3D PPV

I was just reading online that WWE is considering doing 3D pay per views starting with Summerslam. I think that this terrible idea and more proof that Vince McMahon and the WWE are seriously starting to lose it. I have never been into 3D and professional wrestling is probably one of the worst things to be in 3D. Who would want to see watered down wrestling in 3D? For what for WWE to charge a extra 10 or 20 dollars for a crappy pay per view? WWE shouldn't focus on whether there events should be in 3D they need to focus on how to make their pay per views better like have better quality matches with better build up and maybe focus on your roster and let them showcase their abilities instead of watering down everything. This is going to be a huge fail made by WWE and I will not order and waste my money on any pay per view in 3D.

Well that's how I feel about 3D pay per views tell me how you feel about this.

I tend to agree with you, but as for your question: "Who would want to watch this?"

The answer: little kids. And that's who the product is currently aimed at, as we all know. They would probably be intrigued, and although the buys would probably be down, the overall increase in cost would probably make up for it. I can definitely see WWE trying to do this, especially after seeing how proud they are that their product is now in WWE HD!

But anyway, this will probably happen at some point, but who knows if it'll be successful or not. Hopefully it'll just be a one time thing, if it happens at all. At worst, maybe a once per year thing, but I don't think they'll start trying to convert everything to 3D ever, I just don't see that happening.

I, like you, wouldn't be upset if it never came to fruition, though. It probably would be a waste of money.

The UFC has been doing this for a few PPVs. You can go see it in theaters. I think the tickets are $25 and from what I have heard the theaters usually sell out. So if they could do it like that then it could be mildly successful

More marketting, why not? It's not that much more cost to do, and they obviously will still do standard 2D of course, so there's not much risk.

you also mention that they should focus elsewhere.... How would the product going 3D affect the matches? They're completely unrelated, you're mixing marketting with creative.

You have a large emphasis on yourself, you do realize there are other people in this world, yes? there's a market for 3D, therefore, WWE should explore it.

LOL. I was just kidding about WWE ppv's in 3D on one of the comment sections in the news and now I read that they are actually considering it? Damn, that sucks. I seriously can't tell you much I hate 3D right now. It was cool when you'd see it every once in a while, but now every damn movie seems to be in 3D. I have a 3DS but I leave the stupid 3D off. I really don't wanna see pro wrestling in 3D, unless of course I see diva tits in my face, that might be the only good thing to come from it. :)

I know the WWE are set on doing what ever they can to get kids to watch. I understand this, but they have to be careful. If they alienate the older audience who have watched 10 ,20, 30 years and have been with them through thick and thin they could have a major problem. Kids today have so much to entertain them, and thus many of them have a shortened attention span. I don`t believe they are going to keep watching and be life long fans like someone like myself who has watched since mania 1. If WWE slowly pushes away the hardcore fans by getting too childish and insulting our intelligence, they, I fear, will lose us once and for all. Then once we are gone, and the kids get tired of watching wrestling and start watching or doing something else, the WWE will be sunk. I know they need to keep trying to get a new upcoming audience, but they have to be careful on how they do this. If they get too childish and the PPV`s get pricier I think they will lose a large part of the true loyal fans who are adults now and know the value of a dollar and know when they are being ripped off. I hope the WWE see this issue and don`t take it lightly. I would still love to see a r rated show for the adults and a pg show for the kids all under the WWE name. Raw, which is on a school night could be R rated and Smackdown, on friday could be PG. Split the roster into 2 groups on where they would fit best. For Example, Punk, Orton, Triple H, could be on Raw, and Cena, Big Show and Rey Mysterio could be on SD. This would give something for everyone, and would show the WWE wants to truly entertain their entire audience, instead of mixing it all together and nobody really getting what they want.IMO.

3D pay per views? On immediate instinctive thought it seems absurd, after some thought it doesn't seem like to abysmal an idea.

3D is something that is very gimmicky it's seen as something for young children who happen to be WWE's target demographic. Kids could see this as being rather "cool" or "awesome", in simpler terms something to be attracted to through looks mostly. I am curios as to how WWE can pull this off but never doubt the WWE production crew.

I personally feel that 3D on anything much less professional wrestling is a waste of money. Now do the majority feel that way? Looking at the evidence for 3D or "Imax" films and their high frequency of releasing I would say that making some form of media 3-dimensional can be profitable. I'm not too sure as to whether this concept would be successful or not but I think it's at least worth a try. Sure I am not going to spend extra money PPVs because they are implied to pop out at you in 3D but I can't speak for the WWE universe.

