WWE RAW 1/2/2012 - itbegins...with Punk vs. Ziggler

Saying YEAH BABY!!! over and over aren't words...??????

Saying something off mic, that 95% of the live crowd can't hear is not saying something. Getting on a mic and cutting a promo is saying something. I can't believe I just had to explain that.

If I read one more idiot say that was masterful I might lose it. It would have been masterful if it worked. He didn't get it to work so it certainly wasn't masterful. Getting significantly more cheers than boos after 10 minutes of airtime is not how you lay the groundwork for a heel turn.
Pretty much. I'm sure he's going to get cheered next week and he'll soak it up like he's Hulk Hogan.

Bored not equal invested

Quite the opposite my dear Shattered. I was bored because I was invested. If I wasn't I wouldn't have kept watching it. Think of it like a filler episode of a TV show you like when there's a big storyline going on. Nothing happens, the plot isn't advanced when damnit you want that conclusion. But it's normally a good show and next week they'll get right back on track...

And now I'm going to bed.

If I read one more idiot say that was masterful I might lose it. It would have been masterful if it worked. He didn't get it to work so it certainly wasn't masterful. Getting significantly more cheers than boos after 10 minutes of airtime is not how you lay the groundwork for a heel turn.

YES IT DID FUCKING WORK.

He was meant to change right at the last second and he did. The people in the crowd were on a hype & didn't know how the hell to react. I know for a fact that I was all happy & cheerful when Y2J came out, but man I was pissed off when he just walked on.

More people were pissed off around the world than there were that were still cheering Jericho. A few thousand people in an arena doesn't amount to all the people watching at home sitting in front of their TV's, who also have an opinion.

It worked.

I am going to be the only one who mentions it but who was Jericho's bitch?

Precisely why judgement is being reached waaaaay too soon. There's still a lot more to be explained here and the article on WWE.com has kept the part about the girl alive.

I am going to be the only one who mentions it but who was Jericho's bitch?

With out going overbord with not having enough info yet

A) the girl is a metaphor.
B) It could be Trish coming back as a heel with him
C) A heel Steph
D) They added the girl to mislead people into thinking it could be taker and Michelle

Saying something off mic, that 95% of the live crowd can't hear is not saying something. Getting on a mic and cutting a promo is saying something. I can't believe I just had to explain that.

Just saying you said he didn't utter a word.. when he did..

Undertaker/HHH didn't utter a word last year when they returned.

Thats a difference...

If Jericho got everyone to cheer him like he did tonight, then picked up the mic and called them all "Assclowns" then left he would have gotten a ton of heat from the crowd..

The whole promo hype leading up to this, to what was delivered didn't make sense.

This could have worked better for a better reaction.

Hey, guess what, it was masterful, it was genius, it was damn impressive. He got boos. Yes, he got cheered mostly, because it was the first time we have seen him in a while, and people were happy to see him, but by the end of the segment, he did get some boos, and if he does this again next week, he will get more boos, and when he finally cuts a promo, he will get more boos. Getting people to boo you, enough people in order for the boos to be clearly audible, after giving you a huge pop, is indeed laying the groundwork for a heel turn.

Yeah he better have an explanation. I'll be curious to hear it next week.

I will be curious to hear it too. Not to be overly analytical or too literal with the videos, but there has to be some reference to a female, doesn't there? There was a girl prominently featured in most of the videos. Even tonight, he will appear when she says so. That needs at least some explanation. And the videos all seemed heel-ish to me, so I think after the initial face reaction to a return after a lengthy absence, he has to go heel or the videos make no sense at all.

I'm not buying the whole idea, though, that tonight was a success because he drew some boos without saying a word, or that this was the beginning only of the storyline. Tonight simply did not deliver. Sure, some people will tune in next week for answers, bit most of them were tuning in anyway. Some people may also choose to not tune in due to dissatisfaction with the reveal.

Predictable idiocy from you.

It's not about scale. It's about the fact that the number of people talking about an event is not proportional to how good it was, a point that is apparently lost on you.

The point wasn't lost on me. I got where you were coming from but you're still wrong. Somebody else already explained it to you but I see you didn't try to refute them. Why don't you hop off my dick and go fuck yourself ;)

Thats a difference...

