WWE Extreme Rules - Vacant WHC - Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Ladder Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both titles can't be on Raw, I don't even think there has ever been a time where that has ever happened. Christian does win Sunday, but I don't know if they can keep this one very interesting. Christian, one of the kings of ladder matches vs Alberto Del Rio, which is more in my eyes a powerful kind of guy and not really that high flying action. I know, I know, Christian is older, but I believe they do push him Sunday at Extreme Rules and we some more amazing footage from him.

I would be awfully disappointed if Christian doesnt win tho, after all he does deserve to become a world champion. He works his arse off everytime he is in the ring and should be rewarded with championship gold.

Yeah its to predictable. I hated the fact that cena got drafted and re drafted what was the point? Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me about who had the belt but I was hoping for the belts themselves to change brands. The WHC is just nicer compared to the ugly WWE belt. Hopefully, we will see the Long Island Iced Z Zack Ryder to SD in the supplemental draft and replaces Morrison and take the WWE title to SD (I can dream right).

Jomo could easily be drafted to SD! Surprizing win at ER and bring the WWE title to the blue brand with Del Rio bringinh the WHC to RAW.

I don't think anything is guaranteed at this point. In fact, the more obvious it seems that Christian will win the title, the less likely I believe it is to happen. And right now, it's seeming a little TOO obvious.

Really, almost anything could still happen. There's really no reason why the WWE couldn't have both titles on RAW for a month or so, before having one head back to Smackdown at the next ppv. Del Rio could also easily be moved into a champion vs champion feud with John Cena. Or as someone else mentioned, Morrison could also win and be drafted to SD in the supplemental draft. Alternately, with the roster divisions being less concrete in recent years, an inter-brand feud is a very real possibility.

Personally, I want Christian to win badly. I think he was (prior to Randy Orton's trade) the most over face on Smackdown, and he is IMO the most deserving superstar in the WWE for a main event run. However, if he wins, who will he feud against? With the loss of Del Rio, there is now no major heel on Smackdown. Previously untested midcard heels like Barrett or Rhodes would have to be elevated to the main event to feud with Christian, who would himself be an untested main eventer. And I think that's far less likely to happen than an interbrand feud, or a month of both titles being on Raw before Randy Orton can somehow bring one back to Smackdown.

There's been a time or two after a draft where one program had both WWE and WHC titles. It wasn't for very long. Usually the two or three weeks till the next PPV in a very awkward feud/angle. I think Christian will take the WHC and Orton will become the new top heel in SD!

Both titles can't be on Raw, I don't even think there has ever been a time where that has ever happened.

2005. Back when the Draft wasn't just one night. Cena was drafted on the first night. They even had enough time to build up his triple threat PPV match AND Batista's HIAC match at the same PPV, on the SAME BRAND.

Idk if you can give Christian a 100% guarantee win. You know that the WWE loves to throw curve balls. One thing is for certain, and that we will for sure have a first time World Champion this Sunday.

Are you guys just completely forgetting this little feud between John Morrison and R-Truth right now? If John Morrison gets drafted to Smackdown! tomorrow, what the hell was the point of these past two weeks? John Morrison takes R-Truth's spot, R-Truth attacks him, and now Morrison attacks him...that's it? I seriously doubt it. And I'm pretty sure if they were going to draft Morrison, they would have done it tonight. I think a draft of a guy who's in the WWE Championship match is more important then a draft of Mark Henry or Sin Cara. If he does get drafted, it would be completely pointless. So here's hoping for that not happening.

As for Christian winning the World Championship, I have to agree. The odds of them having both belts on RAW is slim. Considering the draft just ended, there wouldn't be any chance of a champion just being traded. Christian will walk away with the belt come Sunday, unless they have some weird booking coming up. Maybe if Alberto Del Rio wins, they'll have some kind of mixed promotion match for the belt? That alone seems sloppy as well. The smartest thing to do would be to put the belt on Christian. If that doesn't work out, they have Randy Orton to take the belt until they figure something else out. I just feel like double booking the belts on RAW would be confusing.

things would of been more interesting if there was a money in the bank match at mania cause then there could of been alot of suspence going into extreme rules. wwe droped the ball on that one

From an unpredictability stand point, ADR winning the title and coming to RAW would be a nice change of pace. Maybe even Miz vs ADR in a unification match? Even more unpredictable would be JoMo being sent over in the supplemental draft and beating Cena and the Miz. Personally I have been a peep for a long time. I love Christian and would really like to the WHC around his waist. Its a shame there is not a Money In The Back briefcase being held by someone right now, that would be nice as well.

