WWE TLC 2010: Aftermath & Discussion

Maybe Sheamus vs Morrison in a ladder match for King Of the Ring title. Maybe, it is just a thought. But it makes pretty good sense if you think about it.

What would the prize be though? There has to be something to climb up the ladder and get, there is nothing for either guy to get in this feud. Cena vs Barrett in a Ladder match, with a contract for Cena makes more sense. Cena gets the contract he is back in the WWE, Barrett gets the contract and Cena is still fired.

I didnt think of this, but I really like the idea of Sheamus and Morrison in a ladder match. Morrison has always shined in his previous ladder matches, and Im sure the obvious chemistry both have in the ring would carry over into a ladder match.

What everyone isnmt realizing here is that theres something far more important then the King of The Ring title that could be put on the line. Sheamus already won that, so theres no point in going back again. How about a No. 1 Contenders Contract at the next PPV? Novel, but effective, I would think.

I think it could be Morrison vs Sheamus, looser leaves brand so a Raw contract can be hanging.

This would also let Morrison go to smackdown and hopefully win a world title.

Also we can see the tag titles on the line with Koztino vs Nexus vs other Nexus vs Usos
or US title DB vs Dibiasi, and maybe throw in A Ri

or IC title Kofi vs Swagger vs Ziggles

I would love to see JoMo vs Ziggler vs Kofi vs Daniel Bryan for the unified IC/US Title....

all of them have the abilities in the ring to sell a ladder match really well...

John Morrison vs. Sheamus will be the ladder match, this suits Morrison's style better and Sheamus wouldn't be too shabby, honestly a barret cena ladder match would be horrendous, i would expect chairs or an i quit match.

I'm not sure I could imagine how bad Wade would be in a Ladder match, except to say not as bad as Sheamus.

John was good in other Ladder Matches (I'm thinking of his MNM days, it seems), but I can't imagine King would do that well. (Meaning Lawler or the new red-haired guy.)

I also see Barret vs Cena as the ladder match with a contract on the line for Cena.

It feels weird because ladder matches usually involved at least one guy with ladder specialties such as Edge, or CM Punk. I only hope that they pull out a good match and get the crowd hot for it. Personally I think it would have been better to have Del Rio vs Mysterio for this match, but they got the chairs match. I can imagine Barret dropping Cena with the Wasteland, or whatever his finisher is called, from top of the ladder and then have Nexus betray him. Thus, making Cena get his contract. Would be weird to see Cena win by cheating, but anything could happen.

I also see Barret vs Cena as the ladder match with a contract on the line for Cena.

It feels weird because ladder matches usually involved at least one guy with ladder specialties such as Edge, or CM Punk. I only hope that they pull out a good match and get the crowd hot for it. Personally I think it would have been better to have Del Rio vs Mysterio for this match, but they got the chairs match. I can imagine Barret dropping Cena with the Wasteland, or whatever his finisher is called, from top of the ladder and then have Nexus betray him. Thus, making Cena get his contract. Would be weird to see Cena win by cheating, but anything could happen.

I think that they would've given Rey a ladder match, except that I've read he's had inner-ear &/or balance problems lately, so you don't wanna put a guy with hat problem near heights.

Also, I have also noticed they often give it to a guy with that specialty, & I am bored by that/dislike it.

In my opinion, the WWE has done a great job this year building legit feuds that don't seem to be as scrambled together... to end the year we have feuds that seem to be like... final showdown type of feuds.

The match card has

Edge vs Kane to finally have a decisive victory for the title which is also a re-match

Miz vs Randy Orton - the youngest of the feuds thus far and probably the weakest but still intriguing to see how Miz will hold his own in his first true title defense. This is also another rematch

John Cena vs Wade Barrett - feud in the making for like half the year... another rematch

Rey vs Alberto - A couple months have been poured into this feud as well... also another rematch

John Morrison vs Sheamus - in my opinion, the best feud we have going on so far, they put on exciting matches and they have great in ring chemistry. They also have done a great job putting each other over in their matches. The better man will be deserving of a number 1 contendership so... this is going to be amazing, this is their third [technically 5th] match (since survivor series) since their feud has been ignited.

LayCool vs Beth Phoenix and Natalya - LayCool have been fighting with Natalya since Hell in a Cell... and now the odds are evened out, even though its not for the title, the tables stipulation and the return of Beth Phoenix will be interesting... A GlamSlam through a table might be more devastating than a powerbomb o.o

lastly - the IC title will be defended in a triple threat match with three very athletic and very able competitors.

Swagger vs Kingston vs Ziggler will be a ladder match i am most definitely looking forward to seeing... what do u guys think?

Storyline wise, this card is certainly superior to last years card in every way. On last year's card, the most established feud was JeriShow vs DX, but we saw a version of that match on Raw each week anyway. The only other feud that had any major heat behind it was Kofi vs Orton, especially after Kofi had pinned Orton and Punk in 6 seconds the month before at Survivor Series. Other matches such as Batista vs Undertaker, Cena vs Sheamus, and Morrison vs Mcintyre were just thrown on the card with little build up. Benjamin vs Christian was an excellent match, but there was no build to it either.

This years card is far superior in terms of build-up. Cena vs Barrett in any type of match would have been doable due to the 6 month storyline that has been playing out. Del Rio vs Mysterio has been playing out since Del Rio arrived in WWE and faced Mysterio in his first match. Despite the absolute ludicrousy of the way they've gotten there, Kane vs Edge is intriguing due to Edge being able to get to Kane mentally and emotionally. Miz and Orton is good just due to Miz having cashed in Money In the Bank on an injured Orton, which was a ready-made storyline right there. Natalya has been feuding w LayCool since Hell in a Cell, and LayCool "injured" Beth Phoenix's knee and took her title. Sheamus vs Morrison has already been established through the "bully" feud, and their ladder match and NO.1 Contenders Stipulation should truly serve as their rubber match. That could be a full card as it is.

The only question will be execution. You have guys like Miz who have never main evented PPV's before, especially in a tables match. Morrison and Sheamus have shined in single's matches, but can they do that in a ladder match? I think so.

Every match on this card has a storyline, and a reason to be there. This doesn't feel like a "throwaway" PPV in between Survivor Series and the Rumble, it's one that's driven by strong storylines and competitors who have proven they can work well together in the past. Every match on this card feels "special", and thats due to the excellence in storyline booking of it. Im assuredly lookin forward the PPV, especially after Raw.

It's good to see one of these 'themed' PPVs actually taking up the entire show and not just the main events. Tables, ladders, or chairs are involved in every match, capped off with a TLC match. How long has it been since there's been that many gimmick matches on a PPV?

I'm looking forward to this particular PPV more than any other for the last few months to be honest. So i guess i'll fun through who i think'll do what:-

TLC Kane........ if he's going to lose before Mania, it's got to be at the Rumble if anything, and despite the circumstances of the match, with Edge's experience and the rest of it, I still can't see Kane not walking out of that match with the title still.

Orton/Miz Table Miz..... definitely. He only just got the title, i highly doubt he's going to los it to Orton. He's got Riley to cause distractions, he's got a body part to target and he's got the gift of the 'fluke champion win' card.

I'm expecting a very similar finish to the Sheamus/Cena match last year. OR they both go through and neither win.

You're only other option really is ref doesn't see Orton win, and Orton loses as a result.

Unless Creative are in the mood to surprise us.......

Cena/Barrett Chairs Match Cena, because let's face it, he's gone all year without a solid beat down on Barrett, and Nexus are all over the place at the moment, so I can only see Cena destroying him and laughing as he does it.

Sheamus/JoMo Ladder Well, JoMo's yet to earn jack shit except a poxy win at a PPV yet, so it's most likely going to be him that wins it. No way do i see Sheamus/Miz or Sheamus/Orton (for the love of all that is good in the world, PLEASE not Sheamus/Orton again) at the Rumble. And Sheamus is just going t st around and wait to get his ass kicked at Mania again by HHH so......

JOMO/MIZ is something i could believe at the Rumble. The Royal Rumble has a history of throwing weird ass competitors in title matches at the Rumble. Batista v Mr Kennedy in '07? Lesnar vs fuckin' Hardcore Holly in '04? So it wouldn't surprise me to see everyone's beloved John Morrisson, or as i call him 'Jeff Hardy's replacement' take on his former tag team partner for the WWE Title.

It writes itself, and it's bound to draw more buys than the other options.

It is however, THIS match and the one that follows, that will probably determine if John Morrisson, EVER wins the strap in the next 3 years, so i personally, am expecting this to be a great ladder match.

