WWE 2012 Hall Of Fame *OFFICIAL THREAD* - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

Was the video package adequate?

• yes

• no

• left out a few career highs but all and all got the point accross

Results are only viewable after voting.
As Meat Loaf sang, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. It's a cinch Rock will get in. Savage...less than a lock, probably about 67%. Edge, not at all. When he goes in, it'll be when Mania comes to Toronto (or elsewhere in Canada). As far as some of the other names, I would like to think these would work out:
Carlos Colon (He was to the WWC the same way Von Erich was in Texas, Gagne in the AWA, etc)
The Freebirds (Best tag team not to be in the Hall)
Arn Anderson (Especially since he's still working as an agent for the E, and has the respect of most of the boys in the back)
Muhammad Ali (For the celeb wing, especially after I read that post earlier)

Randy Savage:
Some of you should really do some research here. It was never publicly stated BY Randy that he wouldn't accept the HoF nom without his family. The comments were made AFTER his death, by his brother who CLAIMED Randy made them. Angelo has not (to my knowledge) made any public statement for or against the claim by Lanny.
Unless it was discussed by Randy and Vince during the whole negotiation for the figurines/dvds, I can't even picture Randy bringing it up to his brother personally. What semi-normal person would bring up what would have been a non-issue considering the history of bad blood between the two sides?
And JR has said (and I would assume he *should* know what he's talking about here) that the WWE can induct Randy any time they
choose, but gave his typical "only time will tell" answer when asked if it would ever happen.

Rock: I'm not a fan at all, but I can appreciate his accomplishments, and firmly believe he will go in this year in Miami.

Edge: Too soon, but not because he doesnt deserve it. I just think they will try to capitalize on his hometown status when they do induct him.

Mascaras/Colon: Pretty sure it was Mascaras that Triple H announced as going in, not Colon, but I could be mistaken. I don't think they will both go in the same year, since a depressingly large number of today's fans don't appreciate wrestling if it isn't on their TV.

Other people I'd like to see.

Tag Team: Four Horsemen (Arn and Ole Anderson, Blanchard and Dillon, but only after Ric Flair isnt contracted to TNA). Other members could be considered, but I'd like to see those 3 together. Pillman wasn't HoF material ... I loved Benoit's career, but it would be a PR nightmare ... Luger is better known for his time solo.
Alternate Tag Team: If we have to wait for the 4H, then I would LOVE to see the New Age Outlaws go in. Lots of rumors have Billy Gunn not liked much backstage though, so it would be interesting to see how long this one takes. I think overall, their popularity gets them in at some point.

Solo Stars: Jake Roberts (if he's clean, it's LONG overdue). Rick Rude (seriously, who didnt LOVE to HATE him). Brutus Beefcake (bit of a longshot, but was pretty popular in his time) Davey Boy Smith (I'd say the British Bulldogs as a team, but from everything I've read about Tom Billington, including his own autobiography, I'd rather see Davey alone).

Female Star (if any): Elizabeth, but ONLY if Randy goes in. I get that they werent together for a good part of his WCW run, but most people who watched the WWE when they were there still link them together, and realistically, she ONLY deserves to go in if he does.
Alternate Female Star: Alundra Blayze. It's not going to happen. 15 seconds in WCW destroyed any chance she could have had based on her accomplishments. But I'd still like to see it.

Manager: Slick. Damn he was irritatingly fun. And EVERY other major manager from his era is in, so why not Slick?

Builders/Owners: PAUL FREAKING HEYMAN. Why he isn't there already is beyond me. Yes, ECW failed, but only after 9 years of competing with Vince and Ted. Whatever anyone's personal opinion of him is, he accomplished a LOT in his time. He gave us another choice to watch, he made luchadores more mainstream, he legitamized hardcore style and so much more. And he did it on a shoestring budget, with talent that respected him and believed in his vision. (And some that couldn't work elsewhere lol). He most definitely deservews the nod.

Celebrity: Lots of choices for a minimal category ... Mr T, Mike Tyson, Muhammed Ali and Donald Trump have all been mentioned, and I'd be fine with any of them. Or none of them. Whatever.

Dark Horses: My personal favorite longshots, neither of whom is likely, but I would completely mark out: Lance Storm (not so much in WWE, but did quite well in WCW and ECW) and Raven (I used to LOVE hearing his wierd-ass promos, and he was quite good in the ring as well). They're both dreams, but happy ones :)

Sorry for the length of the post, but to be honest, this topic almost demands it lol.

