WWE Elimination Chamber: WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
During the opening promo segment for SmackDown Live last night, Shane McMahon announced that the WWE Championship will be defended inside the Elimination Chamber structure in 4 weeks time. The participants of this match and the man defending the championship haven't been officially revealed as of yet, partially due to Styles defending the title against John Cena at the Royal Rumble.

Based on last night, I think that those who'll almost certainly be in the match will be Styles, Cena, Miz and Corbin. I strongly suspect Ambrose will be in the match as well as a means of continuing his feud with Miz, if Miz doesn't have his IC title rematch between next week and EC. As for the 6th spot, it could go to Dolph Ziggler depending on how serious WWE is getting behind him in light of his recent heel turn. The announcement of this match, in my opinion, only increases the likelihood of Styles retaining over Cena at the Royal Rumble. Cena then comes up short in the EC and manages to get "one more chance" to win his 16th World championship at WrestleMania, which he'll almost certainly do.

What I could see it's a way for them to have cena beat ric flair's record at mania. I agree that you probably going to have cena, styles, miz, ambrose and corban in this match. I could see either bray wyatt, randy orton or james ellsworth as the last guy in the match.

What I see coming is cena winning is 16th championship at the rumble, somehow lose the belt at the chamber and get his rematch at mania and beats ric flair's record.

It's not the ideal booking for the championship but they've been wanting to have somebody beat ric flair's record for a while now so that's why I'm seeing this lame scenario happening.

During the opening promo segment for SmackDown Live last night, Shane McMahon announced that the WWE Championship will be defended inside the Elimination Chamber structure in 4 weeks time. The participants of this match and the man defending the championship haven't been officially revealed as of yet, partially due to Styles defending the title against John Cena at the Royal Rumble.

Based on last night, I think that those who'll almost certainly be in the match will be Styles, Cena, Miz and Corbin. I strongly suspect Ambrose will be in the match as well as a means of continuing his feud with Miz, if Miz doesn't have his IC title rematch between next week and EC. As for the 6th spot, it could go to Dolph Ziggler depending on how serious WWE is getting behind him in light of his recent heel turn. The announcement of this match, in my opinion, only increases the likelihood of Styles retaining over Cena at the Royal Rumble. Cena then comes up short in the EC and manages to get "one more chance" to win his 16th World championship at WrestleMania, which he'll almost certainly do.
Yeah, it could be AJ Styles, John Cena, The Miz, Baron Corbin, Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler.

But I have a doubt that anyone of the Wyatt Family could participate in this match. Most probably Bray Wyatt or Randy Orton. Almost nil chance of Luke Harper.

That said, I'm quite interested in this match. I have always loved this gimmick match and I'm happy to see this match return. The last match took place in 2015. But the last time the WWE World Title was defended in it was in 2014. Quite a long time.

I still hope that AJ Styles keeps the title until Wrestlemania 33.

I think it'll be AJ Styles, John Cena, Baron Corbin, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose.

Miz won't be in it because I think he wins the Royal Rumble this year so he'll be sitting on the sidelines watching to see who his opponent at Wrestlemania would be.

Styles will retain, likely by last eliminating Cena or Ambrose. Wyatt will eliminate Orton, and Orton will RKO Wyatt and get him eliminated.

That sets up AJ Styles vs The Miz for Wrestlemania, and Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton.

I agree that it certainly increases the chances of AJ retaining at the Rumble, but I still give him almost no chance of walking into WrestleMania as champion. If they're really building towards something with AJ/Shane... and *sigh* it looks like they might be, it would make sense for him to drop the title in the Chamber. He already voiced his displeasure about the match to Shane last night and with him dropping it in the Chamber he can blame Shane for not walking into WrestleMania as champion. That won't really work if he drops it at the Rumble unless they do something where Shane won't give him a one on one rematch and says that he has to use his rematch in the Chamber.

As for who will win if it's not AJ... well all logic points to Cena, but they very well could be saving his 16th World Title win for a bigger moment. If that's the case... who knows.