IC Ladder Match This however, is the ladder match i expect is goingto be the better of the two. The additional wrestler adds that extra element of surprise and speed to pacin of the match. Plus we know that Kofi'll fly around a bit and that'll be fun, and hey, maybe they'll do one of those superplexes where someone (probably Swagger) pulls them down too!

As for who wins, i'm sad to say that i don't see Dolph retaining this time around. He's had a decent run as champion in my book. I've enjoyed all of his PPV matches this year, and wonder to myself, what level would he be at now if Rey Mysterio hadn't 'refused' to let him have the IC belt last year?........ But anyway, Kofi. Swagger's going to ponsing around with that Eagle for a while yet.

Divas Table

Wow, a Diva's Table Match, is it 2001? I honestly see Beth turning on Nattie here. Beth doesn't really work for me as a face, and i had a thought as to where it could lead along the line (go read the thread for this match if you wanna read it), but yeah, LayCool win with a Glamazon assist.

ADR/Mysterio..........................................................

Anyone think we may get a thrown together match for the US title and Tag Titles? Or are they just going to be left out of this PPV?

Don't really know who they would have Daniel Bryan face, as there has been no build up feud or anything, but id like to see him wrestle at TLC.

Tables Ladders and Chairs 2010
Date: December 19, 2010
Commentators: Michael Cole, Matt Striker, Jerry Lawler

It’s the all gimmicks all the time show which was fun last year so we have that to hope for at least. The card looks decent and I’d expect a seventh match to pop up on here. The show is kind of predictable in theory though, but it’s nothing I’m worried about. Well I’m out of filler lines and the show is starting so let’s get to it.

Opening video/montage is about Cena vs. Nexus. Never mind as apparently it’s about champions, which makes more sense. The video is getting me hyped up at least so that should be a good sign.

Intercontinental Title: Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler

That’s what I figured would be the opener. Nothing like a hot opener to be, you know, the opener. King says that Vickie isn’t as cute as Bill Dundee in another line that most people won’t get at all. Weird kind of three way brawl to start and we get a LOUD Kofi chant. Ziggler to the floor and Cole and Lawler start chatting about ladder matches which should be interesting.

First ladder brought in by the champion but both challengers shove him off as the champion touches the belt. Sweet dropkick by Kofi takes down Swags. In a smart spot Kofi shoves the ladder down onto Swaggers’ hands/arms as he’s using the ropes to get up. Another ladder in now, also by Ziggles. Swagger has to get his arm looked at as Kofi lands back first on a ladder.

Slingshot from the mat into the ladder draped over the middle rope. It may help if I say Swagger launched Ziggler into it. This is going WAY too fast to call play by play and such. Ziggler hits a Fameasser onto Kofi onto a ladder onto Swagger. Everyone is out so Vickie comes in. Lawler: who does she think she is, Michael Cole? She tries to go up for no adequately explored reason so Kofi starts to tip over the ladder until the heels make the save.

Everyone on the floor now as the fans are WAY behind Kofi still. He goes up the ladder but Swagger grabs the ankle lock. Ziggler climbs up their backs and nearly pulls it off. Ziggler vs. Kofi on top as Jack is down on the floor. Big BOMBS being thrown here. Dolph manages to get the freaking Sleeper on top of the ladder! He fights out and gets a big shot to put Dolph down a bit.

TEST OF STRENGTH on top of the ladder but Kofi shoves Dolph off. Swagger goes up now as this is awesome stuff with incredible balance. Both guys pull down the title….and Ziggler grabs it off the mat to retain. The fans boo the hell out of it but Striker points out you have to have possession of it which while a stretch does actually make logical sense. If nothing else we got to hear Lawler say “he’s clutching it to his bosom.”

Rating: B. This was more of an intellectual ladder match which is something you don’t see. They brought out some leverage and thinking spots which work far better than the usual high spots which we’ll get later on with Morrison. This was much better than I was expecting and sets a very good pace for the show.

Barrett addresses Nexus and we have a tag title match tonight apparently. Cena is a cancer, Nexus is united tonight, you know the drill I’m sure.

Beth Phoenix/Natalya vs. Laycool

Quick recap video which is of the table on Friday which didn’t work. No tagging here thank goodness. The pink table with the painting from Friday is brought in as Laycool is down early. Crowd is QUIET here. Lawler says he’s never seen a Diva go through a table. That’s just amusing. Double fireman’s carry by Beth is damn impressive. Striker makes an important point: any method of going through the table counts. Also it’s only one Diva required for a win.

Laycool in control now as the fans do not care at all. Beth is on the floor now as Laycool takes over. SICK landing by Beth as her foot gets hooked on a rope and she lands straight on her back/head. That was painful as hell, it had to be. Michelle sets for a Faithbreaker (Styles Clash) through a table on Nattie but Beth comes back for the save.

Not table for Michelle (“JUST WAIT UNTIL MARK HEARS ABOUT THIS!!!”) as Layla rakes Beth’s eyes. Layla beats on Beth for awhile but can’t suplex her through it. Double gorilla press by the blondes to Layla until Michelle kicks both in the ribs. Beth may have fallen out for a bit. HOLY SHIT!!! Natalya puts Layla on top of Michelle and puts them BOTH in a Sharpshooter at the same time. TAKE THAT BRET!!!

The nice chicks set up the tables but Michelle sends Beth to the floor to make it 2-1 again. They set for a double superplex but Beth saves again. A lot of near finishes in this one indeed. Down goes Beth so they set for it again but they’re shoved off. The table DID NOT BREAK so Natalya is like fuck it and splashes them through it to end this.

Rating: C+. This wasn’t as bad as you would have thought as Laycool fought them off far better than people would have predicted. It was a good match even but did anyone ever think Laycool had a realistic shot out there? Not a bad match or anything but at the same time it didn’t really get me into the match and it kind of dragged. Still fun though and that Sharpshooter was GREAT.

Ad for WWE Week which is cool indeed.

Kane talks about his childhood sucking but this year he gets toys: tables, ladders and chairs. He beats the hell out of a bunch of Christmas decorations while shouting MERRY CHRISTMAS. Oddly good actually.

Tag Titles: Santino Marella/Vladimir Kozlov vs. Heath Slater/Justin Gabriel

Santino does his usual funny stuff about how awesome he and Kozlov are. McGillicutty and Harris are with the guys in yellow. Santino vs. the homeless South African guy to start as this is a standard match. Surprisingly this is a pretty solid technical showdown to start. Off to the Wendy’s chick/man now with a hot crowd doing a Santino chant. The Cobra is the TLC tonight: Totally Lethal Cobra.

Now the fans like Kozlov. Harris clips him and the evildoers have won the day! Ok so they’re just in control but it sounds more triumphant the other way. Big Wendy’s chant now as we’re still being funny and not getting into TNA territory. Vlad gets beaten down for awhile until he uses his head to get Santino in. Santino raises the roof and cleans a few rooms. Cobra is set up but McGillicutty runs in for the LAME DQ.

Rating: D+. Nothing here at all and Santino is the guy getting hot tags now? Just a quick match but apparently they’re setting up the post match thing which is coming here. Nothing that couldn’t have been done on Raw here, but at least Nexus got their rematch out of the way now.

Nexus beats the champions down with Barrett coming down and killing Santino and Kozlov with a chair which makes sense.

Don’t try this at home. Try it in a place that I haven’t made a joke about a dozen times already.

Sheamus vs. John Morrison

Oh hell yes. These two have that weird chemistry that guys like Warrior and Rude did: you can’t explain it but it’s definitely there. Lawler will not shut up about Cole costing him the title still. They actually hit the mat almost immediately which is odd indeed. We hit the floor and Sheamus sets up a ladder early. Winner is #1 contender if I forgot to mention that.

Morrison slides under the ladder that is set up between the announce table and the apron. He teases Sheamus to get him to also but the big white dude can’t do it and gets kicked in the head. A fan calls Sheamus Casper which cracks me up. Morrison jumps over part of the crowd to hit a forearm, which is a former AJ move. Into the ring and they fight over a ladder which results in Morrison diving over a ladder to take down Sheamus.

Morrison goes up but isn’t in the right position and down he comes. He gets hung upside down with his leg getting caught and he’s stuck hanging upside down. Sheamus’ solution: shove him forward which could hurt his knee and head as well. Sheamus works the knee as a smart Irishman. The fans seem to be divided here but not equally. I think they’re for Morrison but I’m not sure.

Cole tries to make this tank vs. fighter jet which is a cool analogy. Morrison is somehow able to stand after a beating like that one. That’s damn impressive. After a slam onto a ladder where Morrison’s knee gets caught, Sheamus heads up. He naturally takes too long and here comes Johnny Boy. Sheamus charges at him with a ladder but Morrison gets a drop toehold to send the King’s face into the ladder.

