Xplosion Coming To SpikeTV?

Wait! They are putting it on Thursday nights too? What is the fucking point in that?

You see, the reason that the WWE works so well, is that they are not making their fans wait to see another chapter in a story. Imagine, if you will, The NXT angle on Raw at the moment. It all started on Raw a few weeks ago and has continued onto NXT and no one, at this point, would rule it out of becoming prominent on Smackdown at some point in the future. The thing is, you want to have people watching your shows during the week. You want to keep the ideas fresh in their minds and you want to spread that our across the week. It makes my mind boggle that they have put both shows on the same night, I just don't see the fricking point in that... I mean, if they wanted to "showcase more of their expansive roster" why not just make Impact three hours? Would that have been so bad?

Anyway, it has been said before that it will eventually be moved to another night but surely then it makes this part of the process redundant. Fans will be just getting used to seeing the show on Thursdays and then it will be moved again to probably a Tuesday night or something similar. I am a WWE fan, couldn't you tell, but I do want to see TNA survive. This decision just screams idiocy and literally left me speechless when I read it at first. I know people will try and defend this decision but in my opinion, it is stupid and not worthwhile. Just put the new show on a different night and use Impact to push it.

Wait! They are putting it on Thursday nights too? What is the fucking point in that?

You see, the reason that the WWE works so well, is that they are not making their fans wait to see another chapter in a story. Imagine, if you will, The NXT angle on Raw at the moment. It all started on Raw a few weeks ago and has continued onto NXT and no one, at this point, would rule it out of becoming prominent on Smackdown at some point in the future. The thing is, you want to have people watching your shows during the week. You want to keep the ideas fresh in their minds and you want to spread that our across the week. It makes my mind boggle that they have put both shows on the same night, I just don't see the fricking point in that... I mean, if they wanted to "showcase more of their expansive roster" why not just make Impact three hours? Would that have been so bad?

Anyway, it has been said before that it will eventually be moved to another night but surely then it makes this part of the process redundant. Fans will be just getting used to seeing the show on Thursdays and then it will be moved again to probably a Tuesday night or something similar. I am a WWE fan, couldn't you tell, but I do want to see TNA survive. This decision just screams idiocy and literally left me speechless when I read it at first. I know people will try and defend this decision but in my opinion, it is stupid and not worthwhile. Just put the new show on a different night and use Impact to push it.
You're jumping the gun there, Dave. First off, it's not official.They may decide to change the line up to different nights. But you're missing the point of the all night TNA night. Thursday is TNA's night. It goes totally uncontested. The idea here is to establish a firm fanbase that whenever they see TNA Xplosion or ReAction on their TV Guide, they know what to expect. That's why the idea of putting it all in one night is for. Its not gonna last forever. It's just a lure for TNA fans and non fans to learn what it is and establish the fanbase. And ratings. Its not as dumb as it looks. Sure, that's basically 4 hours of weekly TNA stuffed into one night, but it's will most likely be for a limited time only.

So is this the possible "huge" announcement that Dixie was talking about? Although a 2nd show is big, it's nothing that will change TNA forever.

So is this the possible "huge" announcement that Dixie was talking about? Although a 2nd show is big, it's nothing that will change TNA forever.

Not necessarily, man.

From the sound of it, they're taking a page out of the VKM book of "Professional Wrestling & You" by "branding" their program – though it's unknown as to whether or not they'll be treated as brand-specific.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2010-tna-relaunches-xplosion-program2131

Currently seen internationally, the re-fitted show will feature new and exclusive matches with the TNA Superstars, as well as updates on everything TNA, including coverage of its flagship series “iMPACT!”

“TNA features more talented superstars than ever before in company history, so it made sense to refresh “Xplosion” and make it a more important part of the TNA brand,” said TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter.

In addition to the format changes, “Xplosion” will feature a new announce team, a new logo, graphics and theme music performed by Victory Records recording artist “Taproot”.

That right there is the tell-all if you ask me. A new announce team tells me that it'll be a show that they're hoping will root itself as alternate programming to iMPACT!, the same way SmackDown! and RAW are sister shows but entirely different now.

Logo's dope, though.

xplosion2.jpg

[YOUTUBE]e0SoVggd3LQ[/YOUTUBE]

Show: Impact

Air Time: Every Thursday night 9-11

General Manager: Ric Flair (heel)

Assistant: Ms. Tessmarcher

Commentators: Mike Tennay and Don West

Ring Announcer: Jeremy Borash

Backstage Interviewer: Christy Hemme

Titles: TNA World Heavyweight Championship, TNA Television Championship, TNA World Tag Team Titles, TNA X Division Championship and TNA Knockouts Championship

Roster: AJ Styles, Alex Shelly, Angelina Love, Awesome Kong, Bryan Danielson, Chris Sabin, Delirious, Douglas Williams, Hamada, Hernandez, Homicide, James Storm, Jay Lethal, Jeff Jarrett, Ken Doane, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Mr. Anderson, Petey Williams, Rob Eckos Rob Van Dam, Robert Roode, Shane Helms ( Velvet Sky will be his manager), Shannon Moore, Tara, Taylor Wilde and Velvet Sky

Show: Xplosion

Air Time: Every Tuesday night 8-10

General Manager: Mick Foley (face)

Commentators: Taz and Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer: Stephen DeAngelis

Backstage Interviewer: So Cal Val

TNA World Championship, TNA Hardcore Title, TNA Tag Team Titles, TNA Universal X Division Title and TNA World Knockouts Championship