I say go for it, it won't alienate anyone and if it fails you can always go take it back, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Is everybody forgetting that New Japan already does PPV's in 3D overseas? I've never heard a bad thing about it. Last I checked they don't do anything to "enhance" the 3D, but yeah, still no complains. I'd be down to check out a PPV in 3D to see how it is. Especially with the backstage segments more then likely helping the 3D stand out.

Ugh. I'll be a happy camper the day that this 3D business goes the way of HD-DVD.

I refuse to buy into the marketing ploy of what used to be "fun and games" when I was a little kid. The fact that 3D is hard to escape now is annoying. I refuse to pay inflated theatre prices to watch it and thank goodness theatres are smart and don't just show 3D versions of movies, but the 2D versions as well. There are plenty out there that feel the same way I do, especially after watching a couple in 3D, but there again there are plenty still buying and that's what matters. As long as the public is buying, they will continue to shove it further down our throats with movies, tv shows, video games, etc... I'm surprised they don't have 3D billboards yet like in Back to the Future to be quite honest... Talk about killing me wanting to go out in public, ha!

WWE to me would be making a mistake here, but it's theirs to make and we shall see how it goes. I just know I won't be contributed to that part of the PPV revenue stream.

Great idea. I love 3D when it's well made. It won't help though if they continue putting out weak, boring storylines with no build and no good resolution, along with cookie cutter clone "sports entertainers" with no character or charisma masquerading as "superstars".

The answer isn't "kids" that's just foolish. This whole 3D propaganda bullshit isn't because of kids. Maybe if by "kids" you mean 15 year olds and people who act like teens. The WWE is likely pushing 3D because that's pretty much where the entertainment industry is going. If you don't keep up, you get passed by. WWE's competition isn't "TNA" it's all of entertainment.

Well if they have 3D then they can really push wrestlers down your throat :p
It's all about improving the experience and keeping up with the Jone's that being the Entertainment Industry as TWJC said.

TV's are 3D, Big Movies have been doing 3D versions for years, there's even Holgraphic Galleries and Museums, why not WWE aswell they are promoted as all round "entertainment" afterall.

Like with 3-d films and television, its all just another gimmick. a piece of shit is a piece of shit, no matter if its 2-d or 3-d. its a sad indictment of the general public that some will go and see something they'd bash, just because its in 3-d. but hey, that's the modern moron.

maybe wwe should think about improving their product before they start getting fancy ideas. i love the way vince and his cronies seem to be the last to jump on a bandwagon also. first the horrific escapade that's been twitter gate, ("hey king. guess what's trending! #ridingcoattails ") and now it looks like we are going to have to put up with brodus clay gyrating in 3-d. i wonder what's next?

and for those who say, it will get the quick buck. since when did that become a commendable trait? didn't we use to bash such? i also cant see those who buy into the 3-d fad thinking "hey, i dont watch wrestling usually but now its in 3-d. heres my wallet!"

the pyros and hype videos could be fun. I don't have a 3D TV, I'm assuming the visual is similar to a fish tank, unless you have a huge screen.

I don't get the hate for this. "Instead of using gimmicks, why not improve the product". Well, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Do you really think the writers are also the people making the 3D decision? WWE is a global company with market capitalization in the hundreds of millions of dollars. In all likelihood, they'll be making 3D movies soon (which there movies honestly aren't any worse than any other simple plot, poor acting summer blockbuster, they just don't have the candy to lure you away like Michael Bay). It's economical to "kill two birds with one stone".

The WWE doesn't get enough credit for simultaneously doing a very good job at trying to stay mainstream and putting on what is really a niche product (anyone else notice how much the Superbowl has taken from the Wrestlemania? Same theme, preview packages, etc). Believe it or not, consistently being near the top in ratings year round for 20 years and consistently drawing more fans per year than most pro sports teams is impressive. Regardless of how much you not being in their key demographic anymore has hurt your perception of the product, they still know what they're doing.

I detest 3D and refuse to watch a 3D PPV. If they go this route then they better offer a 2D alternative for those who share my opinion that 3D is stupid. It would be terrible, and I cringe at the thought of creative having to focus on what could effectively appear better in 3D rather than trying to put on a show for the fans in attendance. I don't know what could possibly lead them to think that ANY good can come from the idea of 3D PPV's. I'd rather see the XFL come back permanently than watch a 3D PPV even once.

If they try it for one or two shows, I don't see the harm in giving it a shot. They will hopefully offer a 2D alternative for those of us who aren't interested, realize that it won't make them any extra money, and go back to the format that already works. If for whatever reason they did switch over to 3D for every PPV, then I would simply quit ordering PPV's. I loathe 3D and would not put up with it ruining a wrestling event the way it already ruins some movies these days. I want to see action, not things coming out of the screen at me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back