BIG kick puts Sheamus down and we’re getting good now. Irish Curse takes down Morrison again though and he hits the floor. Both guys have ladders so they slug it out with the ladders and Sheamus gets his hand hurt. Morrison’s next step? CHUCK THE LADDER AT SHEAMUS’ HEAD!!! Why mess with the basics I guess. Atomic drop onto the ladder makes Jerry squeak in a loud voice.

Instead of climbing immediately John throws a ladder over the top to crush Sheamus all over again. Hand on the contract but a Brogue Kick to the knee/ladder brings Morrison down to the floor. Sheamus goes up but the contract is flying all over the place. Here comes Morrison but the both go down again. Headscissors sends Sheamus to the floor and here goes Morrison again. ALMOST but Sheamus shoves the ladder down for the save. Sweet stuff so far.

Sheamus backdrops Morrison over the top where he crashes to the floor but luckily he didn’t land on the ladder which is still bridged from the beginning of the match. They fight on the same ladder with their backs to the bridged one. Both guys fall backwards, Morrison to the floor and Sheamus THROUGH THE LADDER. That spot never gets old, period. Morrison is all alone in the ring, other than a ladder that is, but here comes Sheamus somehow! Cole asks if he’s the Terminator and I might believe it. Morrison KICKS HIM IN THE FACE and is the #1 contender, more or less sealing Miz retaining later on.

Rating: A. That’s probably a bit overrated but DAMN this was good stuff. The se two have MAD chemistry together and every single one of their matches have been awesome. The announcers say this is Morrison’s best match ever, and I can’t really argue against it. Morrison vs. Miz is going to be sweet stuff at the Rumble indeed. Great match.

Miz says that he’s the new face of the company. Everyone has said he can’t do it and he’s proven everyone wrong. Damn straight he has.

Barrett won’t talk to Grisham as it’s powwow time. Nexus is LAID OUT with chairs everywhere and only Harris, who was with Barrett, left standing. I smell a setup.

Raw World Title: The Miz vs. Randy Orton

Orton is power walking down to the ring. This is a tables match remember. We get a quick recap video of Miz cashing in which while semi-predictable was still great stuff. Big match intros are always sweet. Orton pounds him down early and we’re off. Miz is in gold trunks, just like Sheamus was. Orton misses a charge and eats buckle as Miz takes over. We get into the Superstar of the Year argument again which goes nowhere.

Orton hits the floor and grabs a table from under the ring as I guess the seven or eight in the aisle aren’t good enough for them. Riley moves the table to save his boss/friend/teacher/dom to his sub. Orton gets his sweet dropkick. Miz gets in a cheap shot and here comes Miz, setting up a table. Orton is sent into the steps and it’s table time all over again.

Miz’s table breaks/falls apart though. Clearly not an awesome table. Miz goes up but Orton rolls off the table which was stupid because he could have won if he hadn’t moved early. Table #3 pulled out by Miz. Even the Artists Formerly Known as the Dudleys say REALLY to that many being brought out by one guy. Running clothesline in the corner has Orton in trouble.

Angle Slam by Orton and he puts Miz on the top. Superplex off the top but Riley again moved the table. There’s the snap powerslam and the elevated DDT. Riley moves the table again so Orton puts him down for fun. Table set up in the middle of the ring and we have an RKO chant. Backbreaker keeps Miz down. Orton sets for the RKO but Riley comes in AGAIN.

Skull Crushing Finale is blocked and we lose a referee. Powerbomb to Riley through the table but there’s the Skull Crushing Finale to Orton. I think I know what’s coming. Yep, Miz moves Riley off the broken table and puts Randy on it. The referee wakes up and Miz retains the title! AWESOME!

Ok wait maybe not as the referee sees the video and we’re on again! Orton hammers away and boy is he ticked off. And never mind as Riley shoves Orton off the apron and through the table to tapdance on the pieces of the broken hearts of the fans while the magic fairies of instant replay were repairing them. AWESOME AGAIN!

Rating: B-. I loved the ending here as it played into the whole Miz defies the odds thing. They also covered that this is fair. It’s probably a bit too highly rated but I had a lot of fun in this one. Also the right guy won as Orton goes back a bit now so we don’t have to deal with him for awhile. I liked it a lot as this whole show has kicked ass.

Royal Rumble ad which is about how one person is going on while 29 aren’t. Other than the other guy getting a title match that is.

Off to Alberto and some hot chick in the back near his car. Edge is standing in it and bouncing up and down. He offers an alliance between the three of them to take out Kane. Alberto thinks about it but Edge says no not really as that never works.

Smackdown World Title: Edge vs. Kane vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio

You win by gaining custody of the title. Damn it Rey has the advantage now since he had a custody ladder match before! Rey is dressed….like Gene Simmons of KISS? Really? Entrances take a very long time here. Kane goes straight for Edge as the expected pairings go off together. Striker goes through everyone’s experience in four ways or TLC matches to waste some time.

Alberto shoves Rey off a ladder as Rey jumps onto Kane and Edge, taking them both out with ease. Rey hits a Seated Senton onto the ladder onto Alberto which was cool. The problem with these matches becomes apparent very early as we know the match isn’t ending this early. Chokeslam is countered into an Edgecution by Edge to put the champion down.

Baseball slide to the ladder puts Kane down again, ticking off Cole since it knocked down his Slammies. Alberto and Mysterio kind of disappeared and we have the original title match now. Ah there’s Alberto with all four guys on the floor. Kane rips the legs of a table off which is rather impressive strength. Edge is in the crowd now and not by his own choice.

For some reason he jumps off the barricade to break up a double chokeslam on both Spanish speakers. Everyone but Del Rio combines to put Kane through a table, leaving only Rey to climb the ladder. Running enziguri in the corner has Rey down so Alberto speaks some Spanish. For no apparent reason Del Rio pauses to go get a chair which doesn’t work. Spears for both Del Rio and Rey and Edge climbs up.

Kane is back though and Edge’s balls get a bit too acquainted with the top rope as a result. Out to the floor (again) with Kane killing everyone (Katie Vick anyone?) with a chair. Everyone but Rey is on the stage where Edge spears the champion down. Rey climbs up onto the tables that hang from the ceiling to take down Kane with another seated senton. Everyone else is down so Rey is like fuck it and hits the ring but is too small to get the big ladder up, allowing Del Rio to stop him again.

619 for both Edge and Del Rio but Edge stops his with a chair shot. Two ladders go up, one of which Edge couldn’t reach the title from the very top of. Edge and Rey go up the huge ladder but crash down in a painful looking drop. Ricardo tries to get Del Rio up before going up the ladder himself. And never mind as Kane is back. Chokeslam to “Eddie Munster (I love Striker)” and one to Alberto as well.

Edge through a table now as Rey gets rid of the ladders and beats on Kane for a bit. Del Rio somehow stops him from getting up the HUGE ladder and there’s the Cross Armbreaker which Rey taps to, not that it means anything. Striker thinks you can’t climb a ladder with a bad arm. Morrison did it earlier with a bad leg but you can’t do it with a bad arm? And people wonder why teachers get so little respect.

Alberto goes up and gets his hands on the belt but Rey saves by shoving the big ladder over, sending Alberto CRASHING through two tables on the floor. Big old sick spot there. Kane saves again and a Tombstone flattens Rey one more time. The top of Kane’s head is cut a bit. Kane goes up but Edge pops him a few times with a chair. I think our announcers are out. Edge spears Kane off the apron and there he goes and there’s World Title #10. Riveting.

Rating: B. Fun match but it was a step behind what I thought it would have been. This is LIGHT YEARS ahead of what Edge vs. Kane would have been though so that’s a perk. There wasn’t a good pick to win this one really as everyone would be pretty boring. Somehow this is the weakest big match so far, which is saying a lot as it was still good stuff. Good match, but nothing legendary.

And here’s Cody Rhodes. Uh why? Rhodes is straight up ROCKING the suit he’s in. He talks about the jowel (not a typo) which is where the jaw meets the chin or something. He runs down Houston for some cheap heat which is perfectly fine. Houston is the fattest city in America apparently. And here comes Santa with the Bellas. It’s Santa Show this time. Jerry: it looks like Santa got bigger this year. Striker: if I was around the Bellas I’d get bigger too.

Show and the Bellas throw out DVDs which apparently are all of Knucklehead. Not a bad thing for free I guess. Cody makes fun of Show in his underwear on the DVD cover. Show shills the DVD and makes fun of Cody. Cody says Show looks like a vanilla Shrek. Show threatens Cody with being in Knucklehead II. Spinebuster to Cody and the suit gets ripped off. Cody has Sunday written on his underwear.