No one should headilne in 2012 other than Macho Man Randy Savage. Not the Rock, not Mick Foley, not Edge, not Vince McMahon, not anybody. Macho Man Randy Savage period.

First off, I can't believe that people are arguing that Edge shouldn't be inducted with the Rock, because Edge's moment to shine and spotlight will be taken away by the Rock, but have no problem whatsoever with the same thing happening to Macho Man who did 20X more for the WWF/E than Edge ever did. To quote the Miz, "Really???" People going with this logic must have only been watching the WWE for the last 10 years and completely missed on the Macho Man's career, which is sad. And for those that say, well Macho Man is dead so it's not like he can enjoy his moment anyway, well, it's not about just the wrestler, it's about the fans too. A wrestler's HOF induction means just as much to the wrestler's fans as it does the wrestler themselves. Obviously Macho Man won't be there to enjoy it and get his moment, but his fans will be, fans who have been waiting a decade for Macho Man to finally get his proper place in the HOF and recognition from the WWE for all he did for the wrestling business. Screw Edge (I love Edge, but he can wait), Macho Man is who should not get his spotlight taken away from the Rock.

Secondly, the biggest argument I've seen thrown at the Macho Man is that he can't headline because he's dead. A dead person can't headline because the fact that he won't be there will turn away attendees and thus make the HOF ceremony not draw. That's crap. I'll tell you why. I will be at Wrestlemania this year and the HOF ceremony. My sister and I will be flying from Indianapolis to Miami. Now, I have never, ever flown before, because I am deathly afraid of flying. But I can't drive because I will have to take too much time off work to go, so flying is really the only option. So I'm gonna have to conquer my fear of flying. Now do you think I am willing to conquer one of my biggest fears just to see John Cena and the Rock, or CM Punk and Chris Jericho? No way. Obviously those will be great matches, but I'd be just as content to watch those matches at home on PPV (Punk/Austin, then I might be willing to fly). You wanna know why I decided to do this? In the hopes of finally seeing Macho Man Randy Savage get inducted into the WWE HOF. This is the perfect year for it to happen, which thus makes it the most possible. I purchased a $900 WM travel package with the No. 1 reason being to see Macho Man inducted. So guess what, Macho Man's possible induction drew me to the show and put my butt in the seat, even though he's dead.

You see, this goes back to it being just as much for the fans as it does the wrestler. Younger fans probably don't get or understand this, but fans in my age group and even a bit younger grew up on Macho Man Randy Savage. He was a huge part of my childhood and is one of my all-time favorites. And it is an absolute crock that he was largely ignored by the WWE for the many years that he was. He is long overdue for the HOF. I want to see him get his due from the company he helped build. And there are thousands, if not millions of fans who feel the exact same that I do. It wouldn't matter if Macho Man was alive to accept his induction, or the fact that he is unfortunately no longer with us and can't accept, the meaning behind his induction would be just as big for us fans. Whether he's there or not, we will all be there to watch him finally get his moment. Macho Man Randy Savage is one of the biggest superstars in the history of the WWE. Dead or alive, he will draw fans into the HOF ceremony. Hogan would, Stone Cold would, Ric Flair would, Bret Hart would, Undertaker would, Shawn Michaels would, Rock would, Macho Man will. So the idea that Macho Man can't draw fans in because he's dead is just plain bullshit, simple as that.

Thirdly, it doesn't make good business sense to induct both the Rock and Macho Man at the same time. Macho Man and the Rock are two of the biggest pop culture icons that the wrestling business has produced (Rock being moreso without a doubt). An induction for either wrestler will not only draw tons of wrestling fans, but also mainstream press and attention. The Rock and the Macho Man don't need each other to help sell out the HOF ceremony. They can do it on their own. So why throw away a huge potential profit by inducting them both at the same time, when the WWE can go back and center another HOF ceremony on whomever doesn't get inducted this year? Let's say they induct Savage this year, as they should. Then the following year, or a few years down the road, they can center another HOF ceremony on the Rock. It just makes good business sense. And speaking of business sense, there is no better time than now to induct the Macho Man. Have you guys forgotten how much press and mainstream attention Macho Man's death garnered last year? Even at the end of the year when news shows were covering celebrities who died, Macho Man was mentioned every time. Everyone from Yahoo Sports, to ESPN, to even Fox News were talking about Macho Man's life and death, even just a week or so ago. An induction for the Macho Man will not only bring in long-time wrestling fans (pepole in my age group and older), but also the press. And you know Vince McMahon will take any press he can get.

