Sara Del Rey arrives to WWE as a trainer for NXT Developmental!

DJS92491

Occasional Pre-Show
Via Diva Dirt: http://www.diva-dirt.com/2012/09/29/sara-del-rey-to-be-wwe-developmental-trainer/

This is brilliant news! Not only is this a great benefit to all of the Divas on the roster, as well as the main roster, but this could also mean that the "Queen of Wrestling" has a chance to live out her dream and compete on WWE TV!

This makes me wonder if this was why Aksana was separated from Antonio since (unconfirmed) Antonio and Sara are dating in real life?

Anyways, I'm very proud of WWE for making this decision and I hope to see her make her WWE debut very soon!

fuck me Joey Mercury looks about 60 in the middle.

But great news about SDR, hope she competes on WWE tv at some point too, she is a very talented wrestler and all the other divas on the roster could learn alot from her. I'm sure she will be a massive asset in NXT, and hopefully will put her experience to good use helping the divas of tomorrow

Awesome. Hopefully she can turn some things around, because there's really no reason why the Diva's League has to be as bad as it is. When there's a good wrestler mixed with a well-done storyline (see: Kharma), the fans react positively. Why not make make use of an entire other gender worth of merchandise??

With that said... will someone please sell me their Death Rey shirt???? Not joking, please message me, lol. They're sold out on her site!

I'm not extremely familiar with her, just by her rep. Just about everyone that I've talked to that's familiar with her, and going by what I've read in various reports, seems to think she's probably the top female wrestler in the world.

Since Triple H has been in charge of WWE Developmental and now has Big Johnny's old job, I think he's certainly shown that he has a good eye for talent. If you've watched NXT over the past few months, it becomes even more obvious as there's a ton of talented wrestlers on the roster.

With women's wrestling not being very relevant in WWE, which is unlikely to change as long as Vince is running things, using Del Rey to help train talent is probably the best use for her. If she's as good as people say, then imparting that knowledge is probably something she'd excel at right now. I expect she'll wind up on the main roster eventually, maybe sooner than we expected as it seems the Divas are getting pretty scarce. The Bella Twins are gone, Kelly Kelly has just left the company, Beth Phoenix will probably be gone by the end of next month, AJ Lee is currently busy with her role as GM.

With so many Divas leaving, this could be a chance for WWE to start fresh with the Divas. I'm sure Sara Del Rey would add a lot to the Divas but, as I said, I just have a feeling her talents might be wasted right now as Vince just isn't interested in a serious women's division.

Hopefully the divas put their workboots on. If they're willing to listen there is plenty they can learn from her. She's held gold in SHIMMER, she's wrestled in Japan and Mexico, and is one of the biggest names on the indy scene.

Don't see the Divas changing, What Vince wants, Vince gets. As long a she's running the division, no amount of womens talent can make the Divas Division good.

Don't see the Divas changing, What Vince wants, Vince gets. As long a she's running the division, no amount of womens talent can make the Divas Division good.

Eh, just wait till Paige gets called up. She has the most potential of being the next Lita for the Women's Division. She's sexy, smart, and she can wrestle. She'll make the most out of the two minutes she'll be allowed to wrestle every night on Raw. Her fan following in NXT is undeniable, and I'm excited to see her involvement.

Once Paige is successful, and I guarantee you that she will be, WWE will begin to look for the next Paige.

What does this have to do with Death Rey (a nickname that CM Punk gave her, if you did not know)? Well, she has the connects. Sara Del Rey has actually locked horns with Paige before in the Indy's, and there are a lot of women who are in the Indies who are attractive enough to make it to WWE. AJ Lee came from the Indies as well, but I believe that a major reason why she was noticed above all the others is because WWE doesn't know where to look. AJ came from a major women's wrestling Indy in the Northeast, which is close enough to WWE HQ for them to be able to scout her.

