WWE RAW 1/2/2012 - itbegins...with Punk vs. Ziggler

What kind of smarmy egotist shows up to soak up ten minutes of adulation and then leave? Even Dwayne has the decency to speak to us.

Oh, and his coat was ugly.

Actually thinking about it some people have a point the Jericho thing will lead somewhere it may be shit BUT it may be amazing lets just give it a little time and then judge it if it turns out shit then fire away and i will join. Anyway i am more angry about how shit the episode was then Jericho's return at least he is back i guess.

That was a terrible segment, plain and simple. Not because we as the IWC are being impatient. Not because all questions weren't instantly answered in one ten minute segment. But simply because nothing happened at all. I understand the concept of getting people to tune in next week, and I understand that is wrong to jump the gun and criticize the angle before it all plays out. But you can't hype something for a month and a half, only to have it play out tonight with a guy prancing around the ring and smiling without saying a word.

The thing that got me was that the videos were dark, eerie, talked about the end of the world and wreaking justice upon others, and this type of stuff. Not consistent at all with what we got. At least so far.

Not true Thryle. I only watch if there is something I think I might like. If you know you won't like something why waste your time? This is why I usually do not waste my time with RAW.

Not true Thryle. I only watch if there is something I think I might like. If you know you won't like something why waste your time? This is why I usually do not waste my time with RAW.

When was one time you enjoyed something you saw on Raw? Probably never, because you are so convinced that everything WWE is does is shit that you won't allow yourself to enjoy any of it.

But you can't hype something for a month and a half, only to have it play out tonight with a guy prancing around the ring and smiling without saying a word.
I agree. They hyped that return as much as they did Kizarny. I expected better.

Exactly, and on another note, let's not forget that we still have 3 months until Mania. That is 3 months to turn Jericho heel. So he didn't go full heel, or full face tonight, he was just confusing, and some people will cheer next week, but some will also boo. Good, it is a slow heel turn. So he didn't answer all the questions about the promos tonight. That will just mean that we will watch next week to see what happens next.

There is nothing slow about that, he left a heel and came back a fake face and made it very clear at the end of that segment he is a heel.

Again, frosted tips = heel.

I guess my indifference to Jericho is working in my favor this time. I never thought he was all that great in the first place and the idea of him coming out and cutting another promo with little to no meaning like he has the past 2 times he's done this didn't exactly tickle me pink. So when he comes out and *gasps* does something different, I'm actually intrigued. :shrug:

That was a terrible segment, plain and simple. Not because we as the IWC are being impatient. Not because all questions weren't instantly answered in one ten minute segment. But simply because nothing happened at all. I understand the concept of getting people to tune in next week, and I understand that is wrong to jump the gun and criticize the angle before it all plays out. But you can't hype something for a month and a half, only to have it play out tonight with a guy prancing around the ring and smiling without saying a word.

The thing that got me was that the videos were dark, eerie, talked about the end of the world and wreaking justice upon others, and this type of stuff. Not consistent at all with what we got. At least so far.

Well, why can't you have it play out by not saying a word? It might just be me, but if you want sinister, as Jericho was about to go into the back, he looked back at the crowd and the camera showed his face, a smiling face that could be seen as mischievous.

The last time I watched raw I liked the only match I watched. That was a couple of weeks ago. It isn't bias, it is preference. All I am convinced is that for the most part I don't prefer the style wwe uses.

What kind of smarmy egotist shows up to soak up ten minutes of adulation and then leave? Even Dwayne has the decency to speak to us.

Oh, and his coat was ugly.

His coat was nice. I liked the bulbs. Although, they weren't energy efficient. LED bulbs produce 4x less emissions than conventional bulbs. Maybe that's what Jericho was talking about with the end of the world as we know it. Holy shit.

R-Truth was a beacon of light in an otherwise seemingly limitless cavern of dark despair.

Bacon? D'you say bacon?

Eh, you people are fickle.

Pickle? D'you say pickle?

I hope Brodus Clay never debuts and he becomes an urban legend like cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch.

Olives? D'you say Olives?
Brunch? D'you say brunch?

There is nothing slow about that, he left a heel and came back a fake face and made it very clear at the end of that segment he is a heel.

Again, frosted tips = heel.

Well, I know that, I have been saying it all night. However, to try and reach a happy medium I will say at the very least that he wasn't heel or face tonight, and at the end he was both booed and cheered, and he was just confusing, which will get people watching next week, where he will hopefully make it 100% clear that he is a heel.

If nothing else, the segment was effective. It got Jericho booed, people arguing about it and me to feel every emotion from sheer excitement to boredom and confusion.

i am pissed that they hyped someones return and jericho returns and crap happened the last time i was this pissed at wwe was 2/21/11 when undertaker returned then hhh and the same thing happened

Something different doesn't make it good when that something different clearly fails at what it intended to do.

And what the fuck was it intended to do? Tell me, oh wise one who has been so emphatically wrong so many times, how the hell do you know what it was supposed to do?

It didn't get Jericho booed and why is going from excited to bored a positive?

How anyone was confused by that segment I just don't get. It was obvious what was going on. The only reasons some people are confused are the reasons it want good. Those being it didn't succeed and it didn't fit the build. Thus, it doesn't interest you in next week, it just reminds me of what I dislike about the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back