WWE Network (How do they deal with the elephant in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrestlezone.com is a disgrace if they allow comments like the one shown above to stand. The First Amendment validates the right to free speech; Wrestlezone.com has the free speech right to take such inflammatory posts down. Please Wrestlezone.com, do what is right and act like a mainstream media site. Thank you.

Does your vagina hurt that bad? People like you are the reason why wrestling isn't as good as it once was. Hell some of my posts back in the day would have given you a heart attack if you consider something like this "inflammatory".

Well I figure they could just have Hunico play Chris Benoit in all of the old footage. Lol. But I was really wondering about this as well. Seems like the majority of people are saying that everything will be untouched barring Owen's fall. What I'm wondering about, is whether or not it will evolve to the point where Raw starts to air only on the WWE network allowing them to get away with more things.

Does your vagina hurt that bad? People like you are the reason why wrestling isn't as good as it once was. Hell some of my posts back in the day would have given you a heart attack if you consider something like this "inflammatory".

So... you're suggesting that calling someone a "****e" is not "inflammatory"?

Are you unaware of what "inflammatory" means?

And really, you really think people who would get offended at your prior posts (such as "it's a-okay to kill someone who cheats on you")? Really? That's why wrestling isn't as good?

Wow.

So... you're suggesting that calling someone a "****e" is not "inflammatory"?

Are you unaware of what "inflammatory" means?

And really, you really think people who would get offended at your prior posts (such as "it's a-okay to kill someone who cheats on you")? Really? That's why wrestling isn't as good?

Wow.

Yeah, the *****fication of America, which causes someone to be offended by something someone writes online about someone they've never met has directly contributed to the decline of an enjoyable wrestling product.

If I say "Johnny Depp is a douche" and a person (outside of Depp) is offended, then there is a definite case of sore vagina going on. Now, if I were to say "DarksideEric is a douche" I could at least see why you could find reason to be offended, while still thinking it is still pretty ******ed to be offended by something someone says online.

If I called your mother a ****e, I could see you being up in arms. Me calling a cheating woman, whom you've most likely never met or had any contact with, a ****e I cannot even begin to fathom why it would bother you in the slightest.

Yeah, the *****fication of America, which causes someone to be offended by something someone writes online about someone they've never met has directly contributed to the decline of an enjoyable wrestling product.

If I say "Johnny Depp is a douche" and a person (outside of Depp) is offended, then there is a definite case of sore vagina going on. Now, if I were to say "DarksideEric is a douche" I could at least see why you could find reason to be offended, while still thinking it is still pretty ******ed to be offended by something someone says online.

If I called your mother a ****e, I could see you being up in arms. Me calling a cheating woman, whom you've most likely never met or had any contact with, a ****e I cannot even begin to fathom why it would bother you in the slightest.

TIL People thinking you calling someone not only a ****e, but it also "okay" to kill said "****e" is the direct reason why wrestling's quality is not as good as it used to be.

TIAL That during the 90s, especially the late 90s during the "Attitude Era", people would have been totally okay with someone being called a "****e" online. Totally okay.

Because people never got up in arms about Princess Diana being called a "****e" in '97.

No one ever called Notorious B.I.G. any racial slurs online in '97 either, apparently.

No one had anything bad to say about Phil Hartman or James Earl Ray online in '98, so sir'ee.

Wow.

TIL People thinking you calling someone not only a ****e, but it also "okay" to kill said "****e" is the direct reason why wrestling's quality is not as good as it used to be.

TIAL That during the 90s, especially the late 90s during the "Attitude Era", people would have been totally okay with someone being called a "****e" online. Totally okay.

Because people never got up in arms about Princess Diana being called a "****e" in '97.

No one ever called Notorious B.I.G. any racial slurs online in '97 either, apparently.

No one had anything bad to say about Phil Hartman or James Earl Ray online in '98, so sir'ee.

Wow.
You're kind of going in circles in your own post. People called Diana a ****e, people called Big plenty of slurs, and Hartman was the butt of many jokes. The difference was, people online didn't get all butt hurt every time someone said it.

Did you not see the post I was replying to? It was the epitome of the politically correct BS that's caused a decline in not only wrestling, but the country as a whole.

People just don't have thick skins anymore and feel personally insulted by every thing that goes against their indoctrination.

I wonder if the OP even watched the previews and news on the Network that has been readily available for the past few weeks.

The content will be unedited and all shows will contain classification warnings ranging from PG to TV14 and even MA15. I'm sure in the event of Owen's Harts death that will be edited out, there's a limit to what should be and shouldn't be edited and that is 1 case that it should not be included besides the fact the match never happened anyway.

But Benoit will still be there as will the mostly unedited PPV's in there original form. It's not a public performance that is forced on you if you watch general paytv or freetoair, you are paying specifically to watch that content and nothing else so it's buyer be ware.

