xfear, NSL and Ty Burna Presents: The Screamo/Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Thread

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Ah yes, this was long overdue I believe. I don't feel right taking the first post in this thread, but because I did share a love of the genres listed, I figured it was time we combined it all into one epic thread, similar to the All Hip Hop Thread. So just like that, come on in, take a seat, or if you prefer the mosh pit, by all means jump on in, and let's get down to some serious discussion relating to the awesomeness that are punk subgenres.

Now, onto the first discussion, real screamo vs. the mainstream screamo. Nothing pissed me off more than all these little high school teeny boppers claiming they know what real screamo is when they cite bands such as Fall Out Boy. It truly is a shame that they have no idea where it actually started, and what screamo really means to the artists involved in the screamo scene. How you could say Fall Out Boy and similar bands could even hold a candle to bands such as Circle Takes The Square, pg. 99, The Locust, Orchid, and one of my all time favorite screamo bands, Saetia. These are bands that have never made it big, but have a very strong following with all those that enjoy true screamo.

I do make some exceptions, Thursday was a decent band for a little while, but they got annoying after about the second album they released. Many other artists take cues from the old screamo bands, but they usually resemble more post hardcore then emo, the original post hardcore, and punk rock origins. Which of course begs the question, what is screamo exactly? You can look at it in different ways I guess. Originally I thought of it as a more aggressive Emo, but I quickly changed my mind on that and have thought of it as a more melodic punk with screaming involved. It's difficult to really categorize what screamo is because of so many subgenres of punk being created and listed nowadays.

So with that being said, I have had the utmost pleasure to see many screamo bands live. Pg. 99 and Circle Takes the Square are the two bands that really stand out in my mind, and they actually played at a local pizza parlor in a town called Lincoln in North Dakota. This is just a few miles outside of the capitol city of Bismarck here, so for them to play at our usual venue was an extremely awesome treat. But I digress, I want to go further into my scene that I was in on a separate post instead of throwing it on this one.

Screamo, the new version or the old school version? Which do you prefer and what bands would you recommend within the genre?

I'll start my post with: I'm so pissed my name isn't included. I've been saying X and I should have a music discussion thread, since that's a majority of what we discuss...

Back on topic:

Old v New doesn't really matter to me. I like anything that sounds good, no matter the genre. There are people that piss me off, when they mention bands like Fall Out Boy as rock, much less screamo. They've never even skimmed the surface. Their best song is Beat It, and that's obviously not their song.

I'm really looking forward to Warped Tour though. There's a few shit bands playing, but there's a ton of bands I either barely know, or don't know at all that I must see. It'll be a time to enjoy bands I love, and fall in love with some others.

Scary Kids Scaring Kids is the first band I'll be seeking out...I must know where they're playing, and what stage...

Now, onto the first discussion, real screamo vs. the mainstream screamo. Nothing pissed me off more than all these little high school teeny boppers claiming they know what real screamo is when they cite bands such as Fall Out Boy.

Anyone who even remotely thinks that Fall Out Boy is screamo is out of their fucking minds. I can't think of a single Fall Out Boy song that I've heard that has any screaming whatsoever. Do they ever scream?

I've never heard someone call them screamo, but I have heard them referred to as emo, which angers me to no end. Real emo does not incorporate pop music in any way, which Fall Out Boy obviously includes loads of. Quite frankly I despise that band, and lets just never mention their name again in this thread ever again.

I do make some exceptions, Thursday was a decent band for a little while, but they got annoying after about the second album they released.

I've always liked Thursday. They incorporate a bit more emo into their music than your traditional screamo band. But I really enjoy Full Collapse and War All the Time, both are very good albums. They're pretty amazing live as well.

So with that being said, I have had the utmost pleasure to see many screamo bands live. Pg. 99 and Circle Takes the Square are the two bands that really stand out in my mind, and they actually played at a local pizza parlor in a town called Lincoln in North Dakota. This is just a few miles outside of the capitol city of Bismarck here, so for them to play at our usual venue was an extremely awesome treat. But I digress, I want to go further into my scene that I was in on a separate post instead of throwing it on this one.

I saw CTTS years ago, and it blew my fucking mind to pieces. I have to credit my buddy Evan (ever heard of the band Vanna? He's the guitarist/co-singer) for getting me into screamo/metalcore in the first place, and the two bands he introduced to me were Circle Takes the Square, and Fear Before the March of Flames (their first album IMO is the greatest screamo/metalcore album ever made). Fear Before is also where I got my username from, I've kept this same screename/username since I was about 14.

