WWE Extreme Rules: WWE Raw Women's Championship Kendo Stick On A Pole Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Bayley gets her rematch against Alexa Bliss in a Kendo Stick on a Pole Match at Extreme Rules. I've never been wild about the object on a pole matches as the entire time is spent with one wrestler trying to keep the other wrestler from getting to the object to use it. However, it is something a little different and it's cool to see the women involved in some sort of no DQ type of situation.

While I haven't been blown away by her in the ring, Alexa Bliss is loaded with personality and cuts some of the best promos going. Bayley is in something of a quandary because the problem with an underdog is that you can't stay an underdog forever, which means she eventually will have to evolve into something that's more than just the hugger. At the same time, however, it's what brought her to the dance and it's a money maker for WWE. WWE, in my opinion, pushed Bayley to the title much too soon as it should've been a long build up.

At any rate, I look for Little Miss Bliss to retain the title at Extreme Rules.

There is a blonde white female that cuts better promos, gets better reactions, and actually has had more than zero good matches and several greats. It's kind of depressing to see Banks, Fox, Bayley, or even James really under someone who can't wrestle to any degree. It's whatever. Banks somehow became a jobber. Fox is kind of a meme at this point. Bayley and James have been decimated by creative. Womens wrestling sucks in a company that doesn't like pro-wrestling let alone women's pro-wrestling. Alexa is marketable to their fans who don't like pro-wrestling, and more sports entertainment. I'd say this is going to be interesting, but she couldn't be carried by Becky through a normal match let alone a Tables / Cage match. I guess if she was okay in the ring it'd be one thing, but she's never had a single match on caliber with at least 5 other women on the main roster. Don't really care. It matters less than the cruiserweight title with 10x the promotion.

There is a blonde white female that cuts better promos, gets better reactions, and actually has had more than zero good matches and several greats. It's kind of depressing to see Banks, Fox, Bayley, or even James really under someone who can't wrestle to any degree. It's whatever. Banks somehow became a jobber. Fox is kind of a meme at this point. Bayley and James have been decimated by creative. Womens wrestling sucks in a company that doesn't like pro-wrestling let alone women's pro-wrestling. Alexa is marketable to their fans who don't like pro-wrestling, and more sports entertainment. I'd say this is going to be interesting, but she couldn't be carried by Becky through a normal match let alone a Tables / Cage match. I guess if she was okay in the ring it'd be one thing, but she's never had a single match on caliber with at least 5 other women on the main roster. Don't really care. It matters less than the cruiserweight title with 10x the promotion.
I really wonder why you don't like even a bit of Alexa Bliss. The booking of Sasha Banks, Mickie James and Bayley is questionable but that doesn't make Bliss a bad worker by any means. Of course, she isn't on the level of Charlotte, Sasha etc but she's a good heel who'll make you boo her regardless of you liking her or even loving her.

As for the match, Alexa Bliss retains as it's too soon to give the title back to Bayley. Also, WWE really needs to reset Bayley on the main roster. Her booking hasn't done her any favours. Rather, it has affected her performance badly.

Bayley is horrible in front of a major crowd. She stumbles with her words and can barely put together a sentence. Her crowd reactions have decreased steadily since coming onto the main roster and her horrible mic work, which has been called out by WWE legends like Booker T, has taken her legs out from under her as a top talent.

Alexa Bliss is a freaking star. Banks gets hurt way too often in the big moments, Bayley can't handle big crowds, Mickie James is old and none of the other women on Raw really matter at this point. Bliss is the star. Can she wrestle? Meh. It doesn't matter because she can talk and when she is in the ring you get the feeling that she can actually work the crowd. She has been wonderful on the mic and has stolen the spotlight from Bayley and any other woman she has been in the ring with.

Some of these other women can do flips but Alexa can talk and that is so much more important in WWE. The last big female talent they had was Trish Stratus. They love a white girl with blonde hair. Alexa is your next female star. You all thought it was Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte or Becky but meanwhile Alexa Bliss has stolen the spotlight. She can talk, she can handle the big crowds and her role as the heel has been wonderful. Her reactions have increased while everyone else has decreased.

Make no mistake about it. Alexa Bliss is the chosen one and all these other NXT girls have just been passed over.

Did someone let Vince Russo in to book this women's match?

The title alone of it sounds ridiculous already.

Like something out of wcw 2000.

That being said, I'm sure Vinny RU would have brought page back and pushed her to the moon with all kinds of pole, matches.

It looks like Sasha is being given the losing streak, that will justify the heel turn later.

