Stars of X-Division...

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
I was revisiting the X-Division matches and feuds of the past. The first time I watched TNA, I was most impressed by the X-Division. The Cruiserweight Division of WWE didn't exist at that time. Even when it was, I could care less about the Hornswoggle, Chavo etc.

So what came in my mind is that there are no more "stars" in X-Division. I've been pretty vocal about X-Division getting more exposure and the matches getting more time as we all agree that 4-5 minute matches every week don't do any good to the division. But another important thing is that X-Division is full of random thrown guys. Trevor Lee is the best X-Division has. He's good in the ring but ain't a star, at least until now.

Back then, TNA X-Division boasted of stars like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries etc. Also, significant names like Amazing Red, Kazarian, Christopher Daniels, Suicide, Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin. Now, there ain't any stars. Significant names are there like Lee, DJZ.

This thread isn't knocking for IMPACT Wrestling. That Old is always good or something. It's more of a query about why there are no stars in X-Division. Stars that were credible even if they got to main event. I think that X-Division will remain filler until and unless some stars (new or old) join it.

The likes of Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Will Ospreay or even Ricochet could seriously increase the credibility of X-Division. But they would also require some good build. I still commend TNA for building a star like Ethan Carter III out of a jobber in WWE. Drew Galloway was built rightly as well.

IMPACT Wrestling should seriously focus on X-Division because I think that it was one of the reasons TNA reached the ultimate heights.

KB and I touched on this for a while during the LD this past week. To me, it's simple. It's not necessarily that they lack stars, but that they lack the kind of performers who can graduate beyond the X Divison, and/or that they have failed to cultivate that growth in their consistent performers over the last number of years.

When you think back to the XD of old, you generally associate it with guys like Styles, Joe, Aries, and others. The common denominator (of greatness) between them? They all graduated beyond it to become world title competitors and main event players. Because the XD gave them a springboard to showcase their unique personalities and styles, and because IMPACT got behind them.

That's what's missing. That's what has been missing for years. Bennett arguably should have been that guy.

The other problem is NXT exist now. Back when the x-division started, they didn't have competition from wwe as far as signing indy talents because wwe wasn't interested in thoses indy wrestlers, so it was easier for tna to sign guys, like aj styles, chris daniels, low ki, austin aries & chris sabin just to name a few.

Now it's a different games, as soon as a big indy name is available to sign with either wwe or tna, 9 times out of 10, they go and signs with wwe which takes so many guys that could fit in the x-division out of contention, so they get stuck with watch left.

The other problem is that they actually have one guy, that could be a star in the x-division and outside of it and they are using him as a ring announcer. Rockstar spud is a really good wrestler and as great mic skill. I saw him wrestle kurt angle a couple of years back for the world title and he look credible as a main guy. So I don't get why they are wasting him as a ring announcer.

I kinda feel bad for them because they have direct competition now and they will always lose in a biding war against wwe and it show, not just in the x-division but pretty much any division in tna.

The NXT factor is very real. I agree. In years past, they'd have been at it hot and heavy for guys like Devitt, Steen, Rollins, and others. They probably still are, but simply don't stand a chance unless there's a neutralizing factor (like the Bella twins, who effectively won them Bennett and Maria for a year).

I agree with you, IDR.

There's no one in X-Division who could jump to the main event scene while being credible unlike in the past.

I also agree with wrestlingmaster55. NXT is indeed a good competition. But you can still get some awesome wrestlers like Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly etc. IMPACT Wrestling should get them as soon as possible. To my knowledge, Kyle is a free agent as of now. Also, Adam Cole's contract with ROH ends in this month itself.

Adam Cole could be a great addition to X-Division and then to the main event scene.

yeah i agree with you, they would really be great addition to the x-division, the problem is and wll always be, if they are free agents, then they're a pretty good chance that WWE will try to sign them and right now, the way Impact works as far as indy bookings are concerns, they are better off going to NXT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back