• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE TLC 2010 - Alberto Del Rio VS Rey Mysterio

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member

Sometimes, people genuinely don’t like each other. Such is the case with Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio, who will go to war using either tables, ladders or chairs at WWE TLC.

Before Del Rio even arrived in WWE this year, he talked a lot of smack. Then in his first match ever, "The Essence of Excellence" backed up weeks of self-aggrandizement with a huge win over Mysterio.

Just one week later, Del Rio put The Master of the 619 out of commission by viciously attacking him and breaking his wrist. Ever since that fateful night, Del Rio has continued to belittle Rey, calling him a "little Chihuahua." When Mysterio finally returned after his injury, Del Rio went as far using a dog in a Mysterio mask to poke fun at his adversary.

But Mysterio finally gained some payback when Team Mysterio beat Team Del Rio in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match at Survivor Series.

Most recently, Del Rio cost Mysterio a chance at qualifying for the King of the Ring Tournament. But, Mysterio fired back by driving into Raw in one of Del Rio’s luxury cars, ultimately costing him his chance to be king.

Then, after learning from SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long that the pay-per-view encounter with Del Rio was officially made, Mysterio broke the news to his foe on SmackDown. The Master of the 619 capped off the big announcement by smashing Del Rio through a table.

With such deep-seated contempt for one another, their encounter on the pay-per-view stage has all the makings for a classic. The only question that remains is will the weapons of war be tables, ladder or chairs?

Del Rio has to win this, right? I mean if he's going to be pushed hard then he has to overcome his nemesis. I've enjoyed the feud between Del Rio and Mysterio so far. They've had some nice matches, and the segments and promos between these two have been entertaining. If Del Rio is going to establish himself as a top heel, then he has to have this pay per view win over Mysterio. The stipulation for this match hasn't been chosen yet, but I hope we can find out what it is next week.

Who's your pick to win?

I expect this to be an excellent match and will probably be better than the last two these guys have put on. I don't know how they are going to incorporate either tables, ladders or chairs into the match, I wouldn't mind seeing a number one contender match with the contract hanging above the ring. Both Rio and Rey could work a nice ladder match. I think Alberto needs this win to move forward and advance himself but I have a feeling that Rey will pull through and beat the Essence of Excellence.

But Rey has nothing to gain from this win and if Del Rio it would him to move onto a feud with, the possibly new World Heavyweight Champion, Edge.

i definitely think del rio will and should win...rey has no reason to win this match, and del rio needs this if Vince really wants him to be a big star.....it will be a very competetive entertaining match, which will be won by del rio

Well, I didn't watch Smackdown. Judging from the OP I guess it will be a tables match. I think they should have given this two guys a different match. Not a chairs match, because not many people care anymore about chairs. Maybe they should have got the ladder match. It would have been a lot better. I think Del Rio should win this because Rey has been getting the best of him on most of their segments and I don't want this to turn into Rey vs CM Punk kind of feud where Rey buries his opponent.

This should have just been a 2 out 3 falls match like it was original announced. These two going at with a weapon gimmick doesn't seem right to me. I think they would thrive in a more traditional environment.

With that said Rey Mysterio will probably win the match at the PPV and I'm not really sure if he shouldn't. I am a huge Alberto Del Rio fan, but a good quality PPV like this won't hurt him. It's Rey Mysterio who is still trying to get his revenge for Del Rio injuring him. If anything I'd let them have the 2 out 3 falls match on a later episode of SmackDown! and Del Rio wins using some cheap tactics. Just my call.

Something tells me Rey Mysterio is gonna pull the win in this one. And it's really the one thing that makes me care very little for this match.

Overall I'm convinced it will be pretty damn good. I'm kinda hoping they will end up in a ladder match. They have the quickness and agility to make it work, probably better than if Dolph or Bryan was to defend their titles in a ladder match.

But yeah, this screams Rey Mysterio victory. We can't have little Rey Rey walk out the loser of this feud. And I don't expect this feud to continue for very much longer, considering it's been going on for a few months now. And I really don't see it carrying into Royal Rumble, which would then most likely carry onto Wrestlemania.

So, I'm expecting this to be their final match, and that Rey probably will walk out the winner. I want Alberto to win, but I'm not counting on it.

I remember reading on WZ earlier in the week that this was meant to be a ladder match. While I think that is probably the best potential match, there's one problem, what do they reach for? There's no title at stake, Kofi is apparently now the No.1 IC contender and I don't see the Edge/Kane fued ending until RR at the earliest. So making it a contract for the WHC would seem redundant (although that doesn't mean it won't happen.).