So it's simple. Save the Rock for another year, and give Macho Man his long overdue induction. Plus, the Rock isn't done. This is not the Rock's last match, if the reports are true at least. The Rock is supposedly not going to be done with just Wrestlemania, but will have another match at Summerslam, if not more than that. While the Rock won't be a full-time active competitor, he's also not retired by any means. He'll back for more after Wrestlemania. So why induct such a young, semi-active wrestler? Ric Flair was almost 60 when he got inducted even though he was still active. The Rock is only 39 (he'll be 40 later this year).

As for Edge, again as someone pointed out, sorry to Edge fans, but he is just not a first ballot HOFer. He's not Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, etc. He was a highly accomplished wrestler who achieved many things and had an amazing career. But he was never the top guy in the business, and he was mostly a good hand that kept things together. He never led the company. He's definitely a HOFer, but he shouldn't be inducted immediately. Give it 2-3 years, hopefully in that time the WWE will have Wrestlemania in Canada, then it'd be the perfect time to induct him (where he can headline).

As for Foley being a potential headliner this year, I'd much rather see Foley get the nod than the Rock. Simply for chronological reasons as Foley was wrestling for a decade before the Rock started. And he's older and from the looks of things is just about done with his in-ring career. Whereas the Rock is still gonna be in high-profile matches. But again as much as I love Foley, he needs to wait another year or two for the Macho Man to get his spotlight.

As for who should be inducted in 2012? I think if the HOF does indeed go with Macho Man Randy Savage to headline, I think the WWE should also induct Miss Elizabeth because it would be fitting, plus she is the last true full-fledged female HOFer of the pre-Attitude Era . Luna Vachon and Alundra Blayze are contenders as well, but they are just not at the level of Miss Elizabeth. She was the most prominent manager of the 1980's besides Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart, and considering they along with Mr. Fuji, Sherri Martel, Freddie Blassie, Capt. Lou Albano, and the Grand Wizard are all inducted, it makes sense to get the last great manager of the 1980's in (well, there's also Slick who was pretty good too). After that, I think the WWE would be wise to induct living inductees to make up for the emotional main event (Macho Man and Elizabeth). I think that Demolition, Arn Anderson (who's also long overdue), and Jake Roberts would be good candidates. As long as Jake Roberts gets himself clean and sober, just for the HOF ceremony, that would be a fun, and positive induction. Arn Anderson is reportedly one of the funniest guys in the business, so he could lighten things up. It's pretty much already confirmed that Mil Mascaras and Carlos Colon are going in, which I have no problem with. If they want to induct a celebrity, Mike Tyson and Donald Trump are probably the best two options. I think that Mr. T., Muhammad Ali, and Cyndi Lauper would also make fine candidates (Muhammad Ali would probably garner more press than anyone except for Donald Trump), but it's probably more realistic to get Mike Tyson and Donald Trump involved, as Mr. T reportedly turned down an induction a few years ago.

And as for the WWE "running out of HOF headliners" that's just ludicrous. You still have Bruno Sammartino and the Ultimate Warrior, who will be difficult to get in admittedly as they've refused, though I think with time the Warrior could budge. Not to mention you have Mick Foley and the Undertaker (who will retire in the upcoming years if not this year). Then there's the Rock and Macho Man depending on who doesn't get in this year (hopefully only one will). Edge can headline a class when they go to Canada. Then there's Triple H, Brock Lesnar, and Kurt Angle when he retires. Heck even if Sting retired and agrees to be inducted, even though he never wrestled for the WWE, he's still a big enough star to headline on his own (though that's a little far fetched admittedly). Then by the time all of those guys have been inducted you have current superstars who will be on the verge of retirement or at the end of their careers like Chris Jericho, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, CM Punk, etc. And of course Vince McMahon, who will hopefully accept induction one day (if Jann Wenner can get himself inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, than Vince McMahon undoubtely should be in his own HOF, as he did way more for the wrestling business than Jann Wenner ever did for rock and roll).

And there are litterally hundreds of non-headlining HOFers that can fill out the next 10 years worth of classes. Some ideas off the top of my head.....

