• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZ Posters of the Month-August 2009-Winners

Ok Harthan, it's not as if I just dictated the nominations, look around before you start accusing me of that. GD, ST, and M_F were all more than worthy. They had great work this month. And I was cleared to do this, and I didn't label it as official because I have no authority to do such a thing. And as for your shot at me, well... I really don't mind. I have acknowledged several times that I'm shit. I guess that would be conformation.

I won? That's cool. Thanks to everyone who voted for me, I appreciate the accolades guys!

If you want my advice if you want to do this, it is simple.

1.) Run the nominations 5 days before the last day of the month.
2.) 3 days before the end of the month, place up the poll. I would include more than three selections however. A minimum of five is best. We are allowed 15 in the polls, but 15 bitch people seems a little heavy.
3.) The last day of the month, set the polls to expire for this date. Then you can award the prize.
4.) Make sure you do not make Other and option, or you will get people voting for themselves a lot.
5.) Perhaps get a sig made. You can then give it to people who have won. I know of another place that has this.
6.) Rookie of the month seems like a good prize as well, a many rookies will vie for it.
7.) I am no sure about the popularity contest issue. It seems like it will always come up, and you are best to hope that it doesn't.

It is a great idea, and really awards people better than I think the year round ones will, as we will forget about great works that posters put in from January until May when the December awards come about.

Good Luck.

Ok Harthan, it's not as if I just dictated the nominations, look around before you start accusing me of that. GD, ST, and M_F were all more than worthy. They had great work this month. And I was cleared to do this, and I didn't label it as official because I have no authority to do such a thing. And as for your shot at me, well... I really don't mind. I have acknowledged several times that I'm shit. I guess that would be conformation.

Harthan's like that to everyone.

For real, I gladly accept criticism from Harthan. I love his work and I wish I was half the poster he is. Truly, I'd like to get an admin's opinion on this. The Yearly awards are great, but it would at least be a little bit of fun for us lowly noobs to strive for something. The yearly award contenders list is likely going to be short. A lower level award system could provide a broader group of posters a chance to get known without having to flock to The Bar Room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back