Cena takes out Harris and says see you out there to Barrett, who was next to Harris when he got cracked by a chair. Cena is a damn ninja!

And here’s CM Punk, apparently taking over for Striker for the main event.

John Cena vs. Wade Barrett

This is PPV main event number……five for Barrett in his seven months on the main roster. Not that WWE made a new star or anything. BIG reaction for Cena as this is a chairs match. DUELING CHANTS!!!! Barrett hits the floor and Cena cuts him off as the fight is on. There must be twenty chairs at ringside. Barrett gets the first one so instead of picking up another, Cena slowly backs up and tries to keep fighting.

Both guys in the ring with chairs which last a few seconds as we’re back to the slugout. The idea here is that neither guy can get to the chair which they’re treating as something special here, which I like. They hit the floor with Barrett in control. Barrett gets a chair shot to the back of Cena but it’s in the aisle. Barrett sets up the steps which would be illegal wouldn’t they?

Cena slams him on the stage and goes to the back. He comes back with a rolling chair in a rather funny moment. He puts Barrett in it and wakes him up with some water. Cena gets a running start and throws Barrett down the ramp in the chair into the steps. Awesome spot and kind of funny at the same time. Barrett gets control way too quickly and we’re back in the ring and the English dude has a chair.

He chokes away with it as someone as the announce table can’t stop coughing. In an amazing strength move, Cena has Barrett sitting on the chair on top of him. Cena is like fuck it and bench presses his way out of it. HOW STRONG IS THIS GUY? Barrett gets a chair up to stop a shoulder block and Cena hits the floor. Cena gets tied up in the ropes and Barrett has a damn field day on him with the chair.

Cena fights out and hits the Protoplex and the Shuffle but can’t get the FU. Bossman Slam gets two. Chair is wedged in between the top and middle rope. STF is countered with Cena being launched into the wedged chair. Barrett goes up with the chair and dives off (think Foley diving off the apron with one) but gets canvas instead. Top rope Fameasser with the chair but Cena won’t cover.

He sets up about six chairs in a two rows of three facing each other. I think I see an FU coming. Hey what do you know I’m right. In the FREAKING OW MAN spot of the night, the chairs DON”T MOVE and Barrett just stops cold. The pin is academic and for once and for all, the feud is OVER.

Maybe it isn’t as Barrett crawls away and Cena picks up another chair. Let the beatdown begin. They’re up by the stage and Cena gets some kind of a metal pallet thing. Cena looks up at all the chairs hanging from the ceiling and THEY ALL FALL ON BARRETT. Nice job as Barrett is BURIED to end the show and the year. The visual on the replay of a bunch of them just falling straight down is great.

Rating: B. Not a great match or anything, but it certainly worked. I don’t usually do this, but I’m going to include the post match stuff in the rating for this one. That part is the real aspect here, as Cena didn’t beat Wade Barrett. He defeated him. That’s a key difference here. Cena did exactly what he said he’d do: he defeated Nexus. It’s not a great match, but it’s a great ending. That’s what the important thing is here, and it worked like a charm.

Overall Rating: A. This show was fun. That’s the best possible description that I can give it. You have at least one great match with Morrison vs. Sheamus and depending on your tastes another in the TLC match. There wasn’t a single bad match here with the worst certainly being the tag titles, but that was under seven minutes and really not that bad. Also it’s early enough in the show that it doesn’t hurt anything, plus it was a bonus match so it’s not like anyone has anything to be disappointed in either.

The key thing to me though is that for once we got the END of an angle here. That’s the important part of this show to me. Instead of having a show just be the next chapter in a story, it was the final chapter in it and the whole thing is done. It’s a perfect way to close out the year and it worked very well. Excellent show and exactly what it was supposed to be: incredibly violent and fun as hell. No complaints at all.

WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs - December 19, 2010

Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger - This match was quite solid all around except for the time. This match only lasted 9 minutes and it needed to go at least 15 in order to feel special. I have to say, however, that I liked the ending to this match as it was a little different than what was expected. I can’t recall ever seeing a ladder match in which the title fell to the mat and to be picked up by one of the guys who happened to not be up on the ladder. It was an odd finish, but I liked it. It was just a different ending to a ladder match. Ziggler got the win after Swagger & Kofi were battling up on the ladder to get the belt. The announcers played it off as something of a lucky win for Ziggler, which that’s how it looked, so really nobody looked weak here. Ziggler has been a good IC champ and I’ve got no problem with him retaining here. All three of these guys are a lot of fun to watch and I’m hoping that this three way feud over the IC title will continue. This was a fun ladder match, it had a different feel to it than most others of its type, but it really could’ve been a little longer. Thumbs Up

Natalya & Beth Phoenix vs. Team LayCool - I thought this was a really good match, quite possibly the best Divas match I’ve seen in a very long time. I know that doesn’t exactly sound like much but this really was a good match. I thought that they hit just enough high spots in the match without overdoing it. Somewhere around the 3 minute mark, Beth Phoenix landed hard on the back of her head and neck outside the ring. It just looked downright nasty but she didn’t appear to suffer any ill effects from it. Natalya & Beth get the win around the 10 minute mark after Natalya lands a splash on both members of LayCool to put them through the table. This was a fun match that I liked a lot more than I thought I would. Thumbs Up

Santino Marella & Vladimir Koslov vs. Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater - This match was pretty solid for what it was, but I just wasn’t feeling it. There’s always at least one impromptu match added to the card and I was actually hoping that it’d be something with Daniel Bryan. The match ends at the 6 minute mark after Nexus interferes and beats down on Santino & Koslov. Wade Barrett comes down to join the other members of Nexus, maybe to get a little extra heat for his match with Cena. It was solid, but just didn’t flop my mop. Thumbs Down

John Morrison vs. Sheamus - This was a helluva match and I’m glad to see John Morrison pick up the win here. Morrison is a great athlete and can really shine in this sort of setting and Sheamus did a great job in keeping up with him There were some really fun high spots during the match that I thought could’ve used more time to sell the effects, but this was still just an extremely fun match to watch. I love Sheamus’ facial expressions during some of his matches. Both guys stepped it up tonight and this may well have been another breakthrough performance for John Morrison. Morrison wins the match a little past the 19 minute mark to become the #1 contender for the WWE Championship. If JoMo can now connect with the fans on an emotional level through his mic work, he’ll be just fine. Great match and everything I’d hoped it’d be. Thumbs Up

The Miz vs. Randy Orton - Very solid match from Miz & Orton. This match had a tough job following Morrison & Sheamus and, while it wasn’t as good, it was still a fun match. The ref got bumped a little before the 12 minute mark, Riley came in and took an RKO from Orton and he them put Riley through the table with a powerbomb. The Miz coming in and hitting the SCD on Orton, rolling Riley out of the way and putting Orton in his place among the table wreckage was a fun little heel moment. I liked the restart and the ending was creative with Miz grabbing Riley and throwing him into Orton, which ended up with Orton going through the table. The Miz retains the WWE Championship a little past 15 minutes. Michael Cole was good on commentary, especially bitching about the restart, which he did have a point if you think about it. Good match here and I’m glad to see The Miz retain the title here. Thumbs Up

Kane vs. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio - I enjoyed this match a lot and I’m glad that the WWE decided to make it a four way for the title. Truth is, I expected something that’d been fairly dull from just Kane & Edge. All four guys came out and did their thing. Edge hit a shitload of spears tonight, especially on Kane and Del Rio took a huge bump falling from a ladder through a table set up outside the ring. While I never expected Mysterio or Del Rio to win the match, they did add flavor to things and both gave a good account of themselves. I do think that with so many high spots already seen in previous matches that things started to become familiar, but all four put on a great match. Edge hit Kane with a spear, knocking him off the apron and through a table, which made the way clear for Edge. Edge climbed the ladder and took down the belt at the 23 minute mark, becoming a 10 time World Champion. I would have preferred that Kane keep the title as I think he’s done very well as champ, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t expect Edge to win here. Great match all around and a good effort by all involved. Thumbs Up

John Cena vs. Wade Barrett - I was a little surprised to see this match closing out the show. This match was much more physical than I thought that it would be. Both Cena & Barrett were aggressive and I’m glad that the WWE didn’t go the route of making Barrett play the role of a cowardly heel here. It’s not really something that he’s done throughout his feud with Cena and I’m glad that they had him go after Cena hard. The last Chairs Match that I can recall featured Batista vs. The Undertaker and it was pretty lame, but this match was far better than I expected it to be. John Cena got the win on Barrett a little past the 19 minute mark after setting up six chairs in the ring and landing an Attitude Adjustment. I can’t say that I’m surprised Cena won and I would’ve loved to have seen Barrett pull out a win here, but Barrett looked like a strong competitor against Cena and gave him a competitive match. The post match antics with Cena dominating Barrett didn’t do much for me overall, but an enjoyable match. Thumbs Up