Sara Del Rey? She worked mostly in the Midwest. The thing is that there are just SO MANY Indies in the United States that WWE will not take a chance to look at any particular one unless they are either affiliated with a major Indy, or if WWE has connections in it. Del Rey knows the Indies inside and out, and she definitely knows what WWE is looking for in a Diva since she learned the hard way. She wanted to be with WWE for years, it's her dream job, but WWE just did not like her look. Case in point why she was brought in as a trainer first, and a talent second.

The point is that Del Rey knows where to find women like AJ and Paige. Whether it be Japan, Mexico, the UK and the rest of Europe, and every region of the United States, Sara Del Rey has worked every one of them with only the finest women's wrestlers. There has to be at least one women's wrestler from each region that fits WWE's criteria, and Del Rey knows where to find them.

With all this being said, I can just see nothing but positive possibilities with Del Rey being a trainer in NXT. She isn't necessarily a talent scout, but WWE will most definitely go to her for input. WWE will always go for the fitness models. That's something that we have Trish to blame for since she was amazing. Just look at the addition of Del Rey as a foil to turn fitness models into passable workers, and as someone who can locate the overlooked talent of the Indies.

Eh, just wait till Paige gets called up. She has the most potential of being the next Lita for the Women's Division. She's sexy, smart, and she can wrestle. She'll make the most out of the two minutes she'll be allowed to wrestle every night on Raw. Her fan following in NXT is undeniable, and I'm excited to see her involvement.

Once Paige is successful, and I guarantee you that she will be, WWE will begin to look for the next Paige.

What does this have to do with Death Rey (a nickname that CM Punk gave her, if you did not know)? Well, she has the connects. Sara Del Rey has actually locked horns with Paige before in the Indy's, and there are a lot of women who are in the Indies who are attractive enough to make it to WWE. AJ Lee came from the Indies as well, but I believe that a major reason why she was noticed above all the others is because WWE doesn't know where to look. AJ came from a major women's wrestling Indy in the Northeast, which is close enough to WWE HQ for them to be able to scout her.

Sara Del Rey? She worked mostly in the Midwest. The thing is that there are just SO MANY Indies in the United States that WWE will not take a chance to look at any particular one unless they are either affiliated with a major Indy, or if WWE has connections in it. Del Rey knows the Indies inside and out, and she definitely knows what WWE is looking for in a Diva since she learned the hard way. She wanted to be with WWE for years, it's her dream job, but WWE just did not like her look. Case in point why she was brought in as a trainer first, and a talent second.

The point is that Del Rey knows where to find women like AJ and Paige. Whether it be Japan, Mexico, the UK and the rest of Europe, and every region of the United States, Sara Del Rey has worked every one of them with only the finest women's wrestlers. There has to be at least one women's wrestler from each region that fits WWE's criteria, and Del Rey knows where to find them.

With all this being said, I can just see nothing but positive possibilities with Del Rey being a trainer in NXT. She isn't necessarily a talent scout, but WWE will most definitely go to her for input. WWE will always go for the fitness models. That's something that we have Trish to blame for since she was amazing. Just look at the addition of Del Rey as a foil to turn fitness models into passable workers, and as someone who can locate the overlooked talent of the Indies.

Again training them how to wrestle and them being able to execute that are two different things. Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Tamina, etc. know how to wrestle yet they still haven't done anything in the Divas Divison. You say Paige can be succesful. Ok NXT & RAW are two different things. Unless your name is Kharma, no Divas has gotten a big fan following since the days of Trish/Lita. Please don't forget that Trish/Lita themselves got over by who they were associated with. They were both working angles with male superstars such as Lita with Team XTreme before their singles careers.

So they got rid of Beth Phoenix then hire SDR. Well who is she going to wrestle now? They let the only other good diva go. Just because you pour syrup on shit don’t make it pancakes.

SDR wrestled locally here and she is better then every "diva" on the roster. She isnt a "diva" she is a wrestler. I used to message back n forth with her on myspace, and she is very derserving of this. Her matches with awesome in Japan are legendary.

This could be very good for the Divas division. I was able to meet and watch Sara Del Rey wrestle at a local wrestling promotion that I use to take photos at. She is very nice, pretty and talented in the ring.