Jomo could easily be drafted to SD! Surprizing win at ER and bring the WWE title to the blue brand with Del Rio bringinh the WHC to RAW.

OMG i love this idea!!

But will it happen?

I would think JoMo would have gotten drafted during the main draft right?

Idkk..

But this would be great and i would much prefer Jomo as champion that christian..

Plus switching the titles as always made things different for the next year.

YES!!! Christian will, and rightfully should hold championship gold after this Sunday at extreme rules. At some point before Summerslam Cena will take the WWE championship from The Miz setting up John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio at Summerslam and that's where Del Rio will finally taste gold. It's all too perfect, Edge retires with the world title, Christian gets "maybe" his first one on one world title match and of course it's in a ladder match. How can they not have him win? I'm ordering Extreme rules just for the fact to see Christian win...and if he loses.....I'm breaking my television in half.

No way Morrison gets drafted to Smackdown as they just had him start this program with R-Truth. Truth will get involved in the triple threat match somehow to cost Morrison the title, Cena will be incapacitated somehow, and the Miz will walk out the victor. If they wanted Del Rio to have the world title, they would have just kept him on Smackdown.

hopefully Christian wins and starts a feud with either Barrett or Rhodes or McIntyre. Are those 4 untested Main Eventers yes, BUT it's what some people want. Fresh matches and main event players. i dont want to see the same people at the top for years to come, i like seeing fresh faces on top and Christian never had his chance on top in WWE.

Its not 100% certain but I doubt WWE will switch the title from brand to brand. The WWE title, or at least that version, is John Cena's, and I doubt theyre willing to have him on a brand opposite to that of the title that hes notorious with.

Its not 100% certain but I doubt WWE will switch the title from brand to brand. The WWE title, or at least that version, is John Cena's, and I doubt theyre willing to have him on a brand opposite to that of the title that hes notorious with.

Its been done before with his wwe title.

The only thing dismissing jomo coming to SD! is the fact that more than likely he would have been drafted tonight over mark henry.

He just started this angle with R truth.

BUT, maybe they both get drafted.

And Jomo vs truth could be a match for the next ppv.

as much as ppl like christian he just isn't World title material, Jomo barely is. Id like him more if he would drop the entrance. atleast he has dropped the fluffy pants, that alone makes me think of him as a more serious world champ.

Heres another possibility....Miz is drafted to Smackdown tomorrow, and pins JoMo Sunday keeping the title and leaving Raw and Cena. Think about it....Another swerve by VKM and really how many people are going to tune in tomorrow on WWE.com to find out. I will, but the majority of people won't. That will be a nice little surprise for Smackdown for those who dont read the *SPOILERS* section here.

While you're right in the fact that it's a bit predictable, the WWE has known to swerve in ways people never thought of before. There have been times when both top titles have been on both shows, but it's been for a short amount of time.

The only thing that's 100% certain is that the titles will be separated in the very near future, should both titles end up on one show.

Hell Yes!!!!! WWE wouldnt put both titles on the same show UNLESS there was a Mr.MITB and there isnt. Jomo isnt gonna get drafted cause it's pointless considering him and Truth JUST Started a fued and Miz isnt gonna get drafted cause if he was it wold of been on TV. Who is he gonna fued with Barrett, McIntyre, and Rhodes. Are all those untested ME's Yes but If doesnt go well turn Orton heel and fued with Christian or if Christian is doing bad have him drop it to Orton but if he drops it to orton your in the same boat. Or have Christian fued with Swagger(a Former WHC) I enjoyed their fued in ECW. Hell Mark Henry Mark attacked him tonight which could of been a sign of things to come

P.S. WWE has been trying to build up SD! because of the move to SYFY and to keep the SYFY people happy and without a World Title on SD! that just wouldnt work.

Hell Yes!!!!! WWE wouldnt put both titles on the same show UNLESS there was a Mr.MITB and there isnt. Jomo isnt gonna get drafted cause it's pointless considering him and Truth JUST Started a fued and Miz isnt gonna get drafted cause if he was it wold of been on TV. Who is he gonna fued with Barrett, McIntyre, and Rhodes. Are all those untested ME's Yes but If doesnt go well turn Orton heel and fued with Christian or if Christian is doing bad have him drop it to Orton but if he drops it to orton your in the same boat. Or have Christian fued with Swagger(a Former WHC) I enjoyed their fued in ECW. Hell Mark Henry Mark attacked him tonight which could of been a sign of things to come

P.S. WWE has been trying to build up SD! because of the move to SYFY and to keep the SYFY people happy and without a World Title on SD! that just wouldnt work.

