WWE Survivor Series - Dean Ambrose VS Bray Wyatt

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Just a little while ago on its Facebook page, WWE announced that the "Lunatic Fringe" will go up against the "Deranged" Bray Wyatt at Survivor Series. While it's possible that one or both of them could pull double duty, I'm personally doubting it.

While Ambrose has had his problems with The Authority since his days with The Shield and Bray Wyatt has had a very loose affiliation with them a few times, I like the idea of neither of them being involved in the traditional Survivor Series match. Ambrose being totally on his own fits with his "unstable" nature and Wyatt's only just returned from a couple month hiatus and needs to reestablish himself a bit.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this feud builds going into Survivor Series, and more importantly, how long it will go on for...

Bit surprised it has been announced so early, however. Thought we, the audience, would find out a bit more about why Wyatt did what he did at HiaC.

This could be a feud they drag out until Wrestlemania. Two of your better mic/character workers. I'd like to see this just be the first of many battles. Culminating in some crazy shit at Wrestlemania. Like an "I Quit" match.

Not looking forward too this match at all.

I've said this since day one, I see no potential in bray wyatt.
Horrible wrestler, shitty on the mic and just overall horrible. IMO

I love dean. Great wrestler.

And has a bright future

Not looking forward too this match at all.

I've said this since day one, I see no potential in bray wyatt.
Horrible wrestler, shitty on the mic and just overall horrible. IMO

I love dean. Great wrestler.

And has a bright future

For me they're the two most overrated stars of this era. There's nothing special about either one of them. It's a battle of Looney Toons between a guy who's supposed to be crazy and comes off goofy, and a guy who's supposed to be creepy and comes off even goofier. This is the ultimate piss break match for me.

I've said this since day one, I see no potential in bray wyatt....Horrible wrestler, shitty on the mic and just overall horrible. IMO

Could be true, but it doesn't necessarily mean this match won't stir up fan interest. Bray isn't much of a traditional wrestler, for sure, but he's a performer in the ring, much in the way Hulk Hogan was. Hogan couldn't wrestle either, yet he got the fans excited about seeing him.

That's the essence of Bray Wyatt; he does it with his personality and antics more than raw ability in the ring. Meanwhile, we've got Dean Ambrose with his "unstable" schtick, pretty much guaranteeing we're gonna see two wrestlers looking to out-crazy each other in the weeks leading up to the PPV, which might prove interesting. As someone said earlier in this thread, how they build it up might determine whether fans will flock to see this one or not.

The match of the guy that's been booked WAY above his talent level and the guy that's been booked as his Indy gimmick, just without the buzzsaws, fluorescent lightbulbs, sheets of glass, barbed wire bats, or a gusset plate board.

The only difference is that in his time in the WWE, Dean Ambrose has started learning how to actually wrestle in the ring, whereas Bray Wyatt has given next to no effort to actually learn how to wrestle, and instead, I assume, only relied on his Rotunda last name.

This feud is the death knell for one of these guys. Either Bray or Dean gets finished as a main eventer in this feud, and the thing is, it's probably going to be the guy that's actually improved over the last 2 years. Bray Wyatt is a vacuum of talent. He couldn't get over when Cena was carrying him for months, couldn't get over when Jericho was carrying him for months. I can't see how Dean Ambrose will be able to carry this feud.

But, here's to them for it. Rollins gets to move on to having the Traditional Survivor's Series match against Cena, et. al., Reigns is going to have the WWEWHC handed to him when he comes back, and Dean Ambrose is going to have a severe black mark on his career now having to fight Bray Wyatt.

The match of the guy that's been booked WAY above his talent level and the guy that's been booked as his Indy gimmick, just without the buzzsaws, fluorescent lightbulbs, sheets of glass, barbed wire bats, or a gusset plate board.

The only difference is that in his time in the WWE, Dean Ambrose has started learning how to actually wrestle in the ring, whereas Bray Wyatt has given next to no effort to actually learn how to wrestle, and instead, I assume, only relied on his Rotunda last name.

This feud is the death knell for one of these guys. Either Bray or Dean gets finished as a main eventer in this feud, and the thing is, it's probably going to be the guy that's actually improved over the last 2 years. Bray Wyatt is a vacuum of talent. He couldn't get over when Cena was carrying him for months, couldn't get over when Jericho was carrying him for months. I can't see how Dean Ambrose will be able to carry this feud.

But, here's to them for it. Rollins gets to move on to having the Traditional Survivor's Series match against Cena, et. al., Reigns is going to have the WWEWHC handed to him when he comes back, and Dean Ambrose is going to have a severe black mark on his career now having to fight Bray Wyatt.

Pretty much agree with you here. Ambrose is getting the short end of the stick.
Bray hasn't improved since his time in nxt. Still horrible in every aspect.

