WWE Runs Article on Sara Amato (Sara del Rey)

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
http://www.wwe.com/inside/how-sara-amato-is-changing-divas-division-26194085

I tend to take these sorts of articles at roughly face value as they've popped up a lot lately on WWE.com, with regard to the WWE openly talking about indies and all that. It's a nice read with that in mind.

More interesting is the possibility that they could be prepping us for Sara Amato to debut on the main roster. I have long held the opinion and state every now and again that Sara del Rey is one of the best five wrestlers in the world without regard to gender. She's that damn good. Debuting on the main roster would be amazing for the Divas division. Many of the Divas now are at least partially trained by her, so they would be comfortable with her and able to put together solid matches with her guidance. Furthermore, those Divas that are already good otherwise - AJ, Natalya - would have no trouble putting together an amazing match with her.

AJ vs Sara Amato would sell like Lita vs. Trish. It would be the most interesting thing the WWE could do for me short of giving Bryan the world title, at this point.

I'd just take her debut as further proof of what we already know: HHH is calling more and more shots and Vince is starting to gradually phase himself out of day-to-day operations. All things considered, this is a good thing. However, I'm pretty sure good female wrestlers don't equal ratings. Therefore, if Sara Amato spends some time on the main roster, it will probably only be for a cup of coffee.

They way that they've build aj is no one can beat her
Despite interference in all victories. In a previous
Post based on her push and story I thought they
Were going to have her drop the title to stratus or lita
Or del ray at mania. How ever. Independent fans are only
Familiar with del ray. I am one. And she is the best female
In the world, so instead of handing her the title which
Is not fair. Have aj with tamina in her corner vs natalya
With del ray in her corner. Del ray taking out tamina
With natalya making aj tap getting a mania moment.
Then you have del ray destroy tamina next night on raw.
Also destroy aj at next ppv. Then people will start looking her up.
Give her a run with the title mid way
Through the season after giving natalya
A decent run.She deserves it afterlong years in independentds
And training the divas

I'd just take her debut as further proof of what we already know: HHH is calling more and more shots and Vince is starting to gradually phase himself out of day-to-day operations. All things considered, this is a good thing. However, I'm pretty sure good female wrestlers don't equal ratings. Therefore, if Sara Amato spends some time on the main roster, it will probably only be for a cup of coffee.

That's pretty much the image that I've been getting. When it comes to the independent scene, Triple H has a different approach than Vince and we can see that by watching NXT. Vince likes to view WWE as the only wrestling company in existence and tends to ignore the indies altogether and Trips doesn't. Triple H will always view WWE as THE place, which most fans and wrestlers themselves do as well since the company is on an entirely different level, but he's someone who sees the value of the indie scene. When you look at talent that's been signed, has made the strongest impressions in NXT and/or are doing well on the main roster, most of them had a very strong indie background. Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Cesaro, Paige, Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville and some others were very well known on the indie scene.

I remember reading a few years back, this was before Triple H ultimately took over WWE's developmental system, that he believed the ideal talent was someone who was young, but also had a lot of experience working for other companies, thereby giving them some genuine maturity.

I remember reading a few years back, this was before Triple H ultimately took over WWE's developmental system, that he believed the ideal talent was someone who was young, but also had a lot of experience working for other companies, thereby giving them some genuine maturity.

Which should have been the way it always was. But once WCW and ECW closed, the WWE really didn't have anywhere else to go to outside of it's OVW territory. They've hit big on that from time to time. But getting guys like Bryan and Punk, who have that experience of wrestling in front of a crowd, knowing how to tell a story, plus knowing the ins and outs at how wrestling works behind the scenes saves the WWE so much time and effort because they don't have to train them as much, thus getting them to the main roster quicker.

The WWE will still look at guys with no background simply because of their look and athleticism. Sometimes it's just too hard to pass up. But HHH has made it clear that the Indies is now the best spot to look for new talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back