Who Wins This Matchup?

• Hulk Hogan

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the WWE Region. It is a Hell in a Cell match, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York. One week has passed since the third round, so some injuries or fatigue may be a factor.

madison-square-garden.jpg

Rules: The ring is surrounded by a cage with space between the ring and the cage. Anything goes and the match is won by pinfall or submission.

HulkHogan.jpg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

brocklesnar_big.jpg

#12. Brock Lesnar

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Being as it's a Hell in a Cell, which to my knowledge Hogan has never stepped foot in even for an on-air segment let alone a match, despite what Hogan has done for the business of wrestling as a whole I have zero doubt in my mind that he could ever hope to beat Lesnar in this situation.

I don't think Hulkamania will do much wild running inside a cell with the Beast.

My .02.

Oh boy...

Hulk Hogan is always an instant favourite to win any tournament but if there is anyone who can take out Hogan from the running, it's Brock Lesnar inside the Cell. Lesnar is an absolute monster and has made mince meat out of taking down other opponents similar or bigger than him. The man has practically no conscience in the ring and caging this animal is probably the worst thing you can do as Hogan will nowhere to hide.

In saying that though, Hogan has made a career out of taking massive amounts of punishment and fighting back to victory, as well as defeating guys like Lesnar who terrorised the roster and eventually defeated them in the end but I don't believe there has been anyone with Lesnar's intensity to challenge Hogan so I don't really have anything to draw comparisons. I know John Cena defeated Lesnar in a similarly-intense match and you can make Cena/Hogan comparisons but I don't know if that's enough to make a decent argument.

Unless someone sways my vote, I think Hulk Hogan is about to meet his match in Brock Lesnar.

We've seen the demi god Hulk Hogan do some unbelievable things in wrestling, however, I think that beating the Beast incarnate in a match where he's completely at home is something beyond even Hogan.

If you people let Hogan go over Lesnar in this kind of match then there's something really wrong. Lesnar advances here and Hogan is out.

Completely at home? He's only had one HIAC match.

Hogan has been in plenty of cage matches and HIAC is just a cage with a roof. I used that same argument with Chris Benoit when people said he didn't know what he was getting himself into.

If it wasn't in the cell I would vote Hogan in his prime every single time. In the cell I think Hogan has met his match in Lesner. I watched Brock decimate The Undertaker in the cell, and that is a match Taker made famous. I don't think Lesner gets enough credit for his first run just because he left to go play football. He beat everyone there is to beat, and was the fastest rising star ever. Streak or no streak Lesner is a future Hall of Famer. When I was a kid I bled the red and yellow, and have always been a huge Hulkamaniac, but unless someone comes up with a strong strong argument for him I am going with Brock Lesner.

History lesson: did you know that the Iron Sheik was an Olympic caliber athlete that competed in the sport of wrestling in 1968? Did you know that Sheiky Baby was also a legit bad ass like Lesnar? Did you know that, like Lesnar, Sheik was riding high off a huge accomplishment that no one thought was possible: ending Bob Backlund's historic 5 year run as champion? Did you know that Hogan defeated Sheik for the title in just under 6 minutes?

Brock may have defeated an over the hill Hogan, but LOL at him defeating Hogan in his prime. Hogan is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. For him to lose a match against Brock Lesnar in a legends tournament would just be asinine. Especially when Hogan rarely lost cage matches. And while the HIAC isn't your normal cage match, the Hulkster isn't your normal competitor.

Brock may be a runaway freight train, but Hogan is a derailing device. He would slay the beast, just like he always did, and would move onto the regional finals.

Vote Hogan.

Brock may have defeated an over the hill Hogan, but LOL at him defeating Hogan in his prime. Hogan is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. For him to lose a match against Brock Lesnar in a legends tournament would just be asinine. Especially when Hogan rarely lost cage matches. And while the HIAC isn't your normal cage match, the Hulkster isn't your normal competitor.

Didn't WZ vote Vader over Austin in a Strap Match because it made sense in that environment that Vader would be the most logical winner?

Hell in a Cell isn't a giant blue barred cage match. Lesnar has complete and total access to weapons and forcing the fight to outside of the actual ring.

Lesnar defeated the arguable king (and creator) of the Hell in a Cell.

If this were the big blue cage, I'd vote for Hogan due to his ability to topple monsters.

But this isn't the big blue cage and Brock is not like those other monsters, especially when put into a cell.

Completely at home? He's only had one HIAC match.

Hogan has been in plenty of cage matches and HIAC is just a cage with a roof. I used that same argument with Chris Benoit when people said he didn't know what he was getting himself into.