Elimination Chamber is Smackdown exlusive now. So they might want to keep some rivalries for the rest of the card. Therefore could maybe see Miz and Ambrose there but rest of rivalries like Orton and Wyatt outside of chamber. Or maybe the other way around. Also we have Royal Rumble before that. Maybe Samoa Joe or Nakamura could be included if they debut.

With all that talk yersterday wouldnt be suprised for AJ vs Shane at Mania. Though I like Shane, dont think its right match for AJ. But lets wait and see what happens on Rumble and after.

The Elimination Chamber concept never gets old for me. Unlike the Hell in a Cell match, I don't think that you can go wrong no matter who you put in there.

I'm in agreement that Styles ultimately retains at the Royal Rumble, and I truly, truly believe that Styles deserves to go to WrestleMania as champion. I am perfectly fine with him dropping the title to John Cena in Orlando, but Styles has had an unbelievably amazing first year and there's no better reason than to keep him as champion.

AJ Styles and John Cena will be in there. I actually suspect Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton too. They can cancel each other out somehow. Then you get two more spots, probably for Dean Ambrose and The Miz. Although, you still have Baron Corbin to contend with. It will be interesting to see where that goes.

As I said, I think Styles should go to WrestleMania as the champ, so I want him to win this. One last big win before he drops the title. I'm okay with AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon I guess, but it's not really what Styles deserves after this run.

Plus, if he loses the belt in the Chamber, does Styles not get his rematch at WrestleMania? Unless he drops it at the Royal Rumble first. Damn I don't know.

I'm happy that Smackdown got the Elimination Chamber PPV, since as I said before, RAW has Hell in a Cell. Also there's TLC for SD and Extreme Rules for RAW, so the special PPVs are balanced between the two shows.

As for the competitors, let's see who we got that would fit in that match: Cena, Styles, Orton, Wyatt, Ambrose, Miz, Ziggler, plus there's Harper, Kane, Kalisto, Corbin and Crews, so I guess SD will be alright.

Who walks in there as champ? Well, it's either Styles or Cena, but whoever it is we can bet that both of them will be in it for sure. Who wins? My money is either on AJ or Cena again.

I'm wondering, since SD has a world championship Elimination Chamber coming up and not a #1 contender's one, does it mean that a SD superstar could win the Rumble?
Plus WWE once again started saying that the winner of the Rumble will get to the main event of WM. They only say that when the winner actually does get the main event and usually don't mention when they're planning to have the Rumble winner not compete in the main event.

With all that being said... KO vs Y2J is not WM main event worthy.. so, maybe they're actually planning Cena vs Taker for the title, or Cena vs Ambrose.

Unless something changes, the odds have shifted greatly on the SD Rumble winner, challenging John Cena, whose name is big enough for the 'Mania main event.

Meant to post that here.. Sorry. I need to stop confusing the titles.

Booking is all over the place. I think the best way to book the WWE Title going forward is this...

Cena defeats Styles at the Rumble
Styles wins belt back at Chamber after Samoa Joe interferes and takes out Cena.

Wrestlemania
Styles vs. Wyatt vs. Orton vs. Miz (Fatal 4 way WWE Title)
John Cena vs. Samoa Joe
Dean Ambrose vs. Baron Corbin (I-C Title)

Raw Mania Card
Roman Reigns vs. Stroman - Rumble Winner (Universal Title)
Goldberg vs. Lesnar
Rollins vs. HHH
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens (US Title)
Taker vs. Finn Balor

You have built Stroman up and having him win the rumble and face Reigns makes more sense than Reigns vs. Taker. Fans will hate that match. The Demon Balor vs. Taker is a nice way to send out Undertaker as if your going to have him lose as I expect I think it would make more sense to give Balor the rub then Stroman. Balor will be the bigger star by far. Eventually crowd dulls of the big guys just look at Big Show for proof.

Cool. A 6 man Smackdown match. I look forward to seeing near identical participants make up the numbers in an IC ladder match at Mania.

