimmick.
I'm not sure but I think that he will be future endeavored because The WWE doesn't really have any plans for him.

Zack Ryder has something a lot of mid card guys don't have in the WWE, and that is an unique gimmick. Ryder works the gimmick so well and plays it off and it is realistic. I'm not sure if people are just fans of Zack Ryder or if they are just fans of how he portrays his gimmick. I'm a big fan of Ryder and while I don't expect much to come of his career, the potential is most certainly there. As many have said Ryder has a good look, good in ring skill, and good mic skill. Anyone can be pushed, it just needs that start. Ryder just needs to start building up some victories. I think a move to SD in the 2011 draft would help guide a push for Ryder. It allows him to break away from the crowded Raw scene and get some work on SD. Look what it did for Ziggler back when he was moved over. He picked up some wins and now his push has come full circle. I'm not saying Ryder will be a world title contender, but he could very easily hold his own in the mid card if given the opportunity.

Zach Ryder deserves a push of somee kind. he has the look, mic skills, entrance, and can wrestle. I have no idea why they won't give the push. Tired of seeing the same guys in main events. Ryder has so much potential. The person that needs convincing right now is Vince.

Can someone explain to me exactly what they see in Zach Ryder? More talent then most superstars have in their pinkie finger? Please.

As someone who watched Zach on a regular basis actually get to wrestle on ECW weekly, Zach couldn't work a full match without blowing up. In other words, despite the fact that he appears in shape, his conditioning to wrestle a long match simply isn't there. I remember a match that he had with Christian when he went all out for the first 5 minutes, and CHristian literally had to carry his lifeless corpse around for the next 10 because he was completely out of breath. When the casual observer notices this, Id imagine that WWE has as well.

The best place for Ryder to make a name for himself is on Superstars, honestly. He's saddled with a terrible gimmick that has little chance of getting over as a serious character, especially on the red brand. If he's able to get over on the true wrestling show in Superstars, then consider giving him a push. But if he can't work the entire match without completely blowing up, then he's not worth investing in. Staying on Superstars and learning to pace himself is the best course of action right now for Ryder. Forget about challenging for titles or his talent. While he may have some talent, it's not worth a dime if he can't pace himself during a match. Plain and simple.

i honestly do not like zach, at allo. the last time i cheered for him is hwne him and curt hawkins grew their hair out and started dressing like mini-edge's. the edgeheads were a great team and i think zach is more suited for tag teaming, like you said if he does get out of breath easy he can tag in catch his breath then get tagged back in. but if wwe were smart they would re-unite hawkins and ryder and put them back with edge other than that i see a big fat future endeavored

Can someone explain to me exactly what they see in Zach Ryder? More talent then most superstars have in their pinkie finger? Please.

Of course he has. Have you seen some of the guys that they're pushing these days? Jackson? Otunga? Slater? JTG even! And he is one of the worst "entertainers" I have seen in a long time. Zack Ryder has major talent. He's someone that cant pace himself in a match? What are you on about? His matches usually last for 3 minutes? Um, yeah, don't need much pacing for that one.

If given the right gimmick AND the right push, he could be gold. I mean, if they had never pushed Cena as superman, do you ever think he would have got the cheers, or boos for that matter, that he does now? No, he wouldnt.

Lets not waste people that actually have talent, WWE.

He needs to go back to the long hair and tag back up with Hawkins. There are some people who compared them to the Hardys in their prime. I think the Long Island Ice Z gimmick was too way out there for fans, Whoever gave him that gimmick in creative I hope was fired, because you took a talented young wrestler like Ryder and virtually made him unrelateable to the fans.:icon_neutral:

Of course he has. Have you seen some of the guys that they're pushing these days? Jackson? Otunga? Slater? JTG even!

Zeke is a beast and has a phenomenal look, Otunga can actually draw some heat and I don't even know how they're pushing Heath Slater exactly. They're pushing Nexus, not Heath alone. And JTG, how are they pushing him at all?

He's someone that cant pace himself in a match? What are you on about? His matches usually last for 3 minutes? Um, yeah, don't need much pacing for that one.