Bob Backlund (who should honestly headline a class, accomplishment wise, but he just wouldn't draw fans in addmittedly), Kevin Sullivan, Magnum TA, Tully Blanchard, Ole Anderson, Lex Luger, King Kong Bundy, Dynamite Kid, Rick Martel, the Honky Tonk Man, Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, Bad News Brown, Mike Rotundo, Barry Windham, Haku, the Barbarian, the British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Bam Bam Bigelow, the Big Boss Man, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Sid, Goldust, Jeff Jarrett (unlikely), Brian Pillman, Kane, The Big Show, Booker T, William Regal, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Tazz, JBL, etc.

Then as far as old school and international wrestlers that the WWE could induct to further "legitimize" their HOF.....

Ed "Strangler" Lewis, Frank Gotch, Lou Thesz, Jim Londos, "Whipper" Billy Watson (a great candidate for the Canadian class), Gene Kiniski (another great Canadian inductee), Haystacks Calhoun (probably the biggest old school WWE superstar not in the HOF besides Bruno Sammartino), Ivan Koloff, Ray Stevens, Johnny Valentine (Greg Valentine's father), Wahoo McDaniel, Jackie Fargo, Dick Murdoch, the Destroyer, Rikidozan, Giant Baba, El Santo, Gory Guerrero and the rest of the Guerrero family, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Tiger Mask, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, the Great Muta, Blue Demon, Perro Aguyao, El Canek, Dara Singh (would further their market into India).

Still plenty of tag teams to induct.....

The Fabulous Kangaroos (the first great tag team in pro wrestling history), Brusier and Crusher, the Andersons (Gene and Lars), The Moondogs, The British Bulldogs, the Rock and Roll Express, the Midnight Express, The Killer Bees, Demolition, the Bushwackers, the Fabulous Rougeaus (great candidate for the Canadian class), the Steiner Brothers, the Fabulous Freebirds, the Natural Disasters, the Nasty Boys, the Harlem Heat (though Booker should probably go in as a solo wrestler), the New Age Outlaws, the Dudley Boyz, and the Hardy Boyz.

Then as far as "Non-Wrestlers" like announcers, managers, promotors, etc..

Ed Whalen, Bob Caudle, Lance Russell, Tony Schivanoe, Sam Muchnick, Jim Crockett, Jim Barnett, Paul Boesch, Don Owen, Paul Heyman, Eric Bischoff, Jim Cornette, Slick, Gary Hart, etc.

And as far as female inductees go....

Mildred Burke, Penny Banner, Judy Grable, or any other sold school female wrestlers, then onto more modern ones like Luna Vachon, Alundra Blayze, Bull Nakano, Sable, Trish Stratus, Lita, etc.

The Hall of Fame shouldn't run out of inductees for at least another 10-15 years it will be fine.

Edge wont get inducted this year, or next year i'd say, he's only just "retired" and it would be overshadowed if The Rock gets inducted.

The Rock, most likely since he's competing at Mania and isn't gonna stick around for long after. (that's not a dirogatory against him) Cena should induct him lol

Randy if the family goes along with it should be a shoe in, they've already done the video intro for him with the tribute they did also should be atleast his father, inducted by Lanny. whether Lanny gets in aswell is hit and miss

either way as is the usual the past few yrs, there will be only 1 headline induction, 1 sentimental one and the rest are just fillers.

christ some of these posters have vivid imaginations. If the WWE were fair dinkum and having a legitimate Hall of Fame, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Randy Savage and the Ultimate Warrior would be inducted regardless of whether the actual wrestler wanted to be. Its WWE's HOF, they can dictate who is and isnt. If they want to forgo the special night, the money attached from WWE for attending and not let the fans celebarte their careers, thats their own silly fault.
Now, no more than one dead wrestler or personality will be inducted in any one year. 2 weere in 2004(Studd and JYD), but there was also 11 inductees and it had been many years since anybody had been inducted. The Rock is already confirmed, he is the headliner this year, Mascaras and Colon are confirmed. The rest is simple heresay by fans. Just remember, with the headline spot and two foreign guys already confirmed, it will be a rank and file list of others to complete the other 4 or 5 spots. One will be Miss Elizabeth and another will be Arn Anderson.

