WZ End Of Year Awards: Most Improved Of The Year

Who Is The Most Improved Wrestler Of 2007?

• Bobby Lashley

• Tomko

• Montel Vontavious Porter

• Robert Roode

• Umaga

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When MVP made his debut I thought WTF? This guy is trash. He was terrible. But he's been the best thing in WWE this year. The truning point was his feud with Benoit. There was outrage on this forum when that match was announced for Mania. It then turned into one of the feuds of the year. He then went on to have another Feud Of The Year candidate with Matt Hardy. Hopefully that will get wrapped up at Mania. He's been consistently great. He's also one of those wrestlers who could probably get by on the strength of his charisma.

Five great choices, and five tough choices.

People love to shit on Lashley, but watch his match with Cena and his match with Benoit. The potential of this guy is uncharted. If the WWE wrestles his style, a more mat based style that he is used to, he will grow immensely.

Umaga came out of left field for me too. Just another one dimensional character stuck in shit feuds. After the entire Trump/McMahon travesty, Umaga has shown through for me.

If I'm picking one, I'm picking MVP. MVP was the only reason to watch Smackdown this summer. Hell I would say that he made the US title more prestigous then then the WHC while Khali was champion. Between MVP and Benoit, the have brought so much worth to the US title. That belt shines while the IC title is covered with poo.

lashley needs a bit more work on his mic work. tomko has improved but i think a lot of that is down to both his japan experience, and the fact he's gettin a bit of a push in tna, while in wwe he was nothing but muscle for a mid-card christian.

IMO, umaga has lost ground on what he was cos he longer has a handler. think he was at his best when he was with estrada or vince

robert roode has come on a lot in the last yr, but i think this'll be a big year for him as he's now up in feuds wit cage, angle instead of eric young

It's a tough contest between Umaga and MVP. They've both been amazing this year, and deserve recognition. It all depends on whether you could class MVP as being good last year. Personally, I think he had a lot of potential but never had the chance to show it. Now, he is amazing. In the last months of this year, I haven't seen him have one bad match. And he knows how to work the crowd. He's definately champion material.
Umaga is one of the best wrestlers I've seen when it comes to using your size effectively. And it's not only his size, he has an amazing amount of skill. However unless he has a change of gimmick, I can't see him becoming champion material. He doesn't have the mic skills for it, and therefore I doubt he could have a proper feud. However if you just want a great wrestling match, pretty much any with Umaga in would be great.

I chose MVP, because when he first started last year, the only moves he did were cheap shots like eye pokes,and low blows, but now he has put on some GREAT matches...
btw, where's Johnny Nitro/John Morrison? He went from Heat jobber to ECW Champ this year...thats a damn good improvement

MVP takes this one easily. When he debuted he was average at best, but now I think we can all seriously say that he is one of the best wrestlers the WWE has. I did see potential in him though even before he had the feud with Benoit, and afterwards I knew he would be huge one day. His feud with Matt Hardy has only proven what I feel about him. I think 2008 will be the year he really breaks through into being a constant main event talent and I can see him being world champion by the end of 2008.

MVP, the guy has had an excellent run in the WWE so far and he only debuted a little over a year ago so that is a great achievement IMO. I cannot wait to see MVP in the Main Event scene and it could be very soon if keeps up the great work and effort that he displays today.

Yeah, MVP is a good choice. He actually impresses me more with WWE style than he ever did on the indy scene.

I would like to give runner-up to Santino Marella though. He's constantly a high point for me on RAW.

Umaga has always been good. I wouldn't say he's most improved, they're just using him more. Roode is dreadful and I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time.

When MVP first came into the WWE I thought he would just be another one of those superstars that is overrated, but as he started to wrestle more, I started to like him more. He has held the US Championship since May. If that doesn’t say something about this guy I don’t know what does. Every time i see him wrestle in a match the match turns out to be really good. He also has some very good mic skills.

MVP...

he finally got a voice that added to his character and now he is one of my favorites. The tattoo segment on wwe.com also makes me like him more. I love his enterance and love the Terrell Owens-ish character. Cocky and full of himself.

Didnt like the storyline with Matt Hardy and winning the tag titles. I also hate the outfit though but now I know he has that because it covers the gang tattoos and people dont want the wrong ideas.

MVP (The next ROCK) and Kennedy (the next AUSTIN) will be the future on each brand unless they draft them onto the same show or make them an unlikely tag team, which is the case now with that division.

I've got to go with Tomko on this one. Heading over to Japan truly helped him out as he's now got ring psychology to go along with his much improved in ring abilities. Before he seemed like a big man with absolutely no direction but now he's very focused and hungry.

Hard as it is to go against MVP, my vote goes to Umaga. I thought his matches early on this year against Cena and Lashley showed a huge spike (no pun intended) in his ability to move, and his storytelling. Sure MVP's generally better, but Umaga was terrible in 2006, whereas now I find him quite entertaining.

Yeah... MVP improved a lot.. a lot! But I think Candice has improved a lot as well. I would have voted for her.. she's not perfect no.. but you have to admit she has improved since her first year there.

This choice isnt as difficult as most claim....PUSHED doesnt equal IMPROVED...Umaga and Lashley were already awesome, and two of the only bright spots in the fed, they were just put into higher profile matches and feuds, so people took more notice. Both have always been great.

The one who has truly IMPROVED, is MVP, and its been an amazing thing to watch a future multi time champion grow before our eyes. The match with benoit at WM, was one of the years best, and this is coming from a guy who was pretty much shit when he started, and had people enraged he was even given the match with benoit at WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back