Screamo, the new version or the old school version? Which do you prefer and what bands would you recommend within the genre?

I think it's far too early to really even classify an "old school" version of screamo. The genre only started in the 90s, I think its a bit too soon.

Any fans of Poison the Well? Fucking LOVE those guys, when I was in the middle of this awful/amazing relationship with one of the only girls I've ever loved, they got me through so many times. I was court-ordered to an inpatient rehab, and spent 8 monthes there. The only time I ever found any pleasure from that hell was the one time a day they would let us listen to some music. I must've listened to the songs "Nerdy", "Torn" and "Grain of Salt" a billion times in that 8 month span.

God I love screamo/metalcore Ty, thanks for starting this thread. One of the biggest things in my life was becoming a part of the New England screamo scene and meeting so many new people and all kinds of new music that really spoke to me with all of it's anger and hurt. Fuck everyone if they call us a bunch of pussy emos, I don't care.

Any fans of Poison the Well? Fucking LOVE those guys, when I was in the middle of this awful/amazing relationship with one of the only girls I've ever loved, they got me through so many times. I was court-ordered to an inpatient rehab, and spent 8 monthes there. The only time I ever found any pleasure from that hell was the one time a day they would let us listen to some music. I must've listened to the songs "Nerdy", "Torn" and "Grain of Salt" a billion times in that 8 month span.

Fucking rights I love Poison the Well. Amazing band, I loved throwing their CD in the deck and just rolling through town with it blaring.

Here I got a couple more bands for you. How about Walls of Jericho, and Hopesfall? Now Hopesfall, their old shit incorporated a lot of screaming and harder riffs in their music, while as their final two CD's before breaking up :( were more melodic, and had way more singing involved. Honestly I thought Hopesfall had found the perfect balance on their last two CD's, A Types especially. As fars as Walls of Jericho goes, well they rocked fucking hard, and my friend Tyler got me into listening to them. We used to just blast them through his stereo at his place while we drank a shit ton of vodka and smoked a shit ton of weed. Good times, good times.

Anyone who even remotely thinks that Fall Out Boy is screamo is out of their fucking minds. I can't think of a single Fall Out Boy song that I've heard that has any screaming whatsoever. Do they ever scream?

Sadly, yes. I think they do scream. I say this, because I have yet to hear any singing on any of their tracks. I'm not saying the screaming is good, I'm saying Fatrick Lump fucking sucks.

Also, major props for being in the middle of the NE metal/screamo scene. When I saw Five Finger Death Punch a few months back, it was in Philly, and they said that without New England and Mid-Atlantic keeping metal alive, we'd be listening to nothing but Britney and American Idol cast-offs today. They gave shout outs to bands like KSE, ATR, Godsmack, and all the other bands that started in the area.

headbang2.gif

Fucking rights I love Poison the Well. Amazing band, I loved throwing their CD in the deck and just rolling through town with it blaring.

Here I got a couple more bands for you. How about Walls of Jericho, and Hopesfall? Now Hopesfall, their old shit incorporated a lot of screaming and harder riffs in their music, while as their final two CD's before breaking up :( were more melodic, and had way more singing involved. Honestly I thought Hopesfall had found the perfect balance on their last two CD's, A Types especially. As fars as Walls of Jericho goes, well they rocked fucking hard, and my friend Tyler got me into listening to them. We used to just blast them through his stereo at his place while we drank a shit ton of vodka and smoked a shit ton of weed. Good times, good times.

I've been pimping this band since I signed up on here. Candace is fucking murder on stage, and the band is just all around awesome. I've seen them 5 times now, and they keep getting better. I met them at MayhemFest last year, and they were just amazing to talk to. I love everything from their first album, all the way to everything on their last album, as well as the Redemption EP. Did you see the YT vid of House Of The Rising Sun that I posted? I'm about to go rock on with American Dream...

Well, I feel dissed. It is like we have a WZ soccer team, and forget to invite David Beckham, the bar room poster to join.

This has been my genre of choice for a long time. I have been criticized while listening to the genre by the weak eared who call it rubbish, or worse, heavy metal. How dare they you ask? How dare they.

