X-Division Championship No More???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont know what to think about this.

On one hand, TNA isnt using the X division talent they have, so the title looks worse and worse each and every day.
But on the other hand, The X Division title is what brought TNA to fame in the first place, and they would be smart to keep it around, but start using the way they did back in 2005.

NWA/TNA would be making one of the worst moves ever if they were to drop the X Division Title. That title is what makes TNA great. The beauty of the title is that there is no weight restrictions and it is basically a title for "wrestlers" not entertainers. Now don't get me wrong, wrestling companies need to have their entertaining wrestlers as well. However the low ratings of WW*cough*F*cough* has proven that dropping wrestling for storylines kills ratings. TNA is pushing for the two hour show and dropping the caliber of wrestling that the X division offers would be a huge mistake. In light of a possible 2 hour show they need to create a Television Championship and keep the X Division Title. That way with those two titles, the Tag Team Titles and The NWA World Title they could easily fill a two hour spot. The recent signings of such "stars" as Andrew Martin and Matt Morgan show that they are going in a WW*cough*F*cough* direction which is sure to kill the quality of programming that NWA/TNA has offered in the past and will destroy the company if they don't fix it soon!!!!

NWA/TNA? WWF? What year are you in? TNA fully seperated from the NWA months ago, and haven't publicly used the name NWA:TNA in years. And it's been the WWE for while. See my sig for how I agree with you on this topic though. It's stupid for TNA to dump the one thing they just about do better than WWE (I think Hornswoggle gets more screen time than the entire X Division), especially when everything they're doing makes the Great Khali look remotely watchable.

I was never pleased they pushed the x-division title ahead of the world title; they need to make the world title better and put some good talent behind it. It was a negative it was seen as the only real title, which needed to change. The thing about the x division was that it wasn't marketable, it wasn't helping their ratings and their ratings seemed higher recently when they weren't using it then when they were. Of course I was never a fan of that style of wrestling anyway, I like more mat based technical wrestling like Bret Hart.

Is this a good idea? Not really, they have nothing to make them different from the WWE and not enough big draws to attract people. Yes as I said it seems ratings were higher recently when they pushed it down, but that is temporary as that was curious fans looking for something new, now TNA may fade away. WCW learned that when they tried to copy the WWF and failed, they needed something to make them different and that was the Cruiserweights, and by the time they figured that out it was too late. Now TNA seems to be making the same mistake, trying to copy the WWE instead of being unique...It will fail as well and TNA may not make it another 2 years at this pace.

NWA/TNA? WWF? What year are you in? TNA fully seperated from the NWA months ago, and haven't publicly used the name NWA:TNA in years. And it's been the WWE for while. See my sig for how I agree with you on this topic though. It's stupid for TNA to dump the one thing they just about do better than WWE (I think Hornswoggle gets more screen time than the entire X Division), especially when everything they're doing makes the Great Khali look remotely watchable.

My apologies on the NWA reference, I completly forgot that :( The WWF reference was due to the fact that I just can't accept calling it WWE..... it just sounds stupid. Although the product does not represent what the WWF was I just can't bring myself to call it WWE lol.

I haven't read every post on here.. but I have one quick question, that is NOT topic related. That would be.. why are a good 80% of the people who've replied to this thread now being listed as "banned?" I would like to know, that way I don't end up on that list.

Now then -- Topic related..

Regarding the possible demise of the X-Division Championship, I think it would be bad for the company as a whole to do this. They only have 3 championships as is, one is their Tag Team Championships & the other is their World Heavyweight Championship. If they got rid of the in-between Championship countless mid-carders would no longer have anything to fight for.

I highly doubt wrestlers like Chris Saban, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, & 90% of the rest of the X-Division would be World Championship material, especially with the addition of the likes of Chrisitian Cage, Tomko, Scott Steiner, Kurt Angle, Sting.. & now Test & Matt Morgan.

So, if the X-Division is thinking of deleting its mid-card Championship, it might as well inform 80% of its original roster that they've been subjected to becoming "jobbers" to the rejects that W.W.E. no longer wanted.

I'm NOT.. I repeat, NOT bad mouthing T.N.A. because I love watching them. Their storylines suck, but their wrestling is top notch. T.N.A. reminds me of the original E.C.W. without the violence. (I miss E.C.W., too)

I also would like to compare T.N.A.'s X-Division Championship to that of E.C.W.'s T.V. Championship.. because like E.C.W. in the day, T.N.A. has ran Main Events on their ppvs with the X-Division Championship being the high-light. It reminds me of when people would argue R.V.D. w/ the T.V. Championship rivaled that of Mike Awesome w/ the World Championship. Likewise, I'd say A.J. Styles w/ the X-Division Championship (when he had it) would rival that of Jeff Jarrett w/ the World Championship. (when he had it) I hope all this is understood.

If this is true, if they drop it or unify the X-Division title, it's going to be a horrible horrible mistake. If TNA wants to rival WWE it can't take away its most talented wrestlers. WWE will just laugh at them and say we used to have them, and we got rid of them for a reason. TNA will always be known as the company that threw their guys out the window for WWE rejects. X-Division is what MADE TNA. Look at Ultimate X. The heavyweights have their share of good things, no doubt, but the original TNA, a lot of them are the X-Division. So if they get rid of it, they're essentially getting rid of the wrestlers too. They might as well rename the TNA World Title to the TNA WWE Title, since the only thing they seem interested in is bringing WWE guys in.

But what about the rumour that TNA was considering adding a secondary title and a women's title? If they unify the X-Division Title with the World Title and then create a new championship (Don't know what yet but new) and add a Ladies wouldn't that somewhat comepensate for the loss of the X-Division title. They could still do ultimate X as a gimmick match. TNA could also add a Junior Heavyweight, Light Heavyweight Title etc......for those guys to replace the X Title. We don't know yet all we know is that TNA is rumoured to be considering unifying the X Title with the World and they are rumoured to be adding a secondary title and a women's division.

This would be a bad move by TNA. Most of my friends and I just watch for the X-Division and a few heavyweights. I dont know whose idea it is but its a terrible one. TNA would lose a ot of money because not as many people would watch pay per views, or go to shows. If they do this I doubt I will watch TNA anymore.

It is of my opinion that TNA will never drop the major division that created them and brought in so many fans to TNA.Just take Hard Justice for example,the best match on the card was XXX v Motor City Machine Guns v Lethal/Dutt,that was a quality match and i'd say the Bigwigs at TNA saw that and said this some real quality stuff from some real quality wrestlers who will flounder in the heavyweight division so I think the X-Division is staying around.

can't this thread be deleted? its already been confirmed that they are not dropping the x-division

Why? This thread was to talk about weather or not the X-Divison title would be dumped. It hasn't. And yet you decided to bump it up. Nobody else had posted in it in a few days. Infraction for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back