Bayley was doomed the moment she won the Women's Championship. Fans have just woke up from the hot potato between Charlotte and Sasha, and just 1 and a half month after that, Charlotte loses the belt to Bayley, on RAW. I don't know who thought it would have a been a good idea to have Bayley, a fresh face underdog, defend the title at Wrestlemania. Charlotte's reign and PPV streak should have both ended at Wrestlemania, in the fatal-4-way where either Bayley or Sasha should have won. or maybe neither of those women, since WWE isn't all so much behind them.

I always thought Sasha was going to be the big face of the division and I never understood why she didn't become that face. WWE might know better than me though. And yeah, Bayley is just bad on the mic.

Things where moving great for both divisions until January. Both RAW and SD had so much momentum and then suddently it all went away. Bayley becomes champ out of nowhere, Mickie-Bliss didn't lead anywhere, Becky and Sasha were just, lost. On top of that they give Naomi the belt, again out of nowhere. Somone really fucked this up and now, it's post Wrestlemania season and instead of riding the previous momentum, we're back on zero ground, trying to rebuild Bayley, trying to make Sasha a heel because she was so bad at being a face (sarcasm). SD is doing steady steps, but it could have been better.

To the match, Bliss should retain, but judging from the fact that I see no other big women babyfaces on RAW, I wouldn't be surprised if Bayley won, again. Maybe they're turning Nia Jax.
Then again, this whole deal will leave Sasha and Bayley wingless.

Then again, Alexa is great, at least on the mic. The ring work will come, she's what, 24? But I agree with the fact that they kinda pulled the trigger early with her.

A "Meh" type of match. But I can't blame either of the wrestlers. You expect a 6-minute match to be good? Both are talented wrestlers. Bayley is totally ruined, thanks Vince. Alexa Bliss is rocking and totally out shining Bayley.

Anyone who wants to learn to fail an underdog totally should ask Vince. He's too good at it.

Waiting for a feud between Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss.

A "Meh" type of match. But I can't blame either of the wrestlers. You expect a 6-minute match to be good? Both are talented wrestlers. Bayley is totally ruined, thanks Vince. Alexa Bliss is rocking and totally out shining Bayley.

Anyone who wants to learn to fail an underdog totally should ask Vince. He's too good at it.

Waiting for a feud between Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss.

I grew up watching chicks in AJPW and the current line in stardom on the daily recent regular. It's just a very noticeable drop in talent and ability. As soon as Alexa has one good match I won't talk bad about her. Just one. I never watched the sports entertainment thing growing up, and although it got me back into pro-wrestling I just remember why I loved other stuff shown to me to begin with. If you took everything I disliked about sports entertainment and rolled it into a ball you'd get Alexa Bliss.

It's not like I don't recognize her value or anything. I supported her winning the Smackdown title on her first reign. Look at her shirt sales, and the amount of signs she gets at every RAW.

Just isn't for me, and that's totally fine. She has had awful feuds and hasn't given me anything to want to invest in her. I don't pin that entirely on her though. Becky & Bayley both can't cut a decent promo, and despite their high in ring ability they can't carry her above "Meh". Sasha would be great, because she can carry and actually cut a promo. Really just waiting for that feud where Alexa shines the brightest. Until then, skip. skip. skip.

They really don't like Bayley anymore, do they? They've done a very efficient job of making me not care either.

I grew up watching chicks in AJPW and the current line in stardom on the daily recent regular. It's just a very noticeable drop in talent and ability. As soon as Alexa has one good match I won't talk bad about her. Just one. I never watched the sports entertainment thing growing up, and although it got me back into pro-wrestling I just remember why I loved other stuff shown to me to begin with. If you took everything I disliked about sports entertainment and rolled it into a ball you'd get Alexa Bliss.

It's not like I don't recognize her value or anything. I supported her winning the Smackdown title on her first reign. Look at her shirt sales, and the amount of signs she gets at every RAW.

Just isn't for me, and that's totally fine. She has had awful feuds and hasn't given me anything to want to invest in her. I don't pin that entirely on her though. Becky & Bayley both can't cut a decent promo, and despite their high in ring ability they can't carry her above "Meh". Sasha would be great, because she can carry and actually cut a promo. Really just waiting for that feud where Alexa shines the brightest. Until then, skip. skip. skip.
Did you see the tables match between Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch? I found it a good match. Not great or classic but good.

But I can understand why someone doesn't like Alexa. Her wrestling is her weakness but her mic skills and her character sort of hides it.

I'll make my decision when she faces either Sasha or Charlotte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back