You're right, Lesnar has had only one HIAC match, however, that match was against the Undertaker. The man that made HIAC famous and he kicked 'Taker's ass. Also, the cell is not just a cage with a roof. How fucking ridiculous. I mean in structure it is, however, the match styles are completely different. Lesnar can use weapons and Hogan can't escape. I'm sorry, if this were almost any other match I'd vote for The Hulkster, however, it's the cell and Lesnar advances.

I'm no history buff, but from what I gather Hulk Hogan has never lost at Madison Square Garden (save for one count-out) and I think Brock Lesnar has never won there.

Arguing that Brock would beat Hogan because it's a Cell isn't really saying anything. One match inside doesn't really constitute expertise. Experience? Yeah. But then again Hogan has been in matches that were similar to The Cell like WarGames.

In the standard WarGames, Hulk Hogan never lost (2-0).

At some point, locale should matter. Let it be here. Vote for Hollywood.

Didn't WZ vote Vader over Austin in a Strap Match because it made sense in that environment that Vader would be the most logical winner?

Hell in a Cell isn't a giant blue barred cage match. Lesnar has complete and total access to weapons and forcing the fight to outside of the actual ring.

If this were the big blue cage, I'd vote for Hogan due to his ability to topple monsters.

But this isn't the big blue cage and Brock is not like those other monsters, especially when put into a cell.

Are big blue cages any different than regular cages? Because if so this argument holds some water, if not that's all apples and oranges.

Man. Hogan at MSG. Big match feel, wave of excitement running through the air. I feel like this match would have been featured on a Hulkamania tour & the train has rolled into NYC.

Then the train is picked up and tossed around by some crazy beast that seems right out of a sci-fi movie about genetic military experiments.

Brock Lesnar. When people talk about monsters & say things like 'He is a great example of an athlete.' or 'He is a powerhouse.', etc- this guy is what that means. Seriously, he is quick as a cat & is strong as a fucking bear. I remember when he first showed up & I couldnt believe how he was just destroying everything that moved. Simply destructive.

Hulk may have taken on some monsters during his heyday, but this is the one that would end his parade. Brock Lesnar moves on with the blood of Hulkamania smeared across his chest like war paint.

And how, pray tell, is Hogan so far out of his element that Bork Laser would just auto win?

Lord have mercy it's a cage with a top. And you think that somehow Hogan would lose his ability to fight just because he's confined? What terrible logic.

You mean Taker? So has Batista, and Michaels, and Triple H. In fact Undy has only won half the HIAC he's ever been in. Since a HIAC is a cage with a roof, and Hogan rarely lost cage matches, I fail to see how he would not excel in the match.

I'd vote for his ability to topple monsters in general.

And Hogan is not like other wrestlers. He's arguably the greatest of all time. Brock isn't even in Hogan's league. He'd slay the beast and move on to the next round. Done, and done.

You're right, Lesnar has had only one HIAC match, however, that match was against the Undertaker. The man that made HIAC famous and he kicked 'Taker's ass.

Kicked his ass? Hardly.

Also, the cell is not just a cage with a roof. How fucking ridiculous.
I mean in structure it is, however, the match styles are completely different.

You can get pinfalls in cage matches.

Lesnar can use weapons and Hogan can't escape.

So Hogan is unable to use weapons in this match? News to me.

I'm sorry, if this were almost any other match I'd vote for The Hulkster, however, it's the cell and Lesnar advances.

I would vote Hulkster in any match including this one.

Arguing that Brock would beat Hogan because it's a Cell isn't really saying anything. One match inside doesn't really constitute expertise. Experience? Yeah. But then again Hogan has been in matches that were similar to The Cell like WarGames.

I'm not saying Brock would win due to expertise in the Hell in a Cell match (because he's only been in one prior), I think he'd win simply because of what he'd be allowed to do inside of a cell.

WarGames didn't include outside the ring area, thus not giving the wrestlers access to the floor and weapons beneath the ring (unless someone slipped on in).

Brock is just a far more brutal person than Hogan is, and that's even without giving him weapons.

Are big blue cages any different than regular cages? Because if so this argument holds some water, if not that's all apples and oranges.

Hell in a Cell isn't a normal cage, it extends out and includes the ringside area, which means there's ready access to weapons.

Regular cages and the big blue cage all were ring only.

And how, pray tell, is Hogan so far out of his element that Bork Laser would just auto win?

