WrestleZone Best / Favorite Wrestler

Vega

^______^
The WrestleZone melting pot blends multiple kinds of wrestling fans. Old Schoolers, kids, WWE marks, TNA marks, indy guys, puro fans and so on.
What I want to know is: out of all those groups and opinions, who comes out as the highest esteemed and who as the most loved wrestler?
To make it totally clear, I want two results:
  1. Greatest Wrestler Ever
  2. Favorite Wrestler Ever

So, how does it go down?

You send me your Top 20 lists via PM (Greatest and Favorite or only one of those) and I'll add the points. Points will be given as follows:
#20: 1 point
#19: 2 p. (1 more)
#18: 4 p. (2 more)
#17: 7 p. (3 more)
#16: 11 p. (4 more)
#15: 16 p. (5 more)
#14: 22 p. (6 more)
#13: 29 p. (7 more)
#12: 37 p. (8 more)
#11: 46 p. (9 more)
#10: 56 p. (10 more)
#09: 67 p. (11 more)
#08: 79 p. (12 more)
#07: 92 p. (13 more)
#06: 106 p. (14 more)
#05: 121 p. (15 more)
#04: 137 p. (16 more)
#03: 154 p. (17 more)
#02: 172 p. (18 more)
#01: 191 p. (19 more)
In one week (let's say 04/01/11, 00:00 UTC), voting time is up and I'll release the results (Top 20).

Oh, and of course I won't tell who voted who.

I hope for an at least double-digit participation number, just to keep it slightly representative.

Happy voting! :)

€dit: Ah, and of course you can vote anyone from Hornswoggle over Misawa and Blassie to Sting. And don't do something like having Razor Ramon AND Scott Hall in your list. I mean wrestlers, not characters.

I think the overall WZ best wrestler is being decided in the tournament at the moment.

HBK has won it the last couple of years, and he has a good chance of doing it this year too

The tournament is more about dominance in my opinion, and stipulations and drawing luck are factors. Like Goldberg defeated Flair, but I don't think anyone would put Goldberg over Flair in a "Greatest Ever"-list.

And I think HBK has won it once.

Yeah, it kinda seems redundant, but for the sake of your thread, I'll go ahead and tell you that my all time favorite wrestler was Razor Ramon, with Taker being a close second.

Tournament is a combination of the two, not one or the other, which is why this works. Not really interested in "greatest" as we discuss that enough as it is, but favorites are always interesting discussions to the point I have never understood why we do not do it more. Favorite tag teams would be an interesting topic.

Okay, I thought about it. Since there is already the WrestleZone Tournament to determine the WZ Greatest Wrestler, I think this should concentrate on personal favorites. It may be better to not overload it and only having to make one toplist could lower the hurdle of participating. Other votings of this kind could still be made later this year, if it doesn't totally bomb.

So, if you want to participate, simply PM me a Top 20 list, consisting of your personal favorite wrestlers.

(Too bad I can't edit the opening post anymore...)

Thanks to all of you who participated or gave feedback!

So far, one day passed and six people sent their lists. Right now, it looks interesting. Only one wrestler has been on everyone's list and is leading (a little surprise in my book), the three guys following were mentioned five times.

The more participants, the more representative. Right now, two wrestlers who were only voted once (as #1) still rank as #12 overall. I want those who are only voted once out of the Top 20, so I need more input.

If you want to take part, send me your Top 20 favorite wrestlers via PM.

Thank you and have fun! :)

We're at eight. Well, that's not representative in any way, but you can still participate. There's still a wrestler who was only voted once at #2 in the Top 20, and another #1 vote at 15. Currently, it seems like three wrestlers are fighting for the top. Come on, I want double digit participation at least.

If you want to help making the favorite list more objective, send me your Top 20 favorite wrestlers via PM.

I think I will release the results the day of WrestleMania (can't do it before).

Thanks!

Just the favorite list right now, as greatest is more or less decided in the tournament, it's easier to concentrate on one list and favorite is more like something that can have surprises and mentions nobody expects. I thought about making the "greatest" thing later this year, but if I barely get ten participants here, I don't think it makes much sense to continue the concept. I have some (four) greatest toplist gathered already and wouldn't mind doing that as well, but I felt that would be of even less interest.

Thank you all!

No, there's no too late until I say stop. :p

The guy who has a #1 vote and wasn't voted by anyone else scratches the list at #20 overall, so at least one more participant would be great (more better of course).

Interesting fact: Only one wrestler (currently leading, but not by far) has been voted more than once as #1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back