Wrestling Observer Newsletter Year End Awards: Your Take

Darkshot77

Pre-Show Stalwart
In my random navigating of Wikipedia I discovered that the Wrestling Newsletter Awards have been released, I skimmed across the awards and found several things of note.

Chris Jericho is a recipiant of wrestler, match and feud of the year. His feud with Shawn Michales and the culminating ladder match at No Mercy, he also received Best on Interveiws.

Brock Lesnar receives the MMA Most Valuable Fighter and Best Box Office Draw awards.

Bryan Danielson for the 3rd consecutive year in a row wins the Most Outstanding Wrestler and the Best Technical Wrestler award.

The Miz takes home 2 awards for Most Improved and Best tag Team.

Koslov beats out The Great Kalhi for Most Overrated while MVP dethrones Shelton Benjamin for Most Underrated.

Matt Striker wins best announcer, while Mike Ademle wins worst.

Wrestlemania was named Best major show, and Survivor Series the worst.

Bourne takes two awards for Best High Flyer and Best Wrestling Maneuver for his SSP

The Hardy Stair well attack was named Most disgusting promotional tactic (whatever that means)

The worst match of the year belongs to HHH, Koslov, and Edge at Suvivor Series.

Rey and Kane takes the worst feud of the year.

TNA retains its title of worst Promotion and Worst Weekly Show.

Santino gains his second in a row Best gimmick award, the Worst goes to Khali for his Punjabi Playboy.

Well thats everything of major note, and for the most part, i find them somewhat acurate. I hand out props to the Miz he deserves the most improved award, Personally I would have rather seen Beer Money as tag of the year, and Koslov is not the most overrated, there has got to be someone in TNA that is more so, mabey Kevin Nash, possibly Eric Young, even Kane deserves it more than him. Well what are your thoughts.

Is Wrestling Observer the one where people pay to read that blokes opinions?

Chris Jericho is a recipiant of wrestler, match and feud of the year. His feud with Shawn Michales and the culminating ladder match at No Mercy, he also received Best on Interveiws.

It was either going to be this or Edge/Undertaker. Jericho probablywon it because he made his feud whilst Edge & Undertaker both gave to theirs equally.

He's gone from being shit to not as shit, so yeah that's an improvement. But best tag team? Maybe in WWE but they're the only ones that are really given a change. The TNA tag division is poor as well, but at least they showcase them more fequently.

Koslov beats out The Great Kalhi for Most Overrated while MVP dethrones Shelton Benjamin for Most Underrated.

Does anyone rate Kozlov highly enough for him to be overrated? I've also never seen how Shelton was underrated. It's 5 years since he looked like he could become a star.

Striker wins because he's more informative than enybody else in WWE at this time, he really should be on a bigger show.

Adamle was awesome. If he was unintentionally hilarious he was still funnier than anybody else, including Santino.

Survivor Series was the worst WWE show. But it was a great year all round on PPV. It's really only average. unlike Sacrifice which was shit from start to finish.

Bourne takes two awards for Best High Flyer and Best Wrestling Maneuver for his SSP

Probably because nobody else in WWE is allowed to do those moves, and TNA isn't nowhere near as global. Not bad for 6 weeks work.

The Hardy Stair well attack was named Most disgusting promotional tactic (whatever that means)

That was great, it's a storyline that's still ongoing. The outcome was pretty obvious, but it didn't seem to bother too many people.

It's nowhere near as tasteless as some things I've seen in wrestling.

The worst match of the year belong to HHH, Koslov, and Edge at Suvivor Series.

Great finish though.

Nothing happened. I fail to see what separates this from some nonsensical TNA feud.

Santino gains his second in a row Best gimmick award, the Worst goes to Khali for his Punjabi Playboy.

What's wrong with the Punjabi Playboy gimmick?

Yeah Jericho did most of the work in that feud but Taker/Edge could have won it too cause their feud was good as well.

Brock Lesnar receives the MMA Most Valuable Fighter and Best Box Office Draw awards.

There ain't many other MMA guys that were considered for this award in my opinion.

Bryan Danielson for the 3rd consecutive year in a row wins the Most Outstanding Wrestler and the Best Technical Wrestler award.

He is good & alot better than some of the stars that WWE & TNA pushes.

Miz has come a long long way since he debuted a few years ago. There ain't really any other teams that are an options for this award.

Kozlov sucks in my opinipn & he is overrated. Both Shelton & MVP are great in the ring but MVP gets the chance to shine more than Shelton which really ain't that bad of a thing cause I like them both.

Couldn't agree with that more.

I thought Wrestlemania 24 was a little weak as Summerslam in my opinion was a slight bit more entertaining to me.

The WWE will let him do that move but nobody else. I thought The Styles Clash was better than the SSP.

All I can say to that is I have seen much worse than that whenever I have watched wrestling.

The worst match of the year belongs to HHH, Koslov, and Edge at Suvivor Series.

Yeah but the finish was great though.

Was that feud supposed to go somewhere or was it something to make the fans take a bathroom break.

TNA retains its title of worst Promotion and Worst Weekly Show.

That's not a suprise. They need to get their shit together.

Santino's gimmick is just lame & annoying. I like the Punjabi Playboy gimmick except for Khali to kiss fat ugly ass chicks

Well thats everything of major note, and for the most part, i find them somewhat acurate. I hand out props to the Miz he deserves the most improved award, Personally I would have rather seen Beer Money as tag of the year, and Koslov is not the most overrated, there has got to be someone in TNA that is more so, mabey Kevin Nash, possibly Eric Young, even Kane deserves it more than him. Well what are your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back