At the top of tonight's SmackDown Live, it was announced that Cena defends against AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Baron Corbin and the Miz.

While it wasn't expressly stated or denied, this may or may not count as AJ Styles rematch for the WWE Championship as he mentioned that he wanted a one on one rematch. So, generally speaking, I suppose it's possible that Styles could regain the title at EC, successfully defend the title against Cena on an episode of SmackDown Live and then go onto face Orton at WrestleMania.

At the top of tonight's SmackDown Live, it was announced that Cena defends against AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Baron Corbin and the Miz.

While it wasn't expressly stated or denied, this may or may not count as AJ Styles rematch for the WWE Championship as he mentioned that he wanted a one on one rematch. So, generally speaking, I suppose it's possible that Styles could regain the title at EC, successfully defend the title against Cena on an episode of SmackDown Live and then go onto face Orton at WrestleMania.

Yeah I heard that, too. Styles will be getting an one-on-one rematch for the WWE Championship. Smackdown is throwing many curveballs, I like it.

This is a thread, where you write what you believe the WWE should do at the Elimination Chamber. Personally I will go with:

Elimination Chamber WWE Title match
1.Ambrose ia pinned by Corbin
2.Corbin is pinned by Cena
3.Cena is pinned by Styles
4.Styles is pinned by Miz
5.Wyatt is pinned by Miz (diatraction from Harper).

**Also I will only have Ambrose eliminated until the 6th guy comes out, meaning we will have a fatal 5 way.
**Entrances are as follows: Ambrose, Miz, Corbin, Styles, Cena and Wyatt.

Winner and New Champ: The Miz

This will give us: Miz (c) vs Orton vs Cena for the title. Wyatt vs Harper. Ambrose vs Corbin for the IC title.

Singles Match
Randy Orton def. Luke Harper

Harper kicks out of the RKO. He then takes a second one after a counter to the discuss clothsline, Orton wins.

Singles Match for the Smackdown Womens Title
Alexa Bliss (c) def. Naomi.

Bliss wins clean, entering Mania as champion. Bliss vs Nikki for WM.

Singles Match
Mickie James def. Becky Lynch

Mickie wins via shenanigans. Continuing the feud to Mania.

Singles Match
Nikki Bella def. Natalya.

Nikki wins clean, thus ending the feud. She moves into the title picture.

Tag Team Tumoil for the Tag Titles
Vaudevillains eliminated by Breezango
Slater and Rhyno eliminated by Breezango
Breezango eliminated by The Ascension
Ascension eliminated by American Alpha
The Usos eliminated by American Alpha
American Alpha eliminated by The Revival.

Winners and NEW champs: The Revival

Two on One Handicap Match
Dolph Ziggler def. Kalisto and Apollo Crews

Shelton Benjamin debuts and forms a heel team with Ziggler.

Pre Show - Singles Match
Mojo Rawley def. Curt Hawkins

Mojo gets a clean win here.

I thought Bray Wyatt was winning The Elimination Chamber match tonight. Never thought about AJ Styles winning, that sounds like a better idea to me.

Anyone but you Lame Wyatt, anyone but you. Cant stand that nonsensical promo work of his.

With that in mind, and Orton winning Royal Rumble cant see anyone else winning. If reports are true and they really want Miz/Maryse vs Cena/Nikki at Mania with Orton vs Wyatt for title and AJ vs Shane as Smackdown part of card, its really bad card from Smackdowns part of Mania. Hoping they would change it into somewhat else.

A Match Of The Year Candidate for sure. Along with AJ Styles Vs John Cena III and Kazuchika Okada Vs Kenny Omega, I have this multi-man match up in the Match Of The Year Candidates.

The match had some great some moments as well. Like Ambrose transitioning a vertical suplex into a powerbomb. Baron Corbin destroying Ambrose after his own elimination. AJ Styles took multiple nasty bumps as well. Every wrestler in there upped their game in the match except The Miz whose stint was short-lived.

Almost a classic. Wyatt's win was an icing on the cake. :blush: :evil3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back