The Queen of Wrestling in WWE's sights?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
WWE recently offered Sara Del Rey, one of the top female talents on the independents, a developmental deal, reports PWInsider.com. Del Rey is currently undergoing pre-signing medical testing and provided she passes, would then officially sign the contract and begin developmental.

Sara Del Rey is touted as being an incredible female worker and has had much success in Ring of Honor, SHIMMER, CHIKARA, and other top indy promotions. Check out Sara Del Rey's official website or Wikipedia page for more information on the indy star.

We'll discuss her possible name change later. Right now, let's go ahead and mark out over the fact that WWE has sights on the top female wrestler in USA today. Del Rey has been partnered with Kassis Ohno and Antonio Ceasaro in ROH, being dubbed the Queen as she ran a rampage in the Shimmer crossover matches... at least the ones that aired on HDNet and so far SBC.

Del Rey has also worked with the monster known as Kharma in the past at Shimmer events, and was also trained by the current WWE Championship's Number one Contender, Daniel Bryan.

How do you see Sara Del Rey fairing in WWE, if she signs to WWE? Do you envision a KoW family reunion? Maybe an integration in the Punk/Bryan/AJ love triangle? Or maybe, just maybe, she and Kharma will become a rivalry for the diva's championship that would ignite a giant spark BACK into women's wrestling of WWE.

I personally would like to see Del Rey face divas like Layla, Natalya, Beth Phoenix, and even AJ (not in that order) before they enter her into a feud with Kharma. I like Del Rey, and even was kind of curious as to how she would fare in WWE far back when Hero and Claudio were signed to WWE.

I see Kharma vs Del Rey at Wrestlemania. I see the whole division being revamped under Triple H's reign as head of Talent Relations. I see the so called "WWE Mold" being broken. And I think this signing & the signing of Pac are just the beginning stages of things to come with him in charge.

Exciting times could be ahead of us . WWE (HHH) Getting top Female wrestlers and cruiserweights and the spark that is appearing in the tag division it looks like the wait for a exciting and fun to watch WWE is coming back

I for one think it will be great to inject someone else in the divas division to face beth,Kharma, Layla and with some of the other Divas seeing improvment and some new ones on the way up from NXT the Divas match could change from bathroom break to must see matchs

Personally I think that the only reason Del Rey would take a WWE contract is if she was promissed that the WWE divas division was currently in the process of being revamped.
I know that WWE is the biggest company to go to, but this woman seems to be a worker, someone that would rather get out there and wrestle for her money rather than sit back relax and wait for a Bikini contest before she gets a spot in the ring.

So I see this new signing as not only a good female wrestler coming to the WWE, but a Diva's division that is no longer considered a Toilet or Turn on the kettle segment.

I see Kharma vs Del Rey at Wrestlemania. I see the whole division being revamped under Triple H's reign as head of Talent Relations. I see the so called "WWE Mold" being broken. And I think this signing & the signing of Pac are just the beginning stages of things to come with him in charge.

First off WOW. She is by far the best woman wrestler in the buisness.

Now unto the comment. I agree 100%. This would be better than kharma vs beth. I agree that the womans division is on its way back. Just look at the potential. You have layla, who is the wwe's girl right now, aj who is way over with the crazy gimmick, eve torres is a well established heel, Then you have kharma who only would have to return to be super over, natlaya a great worker/legacy , and beth phoenix she is the best worker the wwe has got.

Sara Del Rey would be completely misused. She's possibly too good for the divas division right now and it would be a shame to see her talent wasted jobbing to sexy barbie types.

I think we could be seeing change for the WWE, for the future and now. I'm excited about this. Maybe we could see a revitalized divas division, I'm not saying SDR will be the face but I'm am glad WWE is bringing in great new faces, like Sara Del Ray and PAC.

I for one don't think WWE will bury her, if so that would be a huge waste of money. She is more than capable of putting on great matches with the likes of Kharma (she already has), Beth Phoenix, Natalya, Layla, AJ, and Tamina.

Sara Del Rey would be completely misused. She's possibly too good for the divas division right now and it would be a shame to see her talent wasted jobbing to sexy barbie types.

In fact she's so good she deserves to make less money and wrestle in front of fewer people than she would in WWE, despite her stating multiple times that she wants to be in WWE. That makes perfect sense...

I know shit all about Sara Del Rey other than the absolute basics. But her reputation is good, and I hope she measures up to the hype and has a good career.

Since Triple H took control of WWE Development, he's gone out and signed and/or offered deals to some of the top talent on the independent scene. I don't know much of anything about Del Rey other than her reputation and hype of being one of the top female wrestlers going today.

