Wrestlemania in 3D

Aotearoa (Bushwacker)

Pre-Show Stalwart
So here's my ramblings...
I was replying to another thread and it got me thinking about Wrestlemania. This year we (NEW ZEALAND) are hosting the Rugby World Cup. The finals will be broadcast in movie theatres around the country and in 3D.
My thoughts are, they should do this with wrestlemania. Not everyone can make it to the live event but why not broadcast it in theatres around the country and why not move into 3D with the rest of the world. I'd pay good money to see Wrestlemania in a theatre and would be prepared to pay the same as watching the PPV at home. WWE could still make serious money from this.
So thoughts....
Goo idea?
Bad idea?
Agree...
Disagree...

3D hasn't caught on yet. It's a bad idea at least right now. IF it does catch on than yes having the option to watch in 3D would be great.

3D hasn't caught on yet. It's a bad idea at least right now. IF it does catch on than yes having the option to watch in 3D would be great.

Hold up...You think it's a bad idea, but if everybody else does it then you'll follow, and think it's a good idea then. But only if everybody else is doing it? Nice.

It'll be done, Murdoch would want to see this considering the huge investment made in 3D and seeing its covering quite a number of sports.... there is a market so expect his empire to seize on it.

Hold up...You think it's a bad idea, but if everybody else does it then you'll follow, and think it's a good idea then. But only if everybody else is doing it? Nice.

I have no idea where you got I was a follower. I never even said I like 3D or watch it 3D if they did add it. All I said was having the option would be great for people if it became the standard like HD has. Barely anyone has 3D tv's so what's the point? Why give an option that no one has? It's completely pointless. HD on the other hand has caught on and many people do have it so the WWE added it.

It's not a bad Idea and I could see them doing Wrestlmania 30 as 3-d listed as Wrestlemania 3D.m something like that.

It's not a bad idea, this year's WM had crappy matches, we need something that won't make us fall asleep next year.

I'm not sure if 3-D cameras can be carried around like regular cameras,but I guess it would make the money fans are paying seem more worthwhile.The sight of Undertaker diving off the top rope into your living room or into the theater would be sweet.The thing is,I don't think cinemas worldwide would be willing to show Wrestlemania in their theaters because there aren't a lot of people that are going to be watching,compared to,let's say,the World Cup (both football and rugby) or the Superbowl,or even a Boxing fight(a mega-fight,like Pacquiao-Mayweather).Not to mention,while it starts at 7pm Eastern time,that's midnight in Europe and about 7am in Asia.I'm willing to wake up at 6:30am to watch Wrestlemania at home,but I won't be willing to drag myself out to a cinema to watch Wrestlemania.

It's an interesting idea,but with the current popularity levels of wrestling,I don't think it'll happen anytime soon,unless there's a sudden boom in 3D-TV sales.

3D? I dont think so. Its much too gimicky for a wrestling event. I take that back. A "sports entertainment" event.
Then again, whatever puts money in Vince's wallet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back