It's not that Hogan is out of his element Ech, it's that Brock's in his. Yes, Lesnar has only been in one Cell match, but Cell matches allow people to be extremely brutal. Lesnar loves brutal, he lives it.

Lord have mercy it's a cage with a top. And you think that somehow Hogan would lose his ability to fight just because he's confined? What terrible logic.

No, it's not just "a cage with a top." It allows access to the ringside area and to weapons under the ring. There's a big difference seeing as regular cages completely confine the competitors to the ring and remove access to weapons.

You mean Taker? So has Batista, and Michaels, and Triple H. In fact Undy has only won half the HIAC he's ever been in. Since a HIAC is a cage with a roof, and Hogan rarely lost cage matches, I fail to see how he would not excel in the match.

Because of how brutal Lesnar can be. As I stated earlier, it's not that Hogan is out of his element, it's just that Lesnar is in one that he would be very comfortable in.

I'd vote for his ability to topple monsters in general.

If it was a normal cage, so would I.

And Hogan is not like other wrestlers. He's arguably the greatest of all time. Brock isn't even in Hogan's league. He'd slay the beast and move on to the next round. Done, and done.

Brock's not like any other monster that Hogan has faced, especially if it's inside a Cell.

I'm not saying Brock would win due to expertise in the Hell in a Cell match (because he's only been in one prior), I think he'd win simply because of what he'd be allowed to do inside of a cell.

WarGames didn't include outside the ring area, thus not giving the wrestlers access to the floor and weapons beneath the ring (unless someone slipped on in).

Brock is just a far more brutal person than Hogan is, and that's even without giving him weapons.

What a subjective argument. If I had known people were going to toss all logic out the window then I would have pushed hard for Kane to have gone over Hogan last round. Pretty much everything you've said can be said of Hogan: Hogan can be just as vicious, Hogan would know how to use weapons, Hogan would be able to use his strength to counter Brock's and get an advantage.

This match would end the same way 99% of all other Hogan matches did: Brock would look unstoppable and Hogan would find a way to beat him. In fact Hogan was so good at making monsters look the part that Enviousdominous was able to make a case against Cena because of it: that Earthquake would win because he's a monster.

Brock plays his role well, but he's no where near the star that Hogan was. It be ludicrous for Hogan to take a dive this late into the tournament, especially when it's against an opponent so far out of his league.

What a subjective argument. If I had known people were going to toss all logic out the window then I would have pushed hard for Kane to have gone over Hogan last round. Pretty much everything you've said can be said of Hogan: Hogan can be just as vicious, Hogan would know how to use weapons, Hogan would be able to use his strength to counter Brock's and get an advantage.

This match would end the same way 99% of all other Hogan matches did: Brock would look unstoppable and Hogan would find a way to beat him. In fact Hogan was so good at making monsters look the part that Enviousdominous was able to make a case against Cena because of it: that Earthquake would win because he's a monster.

Brock plays his role well, but he's no where near the star that Hogan was. It be ludicrous for Hogan to take a dive this late into the tournament, especially when it's against an opponent so far out of his league.

Please don't act as if you're arguments aren't subjective either.

When has Hogan ever been as vicious as Lesnar?

No one's questioning Hogan's star power vs. Lesnar's, but if it can be argued and voted on that Vader would go over Austin in a simple Strap Match, I'm fairly certain it can be logically argued that Lesnar could take out Hogan inside of a Cell.

Can Hogan be vicious? No idea, I've never seen "vicious" from him.

Can he use weapons? Sure. Strength? Yeah.

But can he do it all as well as Lesnar in a Cell? That I'm torn on and that's why I thin Lesnar would win.

Kicked his ass? Hardly.

You should go back and watch the match. Lesnar dominated 80% of that match.

You can get pinfalls in cage matches.

In Hogan's heyday, most cage matches were won by escaping the cage. Forget most, 95% of cage matches were won by escaping the cage.

So Hogan is unable to use weapons in this match? News to me.

Hogan can use weapons, sure, however, Lesnar is far more lethal and vicious than Hogan is either with weapons or without. A thumb in the eye or raking his nails across Lesnar's back just isn't gonna work.

I would vote Hulkster in any match including this one.

Not this one. Vote Lesnar.

It's not that Hogan is out of his element Ech, it's that Brock's in his. Yes, Lesnar has only been in one Cell match, but Cell matches allow people to be extremely brutal. Lesnar loves brutal, he lives it.

The fact that Lesnar is in his element would just add that much more emotion to the match, but in the end Brock is just another generic heel that Hogan would beat.