Overall Show - I thought TLC was a really fun and entertaining ppv. I was a little disappointed that the triple threat ladder match didn’t go longer but it was still a solid match with a unique ending. Miz vs. Orton & Cena vs. Barrett were both really good matches and I’m glad to see that The Miz retained the WWE Championship. The Miz retained in a way that makes him look like a champ that’s kind of defying the odds to some degree. I figured Barrett would lose to Cena but it was a physical match with creative uses of the chairs. Morrison vs. Sheamus was match of the night for me. Great effort by both men with Morrison becoming #1 contender for the WWE Championship. The Divas match was also pretty fun, better than I was hoping for actually and I thought those four had good chemistry together. The only things on the show that I didn’t really like was the impromptu tag team title match and the stuff with Cody Rhodes out there. Other than that, I thought it was a very entertaining ppv and it should make for an interesting Raw & SmackDown! The grade I give this ppv might be a bit too much, but I was entertained from top to bottom with a card that had a lot of fun matches on it and it was a much better overall show in my opinion than the first TLC

Grade: A-

WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs - December 19, 2010

Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger - This match was quite solid all around except for the time. This match only lasted 9 minutes and it needed to go at least 15 in order to feel special. I have to say, however, that I liked the ending to this match as it was a little different than what was expected. I can’t recall ever seeing a ladder match in which the title fell to the mat and to be picked up by one of the guys who happened to not be up on the ladder. It was an odd finish, but I liked it. It was just a different ending to a ladder match. Ziggler got the win after Swagger & Kofi were battling up on the ladder to get the belt. The announcers played it off as something of a lucky win for Ziggler, which that’s how it looked, so really nobody looked weak here. Ziggler has been a good IC champ and I’ve got no problem with him retaining here. All three of these guys are a lot of fun to watch and I’m hoping that this three way feud over the IC title will continue. This was a fun ladder match, it had a different feel to it than most others of its type, but it really could’ve been a little longer. Thumbs Up

As I recall, this ending happened in TNA before in an Ultimate X match where it was AJ against Christopher Daniels. The referee was knocked out and AJ came down with the belt. Then Daniels attacked him and took the belt when the ref came to and awarded the title to him. It was a pretty unique finish. I liked this match for the same aspects.

Well TLC gets a Thumbs up from me and a fun way to close out 2010 on PPV.

Dolph/Kofi/Swagger-Only saw the end of the Match as my Stream I was watching didn't come up till then. Interesting way for Dolph to Retain the IC Title while Kofi & Swagger were fighting for the Belt on the Ladder with it falling to the mat and Ziggler grabbing it.

Natalya/Beth Phoenix vs Laycool-A Decent Divas Tables Match and im glad they used the personal Laycool Table for Nattie to win the Match her Team.

Santino/Kozlov vs Nexus-Bonus Match for the Tag Titles was alright,Santino calling Nexus Lexus was hilarious. Probably the only Match that didn't deliever but no biggy.

John Morrison/Sheamus-WOW is all I can say,at least MOTN or close to it besides TLC. Awesome Ladder Match though and some great bumps from both. JoMO going to the Royal Rumble (I assume) is Great.

Miz/Randy Orton-Enjoyed this Tables Match and some creative ways for this Match to end to allow Miz to Retain the WWE Title.

Kane/Edge/Rey/Alberto-Another WOW,now this was a TLC Match with all 4 guys busting their ass to put on a Great Match. Glad Edge won to become a 10x WHC.

John Cena/Wade Barrett-Surprised this closed things out but made sense since it was probably the Match of the PPV. The Chairs came into play alot which was good of course. I thought CM Punk was going to do something since he came out for Commentary but he didn't. Liked the FU on Barrett through the 6 Chairs in the Ring and a good way to finish the Cena/Nexus Feud once and for all.

So TLC overall was a fun,entertaining PPV and the fallout on RAW & Smackdown should be interesting. 8/10.

Very good PPV. I wasn't expecting much going into it, so maybe that's why it seemed so entertaining to me, but it was a great way to end the year regardless.

Ziggler vs. Kofi vs.Swagger - This was a decent, yet safe, opener. I was kind of miffed with the screwy finish at first, but it was rather creative upon further inspection. Shorter than I expected, but decent enough.

Beth Phoenix and Nattie vs. Laycool - I'm surprised this actually got a decent amount of time. Pretty good for a Divas match, but nothing great. I think it would have seemed better had the crowd not been dead. I personally just can't get into Divas matches, but it was good for what it was.

Santino and Koslov vs. Nexus - Pretty obviously just a heat builder for the main event, which was fine. It did its job. I love Santino on the mic, so whenever he talks, I'm usually entertained.

John Morrison vs. Sheamus - Here's where the PPV started cooking. Excellent match that had me engaged the whole time. Morrison and Sheamus seem to have mad chemistry with each other and this was their best match yet. Morrison is likely not going to win the championship, presumably at the Royal Rumble, but he's slowly getting over enough to be taken seriously at a main event level. Here's hoping that we haven't seen the last of these two in a feud.

Miz vs. Orton - Another good match, though I wished it went longer after the ref restarted it. Given the match ended so quickly after he saw the replay, it makes me wonder why they went that route at all. Still, probably Orton's best singles title match this year with a lot of good action and plenty of table teasing. I can already hear the idiots crying about Miz's non-clean win now, but it was the perfect finish given the fact that he's a FUCKING HEEL, and an old school one at that. A damn fine match for a first PPV title defense.

Edge vs. Del Rio vs. Kane vs. Mysterio - Great match and it's easy to see why Del Rio and Mysterio were hot shotted into it at the last minute. I haven't seen spots like those in WWE in quite a while and it was a great assault on the eyes. I'm hoping Edge makes for a good champion, but given the very odd way Smackdown's storylines have been booked lately, it's definitely going to be a wait and see sort of thing.

I thought the Cody Rhodes/Big Show segment was awful. I'm a fan of Show and slowly warming up to Rhodes but it was completely unnecessary, the crowd wasn't into it, and it should have been much shorter.

Cena vs. Barrett - Not as good as their Hell and a Cell match, but still entertaining. I think the chair stipulation is dumb, but they did a good job with it - much better than Taker and Batista did last year. The ending was fun as fuck and, despite Cena's resounding finish, I still expect a rubber match between these two to blow off the feud.

Overall, it was a good event. Definitely different than last year's and much better than I expected.

Probably the best PPV all year. That goes for TNA and WWE. Nothing was atrocious, aside from the segment in between the main event and the farce main event.

I will start by saying I just checked wiki and I guess Bryan vs ted was a dark match. It makes no sense what so ever, as a US title match rather than the Cody Rhodes/Big Show ****ing of his dvd was a waste of time. NOW...

Opener, Ziggler vs Swagger vs Kofi. Very good match and a very good opener with nice spots and good amount of drama. Vickie getting on the ladder and the crowd chanting "Let's go Vickie." was great, even though I knew Kofi would not drop her. I must admit, I watched this match as a fan and rooted for Ziggler all the way. I enjoyed it very much and loved the ending, Ziggler retains, still looks good and yet at the same time still slightly weasely by grabbing the title after it fell.

Diva's tag team table match, actually VERY good. Beth Phoenix took the brunt of the bumps and she was taking bumps let me tell you what... McCool put on a nice performance and Nattie's double Sharpshooter was hot to watch and nice technically speaking aswell. From the start seeing the BS pink table I knew which would end it, not sure if the table was meant to break in the end or not, but the match had a nice ending. By the way, King called Natalya, Natalie. Oh and he said he never saw a woman go through a table... Pretty sure he has called Dudley matches before.

Tag match was thrown together and quite blah... The proverbial "piss break match." But it was not awful. Gabriel had a solid showing and as always Santino commanded the crowd at all times. The finish however another story. Damn BS finish. One of just 2 or 3 gripes though, nothing to harp on.

Match of the night... Top 5 or 7 match all year! John Morrison vs King Sheamus, holy shit! A fantastic ladder match and quite different from most. I don't mark or even care about either man for the most part, but they blew me away in this match. Morrison sold the leg/ankle like a champ all match, Sheamus just kept coming back like a beast after all punishment (like going through the ladder!), and I actually loved that it was a mainly ground based ladder match. The opener had it's share of amazing moments in the air and creativity, but I really hope the way Sheamus used the ladder in this match does not go unchecked. Hooking Morrison into the ladder and slamming it down was nice and fresh, can't recall seeing that done before. Overall, I went bananas watching the match and in a couple months when my library gets this PPV, I will rent it no question if not to just watch this match again. Kudos to Morrison and King Sheamus for having career matches.