Reigns doesnt deserve a main event push yet.
Rollins isnt ready for main event yet.

I'm looking forward to this match, and the promos leading up to it should be great entertainment. I'm a big fan of both Wyatt and Ambrose, and I also hope that they have a series of matches as their characters seem the kind that would benefit from having gimmick matches to tell the story.

There's potential to get both over here if they do it right.

The build up and match should be great but it brings up a crazy question; who In the hell can afford a loss in this? Ambrose hasn't won anything of note and just came off losing his feud with Rollins and Wyatt is supposedly "reborn" after wwe fucking him up worse than anyone I can remember. Maybe it ends in DQ or something but it's gonna have to come down to one of them taking the fall and it's going to hurt either one. Neither can afford to lose right now.

I kind of disagree, I don't think either of them need the win really. Bray's last impressive win was Daniel Bryan at the RR and he's still close to being main event level. They've made Bray an attraction, like they did with the Undertaker, so his shit is going to be a featured part of the show regardless of who he is going against or if he wins or loses.

Ambrose has basically taken the place of Daniel Bryan as being the guy the fans want to cheer for no matter what. I find his schtick on the mic cringeworthy bad and his ring work way too much on the hokey side but people love him.

What they need to convey with this feud should be that they're both "crazy" but Wyatt is calculated crazy so he should come out on top. However, in his loss, Ambrose should learn that if he directs his insanity toward a goal then he'll be unstoppable and he should be improved afterwards as well.

It's hard to get excited about this match. It isn't ending in a decisive finish. This screams to me that it'll be a DQ finish. And just what is the point of a DQ finish on PPV. Much less one of WWE's bigger yearly shows.

It's hard to get excited about this match. It isn't ending in a decisive finish. This screams to me that it'll be a DQ finish. And just what is the point of a DQ finish on PPV. Much less one of WWE's bigger yearly shows.

Plus, Ambrose's last PPV match (against Seth Rollins) ended in non-decisive fashion .....strictly because of Bray Wyatt. If the company wants Dean's push to move onward and upward, he's going to have to start winning (or losing) cleanly when he faces guys near his level. Winning cleanly over Cesaro accomplishes little, given the treatment the company has been giving poor Cesaro.

Between Bray and Dean, it's hard to tell which one "needs" the match more. Bray has been out for awhile and they might want to start him off with a clean win. But whomever takes the duke, I don't want WWE to move to a practice of having no clean finishes in top of the line matches except during title changes. If the wrestler has the goods, he can afford to get pinned occasionally and still keep his push.

I have to agree with Sally, us girls stick together. Cena is the only credible threat right now to Lesnar. I really don't think Reigns will be ready, Bryan wouldn't look believable, and poor Ambrose won't get a shot at him.

The only other person who might have any shot at all and who the company trusts would be Orton. He still has his rematch clause from last year, and a three way for the title might be more interesting.

I would love to see Orton, Cena and Lesnar going at it. All three are beaten down, doesn't matter who wins because Rollins cashes in. Then he can start up a feud with either Orton or Cena. Reigns can come in at a later date and crash the party and go for the title at Wrestlemania in Dallas. That will give the WWE some breathing room and a chance to build him up.

I have to agree with Sally, us girls stick together. Cena is the only credible threat right now to Lesnar. I really don't think Reigns will be ready, Bryan wouldn't look believable, and poor Ambrose won't get a shot at him.

The only other person who might have any shot at all and who the company trusts would be Orton. He still has his rematch clause from last year, and a three way for the title might be more interesting.

I would love to see Orton, Cena and Lesnar going at it. All three are beaten down, doesn't matter who wins because Rollins cashes in. Then he can start up a feud with either Orton or Cena. Reigns can come in at a later date and crash the party and go for the title at Wrestlemania in Dallas. That will give the WWE some breathing room and a chance to build him up.

Interesting Scenario, to say the least.

Ideally, with a full roster, you'd think Reigns/Bryan for the money shot at Lesnar, but with both on the injured, and Ambrose looking like he will have to bide his time in the Upper MidCard for a while... the scenario above with the OVW standouts could be an interesting one, maybe get Batista in there as well as build it around the fact that all 4 guys came up in that Class of 02'.

I feel a cool way to build this up would be bray wyatt being in the ring and then the lights go out and dean ambrose shows up in the titantron saying he's here and does bray Wyatt's entrance except you cant see ambrose but he is singing the entire time.