Not sure about the music tho that may still be edited to generic crap to avoid having to pay any royalties especially given the cost at which they are giving it to everyone. The logo censorship and references, The lawsuit was only ever a restriction of the use of the WWF initials, website domanin in the UK, which they broke when they held WWF Insurrextion PPV hosted in the UK, not sure why any of the PPV's prior to that were not a major issue, regardless instead of paying out a settlement to the World Wildlife Fund, Vince merely changed the whole company from World Wrestling Federation Entertainment to WWE and World Wrestling Entertainment. That lawsuit has since been scrapped by the courts and a new agreement signed which continues to only restrict the use of the WWF scratch logo from the early attitude era and references to WWF initials and still only within the UK.

Anyway, what that all means is they can show pretty much whatever they want as it's on demand nnoone can view it without intentionally paying to access the content, not essentially free to view as part of a generic cable plan or TV plan relying on the cable/tv providers to tell WWE what they can and can't show it's upto the subscriber to make up there own mind...

Pitty it's irrelevant to anyone outside of the US, the rest of the world has to wait the better part of a year b4 the network is available unless you spoof your IP address and provide a US source of currency..

You're kind of going in circles in your own post. People called Diana a ****e, people called Big plenty of slurs, and Hartman was the butt of many jokes. The difference was, people online didn't get all butt hurt every time someone said it.

What internet were you watching?

Did you not see the post I was replying to? It was the epitome of the politically correct BS that's caused a decline in not only wrestling, but the country as a whole.

I saw the post. I've also seen your posts. Your posts are indeed the definition of "inflammatory." You just have to actually know and understand what "inflammatory" actually means.

People just don't have thick skins anymore and feel personally insulted by every thing that goes against their indoctrination.

Welcome to the internet, it's been going on since like... '95.

Now get back on topic of the WWE Network. You've wasted enough time being a douche.

What internet were you watching?

I saw the post. I've also seen your posts. Your posts are indeed the definition of "inflammatory." You just have to actually know and understand what "inflammatory" actually means.

Welcome to the internet, it's been going on since like... '95.

Now get back on topic of the WWE Network. You've wasted enough time being a douche.
Inflammatory: To inflame. Not rocket science. If you didn't see the crap about Diana, Big, Tupac, or the rest of the dead celebs, you must have been too young to be on the same sites I was. I've been "online" since the bulletin board days where anything that possibly could have been said, was said. I just don't understand how someone can be "inflamed" by comments made by a stranger directed to a stranger. It does not make a bit of sense to me.

I was on topic, up until certain posters got sand in their vag and decided my comments about a ****e needed further discussion. The elephant in the room was Benoit and I was attempting to demonstrate why Benoit should never have been taboo in the first place. The posters who got upset honestly did me a favor by showing just what type of people got on Vince's case about Benoit in the first place.

Inflammatory: To inflame. Not rocket science. If you didn't see the crap about Diana, Big, Tupac, or the rest of the dead celebs, you must have been too young to be on the same sites I was. I've been "online" since the bulletin board days where anything that possibly could have been said, was said. I just don't understand how someone can be "inflamed" by comments made by a stranger directed to a stranger. It does not make a bit of sense to me.

I was on topic, up until certain posters got sand in their vag and decided my comments about a ****e needed further discussion. The elephant in the room was Benoit and I was attempting to demonstrate why Benoit should never have been taboo in the first place. The posters who got upset honestly did me a favor by showing just what type of people got on Vince's case about Benoit in the first place.

What the hell kind of dictionary do you use?

Inflammatory.

adjective
tending to arouse anger, hostility, passion, etc.: inflammatory speeches.

"Benoit should never have been taboo in the first place."

Right.

Killers are often never, ever, taboo in the history of humans.

What the hell kind of dictionary do you use?

Inflammatory.

"Benoit should never have been taboo in the first place."

Right.

Killers are often never, ever, taboo in the history of humans.

Inflammatory: : tending to inflame or excite the senses

Don't see people boycotting ESPN for showing game clips of Aaron Hernandez. Didn't see people boycotting the Ravens for continuing to employ Ray Lewis nor when they signed Stallworth after his manslaughter charge.

What about ESPN classics showing a game with OJ in it?

What made this killing any different than the rest of them?

Inflammatory: : tending to inflame or excite the senses

Please stop cheery picking definitions. The definition you are attempting to use as a counter argument doesn't even fit into the context of the discussion. Don't be a dolt.

Don't see people boycotting ESPN for showing game clips of Aaron Hernandez. Didn't see people boycotting the Ravens for continuing to employ Ray Lewis nor when they signed Stallworth after his manslaughter charge.

What about ESPN classics showing a game with OJ in it?

What made this killing any different than the rest of them?

You do however have things like the MLB Hall of Fame refusing to allow Pete Rose in, and what he did was no where near murder.