And as for the WWE "running out of HOF headliners" that's just ludicrous. You still have Bruno Sammartino and the Ultimate Warrior, who will be difficult to get in admittedly as they've refused, though I think with time the Warrior could budge. Not to mention you have Mick Foley and the Undertaker (who will retire in the upcoming years if not this year). Then there's the Rock and Macho Man depending on who doesn't get in this year (hopefully only one will). Edge can headline a class when they go to Canada. Then there's Triple H, Brock Lesnar, and Kurt Angle when he retires. Heck even if Sting retired and agrees to be inducted, even though he never wrestled for the WWE, he's still a big enough star to headline on his own (though that's a little far fetched admittedly). Then by the time all of those guys have been inducted you have current superstars who will be on the verge of retirement or at the end of their careers like Chris Jericho, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, CM Punk, etc. And of course Vince McMahon, who will hopefully accept induction one day (if Jann Wenner can get himself inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, than Vince McMahon undoubtely should be in his own HOF, as he did way more for the wrestling business than Jann Wenner ever did for rock and roll).

And there are litterally hundreds of non-headlining HOFers that can fill out the next 10 years worth of classes. Some ideas off the top of my head.....

Bob Backlund (who should honestly headline a class, accomplishment wise, but he just wouldn't draw fans in addmittedly), Kevin Sullivan, Magnum TA, Tully Blanchard, Ole Anderson, Lex Luger, King Kong Bundy, Dynamite Kid, Rick Martel, the Honky Tonk Man, Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, Bad News Brown, Mike Rotundo, Barry Windham, Haku, the Barbarian, the British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Bam Bam Bigelow, the Big Boss Man, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Sid, Goldust, Jeff Jarrett (unlikely), Brian Pillman, Kane, The Big Show, Booker T, William Regal, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Tazz, JBL, etc.

Then as far as old school and international wrestlers that the WWE could induct to further "legitimize" their HOF.....

Ed "Strangler" Lewis, Frank Gotch, Lou Thesz, Jim Londos, "Whipper" Billy Watson (a great candidate for the Canadian class), Gene Kiniski (another great Canadian inductee), Haystacks Calhoun (probably the biggest old school WWE superstar not in the HOF besides Bruno Sammartino), Ivan Koloff, Ray Stevens, Johnny Valentine (Greg Valentine's father), Wahoo McDaniel, Jackie Fargo, Dick Murdoch, the Destroyer, Rikidozan, Giant Baba, El Santo, Gory Guerrero and the rest of the Guerrero family, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Tiger Mask, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, the Great Muta, Blue Demon, Perro Aguyao, El Canek, Dara Singh (would further their market into India).

Still plenty of tag teams to induct.....

The Fabulous Kangaroos (the first great tag team in pro wrestling history), Brusier and Crusher, the Andersons (Gene and Lars), The Moondogs, The British Bulldogs, the Rock and Roll Express, the Midnight Express, The Killer Bees, Demolition, the Bushwackers, the Fabulous Rougeaus (great candidate for the Canadian class), the Steiner Brothers, the Fabulous Freebirds, the Natural Disasters, the Nasty Boys, the Harlem Heat (though Booker should probably go in as a solo wrestler), the New Age Outlaws, the Dudley Boyz, and the Hardy Boyz.

Then as far as "Non-Wrestlers" like announcers, managers, promotors, etc..

Ed Whalen, Bob Caudle, Lance Russell, Tony Schivanoe, Sam Muchnick, Jim Crockett, Jim Barnett, Paul Boesch, Don Owen, Paul Heyman, Eric Bischoff, Jim Cornette, Slick, Gary Hart, etc.

And as far as female inductees go....

Mildred Burke, Penny Banner, Judy Grable, or any other sold school female wrestlers, then onto more modern ones like Luna Vachon, Alundra Blayze, Bull Nakano, Sable, Trish Stratus, Lita, etc.

The Hall of Fame shouldn't run out of inductees for at least another 10-15 years it will be fine.

I agree with you. If reports are correct that WWE feels like they are running out of inductees, they are mad. Other Hall of Fames like the WON and Pro Wrestling Hall of Fames induct more than 10 inductees each year. And that's because there are so many people who can get in.