As much as I like ADR for the seemless transition he's made from CMLL/AAA to WWE (via a v short FCW stint), I don't see anything but a Rey win. This will likely be the last match of the fued and current PG policy would dictate that you can't have a hero not emerging victorious in the end. The only way ADR wins is via interference (which would be easy given the no DQ element) and allows Rey to move on to another fued with the relative moral victory. Whether that gives Alberto the credibility he needs to move up the card, I personally doubt. I said from the start this fued came too early for Alberto, as it could have been THE defining fued, but given their relative positions in the company and in revenue generation, only Rey wins. PV

I'm thinking possible ladder match maybe with ADR's car on the line seeing as rey "stole" it this week and punks comments on raw could be the pink slip or something like that?

Something tells me Rey Mysterio is gonna pull the win in this one. And it's really the one thing that makes me care very little for this match.

Overall I'm convinced it will be pretty damn good. I'm kinda hoping they will end up in a ladder match. They have the quickness and agility to make it work, probably better than if Dolph or Bryan was to defend their titles in a ladder match.

But yeah, this screams Rey Mysterio victory. We can't have little Rey Rey walk out the loser of this feud. And I don't expect this feud to continue for very much longer, considering it's been going on for a few months now. And I really don't see it carrying into Royal Rumble, which would then most likely carry onto Wrestlemania.

So, I'm expecting this to be their final match, and that Rey probably will walk out the winner. I want Alberto to win, but I'm not counting on it.

Exactly. The WWE doens't end many feuds with the heel winning unless it involves a title change. Not to mention all the kids' favorite wrestler Mysterio. Hopefully this is the end of the feud and ADR moves on. That being said, if it is the end, I'll pretty much guarantee Mysterio wins.

I honestly think that Rey will find a way to use his "veteran instincts" to pull out a win in this match. Unless they're doing another "injury angle' with Rey, I dont see Del Rio pulling this one out.I dont mind Rey winning, because I personally really like him, but this could benefit Del Rio far more to win.

Personally, Im tired of this feud, and if I hear Del Rio call Mysterio a chihouwawa one more time, me thinks Ill be sick. Del Rio needs this win far more then Mysterio does, as a win would likely cement him as a main event heel and the next challenger for the WHC, which will likely be won by Edge at TLC. So it would be smart by WWE to put Del Rio over, and let both men move on.

That being said, I see Rey winning this one. Im not sure why the stipulation was added, unless this is being seen as a "blood" feud. Id rather them do a straight up ladder match to become No. 1 Contender, but they went with basically an all weapons legal match. I just wish an explanation would have been given as to why this match was booked the way it is, and hopefully we'll get that in the coming weeks.

Anyway, Rey wins this in what should be a solid match, as Rey seems to bring out the best in Del Rio, whose already very good in the ring.

I really can't decide what match type this should be. A chairs match, (which really sucks) could happen because alberto injured rey by using a chair. That thing could be mentioned and set up a chairs match. a tables match would also be a good idea beacuse on smackdown, rey put alberto through a table. alberto could be wanting a revenge for that table shot and set up a tables match. AND finally, a ladder match would ALSO be a good idea cuz on smackdown rey was on the top of the ladder saying he wants to fly. maybe they would have a match on the next smackdown to see who will pick the match type. that would be a copy of the Edge v Kane but, Anything could happen..

Never, ever suggest a Ladder match without something to grab. Nothing would frustrate me more than watching a Ladder match where the objective is to pin.

That is all I really noticed in your little ramble HardyCena. I think I saw a source that suggested it would be a tables match anyways.

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems obvious that this will be a TLC match. The two did a promo with each other while on a ladder. The segment concluded with Rey putting Del Rio through a table. What's the mystery here? I realized there isn't a title on the line, but I'm sure creative will come up with something for these guys to climb for. I know Kane vs. Edge is TLC but does that matter? We get multiple Hell in a Cell and Elimination Chamber matches at the same ppv so why not another TLC? I have to add I have only watched about the first 30 minutes of Smackdown so far so there might be some info I don't have yet.

Okay, so is there going to be an stipulation? If not, the ladder on the promo has nothing to do with these two.

Ferb said it, I want ADR to win this one, he needs to, I think he is begging. I know he is heel and all but man! From the last 5-6 matches he had he only won 1 match, O N E!!! I know that Rey is going to whine like a little chihuahua ( ;) pun TOTALLY intented) and ain't going to lose. He will try to bury ADR just like he did with CM Punk. The only good thing coming out of this, is that this feud will end and ADR will go onto better and bigger things (I hope).

I'm definitely going with Rey Mysterio on this. I really want Rey to give Alberto Del Rio some payback. It's all my personal opinion though..that's all I'm basing my prediction on.

I'm looking forward to this match Rey is still capable of putting on good matches and I think Alberto Del Rio is pretty solid in the ring so I'm expecting a pretty good match between them. I really think that Del Rio should win this match because he has more to gain from a win then Mysterio does, but I have feeling that Rey will pick up the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back