WWE Region, Providence Subregion, First Round: (12) Brock Lesnar vs. (21) Lex Luger

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Brock Lesnar

• Lex Luger

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Providence Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island.

275px-DunkinDonutsCenter1.jpg

brocklesnar_big.jpg

#12. Brock Lesnar

Vs.

180px-Starrcade-1988-Luger.jpg

#21. Lex Luger

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

No one? Really? Ok then.

The loaded forearm & Torture Rack will only get you so far against a guy like Brock. Luger is going to get tossed around like a rag doll & that is no easy feat because Luger is one of the best. Brock does not care. I have seen him manhandle guys twice his size like they were nothing. He has smeared himself in the blood of Hogan like war paint & with Heyman in his corner Brock holds victories over some big names. Rock, Undertaker, Angle, etc. They all came & they all fell.

Lesnar takes Luger down hard here. Tough draw for Lex.

Eat, Sleep, Conquer, Repeat

Brock Lesnar has man handled pretty much everyone in WWE. From Undertaker to John Cena to The Rock.

I know Lex Luger is a biggish deal. But he's up against the youngest WWE champion in history who went on to win the UFC Heavyweight Championship.

In their primes, this would be a damn good match. Power vs Power. Physique vs. Physique. Bad promos vs Bad Promos. Need I go on?

Luger's title runs where when Flair jumped ship to WWE and as a transitional champion while Hogan filmed Thunder in Paradise. Sure he beat Hogan in the process, but so did Lesnar.

Lesnar also holds wins over Undertaker, CM Punk, HHH, Angle, etc. And his athleticism isn't matched in this tourney.

Lesnar takes this one with an F5, then avenges Miss Elizabeth's death by impaling Luger on the ring post, killing him dead.

When KB heads of of town for Mania I am so using pictures of Brock with his penis tattoo. Hell I may even name him Cock Chestnar in the polls.

I don't like Brock very much. His time in the UFC really turned him off to me. Just a massive tool. That said, he is a goddamn monster. Youngest WWE champion at the time. Ran through everyone. Had he stuck to pro wrestling he would likely be a 3 or 4 seed as opposed to a 12 he had that potential. The only chance Luger has it to use that loaded forearm and catch Brock in the face with it and Cain Velazquez him, but I don't see that happening.

Brock moves on.

As Lariat pointed out, there are a lot of parallels between these two. But the fact is, everything that Luger was, Brock was better. Brock's bigger, more intimidating, was more popular, a much better worker, was arguably booked stronger, beat better competition, and has a competitive list of accomplishments despite far less time in the industry.

There were definitely guys that Luger could have given a run in the first round. Brock's not one of them.

Brock is a much newer more improved and more talented version of Lugar. Lugar had his moments in the sport, some I will never forget. Like his victory over Hogan, or his match against Windham, or even his matches against Flair.

Problem is he's facing BRAAAAAAAAAAAAACK LEZNAR! And Brock eats people like Lugar for breakfast.

Winner- Brock dominates, breaking Luger's famously injured elbow with a Kimura and making people wonder just how far Brock can go in this Tournament

This would be a great match for sure with both in their primes, and if it was anyone else I would argue on Luger's behalf. He drew Lesner though who blew through the WWE's best in his first year. Just a pure beast. Lesner moves to the second round with an F5.

Luger managed (barely) to slam Yokozuna. Brock fucking F5'd the Big Show, Mark Henry and any other guy stupid enough to get in his way.

He's basically a better version of Luger. Alot better. With amateur wrestling and legitimate fighting ability. He's one of the greatest pure athletes the business has ever seen.

Brock smashes Lex with a massive F5 and moves on.

Luger won the world championship off the nWo. Luger caused a ratings spike on Nitro when he debuted. Luger did not lose half of the biggest wrestling company in the world's audience when he was champion despite their rivals going out of business. Lesnar is a joke, and his legitimate credentials gloss over the fact that he's a terrible professional wrestler with no charisma. He won the big title and beat some big names. Luger did that too and had a lot more longevity. I've been guilty of giving Luger more shit than he deserves on here in the past, but not this time. Luger is better than Lesnar because he isn't awful.

Luger won the world championship off the nWo. Luger caused a ratings spike on Nitro when he debuted. Luger did not lose half of the biggest wrestling company in the world's audience when he was champion despite their rivals going out of business. Lesnar is a joke, and his legitimate credentials gloss over the fact that he's a terrible professional wrestler with no charisma. He won the big title and beat some big names. Luger did that too and had a lot more longevity. I've been guilty of giving Luger more shit than he deserves on here in the past, but not this time. Luger is better than Lesnar because he isn't awful.

I usually agree with a lot of what you have to say, but saying Lesnar isn't charismatic makes absolutely no sense. He is probably the most brutal, destructive heel wrestling has seen in decades. He is an absolute machine who does a fantastic job making people believe he is what he portrays.