1. Abe Coleman
  2. Arn Anderson
  3. Antonio Rocca
  4. Barry Windham
  5. Batista
  6. The Big Show
  7. Big Van Vader
  8. Bill Longson
  9. Billy Darnell
  10. Bob Backlund
  11. Bob Orton
  12. Booker T
  13. The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid)
  14. Brock Lesnar
  15. The Brooklyn Brawler
  16. Bruiser Brody
  17. Bruno Sammartino
  18. Dan Severn
  19. El Canek
  20. Carlos Colón
  21. Chris Jericho
  22. Christian
  23. Cibernético
  24. The Crusher & The Bruiser (Reggie the Crusher & Dick the Bruiser)
  25. Danny Hodge
  26. Danny McShain
  27. Diamond Dallas Page
  28. Dick Beyer
  29. Dick Hutton
  30. Dominic DeNucci
  31. Don Curtis & Mark Lewin
  32. Don Leo Jonathan
  33. Dos Caras
  34. Ed "The Strangler" Lewis
  35. Edge
  36. Édouard Carpentier
  37. Eric Bischoff
  38. The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy)
  39. The Fabulous Kangaroos (Al Costello & Roy Heffeman)
  40. Frank Gotch
  41. Fuzzy Cupid
  42. Gene Kiniski
  43. George Hackenschmidt
  44. Giant Baba
  45. Goldberg
  46. The Great Muta
  47. Gus Sonnenberg
  48. The Honky Tonk Man
  49. Ilio Dipaolo
  50. Ivan Koloff
  51. Jerry Jarrett
  52. Jerry Lynn
  53. Jim Barnette
  54. Jim Cornette
  55. Jim Londos
  56. Jim Neidhart
  57. Joe Stecher
  58. John "Bradshaw" Layfield
  59. John Cena
  60. Johnny Valentine
  61. Kane
  62. Karl Gotch
  63. Kenta Kobashi
  64. Kevin Nash/Diesel
  65. Kevin Sullivan
  66. Kurt Angle
  67. Larry "The Axe" Hennig
  68. Martin Burns
  69. Maurice Tillet
  70. Mick Foley
  71. Mighty Igor Vodic
  72. Mil Máscaras
  73. Mitsuharu Misawa
  74. Naoya Ogawa
  75. Owen Hart
  76. Orville Brown
  77. Pat O'Connor
  78. Paul Heyman
  79. Randy Savage
  80. Ray Stevens
  81. Rayo de Jalístico
  82. Rayo de Jalístico, Jr.
  83. Razor Ramon
  84. Rick Rude
  85. Rick Martel
  86. Rob Van Dam
  87. The Rock
  88. Ron Simmons
  89. Paul Vachon
  90. "Playboy" Buddy Rose
  91. Sabu
  92. The Sandman
  93. Shane Douglas
  94. Stanislaos Zbyszko
  95. The Steiner Bros. (Scott Steiner & Rick Steiner)
  96. Steve Williams
  97. Slick
  98. Sting
  99. Sycho Sid/Sid Vicious
  100. Tiger Mask
  101. The Tolos Bros. (Chris Tolos & John Tolos)
  102. Tony Garea
  103. Triple H
  104. Tully Blanchard
  105. The Ultimate Warrior
  106. The Undertaker
  107. Universo 2000
  108. Vince McMahon
  109. "Wild" Red Berry
  110. Whipper Billy Watson
  111. Wladek Zbyszko
  112. Yokozuna

And these are just men! Imagine how many lists I can make for women, and celebrities as well? WWE has to recognize that their Hall of Fame's potential is much larger than they give it credit for. They could induct 20 wrestlers a year and come 2050, they will still have enough inductees for 50 more years. They should really start to give credit to all the old-timers before they are completely forgotten in history.

Why are people touting Stone Cold to induct The Rock? Rocky Johnson and Mick Foley would be way before Stone Cold. The Rock didnt induct Stone Cold either.

Not sure The Rock would be inducted this year given he is in the main event. Would The Rock have time to be in the main event and do HOF? Lots of preperation involved for both! PLUS, be weird for some people seeing John Cena in the audience clapping and stuff. FINALLY...doesnt the HOF class come out during the event? This would take away from the Rocks pop at the end when he comes out last to face Cena!

Agree with others here with regard to it being too soon for Edge. I think either Rocky or the Macho King this year since they are both Floridians. Probably Randy. Undertaker when WWE inevitably goes to Texas, Edge if Toronto comes up in the next few years and Foley at MSG.

I think the right thing to do is to induct Savage. Savage is one of the most legendary in-ring competitors ever. Wrestling fan or not, nearly everyone knew who the Macho Man was and that's saying something. Not to discredit The Rock or even Edge, but I think Edge can wait another year and The Rock is still performing even if on an extremely limited basis.

I would love to see DDP or Sting inducted this year, but I am sure that it won't happen. Could you imagine, Sting being inducted and then wrestling against Undertaker in the streak match that a lot of people have wanted in the past? Unfortunately with his TNA affiliation it doesn't look possible.

