X Division

gers09

follower the Wyatt family
it there is a thread please move this one

now I am not a big tna fan i watch it now and again and sometimes I am entertained by it but to my point. I am watching tna greatest matches and i just saw an ultimate x match with kaz, gen me and robbie e now the thing that got me in watching tna was the x Division there is nothing that matches it any where. is it just me or shouldn't tna be using it more instead of trying to compete with wwe the way they are they wont beat wwe for the simple reason wwe is bigger more money and has better creative yes it not as good as it once was but it too big for tna to take over fact but should be offering something different and the x Division should be it i think they would gain a better following if they did instead of using ex wwe wcw stars

OK, first of all, punctuation is your friend. My god, man. That was painful to read.

Second, using the X Division more is a great statement to make, provided the X Division had guys worth showing more. But the reality of the situation is that the XD was only ever a "draw" for internet fans and was never (and likely will never) be a mainstay ratings grab.

Right now, as we speak, TNA's XD has one man worth his weight in gold (and them some), and that's Austin Aries, so unless you are looking to inject a lot more talent and a lot more PERSONALITY into it, pushing it is always going to be a fruitless endeavor. No one cares about Jesse Sorensen. No one cares about Anthony Nese. No one cares about anyone other than Aries, and there's a reason for it.

I think anyone that likes TNA, or wants to see it succeed would agree that there needs to be more focus and development in the X Division, but this is a comment and a concern that has been on going for years now.

Simply put, the 'no limits' style of the X Division no longer exists, it now has a weight limit, and is populated largely by still very green talent. That's why someone the likes of Austin Aries was the perfect person to become the face of the division, because he is so polished, and has such a complete package to offer. With that though, is the realization that there simply isn't anyone left for him to work with. The current brain trust behind the scenes doesn't seem to see a large upside in the X Division, it almost seems like it's a 1980's WWE mindset, where the littler guys simply aren't considered marketable.

The X Division can't be pushed, until it's replenished. Just looking at the roster page on TNA's website, and you find a division that can basically be counted on one hand. If they want to really make the division feel important again, and really want to bring it back to the forefront of the promotion, it's time to get AJ Styles, Kaz, Daniels, Samoa Joe all back in to the mix. Since TNA doesn't seem to be looking to bring in new talent at this point in time, the best thing they can do is use the talent that got the X Division over in the first place. Austin Aries, as It's Damn Real! stated, is worth his weight in gold, and could help create some money matches with the likes of Joe and Styles.

However, sadly, in the current state it is in, the X Division has less depth than the Knockouts Division, and will continue to spin in place until that changes. Trying to dress it up as anything else will simply damage it even more in the long run.

Using the X Division would be good in order to compete with the WWE because that's what got me into TNA. BUT like someone stated earlier; their talent. The X Division talent has gone down....wWWWWWWWAAAAYYYYYYYY DDDDDDDOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNNN. If they can get not just more but better talent and boost the X Division then I think they will drawn in more people.

It's a shame that at a time where they have one of the most entertaining champions they've ever had in Aries, the division is at the weakest point it's ever been in.

Seriously, there isn't one legitimate threat right now for Austin Aries, and there hasn't been for awhile, Austin Aries is miles ahead the entire division, and TNA needs to do something quick.

It's time for AJ to step in and attempt to put an end to A Double's reign. While I'd love AJ to be amongst the World Title picture, and he deserves it no doubt, but it's a bit clouded at the moment and it doesn't need him. Hell give these two a best of 5 series ala the BMI/MCMG series, and don't give it all away on free TV, draw this shit out, this feud could carry the X Division for a long while if they dragged it out, and in the meantime develop the rest of the Division more. Throw them in a bunch of different stipulation matches, give them a ladder match etc, would be amazing. Easy enough to write as well, AJ, the guy who has given it all for TNA, is sick of Aries cheating and scamming while wearing the title of the division that AJ helped make a name for.

I like Shelley, but he needs to go save the Tag Division once Sabin is back. I like Ion, but ideally he's just a depth guy for the division atm. The others I couldn't care less about, Sorensen, that English guy with the long blonde hair whatever his name is, meh. Move Kaz back there, Daniels as well maybe. Plenty of other guys out there worth taking a look at too, Low Ki (please please please), Evans, Chavo, Shelton (doubt it but would love it), you could really make a pretty exhaustive list.

Putting more focus into the X Division sounds like a good idea and probably would be a good idea in practice as well if its current wrinkles were ironed out. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

As others have aluded to, Austin Aries is responsible for any and all relevance currently associated with the X Division. Without him, the X Division is nothing. The rest of the wrestlers currently making up the X Division are guys who are either completely generic, one dimensional spot monkeys, uncharismatic drones or some combination of any or all of the above. Aside from Aries, there's nobody in the X Division worth noticing or caring about. And Aries himself isn't a permanent solution for the woes of the X Division. For me, it's already gotten old watching him beat the same handful of guys week in and week out for the past 6 months and I'm sure many others are either feeling the same way, on the verge of it or are going to be thinking it. Aries has no competition and TNA doesn't seem to be in a rush at the moment to give him any. They can't keep Aries in the X Division forever, at least not if they're smart, so it's going to be in a sorry state when Aries moves onto other things.

As far as TNA using the X Division to compete with WWE in terms of drawing ability, it's an internet pipe dream. The X Division did ultimately put TNA on the map but it's never going to be a huge draw except among internet fans. Even then, not every match or feud is going to be some kind of epic happening.

As much as I would love to have more emphasis placed on Kid Kash's trailer park trash rants or Zema Ion's can of hairspray, I have to ask... Where's that airtime gonna come from? Should we cut the weekly Knockouts match? The AJ/Kaz/Daniels soap opera? Mr. Joseph Park looking around for his brother? You can't. If there's great talent in the division, well great. But even if there was enough stand out talent where's the airtime gonna come from? There's a locker room full of guys that wanna showcase themselves, but 2 hours can only fit so much.

Again Impact's time restraints hurt the product. If they had an extra hour they could put more emphasis on something like the X-Divison. Then again the X-Division is made up of about four guys so you can't really emphasis that. This is why I'm disappointed they don't have more guys, I mean Brian Kendrick and Shannon Moore could have helped fill it out a bit even if it was only for a while.

Bottom line is they need more X-Division wrestlers before they can put focus on it and even then they should get ones who aren't interchangable with each other.

No doubt about it Austin Aries is the absolute best in that division and it is rightly so that he has held the belt for as long as he did, the X-Div has declined in the past years , Zema looks promising so does Jessie, but as people have already mentioned time is money and the x-div guys need time on tv to build them self's up.

The way I see it, the X-division has declined since they added in weight limits.

Hell, when was the last time you remember an ultimate x, or even better, an elevation x match?

At first, I thought it would be a good idea to have a "cruiserweight" division, which is essentially what the x-division is now, but TNA just doesn't have the roster for that, and it's ruining the x-division. I'd love to see AJ or Joe or ever Mr Anderson get in there and start having feuds for the x-division title on their way (back) to the heavyweight title. Would certainly make things more interesting, and those are the kinds of personalities Aries would play better with. Meanwhile the green guys can work towards the t.v. title and earn their stripes a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back