This feud is starting to remind me a bit of Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven from ECW. Apparently, Wyatt has been teasing lately that he knows some secret from Ambrose's past and I get the feeling it's gonna be revealed that the two knew each other during their childhood and this secret may involve Sister Abigail. I dunno, it seems like it's gonna be something twisted and along those lines to me. In this situation, Wyatt is Raven and Ambrose is Dreamer even though Dreamer wasn't as unstable as Ambrose is. In fact, I wouldn't mind if this was the next Raven vs. Dreamer feud although I don't wanna see Wyatt beating Ambrose every match they have, but this is a rivalry I could see happening on and off for years to come and I'd love for Ambrose and Wyatt to recapture that intensity and hate that Dreamer/Raven had, every time they revive their feud and face each other again.

I really enjoy Bray's character, and I do enjoy watching him. My only problem is that he is thrown into a story line just to be teamed up with someone. I wish there was a build up. They keep doing this with Bray where he attacks someone and has a cryptic message. I would like to see something different done, but with that said I am excited to see the match. It will be a good one.

Well a one on one match Wyatt has lost a lot of credibility I don't see any way if its a one on one match that Wyatt wouldn't come out on top

I personally would rather have see Ambrose on team Cena and Wyatt on the team Authority and then go from there

The build up and match should be great but it brings up a crazy question; who In the hell can afford a loss in this? Ambrose hasn't won anything of note and just came off losing his feud with Rollins and Wyatt is supposedly "reborn" after wwe fucking him up worse than anyone I can remember. Maybe it ends in DQ or something but it's gonna have to come down to one of them taking the fall and it's going to hurt either one. Neither can afford to lose right now.

Maybe Bray could lose. His agenda could be wins and losses don't matter to him. He just wants to break Ambrose and won't stop until he do.

They could have a classic TLC match at TLC where Wyatt could take a sick bump to lose the match to take him out for good

Bray Wyatt is a bloody good performer IMO but i will concede that his ring work need sharpening up
I agree that neither man can afford the loss atm, but to be blunt, how many clean finishes are we expecting here, this could go all the way to mainia before we see a defining finish which leads to one of these more interesting personas getting buried.
Wyatt is this generations undertaker in terms of eerie dark side twisted shit and having an opponent like Ambrose could bring the best out of him.

Interesting to see if Ambrose has dropped his dirty deeds finisher for the double arm DDT in homage to Foley

This match is a catch-22.

Bray Wyatt lost a lot of momentum during a shaky (booking wise) feud with Cena (i.e. Extreme Rules), the feud with Jericho really didn't do anything for him, and he's fresh off a return at Hell In A Cell. With all the ups and downs this year, a decisive and clean loss could hurt Wyatt, and he'll be back to square one again.

Dean Ambrose is coming off a series of top notch matches with Seth Rollins and John Cena, and Wrestlemania season is right around the corner, so you're running the risk of a major setback with bad timing, if he loses on Sunday.

I'll go with a DQ or no decision for this one after a pretty rough match to keep the feud going, because Wyatt or Ambrose can't afford a clean loss right now.

Given there are only 5 matches for this show (so far) I'm guessing these two will get a long time. That is where it should be interesting because I really want to see what both (especially Ambrose) can do given time.

The feud has been ok. It hasn't been unmissable and engaging like Ambrose/Rollins or even Wyatt/Cena but it has been entertaining enough. The lines about Dean's father are interesting and I like the idea of Bray releasing Harper and Rowan but trying to bring in Ambrose.

I think Bray should and will win this match. Both "need" wins but both really shouldn't be losing. Despite that, I think Ambrose can recover from a loss far better given his character and popularity. A nice long 20+ minute match is ideal. Bray doesn't necessarily need to cheat to win but I can imagine something similar to the cage match with Cena where they play up to Bray being supernormal.

Since both guys are in such a desperate need for a win, I can't imagine that there's a clean finish in this match.

I'm just not interested in the least bit. I was starting to really like Ambrose's work. But Bray Wyatt fixed nothing in his time off and came back as incoherent as he was before. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he spent his time off working at the performance center learning how to wrestle.

I wish Ambrose would have won at the Cell and Bray attacked him right after or the next night on Raw. It stopped his momentum dead and I think everyone was expecting him to finally give Rollins his due. The fact that he completely dropped his beef with Rollins doesn't help anything either. At least say im going to take care of Bray then its back to Rollins. I see Ambrose losing this match but it would be a lot better for him if he at least beat Rollins and then got attacked so this loss wouldn't hurt him.

I've bitched a lot about this feud so I won't cover it again. Just wish it wasn't exactly like how all of Bray's feuds have been so far. He attacks someone for no reason, tries to explain it but ends up talking nonsense and nobody understands what it means and he has some matches where he isn't booked to look strong but booked to get a win at some point so we can believe he isn't full of shit and can't back up anything he says. Whatever he means to say anyway.

I could see it going to a DQ and them just brawling until TLC where Ascension can debut and help Wyatt beat Ambrose. Then at least he can save face a little by losing then. I'm still pulling for an Ambrose Rumble win though no matter how unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back