I would like to see all three of them in and I believe at least two will be in there, as I can always see them wrongly or rightly leaving out Savage. With this beef for whatever reason between Savage and the McMahon family.

I like the idea of giving the HOF ring over in that performers hometown. Perhaps if The Rock doesn't get it in Miami, he could possibly be in line to get in there the next time LA is the host for Wrestlemania. Of course Canadians like Edge and Trish have to go in at Toronto but I can still see them going in the next few years even if they don't have Mania there.

Like tonight, away from that theory I still have a theory it could be the Rated-R Superstar EDGE!!!!!!!

2012 I feel will be the year of The Rock. It makes sense seen as WrestleMania XXVIII is in Miami, the Rock's hometown. It has been too long and he so deserves to go into it. Stone Cold went into the HoF in his hometown, so why not Rock? Then again, Randy Savage is also from Florida, so why not have a blockbuster HoF this year with Rock and Savage. It is a god damn shame Randy Savage died before being inducted, but believe it or not, now he is dead, he has a better chance of making it in.

Rumour has it WrestleMania XXIX is going back to Toronto. Perfect place for guys like Edge and Trish Stratus to be inducted into the HoF then, hometown and all. So, for 2012 I can certainly rule out Edge, and Macho Man, can't be certain.

Too many huge names. I do believe The Rock MAY, and I mean just MAY get in this year, but I wouldn't really bank on it. I say that because while he does have his big match with Cena, they've done this already with wrestlers who have big matches prior to being inducted and you don't really wanna run that course where a BIG match equates a major star being inducted. It somewhat dilutes it, even if that's just IMO.

Edge, not yet. Not even close to being ready yet. Sure, some folks have a short term memory but not that short. Edge just retired less than a year ago and to have him inducted now, above other more well deserving people would just be looney to say the least. There are still a great deal of former WWE & IC champs who have yet to be inducted and while Edge is great, he's not yet ready for HOF. It would be putting him in for the sake of putting him in right now.

So that leaves Macho Man. Yes. I do see see Randy going on, and while he may not be the main attraction, obviously since he's deceased, he will be one of the top draws. There's too many reasons why Savage deserves to be inducted. Most of you already know why. I say if two of the three goes, it's certainly gonna be Randy & The Rock...

Ya, know, on a side note: I wonder what a match between those two would've been like.

R
So without further adue, here's my 2012 Hall of Fame class:

1. The Rock (inducted by Steve Austin)
2. Randy Savage (inducted by Ricky Steamboat)
3. Bruno Sammartino (inducted by John Cena or CM Punk)
4. Carlos Colón (inducted by Primo, Epico & Carlito)
5. Yokozuna (inducted by Bret Hart)
6. Female Inductee: Miss Elisabeth (inducted by Trish Stratus)
7. Celebrity Inductee: Donald J. Trump (inducted by Vince McMahon...this would garner loads of publicity!)
8. Tag Team Inductees: The Fabulous Freebirds (inducted by Diamond Dallas Page)

Just FYI, you forgot Mil Marcaras. They've already announced that he will be inducted this year.

And for the topic at hand; you can't have all three go in the same time, you need to spread out the big names. Also, as much as I love Edge, there are a lot of others that need to get in before him.

Oh also, Feedback, How do you make this giant list of Wrestlers who need to be in the Hall of Fame, and put The Brooklyn Brawler on it but not Jake the Snake?

I'm kinda on the fence with the idea of inducting Rock on the same day he has a match with Cena at Wrestlemania. The whole point of the hall of fame is to remind the current generation of the greats that helped build the WWE to the point where it is today. Having Rock Main-Event, and be the obvious shining star in the Hall of Fame would be huge in Miami, the fans would be in a riot of marking out and joy. But is it really needed to have him be inducted in the same night of his biggest match?

christ some of these posters have vivid imaginations. If the WWE were fair dinkum and having a legitimate Hall of Fame, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Randy Savage and the Ultimate Warrior would be inducted regardless of whether the actual wrestler wanted to be. Its WWE's HOF, they can dictate who is and isnt. If they want to forgo the special night, the money attached from WWE for attending and not let the fans celebarte their careers, thats their own silly fault.
Now, no more than one dead wrestler or personality will be inducted in any one year. 2 weere in 2004(Studd and JYD), but there was also 11 inductees and it had been many years since anybody had been inducted. The Rock is already confirmed, he is the headliner this year, Mascaras and Colon are confirmed. The rest is simple heresay by fans. Just remember, with the headline spot and two foreign guys already confirmed, it will be a rank and file list of others to complete the other 4 or 5 spots. One will be Miss Elizabeth and another will be Arn Anderson.