3 minutes in a match? Exactly. If he were actually talented, they'd give him more time. But they don't because he doesn't draw heat like he should. Even in his ECW matches, he wasn't that good. Didn't they even try and give him a little push on RAW recently? I wonder why they stopped that push?

If given the right gimmick AND the right push, he could be gold. I mean, if they had never pushed Cena as superman, do you ever think he would have got the cheers, or boos for that matter, that he does now? No, he wouldnt.

Oh so just because the WWE pushes a guy who is very talented in and out of the ring, they should push a talentless lower mid carder like Zack, ehhh, I don't think so.

He needs to go back to the long hair and tag back up with Hawkins. There are some people who compared them to the Hardys in their prime. I think the Long Island Ice Z gimmick was too way out there for fans, Whoever gave him that gimmick in creative I hope was fired, because you took a talented young wrestler like Ryder and virtually made him unrelateable to the fans.:icon_neutral:

I actually love this idea. The current Zack Ryder gimmick isn't going anywhere. Its annoying and isn't even drawing heat for Zack Ryder. As a tag team, the Major Brothers were actaully pretty damn good. WWE is in desperate need for tag teams, and the Major Brother would do wonders for both of their careers. That's the only hope Zack Ryder actaully has.

Zack Ryder is simply awesome. Alot of people would go with having Ryder join Nexus but I wouldn't have him do that. Ryder needs to be pushed and they should do that by having him go into the Tag Team Division. Now, this doesn't mean im saying reunite Ryder and Hawkins because im not. Im saying how about they put Ryder with DiBiase another guy who is hardly used. Have them suddenly become a tag team. They have style,charisma and tag team experience.

Zeke is a beast and has a phenomenal look, Otunga can actually draw some heat and I don't even know how they're pushing Heath Slater exactly. They're pushing Nexus, not Heath alone. And JTG, how are they pushing him at all?

3 minutes in a match? Exactly. If he were actually talented, they'd give him more time. But they don't because he doesn't draw heat like he should. Even in his ECW matches, he wasn't that good. Didn't they even try and give him a little push on RAW recently? I wonder why they stopped that push?

Oh so just because the WWE pushes a guy who is very talented in and out of the ring, they should push a talentless lower mid carder like Zack, ehhh, I don't think so

Please tell me what show you are watching! Because it certainly isn't Raw or Smackdown? Okay, Jackson has a good look, so what? If I had a dollar for every time a guy had a good look, then I would be a millionaire. Jackson is so green in that ring it's not funny. WHAT?!?! Otunga draws heat? HAHAHA. Oh god that's made my day. Correction. Wade Barrett draws heat. What show are you watching? And Otunga is THAT bad in the ring. I'd take Ryder over him anyday of the week. Um, hello, of course they're pushing Slater, he was apart of one of the biggest factions WWE has had for a while. If they're pushing Nexus, they're pushing him. I was trying to say JTG continues to get air time, more than Zack Ryder

Now this is where your argument becomes ridiculously silly. Match length doesn't have anything to do with a persons talent? That's just stupid. He doesn't draw heat because WWE HAS NOT GIVEN HIM A MIC IN THE LAST YEAR TO TALK and doesn't give him an entrance. Then you'll come back with "well that's because hes not talented bla bla bla". It's because hes not 7 foot tall and doesn't weigh 300 pounds.WHAT!? Hahaha. Please tell me this how that you're watching, because it's the polar opposite of what raw is. Mini push? What are you talking about? This guy hasn't had a push since '09

Hey, when did they start pushing Cena? Back when he WAS a talentless wrestler. Granted, he's evolved. Now, just imagine what they could do with someone that actually has talent! Um, yeah, pretty sure if They pushed anyone as superman, they'd be super over. Talentless mid-carder. Oh, right, sorry, you like your big, black men. Ehh, yeah, they should push him.

i feel ryder has more in ring talent than miz idk y he dosent have a us or ic belt when he has more talent than the wwe champ

Please tell me what show you are watching! Because it certainly isn't Raw or Smackdown? Okay, Jackson has a good look, so what? If I had a dollar for every time a guy had a good look, then I would be a millionaire. Jackson is so green in that ring it's not funny.