One band tops the TM scale as the greatest band in this so called Hardcore HXR genre of music. Straight out of Canada, the band you shall know as PtH, Protest The Hero, the Academia of Mathcore. If one hasn't listened to Protest The Hero, I hope you die. And by die, I don't mean die a death after a long life. I mean I hope you are lined up against a wall, and systematically executed by a firing squad. And on that note, here is the first song I will give you from them. It is a song called Blindfolds Aside

[youtube]LAutUObokCM[/youtube]

This song is off of their album Kezia. It would be their first major success. The album, ten songs long tells the story of a woman whose name is Kezia. Kezia is sentenced to death, and the story is the interaction between her, the priest, giving her her last rights, and the executioner. each character is given three songs as their dialogue. The final song, "A Plateful of Our Dead", is the final chapter of the story.

Protest The Hero was the second band I saw live in my life. They have incredible stage presence about them. Rody Walker makes the crowd the prop in the story as he laces of the adventure of the band's works.

Now this is my favourite of their two albums. But their second album, would give them more fame. Fortress, released last year became quite successful, especially their first song off of the album. To describe Mathcore, you must remember it is music that is truly, A Calculated Use of Sound, the name of their 2003 EP, which featured a more rebellios music, a sound the band has gotten away from.

Red Stars over the Battle of Cowshed
[youtube]Zku6NLiOsSY[/youtube]

Now this song was written when the band were freshmen in high school. The themes of the music are incredibly deep for their age, making them a great listen when one needs music with heart and passion.

But 6 years later, with the release of Fortress, the band made obvious shifts to the hardcore tracks of new. The first single off of the album is proof of this.

Bloodmeat
[youtube]l5I4qP0u8lQ[/youtube]

the song reeks of elements of hardcore fused with mathcore. look at the finger picking, the melodies, the timber of the song. It is a true work of art. People have questioned whether the band was selling out. I disagree, I remarked that the band has created art with sound. Like Kezia, Fortress is meant to be played through. Instead of a Requiem, it is instead split into three powerful movements.

The last song I will put up and insist that you listen to it their second single off of the album. Bloodmeat started the first movement, and this one starts the second. After you read this, I hope you go out and listen to both of their albums, and check out the EP's to get the full story. So here you go.

Sequoia Throne
[youtube]ypCdGNe3Bvs[/youtube]

TM - I'm not about to check out all the videos at 420a, but I will when I'm a bit more awake, and have a better internet connection. I've heard some PTH stuff, but not enough to form my own opinion. I believe they're playing Warped Tour, but I'm not positive.

I'll be signing off shortly, but I'd like to get the mass's opinions on red Jumpsuit Apparatus. To anyone who thinks Face Down is their only good song, kiss my ass. And, also...There's a much better (original) version out there, that is much more screamo.

[youtube]cE-PvEX9lOM[/youtube]​

Ronnie is a pretty good singer, and his screaming ability surprised me a little. I heard this version after the one they used for radio/video, but I had heard some other stuff from before that, more along these lines. I think they're a pretty good band, and would like to see them live, if given the opportunity.

Sometimes I sit and just need that one band who will always be there for me. I have seen them play multiple times, and I try as often as I can to go to their shows. If you have never heard of From Autumn To Ashes, get out there now, and buy their album. Unfortunately, the band, after losing their lead singer, and then breaking up have left the music world for now. When listening to the band, you will view at least two different sounds. The Benjamin Perri era of the band is led by rough vocals while the Francis Mark era is a more "emo" if you like, sound.

The band got their first big break on the soundtrack to Freddie vs Jason with the song The After Dinner Payback

[youtube]UZE0wIZO4Q[/youtube]

Perri is the lead singer here, and you can feel the rough sound he delivers. but you will notice about a minute or so in, a vocal battle occurs. This is the sound of Mark that would lead the band later in their life. But at this point, the TM Highpoint, they have one of the best 1-2 punches in Hardcore music (barring probably the next band I will review, Alexisonfire).

Before their fame, they produced a great album entitled Too Bad You're Beautiful. Little recognition was made from this album, until one song off of the album was redone acoustically, and placed on Punk Goes Acoustic.

Chloroform Perfume
[youtube]yWjSUbiHplA[/youtube]

The third album by them would be their last with both sings. Abandon Your Friends, almost a shot at Perri's leaving, as he would have very limited work on this album. This song might not completely show it, but Mark was replacing Perri. If you listen close, despite the heavy use of Perri in this song, Mark actually dominates the song.

[youtube]trL5zZhBt7E[/youtube]

Finally, the band would finish with their fourth album, which, to their credit, reached high on the charts. It received some plays on mainstream music video channels. Despite being on an EP earlier, the song Deth Cult Social Club was rereleased on their last album, Holding A Wolf By The Ears.

