WWE Region, Wellington Subregion, FirstRound:(3)Shawn Michaels vs.(30)Alberto Del Rio

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Shawn Michaels

• Alberto Del Rio

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Wellington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the TSB Bank Arena in Wellington, New Zealand.

2332973.jpg

Shawn_Michaels_at_WrestleMania_XXIV.jpg

#3. Shawn Michaels

Vs.

file_279743_0_Alberto_Del_Rio.jpg

#30. Alberto Del Rio

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Easy choice here. This is a perfect first round match. It would be a good match that would entertain the fans but ultimately the better man with more career success gets the win without much of a threat. HBK cruises to the second round.

Potentially a great match in the first round here. Del Rio comes up short here as HBK being the more accomplished of the two comes out on top moving on.

Is Del Rio actually that much worse than Shawn Michaels? They have the same number of World Titles. Del Rio has beaten Cena, Michaels never really prospered against any of wrestling's huge names. Michaels lost a much bigger audience as champion than Del Rio ever did, and couldn't even sell out his home town. Because the WWE tells us how much of a legend Michaels is every 5 minutes, we look at this match and spot an obvious winner. But actually, on balance I don't think the last 4 years of Del Rio's career have been significantly worse than the the best 4 years of Michaels'.

What has Michaels done that Del Rio hasn't? Carried the company? But he carried it down. Way down. Michaels lead the company because there was no-one else around. I'm leaning towards Del Rio here, not because I think he's necessarily better, but because I don't think he's really any worse and he's going to get a pasting.

The landslide that this match will be is a victory for the WWE propaganda machine.

This could be one of the best matches in the first round. It wouldn't be a squash, and Del Rio would put up a lot of offense, but Shawn would come out on top. He may make it look like he was getting beat up, but there is absolutely no way HBK loses this one. After making it to the ropes to break the armbar submission, a Sweet Chin Music out of nowhere ends Del Rio

Winner- Shawn Michaels

Remember that time HBK Superkicked Del Rio in the face, knocking him out cold? That was during the height of Del Rio's push, and WWE learned quickly that Del Rio was a one-trick pony, and dropped him to the mid-card where he belongs. While it may be true that Del Rio has beaten Cena, he's never done so in a one-on-one single's match. He beat him in a triple threat Hell In A Cell match when he locked Cena out of the Cell and pinned Punk, and in a Last Man Standing Match due to interference from R-Truth and the Miz.

HBK, on the other hand, defeated Cena when he was past his prime. He beat Edge, he beat Orton(whom Del Rio has submitted, true)Angle, Jericho, Batista and HHH, all when he was in or past his prime. The only thing against him here is his lack as a draw, but let's put that into perspective for a minute, shall we?

Where and when has Del Rio drawn? He hasn't. He's always been the "other guy" in big feuds, and both times he won the WWE Championship, he failed to defend it successfully. Not even once. In big matches, he chokes.

This is a big match, and Del Rio is out of his league. Shawn moves on in what would be an entertaining match, but largely one-sided after HBK made his comeback.

Mexican JBL has no chance here. Shawn is just waaaaay too much for ADR. Plus, HBK has been part of the best WWE moments ever, while ADR- some of the most boring. That alone is worth a vote for Shawn.

Or you could take into account the superkick that has won him plenty of matches. Sweet Chin Music is taking Shawn to round two.

Let's be honest, if HBK can keep up with or outwrestle Kurt Angle, he's not going to have a problem with Del Rio. Entertaining match but ultimately, Shawn would scout out the arm-bar and counter it with SCM to move on.

Is Del Rio actually that much worse than Shawn Michaels? They have the same number of World Titles. Del Rio has beaten Cena, Michaels never really prospered against any of wrestling's huge names. Michaels lost a much bigger audience as champion than Del Rio ever did, and couldn't even sell out his home town. Because the WWE tells us how much of a legend Michaels is every 5 minutes, we look at this match and spot an obvious winner. But actually, on balance I don't think the last 4 years of Del Rio's career have been significantly worse than the the best 4 years of Michaels'.

What has Michaels done that Del Rio hasn't? Carried the company? But he carried it down. Way down. Michaels lead the company because there was no-one else around. I'm leaning towards Del Rio here, not because I think he's necessarily better, but because I don't think he's really any worse and he's going to get a pasting.

The landslide that this match will be is a victory for the WWE propaganda machine.

The best four years of HBK will definitely have to be 1994-1998. He won the IC title, tag team title, 3 world titles, and 2 Royal Rumbles.

Del Rio has won 4 world titles, MITB, and a Royal Rumble.

Del Rio gets a lot of hate because of his character or lack thereof, but he can hold his own in the ring and that is an aspect that gets overlooked.

This is a good opening round match. HBK is one of the best ever all-around performers, even though he wasn't considered a top draw during his prime. Although ADR doesn't have the accolades of Michaels, he would make this is a good match.

HBK goes to round 2 by hitting sweet chin music. Michaels has too many tools, and he would use his quickness and ring smarts to put away Del Rio.

This would be a good match from a technical standpoint. Plus it would be Del Rio's Enziguri VS Michaels Legendary Sweet Chin Music. Would be fun to watch but there is still no doubt that Shawn Michaels wins. Mr. WrestleMania, The Showstopper against Albertoooooooooo Del Rioooooooooo. Sorry Del Rio, but the most entertaining part of your act left with Ric Rod. Chin Music knocks Del Rio out. My Vote is for HBK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back