The look gets you time on air. Zack doesn't have that, thus, gets very little time.

WHAT?!?! Otunga draws heat? HAHAHA. Oh god that's made my day. Correction. Wade Barrett draws heat. What show are you watching? And Otunga is THAT bad in the ring.

So your telling me when Otunga slapped the shit out of Big Show last week the crowd was booing Wade Barrett? Ah, I see.

I'd take Ryder over him anyday of the week. Um, hello, of course they're pushing Slater, he was apart of one of the biggest factions WWE has had for a while. If they're pushing Nexus, they're pushing him.

No. Heath has had little to no singles matches to show his ability in the ring. He's had no mic time and without Nexus, would be future endeavoured. They aren't pushing Heath, they're pushing Nexus. If you break them apart, Wade is the only one (and Otunga) getting a push.

I was trying to say JTG continues to get air time, more than Zack Ryder

Good.

Now this is where your argument becomes ridiculously silly. Match length doesn't have anything to do with a persons talent? That's just stupid.

I never said that.

He doesn't draw heat because WWE HAS NOT GIVEN HIM A MIC IN THE LAST YEAR TO TALK and doesn't give him an entrance. Then you'll come back with "well that's because hes not talented bla bla bla".

Did you watch ECW? He was at one time the number one contendership for the ECW title. Yet, because of his inability to draw heat, they stopped the push.

It's because hes not 7 foot tall and doesn't weigh 300 pounds.WHAT!? Hahaha. Please tell me this how that you're watching, because it's the polar opposite of what raw is. Mini push? What are you talking about? This guy hasn't had a push since '09

Well, you remember he did fight for the WWE Championship against Sheamus at one time. He even did some promos with Edge.

Hey, when did they start pushing Cena? Back when he WAS a talentless wrestler. Granted, he's evolved. Now, just imagine what they could do with someone that actually has talent! Um, yeah, pretty sure if They pushed anyone as superman, they'd be super over. Talentless mid-carder. Oh, right, sorry, you like your big, black men. Ehh, yeah, they should push him.

Dude, the gimmick is just god aweful. Could you really see a stupid gimmick fighting Cena or Orton for the Championship. Could you seriously see him as a threat. His best bet, team with Hawkins again, hopefully get something out of his career before its too late. And Cena was pushed because he actaully had what it took to be on top. He started acting like a main eventer, Zack Ryder, on the other hand hasn't proved himself. Everytime the WWE gives him a little something, he fails with it. WWE's best bet is to form some kind of tag team with him, that's his only hope.

More talent in his pinkie finger than most of the roster combined? Is this thread a joke?

Ryder is exactly where he needs to be - low on the card and mostly having matches on Superstars, if at all. He had a decent thing going on ECW and can be genuinely funny, but his gimmick and ability were never going to get him far once that show ended. He was never "destined for big things" - retiring Dreamer and getting an ECW title shot aren't what I'd call huge accomplishments.

Ryder is the perfect enhancement guy. He's got just enough name value to make a squash win over him somewhat relevant. I wouldn't be surprised if he is to be fed to Mason Ryan once he comes up from FCW and that's what he should be doing.

I disagree with the most of you. They just need him to wrestle yes WRESTLE not job to Santino. I would have him go to the Blue Brand team up with the Nexus and sometime in the near future when Undertaker or Edge or anyone is fighting for the World Heavy Weight tittle have him come in and Either do his finisher to Barrett or give his opponont a weapon and distract the Reff allowing Wade Barrett to get get hit with a weapon and have him fued for the IC championship Well, that is just what I would have in store for Ryder. Also a gimmick change would surface.

easy fix team him with percy watkins there very simler like MJ black and white those 2 would be funny as hell togther have them win the tag titles because the tag divsion is very week every week is the usos vs santiono and kosloff!! wwe needs more solid tag teams

They need to release him. I seriously do not understand all of the Ryder love. He is not a very good wrestler. He has no personality whatsoever, he can't give a good promo, he brings absolutely nothing to the WWE except his exceptional jobbing skills. Move along, there is no Superstar to see here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back