[youtube]TNDJey8mIA0[/youtube]

As you can see, Mark has become the lead singer, and no longer backups and drummer, being replaced on this album by Brian Deneeve. The album was good, but not as good as previous work in my book with Mark and Perri playing off of each other.

Ending, here is my favourite song by them, off of The Fiction We Live

[youtube]CVI9-whWAeM[/youtube]

From Autumn to Ashes is awful tbh, I don't know what it is but they annoy me, but tbh I haven't checked out the stuff they've done since their singer left and the guitarist or whoever started singing.

Favourite metalcore band is probably Poison the Well - Opposite of December takes the biscuit in terms of classic, straightforward metalcore - awesome album, although my personal favourite is You Come Before You - more subtlety, progression and overall just more quality IMO - although their new album is growing on me and may actually overtake it.

Anyone here like Converge? I like Jane Doe, and struggling with what to listen to next. Friends assure me You Fail Me is more progressive/interesting, so I'll probably try and pick that up at some point, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

My favourite genre though, is probably post-hardcore. I'll throw some stuff out there seeing as this is probably the best place - Anyone else dig At the Drive-In, Sparta, Fugazi, Drive Like Jehu, Quicksand etc.? Got any recommendations of anything good? Thrice is awesome as well, especially their last three albums. MewithoutYou is awesome too - a different take on post-hardcore, Christian lyrics, chanting-like vocals, but it's seriously awesome - check out any of their first three albums (newest album deviates from the style I described a fair bit). Also, check out Million Dead - was an awesome British post-hardcore band, definetly for fans of bands liek At The Drive-In. Finally, fans of any incarnation of hardcore should check out Refused - Shape of Punk To Come, quite simply awesome.

Also, I never really got into Black Flag apart from random songs, anyone want to suggest a good starting point? I like stuff like Bad Brains, Dead Kennedy s and to a lesser extent Minor Threat so I'm pretty sure I'll dig Black Flag once I give them a listen...

Sometimes I sit and just need that one band who will always be there for me. I have seen them play multiple times, and I try as often as I can to go to their shows. If you have never heard of From Autumn To Ashes, get out there now, and buy their album. Unfortunately, the band, after losing their lead singer, and then breaking up have left the music world for now. When listening to the band, you will view at least two different sounds. The Benjamin Perri era of the band is led by rough vocals while the Francis Mark era is a more "emo" if you like, sound.

Before their fame, they produced a great album entitled Too Bad You're Beautiful. Little recognition was made from this album, until one song off of the album was redone acoustically, and placed on Punk Goes Acoustic

I was actually going to mention From Autumn to Ashes in my original post but it slipped my mind. FATA was the very, very first metalcore band I ever got into. I remember hearing the song "Capeside Rock" on one of the Warped Tour CDs (you know the ones that cost 5 dollars) when I was like fourteen or something and just being blown away by how hardcore, yet accessable it was.

Capeside Rock was also on Too Bad You're Beautiful, and I bought the album almost instantly. Great, great album from an underrated band. Glad you brought them up TM.

From Autumn to Ashes is awful tbh, I don't know what it is but they annoy me, but tbh I haven't checked out the stuff they've done since their singer left and the guitarist or whoever started singing.

Too Bad You're Beautiful is a good album. Haven't heard any of their recent stuff.

Favourite metalcore band is probably Poison the Well - Opposite of December takes the biscuit in terms of classic, straightforward metalcore - awesome album, although my personal favourite is You Come Before You - more subtlety, progression and overall just more quality IMO - although their new album is growing on me and may actually overtake it.

Good man, PTW is my second favorite metalcore band behind Fear Before the March of Flames. I've already expressed my love of them in my first post in this thread and how much they meant to me at a difficult point in my life.

Anyone ever seen them live? I want to see them live so damn badly.

My favourite genre though, is probably post-hardcore. I'll throw some stuff out there seeing as this is probably the best place - Anyone else dig At the Drive-In, Sparta, Fugazi, Drive Like Jehu, Quicksand etc.?

Ahh you give me more and more reasons to love you with every post Raw Power. I've been pimping out post-hardcore bands like Fugazi and Drive Like Jehu on here for awhile now. Fugazi is one of my all time favorite bands, Ian Mackaye can pretty much do NOTHING wrong if you ask me, every one of his bands have been fucking amazing.