Different companies handle things differently. Imagine that.

I imagine WWE boycotted Benoit for the following reasons:

They did a tribute show without knowing the details, thus we had 2+ hours of people crying about a murderer, on national television.

Benoit's case was extremely public. Extremely.

Reason one by itself could be grounds for Vince to quietly put Benoit away. Not to mention all three of your mentioned offenders didn't commit suicide, so they can actually seek redemption in the public eye.

Tony Perkins would be ashamed of CINOs like you. Claim to hate the *****fication but become complete raging vags when other complain about your views. Ugh, I remember back in the good old days when people weren't so uptight that they became total ***** about other people bitching on the internet. I guess I shouldn't be surprised from the guy who is clamoring for Billy and Chuck uncut.

Tony Perkins would be ashamed of CINOs like you. Claim to hate the *****fication but become complete raging vags when other complain about your views. Ugh, I remember back in the good old days when people weren't so uptight that they became total ***** about other people bitching on the internet. I guess I shouldn't be surprised from the guy who is clamoring for Billy and Chuck uncut.

I don't care about people complaining about my views. I welcome open debate on any topic. It was the lobbying for censorship that drew my ire.

Don't think I've mentioned Billy or Chuck, nor was I a fan whatsoever of the gay crap being shown on television.
darksideeric said:
You do however have things like the MLB Hall of Fame refusing to allow Pete Rose in, and what he did was no where near murder.

Different companies handle things differently. Imagine that.

I imagine WWE boycotted Benoit for the following reasons:

They did a tribute show without knowing the details, thus we had 2+ hours of people crying about a murderer, on national television.

Benoit's case was extremely public. Extremely.

Reason one by itself could be grounds for Vince to quietly put Benoit away. Not to mention all three of your mentioned offenders didn't commit suicide, so they can actually seek redemption in the public eye.
MLB does not control Cooperstown. Cooperstown might not allow Rose in, but MLB classics has certainly shown plenty of games where he coaches and played. I never said Benoit had to be in the HOF, but I did find it ridiculous that they attempted to make it look like he never existed. Also, in terms of actual impact on the sport, what Pete Rose did was much worse than murder. A rule 21 violation in baseball is by far the absolute worse thing anyone involved in the sport can commit. MLB didn't even do that to the Black Sox and they damn near destroyed the sport. Everyone of the cases I mentioned were public, with OJ easily being a much bigger news story than Benoit. Benoit committing suicide should have nothing to do with the argument, as numerous people who have offed themselves have even been inducted into WWE's hall of fame.

Vince didn't quietly put Benoit away. He very publicly erased a World Champion and his legacy. What he did that day in 2007 did not change the fact that he beat HHH and HBK in the main event of Wrestlemania 20 for the World Title.

MLB does not control Cooperstown. Cooperstown might not allow Rose in, but MLB classics has certainly shown plenty of games where he coaches and played. I never said Benoit had to be in the HOF, but I did find it ridiculous that they attempted to make it look like he never existed. Also, in terms of actual impact on the sport, what Pete Rose did was much worse than murder. A rule 21 violation in baseball is by far the absolute worse thing anyone involved in the sport can commit. MLB didn't even do that to the Black Sox and they damn near destroyed the sport. Everyone of the cases I mentioned were public, with OJ easily being a much bigger news story than Benoit. Benoit committing suicide should have nothing to do with the argument, as numerous people who have offed themselves have even been inducted into WWE's hall of fame.

Vince didn't quietly put Benoit away. He very publicly erased a World Champion and his legacy. What he did that day in 2007 did not change the fact that he beat HHH and HBK in the main event of Wrestlemania 20 for the World Title.

As expected...

The Point <---

Your head <---

Pete Rose is being kept out of the Hall of Fame for something bad he did.

What Benoit did was abhorrent, completely and fully, and he did it while he was part of the company. There is no way what Pete Rose did was worse than what Benoit did. If you claim that such is incorrect, you're lying to yourself just to try and win this debate.

OJ didn't still play for an NFL team when he was on national trial. OJ didn't commit his crime while he was still an active member of the sport. Benoit did. Therefore it brought the looking glass closer to wrestling, especially since much of what Benoit did could be argued as being done due to all the damage he suffered during wrestling.

Benoit committing suicide is basically the last straw atop the camel's back. It makes it easier to sweep him beneath the rug since he is no longer around.

Nothing changes the fact of what Benoit did in the history of wrestling, what does change though is whether or not people view it as morally and ethically correct to honor him by keeping his presence known.

WWE has said the content will be unedited. They have said Benoit will be shown. I'm sure they will blur out the handful of times a woman's nipple may have been exposed on tv. Does that bother anybody? It really shouldn't. This thread will now be closed mostly thanks to the off topic ramblings of Kliq69.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back