If Jericho got everyone to cheer him like he did tonight, then picked up the mic and called them all "Assclowns" then left he would have gotten a ton of heat from the crowd..

The whole promo hype leading up to this, to what was delivered didn't make sense.

I have been saying that in my past 5 posts

Thats a difference...

First, great job of nitpicking. Very nicely done. You almost got me feeling annoyed :p

Secondly, the point of the segment tonight was not to garner MEGA heat. The point of the segment tonight was to 1: get people to just start to dislike and get annoyed with him, so over the next three months until Mania, he can start to slowly build up heat, and 2: Get people watching next week, wondering what he is going to say, and who the girl in the promo was, etc... The segment succeeded on both those counts, and so it worked.

I will be curious to hear it too. Not to be overly analytical or too literal with the videos, but there has to be some reference to a female, doesn't there? There was a girl prominently featured in most of the videos. Even tonight, he will appear when she says so. That needs at least some explanation. And the videos all seemed heel-ish to me, so I think after the initial face reaction to a return after a lengthy absence, he has to go heel or the videos make no sense at all.

I'm not buying the whole idea, though, that tonight was a success because he drew some boos without saying a word, or that this was the beginning only of the storyline. Tonight simply did not deliver. Sure, some people will tune in next week for answers, bit most of them were tuning in anyway. Some people may also choose to not tune in due to dissatisfaction with the reveal.

Forget the videos, forget the girl. It is all one big WORK. We all bought in that this was about WWE trying to create something huge and WWE altering but in the end it is about the largest force in the universe, Chris Jericho's EGO.

We are all giant schmucks and deserve to sit through a 10 minute lame segment with no pay off. Let the videos go and know that Jericho is making us all look like giant ass clowns.

Fuck Jericho anyway. I'm glad he was put in a filler spot because nobody would want to tune in next week if he were the center of the show. Good thing Cena was right there to both open and close the show. So reliable, so manly.

With out going overbord with not having enough info yet

A) the girl is a metaphor.
B) It could be Trish coming back as a heel with him
C) A heel Steph
D) They added the girl to mislead people into thinking it could be taker and Michelle

The girl is CM Punk. Someone broke it down at another website.

These videos are hyping a potential WM28 feud between CM Punk and Chris Jericho and here's why: In the video the little boy is representing Jericho and the little girl is representing Punk. Keep this in mind throughout my explanation. Notice, how the little boy continues to write in his notebook and the little girl keeps trying to look at what he is writing. Once the boy goes into the corner (Jericho's time off from WWE), The girl tries to do the work herself, but can't come up with anything. Keep in mind that she looked at the boy's notebook and this is implying that she has stolen the boy's work, which represents Jericho going to come back and claim that Punk is a fraud and has stolen his ideas and gimmick and what not. Also the ball in the video represents Jericho "dropping the ball" by leaving and Punk "taking the ball and running with it". The ball belonged to the boy and the girl took. At the end the girl, is standing in the spotlight and the boy is in the dark with his head down indicating that we have forgotten about Jericho and that Punk is the new guy we all know and love. This will lead to WM match with Punk and Jericho. Look within the video not what the kid is saying....

Because you go into it expecting to hate it. You and shattered can deny it all you want, but any time either of you watch WWE, you go into it believing WWE is shit and will fuck everything up, just like I can watch TNA believing it is shit and they will fuck everything up.

False. I go in hoping to find something I like again. I did. Cody Rhodes. Problem is, it's not enough for me to continue watching. I won't sit through 90% of a show I hate for the chance of 10% I might enjoy.

False. I go in hoping to find something I like again. I did. Cody Rhodes. Problem is, it's not enough for me to continue watching. I won't sit through 90% of a show I hate for the chance of 10% I might enjoy.

Well FYI, Cody is featured way more prominently on Smackdown. He has a title defense against Booker this week.

Also, you're not a fan of Ziggler? I'm not either, but he seemed like the kind of guy that would be right up your alley.

Next week, Jericho will be there with a "Look at yourself" Promo. Telling them how all he had to do was come out, rile them and they'd cheer for him, exactly like CM Punk. This should hopefully kickstart things into action.

If it wasn't for the boy in that video saying "Now", I'd have believed that the "End Begins" would've been related to something else in the show. But the fact he said "Now" means it's Jericho-related, we just need to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back