Drive Like Jehu and Quicksand are fucking amazing as well. Yank Crime is one of the best post-hardcore albums EVER.

If you like bands like Drive Like Jehu, I HIGHLY recommend you go and check out a band by the name of Unwound, top notch stuff.

At the Drive In (and Sparta to a lesser extent) is another amazing band who's featured prominentaly on my iPod and always has been. Too many amazing songs to name, though like most peope the one song that initially got me into them was "One Armed Scissor". Just the manic burst of cathartic anger in that song is still amazing.

Refused

Also, I never really got into Black Flag apart from random songs, anyone want to suggest a good starting point? I like stuff like Bad Brains, Dead Kennedy s and to a lesser extent Minor Threat so I'm pretty sure I'll dig Black Flag once I give them a listen...

You've come to the right place. Black Flag is another one of my all time favorite bands (as are actually every band you just listed). The best place to start if you're into a more raw hardcore sound would be their early stuff, before Henry Rollins became lead singer. Specifically I'd suggest you seek out a song by the name of "Nervous Breakdown", which is one of the greatest hardcore songs ever.

Damaged though is their absolute best album, and their first with Rollins. Outside of Minor Threat's Complete Discography, it's the best hardcore album ever made for my money.

In a little bit I'm going to suggest you and everyone else a band Raw Power, one that you will all immediately love if you haven't already heard of them.

I want to let everybody know about the band Refused, probably my all time favorite post-hardcore band besides Fugazi, and IMO the most revolutionary punk band of the last 15+ years. They melded post-hardcore, metal, screamo, metalcore, art-punk and traditional hardcore into a crazy blend of winding guitars and deeply political lyrics/beliefs.

The band began in Umeå, Sweden, which has been known to have one of the best hardcore scenes of the last 20 years, and one of the most active. I've been there and seen some of the amazing bands that play there, and let me just tell you that I desperately wish American punk scenes were still as rabid and devoted as the one I encountered there. Germany, Stuttgart in particular, has another amazing scene that I spent a few monthes traveling about.

I cannot recommend this band enough to anyone with even a passing interest in punk, screamo, metalcore, and hardcore. Dennis Lyxsen, the lead singer, is a fucking genius. After Refused broke up, he started a band called the International Noise Conspiracy, which is another amazing band with a more traditional punk sound, that you may have heard of.

Anyways, GO FUCKING DOWNLOAD/BUY ALL OF THEIR ALBUMS RIGHT NOW. Specifically the album "The Shape of Punk to Come", which is one of the greatest punk albums EVER. Seriously, I'd put it in the top ten punk albums ever. Here are a few of their amazing songs.

The first song is my favorite Refused song, but unfortunately I could only find the following version of the original song, which is just the song playing in the backround while some random dude plays the drums to it. The guy is good though. Just listen to the music in the backround, one of my favorite songs ever.

[youtube]tg3oE9iPGis[/youtube]
[youtube]RDcx5nKGZDc[/youtube]
[youtube]jaEn0gZOMRs[/youtube]
[youtube]2rk6LHyUgik[/youtube]​

Seriously, stop reading this post right now, and go listen to them. They blow my fucking mind to pieces every time I listen to them.

As I said before, this band is legit awesome for fans of any kind of punk/hardcore. Shape of Punk to Come is awesome, creative yet still crushing and heavy. Very intelligent band. Good work.

ALEXISONFIRE

images

Canada's greatest contribution to Hardcore music.

For a while in Canada, you really had one Canadian band to look to for our punk contribution. Sum 41. Not the coolest fellows to be representing the nation. but a group of the ugliest mother fuckers to ever walk the far north emerged. Alexisonfire, named after a stripper who lactates, which is bad assed, emerged as a force in music. I mentioned From Autumn To Ashes 1-2 punch combo at vocals, but really, I call Alexisonfire the best at this in all of Hardcore music. Dallas Green (who would also emerge as a solo artist in the band City and Colour) and George Pettit would vocally battle throughout their albums they have so far produced. Dallas Green has the lighter vocals while George Pettit battles it with his rough, harsh screams. Off their self entitles album, here is Water Wings

[youtube]IFpKiB6_1fE[/youtube]

A couple years later, and a couple more age of growth for the extremely young band would cause them to produce an incredible album in Watch Out!. The album's growth is paralleled with Dallas Green's growth as an artist. This is their song that really shows this, the song Accidents.

