WWE 2K14 First Impressions

Magic Mark

Former WCW TV Champion
Last week, 2K games unveiled the first trailer for WWE 2K14. It only showed a little bit of gameplay, but it showed just enough for us to see that the game doesn't seem much different from WWE '13, which is something I expected since this is the first entry in the 2K series.

The game already has a confirmed 50-man roster which mostly includes wrestlers we've already played as (there will definitely be more wrestlers, though). The game will have the updated RAW arena, and due to all the new talent we saw come up from November-January, we will have plenty of first-timers in the game (Bo Dallas, Brad Maddox, and Big E Langston have been leaked as playable).

Overall, I like it so far, but I want to see what the future games will look like since 2k will have more time on their hands. What did you think about the trailer or just the game in-general? Will you buy it?

The game's not going to be any different until Yuke's is gone. Overall, Yuke's is the reason why games come out so terrible in the first place. In my opinion, WWE should just start their Game Development company, or at least start publishing the games and let Take Two take care of designing the games... And by Take Two, I mean Rockstar [yes, Rockstar].

I'm still in "wait and see" mode. I certainly don't have any plans on purchasing it until I read some reviews and get some positive word of mouth. The SmackDown!/SmackDown! Vs. Raw/WWE series was beyond stagnant, and the trailer doesn't really show anything to differentiate it from those. As details emerge I'm sure I'll feel more strongly one way or the other, but right now a lot is up in the air.

Right now I feel like this game is too much like WWE 13 and personally I really didn't like that game so we'll see about how this game ends up for me. My main problem in 13 was the rediculous AI gameplay as the matches were too easy but at the same time too long. (Must hit two finishers) so if that alone gets fixed plus new roster spots I'll probably get it alone however just based on right now I feel like this night not end well. However it's too soon to tell.

I have bought every WWE game in the Smackdown/SDvsRaw/WWE series and this will be no different. I dont have the same complaints about the gameplay in WWE13 that alot of people do, I mean obviously there are things I would like to see changed, and ways that the series can be improved but I have always enjoyed every game in the series, and WWE 2K14 will be no different.

I hope that the servers on the Community Creations are better, the Universe mode continues to improve with better cut scenes, storylines etc and the CAW section is improved, but the gameplay doesnt really bother me, I think its pretty good as it is and only needs a few tweaks.

NO i am not going to buy this bullshit. i have put too much money in buying wwe games like 2007-2010, so i stopped because i realized its all the same thing.. new characters brad maddox and big e, woo! so exciting! *sarcasm*. who the fuck gives a flying fuck about those characters?

also erad some reviews and lets just say they arent too good. people say that its laggy, boring, etc. i never liked the gameplay either. it gets really repititive and the graphics look like its from ps2. storyline isnt good either, if they cant book raw well, how can they book a game storyline well.

I've heard rumors about there being an expanded storyline that can be played with a created character? Can anyone tell me if this is true? If so, I'll probably buy it as I have not bought a WWE game in awhile and I have been dying for a good CAW game story.

I'll be fine long as there is a actual story, and people can be banned online 1 of the 2 wont happen guess which...

Im fine cause im actually hearing word of indie wresting games finally!

As long as they don't make another "relive the Attitude era" game, I'll be fine. If I want a game to relive the Attitude era, I'll pull out my N64 for that.

It would be nice to see a WCW DLC package for sale (call it the WCW fanboy in me). It would include:

Ric Flair
Diamond Dallas Page
Harlem Heat (even though WWE Booker T might be on the unlockables)
Eddie Guerrero
Sting (They might be able to get away with this since they have rights to his WCW stuff)
Billy Kidman
Goldberg
Lex Luger

I don't expect 2K to do much, if anything, to the core mechanics this year. I bought WWE '13, loved it for about a week, and then never played it again. It's one of those games that I'm pretty good at, and unless I play with a computer at max difficulty it's just not a challenge. The online has always been so laggy and people so frustrating to play against, I just don't bother. It's fun when you've got friends consistently playing it, but the one or two I do have suffered the same short term fate I did.

It also didn't help that I "won" a copy from Paul Heyman, so I sold my copy for $40 two weeks after it came out, and he never sent me it. So I literally just haven't played it since then.

