WrestleZone Tournament Bar Room Sidetalk Thread

Personally I find the early to mid rounds the most interesting, but I've enjoyed every moment of it.

I hate hate hate voting against my boys. I'm talking people like Regal and Goldust. If I had my way the final would be all the comedy midcarders, but I know that's ridiculous and stupid.

Not as stupid as that KP guy proposing all those people running in on the final match. Surely what the match of the century needs is interference by completely unrelated wrestlers just for the hell of it...

I know Andre is going to lose. That doesn't bother me too bad. What bothers me more is that no one (not even Sly) has made an interesting argument on Cena's behalf.

So much this.

I went into it with Andre as my pick but was willing to consider other views. There have been times in this tournament where my opinion has been influenced by strong arguments. The debate for this final match has so far really favored Andre, imo.

The written Andre posts have been well-researched; detailing Andre's won/loss records, his legacy in wrestling, importance to the business in kicking off PPV, and his influence in popular culture. Cena's arguments seem to be because underdog is better and because he could pick him up. Many people are only considering Andre at the very end of his career, completely neglecting his prime.

I'm also confused as to why some are taking it for granted that Andre would be the heel. He is one of most beloved wrestlers the world has seen while Cena has had a tough time just with WWF crowds.

I am the walrus?

Exactly.

Andre deserved to win. Most of the Cena arguments were somewhere between lame and stale. Most of the anti-Andre arguments were somewhere between untrue to misguided.

The idea that this was an underdog story and Cena should win because his back was against the wall didn't hold much weight considering Cena came in a #1 seed.

Enviousdominus did a really good job and nightmare pulled through on many occasions. My arguments were way out of left field but I felt that might get Andre some votes.

I'm glad he finally got the win. Now to get one for Junkyard Dog.

I doubt I helped any. My 2 posts consisted of shitting on others posts when they were so asinine and ******ed I had to say something.

Exactly.

Andre deserved to win. Most of the Cena arguments were somewhere between lame and stale. Most of the anti-Andre arguments were somewhere between untrue to misguided.

The idea that this was an underdog story and Cena should win because his back was against the wall didn't hold much weight considering Cena came in a #1 seed.

Enviousdominus did a really good job and nightmare pulled through on many occasions. My arguments were way out of left field but I felt that might get Andre some votes.

I'm glad he finally got the win. Now to get one for Junkyard Dog.

JYD is going to be easy. We just have to use the New Daylorean to go back and make sure half the competitors either died in a plane crash or committed murder suicide. I'll grab some road snacks & pick you up after work. Let's make JYD great again.

A tournament built exclusively around jobbers would be pretty interesting. Although...we all know Tito would win.

.... I see the finals of that being different. Brooklyn Brawler vs Barry Horowitz if we vote based on who jobbed the most. Unless, of course, Lee can finally get Stevie a title.

.... I see the finals of that being different. Brooklyn Brawler vs Barry Horowitz if we vote based on who jobbed the most. Unless, of course, Lee can finally get Stevie a title.
Tyler Breeze would surely be competitive in a jobber tourney.

Enviousdominus is the reason that I voted for André. He had the most compelling and passionate arguments. He did a great job.

If the jobbers lost, wouldnt they win?

Anyway Lombardi and his body are on a long deserved vacation.

Insert jokes where you may.

I would say it'd be on who was the best at jobbing...Whether it was elevating talent, or just taking an ass-whooping.

So, clearly, it would be between Jericho and Ziggler.

Andre was behind one vote before I made my argument for Andre. Then he wins the whole tournament.

Coincidence? I think not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back