• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Superstars; Good Idea or Bad?

Profit

Righteously Sinful
From WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment and WGN America have reached an agreement to create a new weekly, one-hour prime time series entitled "WWE Superstars" that will debut in April 2009.

Be sure to stay tuned to WWE.com for developing details on the show.

I think this show is going to be great for the WWE and it's younger superstars who are looking for time to show the talent they have, and on the three main shows that time is hard to find for some of these guys as the main eventers eat up a lot of it.

It'll be like the early days of Sunday Night Heat, where we got to see some of the lesser known guys get larger roles in the show, which overall I think will be a great thing for the company. Will it receive ratings? I don't know, but I hope that they give this show a chance before pulling the plug on it too early if it starts off with poor numbers.

With this show you could develop the new guys, give them promo time and matches to show the WWE audiance what they have, and i'm sure some of the guys that will be performing on this show havn't gotten much of a chance in that respect. Although ECW is dubbed by some as the training ground of sorts for the new guys, it's really not completely like that. They have stars on that roster, and being that the show is so short, those stars get a lot of the time.

Superstars will hopefully be done in a way that the main event guys arn't the focus of the show, in fact it should be that the only participation by the main guys would be in video clips to hype everyone for RAW or Smackdown! or even ECW.

So, is this show a good idea or bad idea? Discuss.

Pretty sure we already did this thread, but it's been a good while.

This show will be good for about two months. After that it'll go nowhere at all as it'll turn into a recap show and have jobbers facing each other. Likely what they'll do is put some big names on the first few shows to try to draw ratings then put the regular lower card guys that'll frequent the show on there. I like the idea of putting stuff like Santino's Casa, Word Up and the Dirt Sheet on here. It's not like many people go out of their way to see them. Also, if it has to be a show like this, put some exclusive content. Maybe post match interviews from Raw and Smackdown. Like, "WWE cameras caught up with Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase after Randy Orton's attack on Stephanie McMahon on Raw. Here are their thoughts on what their Legacy teammate did." Not much, but something you won't see elsewhere.

I like that idea, with some of the WWE.com type stuff being moved to the new show. I think another thing that could be done with it is have PPV matches announced on there, for instance you have Vicki come out on SD and say "I have a huge announcement with regards to No Way Out... but you'll have to watch WWE Superstars to find out" or something like that. Either way, I like the idea. People like Cryme Tyme, Jimmy Wang Yang, Charlie Haas, Jesse and Festus, Ricky Ortiz, etc. could benefit from this, and upper-mid card guys like Umaga, Finley, Swagger, Knox, Rey, etc. could have the occasionaly match on there too. Long story short, I think it's a good idea.

I think this show will help save some people from joining the "future endeavours" list. It'll also give some of the wrestlers more time on TV that don't get a lot of, if any, on the 3 main shows. Guys like Dolph Ziggler, Ryan Braddock, Ricky Ortiz, etc. will benefit immensely from this program. I'm just saying.

I'm looking forward to this. It definately will help the lesser known guys and give them some kind of exposure as the mid-carders and main eventers take up a lot of the time on Raw, Smackdown and ECW.

So this gives people like Ortiz, Ziggler, Braddock etc to showcase their abilities and help them develop more defined characters. Because I'm sure for example everyone is sick and tired of Ziggler's "Hi. I'm Dolph Ziggler" crap. When I first saw it I was like "Oh no... another pointless character".

Plus what is good about this programme is that they could get some mid-carders on to bring ratings in with maybe some title matches or something.

Its going to be just like sunday night heat
theres going to be a lot of recap and interviews
it'd be cool if they have santino's case or dirt sheet but I don't think they'll do that
dont be surprised to see
Jamie Noble vs Paul Birchill
Dolph Ziggler vs Kizarny

and Jimmy Wang Yang vs William Regal in the ME

Superstars = good idea.

More WWE programming = more exposure for talent = more chance for them to catch on = better business = happy lyrix :icon_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back