[youtube]2tcwHEZrdRs[/youtube]

The band would then go on a couple years later, riding on that wave of success to make a great follow up album, an album that showed that both singers were able to ride that success together. Crisis is the height of Pettit and Green. Their first song that recieved a lot of air play is This Could Be Anywhere In The World, a song that truly shows their maturity as a band.

[youtube]23Ivt-ikYIk[/youtube]

I must say, having met the members of the band, having seen them play, and knowing about them, growing up in similar life that I grew up in, loving the same music that I loved, I have felt a strong connection with the band. The have recently released their fouth album this year, entitled Old Crows/Young Cardinals, who I will try to get up a review of their work soon. I'll leave you with one of my favourite songs from the band, off of Crisis.

Rough Hands
[youtube]92B4K8zbE3U[/youtube]

Refused is by far one of the best bands to have ever hit the genre of Hardcore music. They were one of the first bands of the genre I fell in love with, thanks to my friend Curtis. The Shape of Punk to Come truly predicted the landscape that they made. But the album was so good, of course they could predict it. It is like building a road, then predicting people will drive by it. All hardcore bands popping up now know about Refused hard work in the genre and are truly thankful for what the did, and all fans of hardcore look to

Although I think Alexisonfire are pretty average, gotta say when they're good, they're really good. Love George Pettit's screaming, sounds like some kind of animal or something, and Dallas singing works well too. I love their song "Pulmonary Archery" as well as the ones you posted.

I'm gonna do some kind of profile thingy for a band as well now, as I'm pretty bored, watch this thread.

ALEXISONFIRE

images

Canada's greatest contribution to Hardcore music.

Woah...woah...WOAAAAAAHHHHH. I like Alexisonfire as much as the next guy, but they are NOT the greatest Canadian hardcore band, not even close. Subhumans have and will always hold that title in my book, with DOA coming in a very close second. DOA virtually invented the Canadian hardcore scene though. They're more traditional hardcore/anarcho-punk bands though, not metalcore like AOF.

Well what I was getting at, I would firstly credit DOA with bring the genre to the west coast of Canada (Where I am from), but I meant the post-hardcore scene in Canada. DOA was here 20 years or so ago, Alexisonfire brought it back this millennium. And the band that they used to parallel themselves, S-humans, were the same way. Both from the original wave of Hardcore. Again, credit to them, but Alexisonfire since the year 2000 have led it for Canada.

Any of you guys heard The (International) Noise Conspiracy, the singer of Refused's band he made after they broke up or whatever? Always been interested to know what they were like, but never really bothered to find out myself.

Any of you guys heard The (International) Noise Conspiracy, the singer of Refused's band he made after they broke up or whatever? Always been interested to know what they were like, but never really bothered to find out myself.

I mentioned them briefly in my post about Refused, they are in fact an amazing band, though they are quite a bit different from Refused. They're more in line with traditional punk. Lyxsen breaks out the screaming every once in a while still, but it's more toned down. Amazing band though, here's a great song to get you started. The video is one of my favorite music videos in recent years.

[youtube]FyjmCg_VMU0[/youtube]​

Sounds pretty good, liking the bass, kind of like a more menacing Hives or something. Gotta say I prefer his screaming voice though, although it's still a decent song.

I'm not going to sit here and claim to be a fan of the genre, because I'm not in the least bit. However, months ago I came across this screamo song called Tigersuit by an Italian band called Raein that I absolutely loved. I don't know why, but I haven't gone out of my way to check any of their stuff out, but if anyone else is a fan and has some recommendations... I'll be more than glad to hear it.

Anyway, here's the song I was talking about:

[youtube]mgWKwkunV0M[/youtube]

The International Noise Conspiracy failed to attract me to their music. Sometimes I'll be listening to my iPod and they will come on, but I don't search their music out like I would with Refused. Refused came at you with that incredible sound. (I)NC did have one song that I would enjoy more than others. Capitalism Stole My Virginity is a catchy tune.

[youtube]mUU1Qb0nZbU[/youtube]

TM...Great pick with Alexisonfire. I've said it a million times, but I really can't wait for the show next week. They are a band I'm waiting to see, as well as a few that XFear pointed out.

Somewhere X had mentioned being an Atreyu fan...What's your favorite song from them? I'm always going to be a fan of My Fork In The Road Your Knife In My Back, but Someone's Standing On My Chest and You Eclipsed By Me are both a close second. They're songs I can connect to personally, but they also have some great music. They blend Brendan's and Alex's vocals really well too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back