No, it's not just "a cage with a top." It allows access to the ringside area and to weapons under the ring. There's a big difference seeing as regular cages completely confine the competitors to the ring and remove access to weapons.

It sounds to me like you're saying that using weapons is beyond Hogan's skill set, otherwise the differences wouldn't matter.

Because of how brutal Lesnar can be. As I stated earlier, it's not that Hogan is out of his element, it's just that Lesnar is in one that he would be very comfortable in.

And somehow that brutality means he'd squash Hogan in a walk? Please. Lesnar = generic heel #4629324 built up to be beaten by Hogan.

Brock's not like any other monster that Hogan has faced, especially if it's inside a Cell.

So you're saying that Brock is more of a monster than, say, Andre? LOL no. The HIAC may give Lesnar credence, but it's not enough to justify putting him over Hogan. Especially when Hogan made a career out of beating punks like Lesnar.

In fact the scenario that you're describing would be tailor made for a Hogan victory...

Lesnar is the monster that everyone hates. Hogan is the hero that everyone wants to see slay the beast. The cage adds emotion, but it doesn't deter from the fact that Hogan would be booked to win in classic fashion like he always was.

...Don't let your subjectiveness blind you to the fact that Hogan is still one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and Lesnar isn't.

Hulk Hogan would have no problem with weapons, sure. The problem is that his chair shots are slow and not exactly what you would call lethal. Brock Lesnar throws some insane chair shots. Hogan would be beaten repeatedly & his corpse then draped across Brock's shoulders for the third F-5 of the match.

A leg drop after a few dainty chair shots or a belt whipping isnt keeping Brock down here.

Let's talk brutality for a minute. There was a time in wrestling when blood and underhanded assaults were the norm. Know who is credited as the catalyst for that? The Hulkster. If you want to talk about vicious assaults, look no further than that particular era and who was riding on top of the bodies in his wake.

Lesnar is a killer. Hogan made it cool to be that killer.

And would Brock Lesnar have went outside of the Cell? There's no telling. In the one Cell match he was in he stayed in the entire time. Hulk Hogan came into one WarGame throwing sand into his opponents' eyes. If anyone is going to utilize the outside of the Cell, it will be Hogan.

That's not even covering that this is still all taking place in an arena Lesnar hasn't won and Hogan has never been pinned at.

Please don't act as if you're arguments aren't subjective either.

Hogan is a hundred times the star Lesnar is. Fact. Hogan legacy's is undoubtedly more important. Fact. Hogan built a career defeating monsters; Lesnar is a generic monster. Fact. Hogan would be booked to win the match in tournament to decide who is the greatest wrestler ever. Fact.

When has Hogan ever been as vicious as Lesnar?

Vicious and tenacious. Give him a chair and he'd smack Lesnar in the face with it just as easily as pummeling him with his fists.

No one's questioning Hogan's star power vs. Lesnar's, but if it can be argued

Then why are you even entertaining this match?

and voted on that Vader would go over Austin in a simple Strap Match, I'm fairly certain it can be logically argued that Lesnar could take out Hogan inside of a Cell.

And I guess it's also logical that Hogan can't climb a ladder. Even though he definitely can. Just like it's not a stretch that Hogan would take out Lesnar in a HIAC when he spent his whole fucking career beating monsters in dire settings.

Can Hogan be vicious? No idea, I've never seen "vicious" from him.

Does pummeling an opponent a bunch of times, or throwing him over the top rope, or pressing him to the floor, or making somone go limp with a bearhug not count as viciousness? In that case I've never seen Brock Lesnar be "vicious."

Can he use weapons? Sure. Strength? Yeah.

Great. Tell me again how Hogan doesn't win if Lesnar isn't a weapons expert and doesn't have superior strength? But he's vicious bro... maybe we should have voted Cena out against Earthquake first round :rolleyes:

But can he do it all as well as Lesnar in a Cell? That I'm torn on and that's why I thin Lesnar would win.

Do you even kayfabe? You know anyone can be portrayed differently right? If Hogan was going over Lesnar then he'd do so in convincing fashion. Hit him with a chair a bunch of times. Leg drop him a bunch of times. The match just adds emotion.

And of course Hogan would be going over anyway since he's the bigger star and wouldn't be jobbed out of a legends tournament to guy not even close to his league.

hogan would dominate lesnar, it wouldnt be close. hogan has size, strength and experience. lesnar would throw everything he could at hogan just for hogan to hulk up and hit the leg drop. lesnar is nowhere near touching the legacy that hogan left behind. a hogan in his prime would be nearly unstoppable. if hogan can beat andre in a cage hed destroy brock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back