WrestleZone Tournament Bar Room Sidetalk Thread

Basically. But a lot of people are convinced by arguments within the thread about who would win the match, and that's what separates the WZT from a general popularity contest.

In fairness that's what I find good about the tournament, that I go into a thread with the mindset of "definitely voting A" and then reading a few posts and the decision suddenly becoming much harder.

Devil's Advocate is a bitch, and I am her henpecked husband.

What a waste of time this tournament continues to be. The same people progress every single year in, what is quickly becoming, an increasing popularity contest. I'm done with it now and in the future.

Just throwing it out there what if the winner couldn't participate in the following tournament. It would at least make it a bit fresher

In fairness that's what I find good about the tournament, that I go into a thread with the mindset of "definitely voting A" and then reading a few posts and the decision suddenly becoming much harder.

Devil's Advocate is a bitch, and I am her henpecked husband.

Never implied it was a bad thing; it is a good thing; all you'd really need is one poll every year for a popularity contest, but the staff goes the extra mile to create a tournament, and we should really be thankful for it.

Here we go....Andre The Giant Vs Ladders.

Also people complaining about it being "the same final four" don't seem to "get it".

Its clear why you are pro wrestling fans

If I marketed a Slyfox696 cologne, I very much doubt you would be able to afford it.
Fragrance.jpg

Hows Warrior getting on? My best memory of this tournament is still the sheer anger his progression got when folks got behind him, I like to think my paint drawings helped with that

Sly is right, I cannot afford to waste money on musky piss water in a cock shaped bottle. He must feel strange, shaking that on every morning.

The way Ech is going on, you'd think someone stuck their arm up inside his mother and used her as a saggy sock puppet to cast their vote for Funk last round.

The way Ech is going on, you'd think someone stuck their arm up inside his mother and used her as a saggy sock puppet to cast their vote for Funk last round.

She's been walking funny since yesterday. I believe this is exactly what happened.

Just throwing it out there what if the winner couldn't participate in the following tournament. It would at least make it a bit fresher

I'd push for a loser's bracket. Give those guys that get upset in the early rounds a chance to surprise in the end. Mr. Perfect comes to mind.

No Stan Hansen to be found in this tourney... in his HOF year... and I really don't even care.

I think I've finally lost my smile.

Hansen was accidentally left off. By the time I realized it the brackets were already released. He certainly wasn't forgotten and would have been around a 15 seed.

"It's Always the same people at the end"

Our current last 8 in the previous 8 tournaments:

Steve Austin - 6 quarter final appearances, last appearance 2015
Kurt Angle - 1 quarter final appearances, last appearance 2015
John Cena - 5 quarter final appearances, last appearance 2015
Harley Race - 0 quarter final appearances
Sting - 4 quarter final appearances, last appearance 2014
Andre the Giant - 1 quarter final appearances, last appearance 2014
Ric Flair - 3 quarter final appearances, last appearance 2013
Goldberg - 0 quarter final appearances

Former quarter finalists not featured this year:
Daniel Bryan
Undertaker
Brock Lesnar
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
The Rock
Lou Thesz
Triple H
Hulk Hogan
El Santo
Bruno Sammartino
CM Punk
Randy Savage
Edge
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Rob Van Dam
The Big Show
Big Van Vader

I think this year has turned up a decent finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back