Where exactly has it been confirmed for sure that the Rock is headlining this year's HOF class? Oh right, it hasn't been. The Rock headlining is just heresy like everything else that has been posted. The Rock "being confirmed" to headline is just assumptions on most fans part due to the fact that he's main eventing Wrestlemania and it's in his hometown. It's an ideal situation to induct the Rock unquestionably, but that doesn't make it confirmed. Until WWE officially announces it, nothing is confirmed.

Just FYI, you forgot Mil Marcaras. They've already announced that he will be inducted this year.

And for the topic at hand; you can't have all three go in the same time, you need to spread out the big names. Also, as much as I love Edge, there are a lot of others that need to get in before him.

Oh also, Feedback, How do you make this giant list of Wrestlers who need to be in the Hall of Fame, and put The Brooklyn Brawler on it but not Jake the Snake?

Damn, Jake the Snake... I knew I was forgetting someone. Well, I also missed another few like Brian Pillman, Big Boss Man, William Regal, The Dudleys, Gory Guerrero, Trent Beretta, etc.

As for Mil Máscaras, I completely forgot he was going in. I assume Alberto Del Rio is inducting him. I like the pick, it will have Mexico talking about WWE for months. But having him and Carlos Colón going in the same year would be unwise IMO, they should leave Colón for next year so the Latin community can be raving about WWE for two consecutive years.

Tonight Edge was announced as the "first" member of the 2012 Hall Of Fame. I wanted to be the first to post this because he is my all time favorite wrestler.

Please feel free to comment. Good move? Bad move? Too soon?

I'm really happy, but I was surprised it wasn't The Rock. I thought he would be the focal point of the HOF this year since it's in Miami. Also I thought Edge and Trish would be inducted when Mania comes to Toronto, but overall I'm excited.

*Edit* I put the word "first" in quotations because Mil Máscaras was actually announced first when WWE was in Mexico. FYI for people that didn't know.

While I still feel it's just a little too early, I still pretty much knew they were going to do this. Quite honestly though if The Rock is inducted this year which I think he is going to be Edge is going to be overshadowed big time.

Edge is my all-time favorite too! I am pumped right now. That made Raw great in my eyes already. I think that it was cool when Cena/Christian/Orton were talking.

People are going to complain that Savage is not the main event for the HOF but lets all keep in mind that it's hard to have a person that passed away main event. Should he be in there yes.
As for edge. I really have mixed filling as it its too soon or not. The only reason i think they did this so soon is business. It's going to pull more people in for tickets even more then it would before. But I would have liked theme to wait for a event in his hometown for wrestlemania to have him for the Hall of fame and I think that would have been better business.

Wow I was shocked. I actually thought it was the undertaker at first because the first thing I saw was smoke in the promo :wtf: must've been showing footage of his earlier career. But I didnt think he would get in soon after he retired or getting the Wayne Gretzky or Shawn Michaels treatment as I like to call it. It's great he deserved it and he's only 38. I think he might be the youngest to get inducted.? :shrug: I wonder who will get inducted next.

There are many more people who deserve to be in the hall for years now. EDGE does not need to be put in so soon. I really wish there was like a 5 year wait to get into it. Why not make it in Canada?

Rushing him into the HOF doesnt make it as special as if years went by and he finally comes back to be inducted.

He deserves to be in of course, but this is just WAY TO SOON.

I think it's awesome that he is being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. I for one don't think it is too soon, and he certainly is a very deserving candidate. Multiple titles, single and tag team, heel and face, and always a prominent player in the major story lines.

I loved seeing the video tribute to him, and hearing the interviews. In a way, though, it made me a little sad. I always hoped he'd be able to return in some limited capacity but generally speaking, once the Hall of Fame happens, you're done. I realize the extent of his injuries, but sometimes, you never now. HBK had career ending back troubles, yet he returned and competed at a high level for several years. I always hoped Edge would do the same. Now it appears to be pretty unlikely.

I love Edge. I do. I'm glad he's going to the HOF. I'm just concerned. People already stated that if The Rock were inducted Edge would be overshadowed and I agree. They should have waited till WM was in Toronto but overall I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back