I've been playing the wrestling games since WrestleMania 2000 on N64, and very few are as fun (STILL) as those old games were. There's fun to be had, but I can only take so much of the same sequences used over and over again. I like games with good gameplay, not redundant simulators. And by nature, every character is played the same way; same reason I don't like DBZ fighting games. It's about quantity, often, and not quality. So I'll probably rent WWE '14 from Red Box or a local video store, play the equivelent of Attitude Eara mode (looks like they're going with 80's and early 90s era) and be done with it.

Assuming that the new WWE Championship Belt will be in the game, what are the chances that they will have custom side plates for every SuperStar in the game??

So I'm just going to acknowledge the elephant and ask the question... What are the odds of WrestleMania 20's Main Event being added to the game? What are the odds of TLC II making it into the game? What are the odds of the original Money in the Bank making it into the game?

I guess we'll find out at the roster reveal this Sunday...

If I want a game to relive the Attitude era, I'll pull out my N64 for that.

It would be nice to see a WCW DLC package for sale (call it the WCW fanboy in me).

Hey if you want a game to relive the WCW days go pull out your N64!

I kid I kid. Anyway no way in hell will I buy a WWE game again until they make a new game from the ground up. They did it with Allstars which I rented and it was pretty fun. Just make a non-cartoony version of that game and it'd be near perfect!

I don't see the game changing much this year as they haven't had the license for very long, it will take a year or 2 to have drastic changes to the game. I'm fine with that, I liked WWE 13 so I'm all for just minor changes/improvements to the current engine. I hope they change it up drastically soon as the current engine is getting old.

Based on the roster alone I'm happy. Put Warrior, Hogan and Savage together in 1 game, with the current engine and I'm in a good mood. All in all I've bought every Smackdown/WWE game there is so I don't see this one changing. It's like playing Madden, it doesn't change much but it improves most years and I still have fun with it, that's good enough for me.

I am looking forward to the game, the graphics in some pics look like they are from 05' but reliving Wrestlemania Matches will be great. I am looking forward to playing with Razor Ramon, Yoko, Goldburg and Bret Hart to name a few.

I am really looking forward to this game. The roster that has been revealed isnt the complete one, its just the wrestlers who appear in the WM mode, so we still have a lot more to come.

It's great to see Razor Ramon in a WWE game again, Goldberg too. It's about time those 2 were playable characters again. I am also looking forward to playing as Batista, Bret Hart, retro Lesnar and Stone Cold.

I don't expect there to be vast changes to the game this year, I think next years version will be the one where we see a rebuild of the franchise. However, I have no doubt this year's game will be really enjoyable. I never understand how people are so disappointed with WWE games every year, I NEVER get bored of them. I will be playing WWE13 until WWE 2K14 is released and will be happy to do so!

I like what I see so far, but I promised myself I would never buy another WWE wrestling game after Smackdown VS Raw 2010, because SD VS Raw '10 was probably the worst piece of shit wrestling game I've ever played. It was so awful, I buried it somewhere within a box in my room, because I never wanted to look at it again.

I have an urge to buy another wrestling game for PS3, so I might give 2K14 a shot. Tired of Madden, I don't feel like picking up the new one, and I'm bored Madden 13 now, so I need something new. But I haven't truly enjoyed a WWE/WWF wrestling game since Wrestlemania 2000 for N64, so yeah, I'm always uneasy about buying a new game.

I'm going to buy it just for some of the Wrestlemania characters. I think the mode looks pretty awesome.

I don't even care who from the current roster is in the game. I went through the trouble of downloading created wrestlers and setting up brands and everything on WWE '13 and I've only played it a few times.
I'll probably just play through the Wrestlemania mode on 2K14 and then only play it if my nephew wants to play a wrestling game.
I'm most looking forward to recreating the Razor and HBK ladder match.

I like this game and have been buying these games ever since the original SmackDown game on Playstation. 2K sports & Yukes have done an amazing job on this game because there is attention to detail, not to mention the 30 Years of WrestleMania mode that will be included this year. How cool is that? We get to go back and relive the epic moments that made us wrestling fans! I just hope the glitch problem from WWE '13 can be fixed and online mode will be harder to spam. I hated playing online matches in last year's game and losing to some cheater because he kept doing running spam moves over and over then winning with some fluke submission! I like the direction of the game series and hope 2K will continue to pay attention to detail that makes these games so great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back