Orton vs Miz was pretty good... Miz did not do much offense wise, and I am starting to fully grasp how he is being booked. I realize he is not the 1st champion of his kind, but still... The match was good and some nice table teases, Riley's involvement made the match that much better. But Orton bored me at times. Aside from hitting an Angle Slam and having the crowd chant, "Angle Slam!" literally the only thing Orton did was open up his Orton 101 handbook and vomit it in the ring, verbatim. I just shake my head at all the praise he gets. It has been since Summerslam that he had a really good match/showing in the ring in my eyes. And, the "finish" with Miz pulling Riley out the table (he took a sick bump by the way) and putting Orton in the table was great, the added bit at the end was not needed and dulled the 1st finish. Side note, I bet Orton will chew out Miz for "not setting up the table properly and almost seriously hurting him." XD

Rosa Mendes... That sexy hot stupid bitch... Rubbing her greasy, salty fingers across Del Rio's gorgeous car. I think in some countries that would have chopped her fingers off for such an offense... I would have. >_>... Edge comes in and I should have seen it coming after he got his very cheap home town shout out pop...

Del Rio vs Rey vs Edge vs Kane. The "real" main event on the night and a great match. I am let down Rey vs Del Rio did not happen, but I will live because this match played out much better than I think anyone expected (to a certain point..). The match I wet myself for Del Rio, rooted for Kane to retain, at times wasn't angry at the idea Rey would win, and threw my toys every time Edge looked as if he would win. So what happened? Edge won... So obviously I have a big mess to clean up after I write this... Iron Man, Power Rangers, Legos, other little trinket toys... All over the place. I am pissed. Great match, but Edge is now a 10 time champion in what, 5 years? Fucking horse shit... At this rate he will be a 20 time champion before he retires and some asshole will have the nerve to speak Edge's name with Naitch, or even The Game... Edge is so massively overrated it hurts my brain. Weakest spear finisher in wrestling ever, monkey face, and shitty delivery. Christian, Lita, Cena, etc... All carried Edge. Why he is the big boy of Smackdown I will never know. All I know is, as a fan I am mad Del Rio lost, as a smark I am pissed Kane did not retain...

Like I said earlier, the ENTIRE segment with Rhodes, Show, Show's DVD, all that could have been filled by more time for the opener or giving the US Title a spot on the card.

"Farce" main event time. Wade Barrette vs John Cena. Even before the match started I thought it was bad booking leaving this last, especially since it followed the likes of Morrison vs King Sheamus, triple Threat, and 4 way... Anyway, it told a good story and it was not atrocious. However I thought it was really, really overbooked for compensation of it being the main event and having to follow the aforementioned matches. Too much dead time with the rolling chair spot, nice, but not worth the time spent... Or even before the chair was introduced, how long it took Barrette to carry it up the ramp. the finish, as nice as it was, took so much time. Seriously? Barrette has not recovered even slightly from the time of last blow to the time Cena picked him up for the AA? Did anyone notice how Barrette was able to crawl away so quickly after that AA too? Ahh... I gripe, but I don't hate. like I said, pretty god match but it was a grave mistake to have it last. Barrette really is not good enough or even over enough to main event any PPV. I watched and though Orton and Barrette should feud... They are basically the exact same wrestler. LoL. And the end, with the chairs falling on Barrette, ehh... Again, overbooked. Who believes that hurt Barrette? It was just alot of dead time while Cena set it up to be symbolic, and even then Cena came back out and sat in the chair... I like Cena recently for some reason, but having said that I expected a little more.

Last thing... To all the "super baby face" cry babies about Cena (or even Hogan for that matter which is another debate for another time), Since when do straight up, super baby face, super heros stalk and attack people with chairs? Food for thought children. ;) :p

Well one match was awesome. JoMo vs Shemaleus.
Diva match was Zzzzzzzzzzzzz - as expected
Tag Title match was pointless - but thats expected
Orton vs Miz was a fizzer....
the rest were good but not great, too many dead air moments with trying to set something up and taking way too long

On the whole i enjoyed the PPV was a good end to an average year.

BUT!!! one thing that really earked me though and will continue to as long as Cole keeps commentating.

One minute he's arguing with Lawler, the next minute they are a team and 50% of the time he's a tweener moving back and forth between angry, obnoxious to completely kiss ass friendly with no rhyme or reason for changes. til the Miz shows up or Lay Cool are in ring, ok know brainer there.

Then he's a 100% heel commentator again til Barrett vs Cena promo starts and suddenly he's a face again, Punk comes out and Cole goes overboard with the face like commentry

Grab a F'ing alignment and friggin stick to it.

and just sooooo many stupid mistakes on commentry and ring announcing these days it's not funny, do they even do any homework whatsoever? I think not. Are they trying to copy TNA's awfull commentry?

Classic quote... "Cena said the thing he missed the most while he was fired was the crowd reaction." Um earth to stupid guy he was never gone for one minute of TV time:)

What a good PPV we were treated to last night. There wasnt one bad match and just about all of them were above average.

Ziggler/Kofi/Swagger was very good. I'm gonna need to go back and watch it again because I missed a little, but from what I saw, it was fun. The ending was very clever, which is something I'll be saying a lot in this review. I think I would have liked Kofi to get the belt here, but I have no problem with Ziggler retaining.

The Divas tag match was probably one of the better Divas matches that I've seen. I never thought I would mark out during a Divas match but I did twice last night. Once for the double sharpshooter and again for the finish. I definitely think the table was supposed to break the first time. But good quick thinking by Natalya to improvise a good finish. Oh, and I'm happy Beth is ok after that nasty bump outside the ring. She took a beating in this match with some bad bumps.

Nothing special about the tag match. I was laughing at the beginning and I liked it, but it went downhill fast. It was just a way to get one more look at how brutal Nexus is as if we didnt already know.

The #1 contender's match was awesome. These guys have put on some really good matches as of late and they gave us the best match of their short, but great feud. Some very cool spots and excellent selling by Morrison. Glad to see him finally get his chance at a major championship. As for Sheamus, he looked great as well.

The WWE championship followed suit with the other matches, being just as good. Once again, the finish was very good and I give props to the writers. The Miz has been booked pretty good in his few weeks as champion and this just added to it. He came off as smart and doing anything to just pull out the victory. And of course, nothing bad happened to hurt the credibility of Orton.

The WHC match was right up there with Morrison/Sheamus for match of the night. It was incredible. I loved this match. Awesome spots, especially the Del Rio table spot, it was all over the place, and creative. Most importantly for me, they got the belt off of Kane as I found him to be pretty boring as champ. I would say I wanted Edge with the belt, but he was the best option. Good move here as it also continues to build Edge's legacy in TLC matches.

The Cody Rhodes and Big Show segment was dashing (yeah, I went there). Cody has taken his gimmick and ran with it. Its perfect for him and he plays it to a tee. Big Show coming in just added a little comedy to the segment. No problem there.

The main event was good. Better than I was expecting. I had said that I dont see this being the conclusion of the feud because I think they needed a better match stipulation. But I was wrong. Cena and Barrett did a very good job of making this match look very physical and the ending put the exclamation point on that. It seems like the feud is over and if it is, all I can say is that it was a great one. If its not, I'm excited to see how they top that.

Overall, great PPV. 4 or 5 above average matches and two, maybe three, great matches. Outside of WM, probably the best PPV of the year and a great way to close out the year. Good job WWE.

Last night was a very enjoyable experience for me in terms of this PPV. I participated in the Live Discussion and I had a fun time. The go along with that, TLC was a terrific event. I personally felt it was the second best PPV of the year for the WWE, had great matches, moments and a few good twists. I thought all of the scheduled matches were at least decent with stand outs including the actual TLC match, Barrett vs. Cena and the Triple Threat Ladder Match. However the best match was Morrison vs. Sheamus.

As KB mentioned, they have excellent chemistry together. There were a lot of great spots in this match and neither man looked weak, in fact both look very strong. Sheamus got up from a nasty bump through the ladder ('What is he, the Terminator?') while Morrison recovered from a knee injury. There was some great storytelling and the result was right in the end.

That match alone is an example of why this was an excellent PPV. I give WWE: TLC: 9/10.

I've said it several times in several places to several people, and I'm going to say it again, because dammit I'm Doc and that's what I do.

If you weren't enjoying yourself at least once last night, you will never like wrestling.

That PPV had everything! It had great matches, sick spots, fun outcomes, foreshadowing, and a great end to a feud that's been going throughout half the year.