I hope you're right. Christian vs Jack Swagger would be an excellent feud, as we've already seen that the two can put on some incredible matches from their ECW days. However, if Swagger and Cole lose their tag match against Lawler/J.R without some sort of outside interference or a Swagger face turn (and a clean Lawler/J.R victory is the most likely outcome given that this is likely the sendoff to that feud), it's going to make Swagger look incredibly weak. Otherwise, if Swagger face turns, as has been teased in the past, that also invalidates him as a candidate. Therefore if Christian wins the title,I don't think he will be facing Swagger for at least a few months. However, I could see him feuding against a returning Chris Jericho, which would be excellent. A Barrett or Rhodes feud would also be entertaining, although it would be uncharacteristic for the WWE to take a chance like that.

But if Christian wins the title and has to feud against Mark Henry, god help him. That will be a guaranteed dud of a feud and the kiss of death for Christians title reign and his chances of ever earning another.

I hope you're right. Christian vs Jack Swagger would be an excellent feud, as we've already seen that the two can put on some incredible matches from their ECW days. However, if Swagger and Cole lose their tag match against Lawler/J.R without some sort of outside interference or a Swagger face turn (and a clean Lawler/J.R victory is the most likely outcome given that this is likely the sendoff to that feud), it's going to make Swagger look incredibly weak. Otherwise, if Swagger face turns, as has been teased in the past, that also invalidates him as a candidate. Therefore if Christian wins the title,I don't think he will be facing Swagger for at least a few months. However, I could see him feuding against a returning Chris Jericho, which would be excellent. A Barrett or Rhodes feud would also be entertaining, although it would be uncharacteristic for the WWE to take a chance like that.

But if Christian wins the title and has to feud against Mark Henry, god help him. That will be a guaranteed dud of a feud and the kiss of death for Christians title reign and his chances of ever earning another.

Yeah If he Swagger teased face turn happensbut Im not to sure how good of face Jack can be. But I LOVE the idea of a Christian-Jericho Fued That would definatiely(?) be Fued of The Yr.

Ok, why would JoMo be in the Supplemental draft? That draft has never had any big superstars, let alone a main eventer, and that's what JoMo is. He won't be going to SD. As for Christian, I think he will win and it will be awesome if he pulls it out! :)

All signs point to Christian winning the World Heavyweight Championship at ER. He has the sentimental push due to Edge's retirement, Del Rio will be on Raw starting next week, it's a ladder match...

That said, I'll believe it when I see it. It seems so obvious, so good. Potentially too good to be true. The pessimistic Christian fan in me says Del Rio will take the WHC to Raw and Smackdown will be screwed for at least a month over two. We shall see. I hope I don't regret buying ER.

:lmao: Wow i cannot believe there are ppl out there still have faith on jack swagger. I almost dont want to comment on this but i just have to.

Jack swagger, the same swagger who is a sidekick of micheal cole, and you expect him to have an "excellent feud" for the world title? Nope a face change wont strengthen his credibility as a contender for the title because its not suppose to. IMO, it is alot easier for a superstar to be heel than face and if swagger cant do that then imo most likely he'll struggle as face. Swagger can feud with many guys for the title as much as he wants but hes credibility is damaged severely, plus he sucks on the mic and has no charisma. Im not making up shit. IT IS COMPLETELY EVIDENT

His feud with big show was "excellent too." His segments and promos bragging about his achievement and stuff were excellent too. He had great matches with mysterio before. Look where he is at.

ANYHOW, CHRISTIAN NEEDS TO WIN THE WORLD TITLE, PERIOD.

Though all of you have made some very compelling (and some not) theories about Christian's guarantee to win the WHC at ER, you have all missed a very important element...Alberto Del Rio!! Remember his reaction to being drafted to Raw immediately after they called his name. He was practically disgusted with the move. His character is very conniving, underhanded individual who is a rich elitist. He will find a way to remain on Smackdown! and attain his destiny...at least to keep the story true. Though the idea of JoMo winning the WWE title and bringing it to Smackdown via supplemental draft, it's highly unlikely.

If Del Rio wins both titles will be on RAW..

I can't see this happening, and if it does (I hope it does) then it won't be for long, as one of the champs will surely be drafted to SmackDown.

That being said, i can't see Christian winning either, he is only in the match because of Edge retiring, Del Rio beat Christian to be #1 contender...

So i think ADR will win, and Miz (as WWE Champ) will get traded to SD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back