I think WWE could get the most use out of her if they put her on the road. She could work wth Finley to help get the Divas division back to where people care about it again. Plus she could have an on air roll, maybe have her work a feud with Paige when she is called up. Also while she is out on the road she could be used as a scout. Look around at local promotions that are in the general area of a WWE show. Go there, visit old friends and scout some of the women that are wrestling in the indies. She knows the look WWE is looking for and can tell if the girl will beable to put on good matches and get over in the WWE. Which over time would help build a stronger Divas division and one more people will respect.

BUT, what will most likely happen is she will stay down in development, try to train the girls WWE scouts, recuirts or picks out of a model catalog which most dont love or even like wrestling they just want to be on TV. Ladies like Paige get called up and have their 3 minute matches. Maybe a small story line that falls apart. But never really able to shine seeing that WWE will push the model. So the model will have to be put over making someone like Paige look aweful by default.

We will get that kind of product till the older guys that are in power have to retire. The guys that still think that womans matches should only be hair pulling and slapping and Divas only get 3 minute matches or less.

The good thing about this is that there will be a world class women's wrestler training the WWE divas. I am sure she will do a great job with them and really teach them a lot. The problem is that the WWE does not really seem to care about that division at all anymore. It seems Beth is gone, and there really aren't that many women left on the main roster. I hope the poster is right that said SDR will be able to find new talent around the world. I hope this is a sign that the division could see some improvement in the coming months, year, but I am not convinced anything will change at all.

Amazing. Hopefully she can convert some factors around, because there's really no purpose why the Diva's Group has to be as bad as it is. When there's a excellent wrestler blended with a well-done story (see: Kharma), the lovers respond favorably. Why not create take advantage of an whole other sex value of merchandise??

The issue is not them knowing how to wrestle. The issue is
1. Letting them wrestle If you listen to Divas who have left they speak about allot of restrictions they have that they men don’t have.
2. Giving them time Matches are usually short and gimmicky that doesn’t matter how well you are
3. Give some storylines
Sara Del Ray probably be treated a little better than the likes of Natalya

Divas aren't given chances to display talent or not So unless its a PPV You won't see her or most divas do much. If I'm a diva i almost prefeer wrestling in NXT

With all these female wrestlers leaving, it's a wonder how the hell Vince didn't try to sign Velvet Sky. Pretty dumb move imo. What is like three or 4 women that can wrestle currently? I don't care care how good Sara is on teaching, there's no bodies to teach to.

With women's wrestling not being very relevant in WWE, which is unlikely to change as long as Vince is running things, using Del Rey to help train talent is probably the best use for her.

This. I'm a big fan of SDR and when I first heard she was going to WWE, given the current state of their female talent (and female wrestlers), I was very worried, as I was when Awesome Kong went over. Better to not be used or to be used in another capacity than to be used badly. I'm glad that she's being used in the capacity she's being used in, especially given that she said she was not a "Diva" (type) way back when in an interview. Given her age (over 30), taking into consideration what happened with Victoria at the end of her run, I couldn't really see them featuring her as a Diva anyway. She has a strongwoman style of wrestling that, for me, is so fun to watch. She is most definitely one of the best, and if she can share her knowledge (and it be assimilated) then awesome. If I were to be a wrestler, I'd love to be trained by her. :blush:

I think it's ridiculous that they hired her only as a trainer and NOT as a wrestler. Like these "Divas" are really going to take direction from someone who's never worked in a WWE ring.

That's how it goes. Even though SDR is the greatest women's wrestler of this generation, these Divas are going to throw it back in her face when she tries to give them direction that she never competed there and she is in no position to tell any of them what to do.

That's when I hope SDR takes those bitches by their hair extensions and stretches some respect for WRESTLING into them, because what these Divas do isn't wrestling. It's catfighting disguised as wrestling. The Fabulous Moolah rolls over in her grave every time she sees one of these silicone-titted bimbos "work" a "match".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back