One thing that really struck me about last night was how creative some of the endings were. I loved Ziggler's running in to catch the title and retain. I loved Miz's first "victory" over Orton - shades of Eddie Guerrero there. I'm even glad the divas match finish was botched, because Nattie diving on them made it WAY more impactful and interesting then the divas just going through the table.

For the people complaining about Wade being buried - Remember Miz vs. Cena at The Bash? Remember Team Nexus vs. Team WWE? Both of those times people cried "buried!" and both of those times people were proven wrong. Yes, the Cena/Nexus feud is definitively over, but Nexus doesn't have to disband! They can feud with other people. Remember how they buried Taker? Taker will probably want his revenge, possibly leading to a Wade/Taker match at Wrestlemania. If the group DOES disband, oh well. They've run their course and it's put several people on the map, most notably Barrett and Gabriel.

Sheamus/Morrison was match of the night, and I actually marked for the finish and for Morrison's victory. I never liked Morrison but after that match I can't wait until his match with Miz! The promos between the two should be fun, since they work really well together.

The Cody Rhodes/Santa Show segment was really funny. I was laughing throughout the whole thing, since both men are very funny on the mic. Sure, one could look at it as a waste of time, but I saw it as a cooldown period and a time to just enjoy oneself while giving an up-and-coming young star a bit of face time on a PPV. Sure, they could have had a match, but I liked what they did more than a match, honestly. The PPV was full of intense matches, let's have a change of pace. It was well-placed and well-executed.

Overall, the PPV was a rousing success and was damn enjoyable. The only "Bad" match was KozTino, and that was because it was kind of disjointed with Nexus Everywhere. But even that wasn't THAT bad.

I had so much fun last night and had a big goofy grin on my face the whole time. In one word, this PPV was fun.

A

Kofi Kingston VS Jack Swagger VS Dolph Ziggler- Intercontinental Championship-Ladder Match

Dolph and Kofi fight for the IC title at the top of the ladder. They both go for it, but they aren’t able to hold on to it. Dolph is able to grab the IC title as it lays on the mat for the win. For a second, I actually thought Kofi would push Vickie off of the ladder. I’m sure the live crowd would’ve went nuts for this. Still, I wasn’t too crazy about Vickie getting involved here, but I still enjoyed the match. There were some pretty rough spots in this match, and this was a nice way to kick off the show. Although, I thought this match would feature a lot more action, but Kofi, Swagger, and Dolph still managed to delivered a solid match.

Lay-Cool VS Beth Phoenix & Natalya-Tables Match

Natalya pushes Layla and Michelle on to the decorative pink table, but it doesn’t break. Natalya fixes this problem by performing a cross body. Ugh, why did they have to break the cool table!!!! Anyway, I really enjoyed this match. I had a bad feeling that this might suck, but this match was entertaining. This match had a good flow to it, and there was some good back and forth action between these two teams towards the end. Natalya’s double sharpshooter on Lay-Cool looked sick. I was pleasantly surprised by this match, and I wonder if WWE will keep Beth and Natalya as tag team.

Santino & Vladimir Kozlov VS Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel

Santino sets up for the Cobra, but McGillicutty chop blocks him from behind. He gets caught by the referee, and this one ends in a DQ. After the match, Nexus beats down Santino and Kozlov. Barrett sends a message to Cena by using a chair. This match was kind of underwhelming for me. The whole match seemed dull to me, and things never really picked up. Sure Santino caught fire towards the end, but this match didn’t do it for me.

Sheamus VS John Morrison- Winner Becomes The #1 Contender For The WWE Championship- Ladder Match

Morrison manages to grab the contract, and he is the #1 contender for the Miz’s WWE Championship. This was an unbelievable match. There were plenty of sick spots in this one, and Morrison did an awesome job of selling the leg injury. This match featured tons of action, and the struggle towards the end to grab the contract added some suspense to this match. Morrison and Sheamus have delivered some damn good matches, and things didn’t change here.

The Miz VS Randy Orton- Tables Match-WWE Championship

Towards the end of the match, Riley gets involved, but Orton powerbombs him through a table. Miz sneaks in, and he hits the Skull Crushing Finale. The ref was knocked out a little bit earlier, so he didn’t see any of this. Miz gets Riley out of the way, and he drags Orton on to the broken table. Miz makes sure the ref sees this, and the official signals that he has won the match, but this isn’t over yet. The ref sees the replay on the titantron, and re restarts the match. Orton tries to put up a good fight, but as he hops up on the ring apron, Miz throws Riley into Orton, he falls through a table, and Miz retains his WWE Championship. This was another good match on tonight’s card. Orton dished out most of the brutal stuff here, but Miz managed to get a few shots in here and there. I expected Riley to interfere, but the double swerve at the end took me by surprise. Miz looked like a true heel as he used sneaky tactics towards the end to help him win the match. I’m enjoying The Miz’s WWE Championship reign so far, and I can’t wait for the upcoming championship match with Morrison.

Edge VS Alberto Del Rio VS Kane- TLC Match-World Heavyweight Championship

Edge takes out Kane with a spear, and he is left all alone in the ring to grab the belt, and become the new World Heavyweight Champion. This was a very fun match. There were plenty of jaw dropping spots in this match, and every man put forth a great effort here. Adding Del Rio and Mysterio to this match was a good move on WWE’s part, because I don’t think too many people would’ve been excited to see Kane and Edge go one on one again. Edge is the new champion now, and it’ll be interesting to see how WWE handles face Edge as champion.

Cody Rhodes & Santa Claus

Rhodes comes out. He brags about his good looks, and he runs down Texas. Santa and The Bella Twins interrupt. Big Show is playing the role of jolly old St.Nick. Rhodes tries to embarrass Show by showing pics of him in his underwear from the movie Knucklehead. Show eventually gets frustrated, he hits a SPINEBUSTER on Rhodes. This took me by surprise, because I can’t remember seeing Show ever do this move. Show strips Rhodes down to his underwear. This segment did make me laugh. Christmas is around the corner, and this segment helped get me in the mood for Saturday.

John Cena VS Wade Barrett-Chairs Match

Before the match, CM Punk replaces Matt Striker on commentary. Cena sets up a row of chairs, and he punishes Barrett by giving him an Attitude Adjustment on the chairs. After the match, Barrett tries to escape, but Cena won’t let it happen. He stalks Barrett with a with chair, and he continues the beat down. Barrett has Cena near the entrance area. He drops a heavy table on top of him, and then Cena pulls down a row of chairs that were attached to the stage. I loved this match. It was physical, and there were some pretty nice spots in this match. After months of torture, Cena FINALLY got his revenge on Barrett and the Nexus, and I thought this was a perfect way to close the show.

Overall Show Rating 9/10: This was a fantastic show. The majority of the matches on tonight’s show were very entertaining, and there were plenty of sick spots for those who love gimmick matches. Seeing Edge win the World Heavyweight Championship was cool, because Kane had become stale as champion, and maybe face Edge can breathe some life into the WHC picture on Smakcdown. Having Barrett VS Cena as the main event was a great decision. Cena finally got revenge on the people who made his life a living hell for months, and seeing him destroy Barrett was a feel good moment.

IC Title 3-Way - Just seemed to drag. Vickie climbing the ladder was the only really interesting part about this match. Too bad she could win the belt, would've actually made things interesting.

Divas Tag Tables - This one dragged. Was just 10 minutes of ugly spots, no-selling, Beth trying to kill herself by over bumping, and a dead crowd. It was like watching a TNA match.

Tag title match - Health is getting really good as a tag worker. Like really good. Dunno what happened to Gabriel tho. In October, he was getting better because he was just bumping and learning how to punch. Still, this was my match of the night.

Sheamus vs Morrison - How amazing is Sheamus? The guy is creative as all heck and very brutal at that. Morrison actually sold in the match, which was surprising. Not looking forward to a month of Morrison promos tho.

Miz vs Orton - Just couldn't get into it. Orton is just so uninteresting to me. I did like the redone finish.

4-Way TLC match - Blech.

Wade Barrett vs John Cena - Probably the most disappointing match all year for me. I've praised the holy shit out of these two guys' work together, but this match was a mess. Like Cena didn't know what they wanted to do. They were just too caught up in the gimmick. If it was just them whacking each other, then it might of ended a lot better. Taker and Batista had the same problem with trying to integrate the gimmick last year. =/

There were some good spots, but the whole picture didn't make sense. I loved the beginning with Wade looking all menacing and Cena trying to dodge and weave around the evil Brit. So, what did we get next? A comedy spot, which was no sold. I thought Wade's two neck spots were going to be the moment they homed it all in, but it wasn't. Wade sitting on the chair over Cena's neck should've been a bigger deal, but it was just another spot in a clusterfuck of a match. That FU spot was BRUTAL. Like the chairs didn't even budge. The final spot with Cena literally burying Wade was a good spot as well, but I am just hoping this was the pay off to the feud because that match was all over the place in a bad way.