Roster: Abyss, Alissa Flash, Amazing Red, Brian Kendrick, Charlie Haas, Chelsea, Christopher Daniels, D’Angelo Dinero, Daffney, Desmond Wolfe (Chelsea will be his manager), Eric Young, Jay Briscoe, Jeff Hardy, Jeremy Buck, Kazarian, Lacey Von Erich, Madison Rayne, Magnus, Mark Briscoe, Max Buck, Mickie James, Reid Flair( Lacey Von Erich will be his manager) Rhino, Samoa Joe, Sara Del Rey, Sarita, Shelton Benjamin and Tomko

Sign: Awesome Kong, Sara Del Rey, Christopher Daniels, The Briscoe Brothers, Alissa Flash, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Hass, Petey Williams, Mickie James, Ken Doane, Bryan Danielson and Delirious

Release: Jesse Neal, Jimmy Hart, Kevin Nash, Orlando Jordan, Rob Terry, Rosie, Sean Waltman, Shark Boy, Stevie Richards, Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff

Floaters: Dixie Carter and Kurt Angle (Floaters can go to whichever show they want to)

Creative Team: Mick Foley, Tommy Dreamer, Raven and Ric Flair

Pay Per Views: Both shows will receive four matches to showcase their talent.

January/Destination X: Will be featured as an all X Division ppv with the two X Division Title matches being a Ultimate X match.

April/Lockdown: Will be featured as an all cage match ppv with Lethal Lockdown being the main event. It will be Team Impact vs. Team Xplosion giving the winning show a trophy/plaque and the chance to main event Bound For Glory that same year.

July/Slammiversary: Will be featured as the anniversary of TNA wrestling. With the two main events being a five man King Of The Mountain match.

October/Bound For Glory: Will be featured as TNA’s biggest pay per view of the year with the winning show at Lockdown the chance to main event.

Super Shows:
The rest of the pay per views will be replaced with a three hour long super show.

Other Ideas:
Allow Sting to retire.
Go For a youth movement.
Have Samoa Joe retire Kurt Angle as a wrestler.
Have AJ Styles retire Ric Flair as a wrestler.
Have Abyss retire Mick Foley as a wrestler.
Have Beer Money retire Team 3D.
Revamp the X Division.
Bring back the world X Cup.
Bring an international flair into the X Division.
Get rid of the Suicide character and use Kiyoshi.
Revamp the Knockouts Division.
Get rid of the Knockouts tag team titles.
Team Eric Young and Tomko together and make them a Jerishow type of team.
Reunite LAX and have them go heel after a couple of months being face.
Look more into wrestlers in the Indies.
Stop releasing the wrestlers that the fans have labeled as TNA worthy.
Travel to other venues other than the Impact zone.
Go Live to prevent spoilers from leaking onto the internet.
Communicate with your wrestlers more to find some common ground.

It's been over a year. The show's formula has changed, ratings are supposedly up and so has the quality. Yet still no air time on Spike TV. What happened to this deal? Last year, the plan was to air it before Impact and then follow up with Reaction. By now, it would have surely have it's own night and have more than one new match. This makes 3 shows Spike just drops despite their moderate success that could favor TNA.

OK then, being from the UK I already get Xplosion. While it has moved (in recent weeks) from a recap of Impact to its own show format it really is nothing great or that entertaining unfortunately.

The current format is:
1. Xplosion Championship contenders match to open the show.
2. TNA Spin Cycle.
3. Impact Match of the Week (Old PPV or TNA Impact match) which are normally just reminders of how great TNA can be and has been in the past.
4. Upcoming PPV hype
5. Replay bits from Impact Main Event.

If TNA decides to change this format and create a brand new show which uses the lower and mid card wrestlers then great but in its current format it will just get bashed on every wrestling site and forum around.

Finally Xplosion also shows matches under "Sin Cara lighting", infront a dead audience and Taz/Borash simply chat bullshit throughout. TNA need to imprve the show immensely as if it airs before Impact then it is likel to make more people tune out than in

OK then, being from the UK I already get Xplosion. While it has moved (in recent weeks) from a recap of Impact to its own show format it really is nothing great or that entertaining unfortunately.

The current format is:
1. Xplosion Championship contenders match to open the show.
2. TNA Spin Cycle.
3. Impact Match of the Week (Old PPV or TNA Impact match) which are normally just reminders of how great TNA can be and has been in the past.
4. Upcoming PPV hype
5. Replay bits from Impact Main Event.

If TNA decides to change this format and create a brand new show which uses the lower and mid card wrestlers then great but in its current format it will just get bashed on every wrestling site and forum around.

Finally Xplosion also shows matches under "Sin Cara lighting", infront a dead audience and Taz/Borash simply chat bullshit throughout. TNA need to imprve the show immensely as if it airs before Impact then it is likel to make more people tune out than in

Actually....Xplosion in 2nd highest rated in the UK behind Impact. So people do watch it which is why it's been moved to a primetime slot.

I agree with what your saying. I don't think they will do a brand split just yet, I believe they will most likely change the format once the Championship Challenge is over.

"Sin Cara lighting" is a bad term for it considering they have been using it before Cara was even in WWE.

In terms of the dead crowd factor, I think once TNA starts branching out on the road, they can easily keep Xplosion in the Impact Zone and tape on a Monday or Tuesday which should have a hotter crowd considering Xplosion matches are taped after Impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back