WWE Survivor Series 2011 - WWE Championship - Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. CM Punk

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
(This is another match that (I'm sure) will be officially announced in the near future. )

CM Punk confronted Del Rio on Raw last night and is using his one-on-one rematch clause from when Del Rio cashed in his MITB briefcase. Although Del Rio has not yet accepted Punk's challenge as of the time of this post, I'm sure we're going to see this match on the card.

Basically, this match consists of my favorite babyface and favorite heel in today's product. Therefore, it's like a wet dream in the making for me. I'm looking forward to the promos these two are bound to cut on each other and they're going to have PLENTY of time to build up the feud prior to this Big Four PPV.

Your thoughts on the match?

Another underwhelming match. We've seen these guys in singles matches before, and, boy howdy, were they a whole lot of nothing. I just feel like these two have no chemistry. Also think both guys have some serious flaws in their games: Punk has gotten so lazy and cliche as a face worker; Del Rio is all over the place and doesn't really have anything that can make the crowd pop. idk idk

I think if Del Rio can get some good spots in on Punk, this match could be worth watching.I also think Del Rio would need to go over to keep proving he's worthy of being champ. Going over Cena and Punk would be quite something.

Del Rio is stale on the mic and stale in the ring. CM Punk is average in the ring and a weak Chris Jerricho clone on the mic. I expect to be put to sleep for this match possibility. Will definitely be overshadowed by many other matches on the card. With Summer Slam so close, they would do better to have a Triple Threat match for the title. Del Rio (c) vs Punk vs an oppenent to be named at Summer Slam. Big Sexy with the contract he couldn't refuse that included a Summer Slam title shot. With the viciousness he has shown, he wipes the ring clean with Del Rio and Punk to win the title. As he raises the belt, Shawn Michaels comes to the ring asking what is wrong with him and why did he injure his friend Triple H. Shawns appearance is greeted with 3 vicious Jack-knife Power Bombs with Nash standing over him. It is now that the leader of the "Conspiracy" is revealed. Shane McMahon stands at the top of the ring in a suit applauding Nash's victory.

Next night on Raw, Shane appears to explain he wasn't about to let Triple H steal the WWE in what should be rightfully Shanes.

Much better than the dullness of Del Rio and Punk!!

I think you mean Survivor Series instead of Summer Slam. I'm looking forward to this match as well. Del Rio is finally starting to grow on me, but he needs some more solid promos and needs to be more aggressive in the ring. This match will probably be without stipulation because TLC is the next PPV and we will see these two in a ladder or TLC match most likely. I expect Del Rio to retain the title at Survivor Series by cheating or outside interference, most likely from Miz, Truth, or Nash. This could be a great match, but it's do-or-die time for Del Rio, and he really needs to shine these coming weeks if he's going to have any chance of getting over.

Another underwhelming match. We've seen these guys in singles matches before, and, boy howdy, were they a whole lot of nothing. I just feel like these two have no chemistry. Also think both guys have some serious flaws in their games: Punk has gotten so lazy and cliche as a face worker; Del Rio is all over the place and doesn't really have anything that can make the crowd pop. idk idk

Oh, we know - no Cena, no Barrett = garbage. Yeah, we get it.

Anyhow, given a solid amount of time, I think these two can have a damn fine match. Del Rio bores the shit out of me, but he's above average in the ring. Punk always turns in stellar performances on large stages, so I'm not worried about it.

The feud? I'm not sure what's going to happen there, quality wise. Del Rio is basically a broken record, spouting the same shit over and over. Punk is a bit more creative, even if he's saying the same things over and over again, so I hope he can carry this thing into something I care about. Either way, the match should be above average.

I see it being decent, but not great. I also see Del Rio defeating Punk due to outside interference by Laurinitis. I think this feud will stretch in to T.L.C. where Del Rio defends against Cena and Punk in a Triple Threat T.L.C. Match. I see it being a great match with Punk grabbing the title and becoming new WWEC. I think Punk will then go on to keep the belt until Mania when he defends it against Chris Jericho. I see Punk winning this hard-fought match with a G.T.S. and continuing on being the WWEC.