I can see saying Lesnar vs. Luger deserves to be a third or fourth round match given how underrated Luger seems to be in this tournament, but your criticism of Lesnar seems... off.

I don't think this match would be the squash the polling seems to suggest but Lesnar would take this. Luger's a tough guy to figure. Sometimes I think he's underrated and sometimes I think he's overrated. That probably means he's rated right. Luger always seemed to be the guy a promoter would go to when the guys he really wanted weren't available. Luger was always there as a second choice or third choice. It's a better spot than a lot of guys get but not Lesnar. Lesnar came into WWE during a time when the roster was stacked and he completely dominated. Had WWE decided to bring Luger into the company in 2002 I'm sure he would have fallen to Lesnar too.

All I need to know is what I saw at the Royal Rumble live between Brock and Big Show, when Lesnar picked Show up and carried him across the ring for a good ten seconds. It may have been the most impressive feat of strength that I have ever seen, and to see it in person made it twice the marvel. Call me cynical, but I never saw very much in Luger. He was Luger freakishly strong, granted, but not nearly as athletic or accomplished of a wrestler that Lesnar is. With Luger, it seemed, it was power and more power, but if Brock couldn't overpower him, he could surely out-wrestle him. Brock came in as one of the hottest rookies the WWE has ever seen, incredibly hyped, and he lived up to it.

Luger's hype in the WWF turned out to be a bust, and he was nothing more then a transitional champion when he won his WCW World Championships. He beat a close to past-his-prime Hogan in his biggest victory, while Lesnar beat every big-name WWE star who was in their prime.

I wouldn't say this would be easy, as I think Luger could come close or even match Brock's power, but Lesnar had one of the most dominant times in professional wrestling history during his first year in the WWE. Luger bodyslammed Yokozuna, but he accomplished nothing in his tenure with the WWF. No championships, just a tie with Bret Hart to win the '94 Rumble, and he lost his title match against the very Yokozuna he bodyslammed.

i'll take Lesnar winning KOTR and the WWE Title off of Rock in his first attempt to become the youngest WWE champion in history over a bodyslam, no matter how impressive. I'd take Lesnar's F5 on Big Show over Luger's bodyslam of Yoko, in fact.

Lesnar wins this, although the margain of victory here is deceiving, Lesnar wouldn't be able to manhandle him this way. Sexy Lexy and his his Lex Express doesn't stop the Freak.

I usually agree with a lot of what you have to say, but saying Lesnar isn't charismatic makes absolutely no sense. He is probably the most brutal, destructive heel wrestling has seen in decades. He is an absolute machine who does a fantastic job making people believe he is what he portrays.

I can see saying Lesnar vs. Luger deserves to be a third or fourth round match given how underrated Luger seems to be in this tournament, but your criticism of Lesnar seems... off.

Lesnar as champion oversaw the biggest slump in ratings the WWE has ever had. He has failed to move the needle on PPV events despite demanding a huge salary. Lesnar is the biggest charlatan in the history of professional wrestling.

Lesnar and Luger have a lot of similarities. Both total power guys and neither could cut a good promo if it wasn't edited together with the touch of God. If anything Luger was better, but the biggest rat in the cess pit...

The difference is Luger is completely style over substance. There's nothing about him behind his chiseled body.

Lesnar may not care about the big picture of wrestling, and only be in it for the payday, but at least Lesnar commits to the programme when he signs up to do it. Everything he's been asked to do in the ring he does it and he does it properly so that smarks will still like him despite his lack of love for the biz. People loved his original run as a monster heel and he sold it physically. His match with Punk last year was some people's MOTY.

Basically, although Lesnar hasn't had a career the ;length of Luger's and isn't likeyl to, it's just quality over quantity.

I'm going with Lesnar. Lesnar was an absolute beast that dominated WWE. Even though his first run lasted less than 2 years, it's a run that saw him score wins over most of the biggest names in American wrestling and a lot of people still talk about it with almost a sense of awe.

Lesnar's every bit Luger's equal in terms of sheer physical strength, exceeds him in overall athletic ability and there's no doubt he's just a lot rougher. I was never all that big of a fan of Luger. He wasn't completely awful, but I never saw him as a guy who generally should've been as big of a star as he was. He had a fantastic look, he had arguably the best physique in pro wrestling history but what aided him all the more was the fact that he was surrounded by premium talent like Flair, Anderson, Blanchard & Dillon. The Horsemen were so hot and those four were so good at what they were doing that Luger's shortcomings were covered up. By the time Luger left the Horsemen and began his feud with Ric Flair, which was a pretty damn good one all in all, he was firmly set as one of the top players. Had it not been for them, I'm not sure Luger would've risen to the heights he did.

In the end, Luger always struck me as a solid mid-card champion, but I never got into him as a main eventer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back