D-Man's Review: WWE TLC - December 19, 2010

It's that time of year again... Tables, Ladder, and Chairs. It used to be a rare match but now the WWE has an entire PPV dedicated to it. Last year's was pretty good so let's see if the excitement can continue in 2010.

Jack Swagger -vs- Kofi Kingston -vs- Dolph Ziggler (c) (Triple Threat - WWE Intercontinental Championship Match)
A very obvious opening match for this PPV. It's not unusual that the midcard title gets the crowd hyped up for the remainder of the show. Lots of good, high-flying spots by Kingston and Ziggler. Swagger played a very good supporting role in the match. A very funny spot ensued as Vickie tries to climb the ladder to claim the IC title on behalf of her boyfriend, only to be caught in the act and teased to be dumped off.

Ending:Swagger and Kingston have a shot-for-shot, back and forth battle atop the ladder and both try to grab the title belt only to accidentally drop it to the ground. Ziggler sneaks beneath them on the floor, picks up the belt, and gets the win.

Winner and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Dolph Ziggler
Rating: 3.5/5.0
I enjoyed this match. It was a solid opener with a very original ending. Striker made it a point to inform us that the winner must have possession of the title belt in order to be declared the winner. The spot with Vickie was entertaining and the match was very solid.

--Backstage segment with Barrett and Nexus
It seems that we now have a WWE tag team title match with Gabriel/Slater getting a rematch against Koztino. Plus, your typical Barrett banter about Cena being a problem and Nexus being united.

Beth Phoenix/Natalya -vs- Laycool (Divas Tables Match)
A very intriguing match. It seems that a tables match might be too "brutal" for women by WWE's standards, yet they took their best four female workers and gave it a shot in a PG environment. I was a bit surprised at the smooth flow of the simple match and was pretty entertained throughout. Lots of false endings with the table being moved by Laycool so they wouldn't lose.

Ending: A double suplex attempt onto the table for Natalya gets reversed and Laycool lands onto the table simultaneously, but the table doesn't break! Natalya does a big splash to stamp the finishing touch.

Winners: Natalya & Beth
Rating: 2.5/5.0
A good, simple tables match by some decent female workers. It had good flow and the botched ending made for a better finish... something you don't see very often.

--Backstage segment with Kane
He flips out and incorporated Christmas with tables, ladders, and chair. Oh, and he thrashes the backstage area. Um...ok.

Koztino -vs- Nexus (Tag Team Titles)
This was a last-minute add-on that was announced during the backstage Barrett/Nexus segment. This was just a lackluster tag match with Santino's normal antics.

Ending: Santino gets the hot tag and cleans house only to have McGillicutty run in for the... um... DQ??

Winners and STILL Tag Team Champions: Koztino via DQ
Rating: 1.0/5.0
This match was garbage but it needed to happen to keep Nexus and the tag titles on the PPV.

Post-match, Barrett comes down and destroys both members of Koztino with a chair.

John Morrison -vs- King Sheamus (#1 Contenders Ladder match for the WWE title)
This match could be a sleeper. Sheamus and Morrison had a few good runs and a decent little feud going on. This match consists of Morrison's agility versus Sheamus's power with some nice, crushing ladder spots in between. Very good setups for some major fall outs with the ladder. Sheamus's falling spot onto the ladder was SICK.

Ending: Morrison gets to the top of the ladder and Sheamus teases a dump over the top rope, but Morrison reverses the momentum of the ladder and delivers a sick kick right to Sheamus's face, allowing him to grab the #1 contenders contract.

Winner: Rob Van Dam
Rating: 4.5/5.0
This was solid from start to finish. Every spot made sense and both men really proved why the WWE continued this feud. They work so well together and really put a stamp on agility versus power. Sheamus took some good bumps and Morrison really earned his spot.

--Backstage segment with Miz
Miz cuts a standard promo about how he's the best and stuff.

--Backstage with Barrett
He refuses an interview with Grisham only to find the rest of Nexus laid out in their locker room, apparently via chair-destruction a la John Cena.

The Miz (c) -vs- Randy Orton (WWE Title - Tables Match)
I'm not expecting a whole lot here. Tables matches really lost their luster when the WWE became PG. Plus, last year's disappointing and obvious ending really left a bad taste in my mouth.

This was actually a solid match. Very standard but it showed that the Miz is capable of putting on decent matches with decent wrestlers. Orton was solid as usual and Riley added his normal interference. They added a good false ending here when Orton powerbombed Riley through a table, Miz jumped in, clocked Orton, and switched him with Riley to make it seem like he put Randy through the table. Lackluster, it may seem... until...

Ending:The referee notices the post-match replay and reverses his decision, forcing the match to continue. Orton battles back his way back into the ring to continue the match but the Miz tosses Riley into Orton on the apron, causing him to fall off the edge and fall through a table!! I didn't see that coming!

Winner and still WWE Champion: The Miz
Rating: 4.0/5.0
I'm giving this match an extra 1/2 point just for the ending alone. Just when we think the ending would be predictable and lackluster, they twist things up and make the match continue. This throw off our train of thought and due to the great camerawork, no one saw it coming when Orton was forced into the open table on the outside. I love it!

--Backstage segment with Alberto Del Rio
ADR notices a girl by his car and goes to check it out, only to find Edge inside the car. Edge asks for an alliance but was only kidding. He says he's going to win the WHC tonight.

Kane (c) -vs- Alberto Del Rio -vs- Rey Mysterio -vs- Edge (World Heavyweight Championship - TLC match)
Rey and Del Rio were added to this match and rightfully so. As good as Edge is, I doubt him and Kane could've made this exciting.

The match flowed well but didn't really have the excitement that Sheamus/Morrison or Miz/Orton had. Standard spots and sloppy falls by Kane really ruined it for me. But Del Rio eats a SICK spot off the top of a very tall ladder, over the ropes, and through two tables. Good thing for that... it saved the match for me.

Ending:Kane tombstones Rey and then Edge spears Kane off the apron. Edge climbs the ladder... slowly... and snatches the belt. Yay.

Winners and NEW World Heavyweight Champion: Edge
Rating: 3.5/5.0
This was blah for me. If it wasn't for Del Rio's spot and the title change, nothing would have been exciting for me here. But then again, when you add two men to an ongoing, lackluster feud at the last minute to be in a TLC match, you can't expect to much to impress you in the long run.

--Cody Rhodes/Santa segment
Cody comes out and cuts a promo about the crowd, gaining major heat. He's interrupted by the Bellas and Santa Cla... er... Show. Damn, the Bellas are hot... anyway, they're tossing DVD's to the crowd. Of course, Cody keeps running his mouth and Big Show makes him pay for it.

--Cena takes out Harris with a chair, leaving his match with Barrett without interference

John Cena -vs- Wade Barrett (Tables Match)
Cena finally gets revenge on Wade Barrett as this feud has been building for MONTHS. Both men have teased how strong they are with chairs so this should be decent.

Very solid match with the inexperienced Barrett really taking it to Cena. Barrett reverses many of Cena's "vintage" movesets, showing his strength. Lots of crushing chair shots to the back and a good spot with a chair wrapped around Cena's head, driving him into the ringpost outside the ring. Cena his his top rope "Fameasser" with the chair and Barrett is down.

Ending:Cena sets up six chairs facing each other with space in the middle. He lifts up Barrett and delivers an Attitude Adjustment onto the chairs. Big ouch. 1-2-3 and Cena gets the win.

Winner: John Cena
Rating: 4.0/5.0

Very good match. Nothing super special, but the story was told. Cena finally gets his revenge on Barrett and the win.

Post match has Barrett being carried out of the ring by the referees. Cena follow him up the ramp, delivering chair shots all along the way. They veer off the ramp to the side next to a pallet-type thing holding a bunch of chairs. Cena cleans off the pallet and drags it on top of Barrett. Above them, chairs are hanging from the ceiling by a thick string... about 15 or so. Cena grabs the bottom one, takes a good tug, and ALL of the chairs come crashing down on top of the pallet. Cool shit.

Final Rating: 4.5/5.0
I really can't complain about anything here. Besides the tag match, every match was solid and had a lot of unique endings. The stories were told very well and lots of feuds ended. Every segment made sense and the title matches combined with the main event really gave the show the sense that at least half of it held major importance. I enjoyed it very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back