This would be a great feud in my book if they let it happen like it should. Firstly Del Rio. he can go in the ring. he's not great, but he's not bad. he can do moves. He's not much with his promos, but he can go in the ring. NOW, CM Punk can promote this match with his mouth and he is great in the ring in my book. he's shown that he can put on 5 star matches, so i believe in Punk. On the mic is where he's at. i think he's the best on the mic currently in WWE, now if Jericho returns, that's another story, but Punk's promos are instant classics. LOVE how he trashed Johnny Ace. i think this would be a good feud for the next ppvs then give Punk the title.

i think this could be a great match of the night and really give power to both men.....maybe what you do is have them in a match at survivor series where Del Rio gets to choose the match and of course he will pick his strong suit the submission match then we get a technical classic between them with Punk's Anaconda Vise and Del Rio's Armbar we could get a really solid match or if you want to take it a step higher give Punk the Title match inside a Steel Cage so there is no outside interference from Ricardo (its getting ridiculous how much he is involved in matches)...........personally i think WWE fucked this up good they could have made a monster heel faction with Del Rio, Awesome Truth, Nash, Laurinaitis, & Otunga's crew and Punk couldve been his independent self with going against team WWE and the new Corporation sort of like a Stone Cold invasion thing and Laurinaitis gives Punk a title mach to try and persuade him and he turns on them and wins the title or something along those line............but anyway i think it will be a good match regardless of the stipulation or build.

Yeah, this is gonna be great! Now people on here have turned on Del Rio in the last few months, and understandably. It's mainly the samey-ness of his promos that he gets criticised for - but this feud is with CM Punk, so who's worried? Punk will make Del Rio shake it up on the mic a bit, I'm sure.

As for in the ring, it'll be awesome. Two very expressive guys here. Nothing more to say here.

THE PREDICTION
Do you know, I'm really not sure on this one. I could see Punk or Del Rio carry the title through to Elimination Chamber from here, and Punk even to Mania. I think Punk is in with a chance but I'm just not sure. I'm loathe to make a decision either way. I don't mind who wins, I just hope to enjoy the feud.

I think that the WWE wants to keep Del Rio relevant as a champion, so I see him pulling out the win this month. I wouldn't mind seeing some stipulation attached to this match just to add more intrigue.

At first I was not really interested in the match since I really wanted Punk to be in the Elimination match (which I assume will now be a mash of feuds much like the previous years). These two feuding doesn't particularly interest me since I have seen this before and I was not impressed by their previous matches.

But it seems that my wishes for Alberto to face a new challenger is not going to happen so lets take what we can get. Regardless of my lack of desire to see these 2 square of, it should be a good match. I can easily see this being only second to the tag match in terms of quality.

Zrise's prediction

Del Rio to win. To be honest CM Punk seems to be a filler opponent for ADR and I can not see him winning here. Del Rio will hold the title up until elimination chamber in my opinion since I do not see him headlining wrestlemania.

If given a good amount of time, this could be a really good match. I personally liked their previous encounters as I find that both of them can deliver from an in-ring perspective. I don't know about a winner though. The Punk mark in me would usually want Punk to win the title but I would much rather prefer to see Punk scratch and claw against the powers that keep holding him down until he gets his redemption at Wrestlemania. I feel that this match is just filler in Del Rio's title reign really. That said, I'm thinking Del Rio will win here. I think it's too soon for him to drop the belt and he needs a good, long run in order for people in general to take him seriously and to stay relevant as a top tier star, especially after his forgettable first run as champion.

This isn't the worst decision, but still, they have had a couple matches working against each other and they just never work out to be anything above average. I find Del Rio has a hard time meshing with other guys in the ring. He has all the talent, but he's yet to have a great match in my opinion. His best were still with Rey.

One way or another I see Punk with the title by the end of the year. It's Punk vs del Rio here and Punk vs del Rio at TLC, I'd bet, again, one way or another. If Punk wins at Survivor Series then del Rio challenges and loses at TLC, if Punk loses at SS then he wins at TLC. I'm an unabashed Punk mark so I'm obviously rooting for my man here and I think that if they want to make SS as big a PPV as possible, you might as well give the title to Punk here. They can have a good gimmick rematch at TLC, probably the ladder match. I think they'll wrestle really well together, so this should be a nice match in the middle of the card.

This should be a good match. I'm not gonna lie though, it'll be severely overshadowed by The Rock and John Cena. CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio are both great performers, but they can put on one hell of a match on this card and it probably won't be remembered. I really hope they don't go on last too, as it can be just like WrestleMania 18 where the main event between Triple H and Chris Jericho was completely overshadowed by The Rock and Hulk Hogan. While I understand that The Rock and John Cena teaming up isn't as big of a deal as that match, the WWE will certainly play it up as such and put most of the emphasis on it, since it's the turning point in the build to WrestleMania 28.

