WZ End Of Year Awards: Tag Team Of The Year

What Has Been The Best Tag Team Of 2007?

• L.A.X.

• Team 3D

• Lance Cade & Trevor Murdock

• Paul London & Brian Kendrick

• A.J. Styles & Tomko

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to go with AJ Styles and Tomko. At first, nobody was very sure of them. Even when they were part of the Christian Coalition, which I think is/was much better than everybody says it is. But they grew on me. They're not an awesome tag team, but this year has been slow for tag teams even in TNA, with LAX on the way down, 3D hogging the belts and the Guns only surfacing at the end of the year. They're definitely the cream of the crop, and I challenge anyone to disagree. Unless it's someone who can spell.

I really couldn't say. The both WWE tag titles are worthless. London & Kendrick & Ceade & Murdock have all had decent matches, but the titles (Which is supposed to be what every tage team wants to get) are worthless. Same with the TNA tag titles. I like The Briscoes but all that flopping about becomes a bit repetative after a few minutes.

I'm going with the unpopular vote and picking Team 3D. The guys accomplished something no one has, or ever will accomplish this year. Sure they are getting older and out of shape, but they got a good feud out of the aging Steiner Brothers. They took LAX to the next level, even though Konnan will say, Yo Hommiez, LAX was Da Bom Alredy yo. They have the smarks of TNA pissed to all hell and back with the abduction of the "prestigious" X Division Title. They are a perfect heel tag team.

Wow I cannot believe you didn't include the MotorCity Machine Guns. That team has it all: agility, speed, charisma etc. Their mic work could be a little better, but it's nothing too bad. If TNA doesn't give them the titles by February 11 I will personally give Dutch and Jeff a Motor City slap to the face.

With the options from the poll I would say LAX. This is a combination of speed and power. Every time they go out there Hernandez's in-ring work looks better and better. I see big things in this team.

Where are the MCMGs?, and the Briscoes for that matter?, anyway I went with Londrick, these two are just plain fun to watch, I would love to see them go to TNA or ROH at some point so they can show what they can really do, but all that aside if you take into consideration that they have to have the great matches they do have with the Banned move list limiting them and not really letting them do what they can really do, I gpot to go with Londrick, though it was a tough choice when you put them up against LAX

Cade and Murdoch. These guys are a great tag team, they just don't get enough time to be recognized with WWE not caring about their tag division anymore. Their feud with the Hardys was their highest point of the year and they pulled it off pretty well IMO.

I'm going with Team 3D on this vote.

They have had some great matches this year with LAX,MCMG and others.They are putting over the X-Division wrestlers with some terrific matches that steal the show.The tables match at Turning Point was the match of the night and they have done a great job this year.They are probably the best heels of this year,they have cut funny and great promos with alot of heart put into them.Team 3D gets my vote :D

To anyone wondering where the Guns, Briscoes, etc. are:

Most of the mods went for WWE and TNA tag teams when choosing the options, it was only RVDGurl and perhapps me (I forget) that was pulling for them. As for MCMG, they simply got here too late in the game to be a feasible option for tag team of the year.

I'm going with Londrick. From what we've seen from them they are really insane when it comes to fast paced high flying matches, which are my favorite type of match. Since coming to Raw though they have really been held back, but I think it's only a matter of time until we see them bak in the title picture since they have a lot of talent... But it is WWE and they like to deny talent...

This is disgusting that the Briscoes are not the even a choice. They are hands down the best tag team in wrestling right now. AJ & Tomko get my vote here, but only because the real best option is not available.

Cade & Murdoch have been the best team of the year, IMHO. They had a good solid feud with the Hardy's even though the WWE does not seem to put any effort into tag teams anymore. Cade & Murdoch will continue to be a good heel tag team until Cade eventually moves onto bigger and better things as he has excellent potential to be a big superstar for the WWE.

are you shitting me? The Briscoes have been dominating all year long...THEY are the tag team of the year hands down...people act like if you are not on tv then you dont exist...what, like 8 straight falls in 2/3 fall matches this year, the whole series against Steen/Generico that led up to the streetfight, than the ladder war, main eventing shows all year...

Jay & Mark Briscoe
2007 Tag Team of the Year

where are holly and rhodes. cody is a underdog and already one the belt and holly is a legend who is a future hall of famer and future wwe champ. they have one of the best feuds going against cade/murfoch.

WWE has tag teams?

They need to be a choice in the underappreciated of the year awards.

Where was the glory days of the tag team that had a name....British Bulldogs, The Killer Bees, Powers of Pain, Demolishion, Strike Force...these teams had a name...now we get single names now...Jesse and Festus, Deuce and Domino, Kendrick and London...the only team with a name is The Highlanders and they are not even used...heck the tag champions right now are two teams that shouldn't even be teams.

Miz and Morrison
Rhodes and Holly

Come on WWE, where have all the tag teams gone?

Team 3D aka Dudley Boyz will always have my vote as long as they are a team.

Sadly the two teams I think are best - L.A.X. and London & Kendrick - haven't been given enough material to really justify it. Nonetheless, I go for Londrick.

Although actually, really, Jody Fleisch & Jonny Storm.

They may as well eliminate the tag-team division in wrestling, especially WWE, cause it's completely meaningless and there are no longer any true tag teams. Jobbing out the world's greatest tag team surely didn't help things either.
TNA's tag teams are old and washed up - Dudleys, Steiners, VKM, don't have "it" anymore.

I wanted to be TNA biased ... I really did. I had 3 great tag teams to choose from. But when I was a kid I was a huge Rockers fan and seeing a fast paced tag team like London and Kendrick in WWE again gives me a nice flashback. I gotta give them my vote. I just dont understand why they were pushed so hard on Smackdown and now they're a joke on RAW. One slip up by London at an airport shouldn't cost wrestling fans the best matches the company has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back