WWE SummerSlam: SD Women's Championship - Naomi (c) VS Natalya

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
In what was a pleasant surprise for me, Natalya won the right to face Naomi at SummerSlam for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship by winning the Fatal Fiveway Elimination Match at Battleground last night.

I would've been happy with either Charlotte or Becky as well, but I think it's cool to see Natalya getting her first real taste of the spotlight in quite a long while. She's always been very strong inside the ring but being such a dependable member of the women's roster for a decade and helping out other, and sometimes much less talented, women on the roster has been her legacy rather than championship glory.

If they give this match some time, it could be an entertaining mesh of styles with Naomi's athleticism against Natalya's technical prowess. I don't look for Natalya to win, though I do see, at the very least, a cash in attempt by Carmella on Naomi. Whether or not she's successful is up in the air at this point.

Solid booking. If Charlotte or Becky had won you'd have to find a spot for this on the main show. As it is nobody, will kick up a fuss when it's not.

I was surprised that Natalya won the match. Was really thinking Lana was going to win and eventually have a Ravishing title run. Well, hopefully we can keep the colorful run on Naomi, because Natalya has no color (besides her attire) towards her bleak, unexciting character.

This feel like a match that where carmella will cash in during the match and probably will beat natalya for the belt while ellsworth keeps naomi busy. Either way I think this is just a placeholder match so that carmella can cash in either after or during and I'm sure ellsworth will help her out in someway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back