All of that aside, Punk and Del Rio will probably do one hell of a job. I don't like Del Rio much, but he's good at what he does, as is CM Punk. It will be a match worthy of the WWE Championship, certainly. I don't think Punk will take the title off of Del Rio, Punk comes off great chasing the title and they're working on establishing Del Rio even further. I wouldn't be surprised if this feud managed to stretch into next year, maybe even leading to Punk winning the Royal Rumble.

This has what it takes to be an awesome match, the times we've had Punk and Del Rio go head to head have been very entertaining and this one will be no different. Kind of hard to pick a winner here as they're pretty evenly matched and I don't know if we're going to see Del Rio's reign continue or the ultra popular Punk take the reigns as the top man on Raw. I'm not a huge Del Rio fan and I am a big Punk fan, however I would like to see where Del Rio could go as champion. Even though he's had it for a while now, I'm waiting to see something special from him, so far we've caught glimpses of it but I'm waiting for some kind of a breakout. So because of that and just my guess that this is what will happen I will side with Del Rio on this one, however I would not be upset if Punk won.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Alberto Del Rio Retains

Both guys are smart, both guys are pros. Gonna be a great match that will have a lot of fun little ring psychology and storytelling elements most of you won't get and you'll go "MOAR MOVEZ PLZ!!!!!" and shit all over it but the match will get over and the feud will get over.

I'm excited for it. It's kinda cool how it's simmered till this point. It's been since August for Punk to really get his revenge. I'm hoping this is the beginning of a feud that lasts a few months. They'll prolly hold back a bit (as they should) but it'll still be very entertaining.

Both del Rio and Punk are obviously talented in-ring performers and the match will be good and quite exciting provided they have a 15-20 mins match. The match will likely be overshadowed by Rock-Cena/Awesome Truth but still will be good.

My prediction is that del Rio will retain either by winning in some under-handed way or by getting himself DQed. This feud should go on for quite some time preferably till Rumble.

I don't think CM Punk will win the WWE Championship at Survivor Series. I think he'll be on the verge of winning it but, somehow, ol' Johnny Ace will ultimately be responsible for Punk getting screwed out of the title.

The on-screen animosity Punk has towards him has all the feeling of an Austin vs. McMahon type of feud. Punk will be the rebel with a cause fighting the system while JL will be the corporate guy that craves power and sees himself as the system. I'd say Del Rio will continue to hold the title at least through the rest of 2011. If he doesn't wind up dropping the title at the Royal Rumble, then I look for Punk to wind up winning the Rumble, challenging Del Rio at WrestleMania and then winning the strap there.

At any rate, I'm sure they'll put on a really good match. They've done so before and there's no reason to believe that they won't this time. So if Punk does lose, don't start pissing and moaning about it. It's all but written in the stars that Punk is going to take the title off of Del Rio. It just might not happen at Survivor Series.

Very 50/50 on this, I wouldnt be suprised to see either man leave with the title, although I would lean towards Del Rio. He has yet to successfully defend the WWE title on PPV, and this could further fan the flames to the entire angle and feud. On the other hand, the WWE may not be able to resist the resounding reaction Punk would get in front of the MSG crowd if he wins.

Should be a good match, and a beyond fire atmosphere.

Punk really should pick up the win here. It's a great event and great crowd to do it in front of. I don't think the MSG crowd is going to take kindly to Del Rio winning. That being said, I personally feel Del Rio needs an overhaul. The fact that Punk actually cut a promo on Del Rio confirming that Del Rio hasn't said anything different on the mic since basically his first day in the company proves how stale he is. His mic work is absolutely terrible and it's hard for me to get into Del Rio as a champion because while he does have some skills in the ring, I can't really care about his feuds because they're all extremely boring.

Del Rio needs this win badly in so many ways. His first title reign was joke at best, a very bad joke. A win here would really help build some credibility. Punk doesn't need the strap right now. A face chasing the heel for the title is always more fun to watch then the other way around.

Punk will have the title down the road, no doubt there, but Del Rio needs to hold onto the WWE Championship this time around for a while!

Brodus Clay will be making his debut and costing CM Punk the WWE Championship.. Brodus already appeared as Del Rio's bodyguard in Smackdown.. So no wonder, WWE wants to surprise us :lol: :banghead:But we are not get surprised, ma boy..

WINNER - ALBERTOOOOO DEL REEEIOOOOOOO

I'm hoping Del Rio wins and Punk gets screwed out of the title. With Punk's current gimmick, it kind of works better when he is actually getting screwed over by someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back