I can't get too excited about this all in all just yet. Despite numerous disappointments, I can't help but continue to hope that WWE will actually do something relevant with the Divas. You know, do something so they won't be the laughing stock of the company as a whole. Del Rey coming to WWE isn't an automatic indicator that the Divas are going to be revamped. Del Rey coming to WWE could simply mean that WWE approached her with a significant amount of money to do her thing.

Bella's gone, Kelly Kelly looking like she is on her way out, the return of Layla and the improvements in the characters of Eve and AJ in itself made the division bareable again but it does seem like this is a signing of intent. An intention for the divas to have a division that isn't a joke. At the moment its simply Layla v Beth and thats it for the title but the pieces are coming together hopefully for the long term.

She is probably the best active female wrestler today with Cheerleader Melissa a close second. I was hoping that sooner or later she'd get a deal with WWE or TNA. I expect to see a rivalry between her and Khama somewhere down the line.

I dont think they will do the kings of wrestling because all the big Indy wrestlers who got to the wwe mainevent did so by doing something big in wwe, not carrying over their indy gimmick. For example D-bry came up with the "YES" chant to get himself over. Punk had the pipe bomb promo and so on.

Don't put that much stock in SHIMMER, it's got more mediocre and bad workers than either TNA or WWE. That being said, Sara Del Rey is a great talent, and has been for years. As for looks, all she needs is some breast enhancement and some makeup and she'll pass for WWE standards.

She's not drop dead gorgeous like Kelly, but she's hot enough and a good enough worker that she probably won't become stuck in limbo like the Gail Kim's and Nattie Neidhart's that blow through the company.

I'm actually excited to see what she does in the company.

Hopefully, WWE will let her use her name or at least call her "Sara Del Ray", much in the same way Taz became "Tazz" and Rhino became "Rhyno" in WWE. Sounds the same, but the slightly different spelling means WWE can copyright it as their own.

As far as what WWE will do with her, let's remember one thing: Sara Del Rey is not a "Diva". She does not do bikini photo shoots and she does not ooze sex appeal. If she came in last year, WWE would have built her up, then booked her to put over Kelly Kelly for the Divas title.

Hopefully, WWE will let her use her name or at least call her "Sara Del Ray", much in the same way Taz became "Tazz" and Rhino became "Rhyno" in WWE. Sounds the same, but the slightly different spelling means WWE can copyright it as their own.

As far as what WWE will do with her, let's remember one thing: Sara Del Rey is not a "Diva". She does not do bikini photo shoots and she does not ooze sex appeal. If she came in last year, WWE would have built her up, then booked her to put over Kelly Kelly for the Divas title.

Neither do Nattie or Beth Phoenix, but WWE still uses them quite frequently in photo shoots. If you, and anyone else for that matter, expect WWE to give her the world just because she's "Sara Del Rey" then you're insane.

She's not like Kharma, she's not an attraction. If anything she's a possible replacement for Phoenix. I expect Del Rey to come in with a new name and gimmick completely unlike anything she's ever done before.

is an amazing wrestler and not just by female standards either. I had the privilege of seeing her back when I was in college and attended an ROH show in St. Paul, MN. It was her, Allison Danger, Lacey & Rain and they put on a great women's tag team wrestling match and I couldn't believe how impressive she was. I knew about her from reading on the internet and I have always been a supporter of women's wrestling, so when I got to see her in action I was glad she didn't disappoint. Then again neither did the other three. I have a copy of the DVD (Battle for St. Paul) and so should you guys.

Now onto the point of the thread. I look forward to seeing her in the WWE. I have been disappointed with the division like everyone else and she is a major upgrade to the division regardless of how she is used. Yes Beth, Kharma, Layla, Natalya and AJ are doing a lot to make it better, but Sara Del Rey brings a level of talent to the division that even if she were used to put the other divas over and it would make them better for it. It might suck for her and her fans, but the women will be better wrestlers.

I hope this is a sincere effort by the WWE to improve their divas because I want to see the competition like it used to be when Lita, Trish, Ivory, Chyna, Molly Holly were the cornerstones of the division. Oh and I would like to see more Tamina as well.

I dont think they will do the kings of wrestling because all the big Indy wrestlers who got to the wwe mainevent did so by doing something big in wwe, not carrying over their indy gimmick. For example D-bry came up with the "YES" chant to get himself over. Punk had the pipe bomb promo and so on.
Yeah cause cm punk never droped pipe bombs when he was in the indies. He wasn't straight edge. Hell he never had a summer of punk in the indies.

With Del Ray coming over, I wonder if HHH is looking in SHIMMER, DGUSA, and PWG for talent too.These 3 are big on the indy scene and if he continues to do a good job as he is doing, the WWE will actually be a wrestling company again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back