Wrestlemania 26- All Purpose Thread (Do NOT post entire Mania cards in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my 1st real post so please bear with me...

I don't think Morrison is ready to be the final match at a Wrestlemania just yet. Hopefully one day, because I'm a big fan of his, but he honestly isn't ready. But that doesn't mean he can't be in a World Title Match at The Show of Shows. The WHC and WWE titles matches are never back-to-back to close out the show. You could have him in that title match, and not have to worry about affecting the buy rate buy having a "rising star" in the Main Event. And buy having against Batista it will be okay, because Batista has been in the middle of the card several times at WM:

WM 20 (2004) w/ Evolution vs Rock n Sock Connection
WM 23 (2007) WHC Match vs Undertaker
WM 24 (2008) vs Umaga

My point is, if you simply put Morrison vs Batista in the middle of the card it won't be as risky of a move then putting that match in the Main Event and having it potentially fail.

I think that because CM Punk was higher than Kofi Kingston at the time than it was good that Kofi didn't win it. Since then Kofi has become such a better wrestler and I predict him winning next year. Two other names for MINB next year also come to mind:

1. Christian: He should have won it this year but Vince doesn't like him. I Have a feeling that Christian will win thematch and then cash it in once he gets drafted to SD!

2. John Morrison: The guys been in great form and deserves a world title around his waist ( not counting the ECW championship as world). Also, he seems like CM Punk did last year, on a good midcard streak.

Ok, first of all, this shit about vince hates chrisitan is stupid. If he hated him, he wouldn't be there. Secondly, i'm pretty sure vince didn't hate angle, show, or benoit. Maybe now he hates two of them, but they were all either part of ecw or scheduled to be. Maybe he sees christian as a good teacher to the young guys on ecw.

Now, as far as mitb goes, I see jomo winning this year. The ic belt is off him now. It's time to see what the guy has. Yes, he's talented. But, there are a lot of talented guys who don't get to the main event picture. My second choice would be kofi, just because of the push he's getting at the moment. I could see christian winning it too. He'd be my choice as he's easily the best of the three i've mentioned for mitb. He deserves it too. Wouldn't be to suprised to see christian win and edge come back to feud with him over the case.

After reading the HBK v. Undertaker: Who retires first post, it got me thinking.

What do you think of a potential Career vs. Streak match at WM26

Obviously HBK's Career vs. Undertakers streak, but now it comes down to, which means more to some people, a streak that will quite honestly likely never be matched by anyone in this business, or the career of arguably one of the best ever to set foot in a ring. I didnt go with the idea of a Retirement match ala Savage and Warrior simply because I think there is more to lose for the Undertaker if both his streak and career are on the line against HBK. I think should the match be billed this way instead, that the fans, internet marks and wrestling people all over the world, would really have a "pick-em" attitude towards who they think would win..

What are your ideas? I think a match with these stipulations, would easily sell the PPV alone, regardless of the title matches that come before it. Yes I do say before it, because if anything else would follow this type of match at WM would be a waste. It should headline 100%

While watching RAW Monday night, I was shocked @ how HBK just blatantly threw down the gauntlet to the Undertaker, challenging him YET AGAIN, to a match @ next years Wrestlemania. While I missed the last Wrestlemania, unfortunately, I did recall, that the match up between HBK & Undertaker, was the match of the night, even though the Undertaker prevailed in the long run, just like he had 16 times before that, when he went 17-0 @ Wrestlemania. Now there is alot of talk circulating about the possibility of a rematch, & if there is one, if it should be labeled as a Career vs Streak type match up. I would have to say yes. Let it be labeled as such. Both HBK & Undertaker have been in the business for well over a decade, & both have accomplished great things while in the WWE, but we all know that both of their storied careers are due to come an end soon. Question is, which one is goin' to bow out 1st? I would love to see a rematch against those two ICONIC figures of the WWE. It would bring the house down in Arizona, & it would also bring out the best in both HBK & Taker. But if HBK does indeed pull of the inevitable, then I doubt that Taker would retire. However, I do see HBK hangin' it up if he were to fall to Taker yet again. Either way, it would be a match for the ages, & both HBK & Taker are 1st ballot Hall of Famers whenever they do decide to hang up the wrestling boots.

What are your ideas? I think a match with these stipulations, would easily sell the PPV alone, regardless of the title matches that come before it. Yes I do say before it, because if anything else would follow this type of match at WM would be a waste. It should headline 100%

Even if it were to headline Wrestlemania (which it should if it happens), I still hope that they do not do this match again this year. They just did it a year ago and it would be impossible, even for HBK and Taker, to live up to the awesome match they had last year. If they do this match again this year then it would tarnish the legacy of last year's great match. I hope that they go the previously predicted route having Taker face Cena and HBK face HHH instead because not only would both of those be great matches, but they are rematches from matches we saw YEARS ago rather than one year ago in HBK VS Taker's case.

I don't think that either HBK or Taker are retiring this year (although Taker may be close) and having this be their final match by putting Taker's undefeated streak as well as their careers on the line WOULD increase sales of the PPV.... but a rematch just one year after the original match, and a Taker match at Wrestlemania even? That just doesn't feel right because we already saw it a year ago. Know what I mean?

Undertaker deserves to retire when he chooses with his streak unbroken. He has served WWE for over two decades now without a single suspension. The guy is just a work horse. His work ethic is like that of someone from the WWII generation. They don't make them like that anymore. He's never had a problem or controversy. He's a leader in the locker room. Not only has Undertake been a model employee over the years, but he's ALWAYS been one of the most entertaining wrestlers in the business. The Undertaker has EARNED his streak. Let it keep going. Let him have it when he does decide to retire. He deserves it.

I think the re-match will happen in the Jan 4th RAW. They will build it up for a the next week leading to the match. At Jan 4 this will also allow them to compete with TNA.

Me thinks we could see a switcharoo here

Michaels vs. Undertaker for The World Title. Michaels wins the World Title. Then Triple H wins the WWE Title againts Sheamus.

No. Undertaker will never lose the streak, meaning Shawn would have to lose the match, and retire. I'm definitely not going to be for that. While I love the idea of them facing off again, I'd like Shawn to win, so it can't be at Wrestlemania. I like the idea of the above poster, that this takes place on January 4th. With a possible return of the Rock or Bret Hart as Guest Host, combined TNA would be killed in the ratings.

Also, The Undertaker shouldn't be the one to end Shawns streak. It should be Triple H, due to their history, or Chris Jericho, in a similar way to Flair's retirement was.

Hey after browsing today's wrestling news, I am thinking about a Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho world title match at Wrestlemania!!!!!

What if Rey beats Taker for the World Title?
What if Jericho wins the Royal Rumble?

I really have not even thought about this possible match...but it's a small possibility I guess!

Actually, this would probably be the show stealer!!!!

Rey, in my opinion, deserves another, better title run than his first.

Rey's first title run left a lot to be desired!!!

I think this possible match would be simply awesome for Wrestlemania!!!!

Jericho seemingly will NOT face Taker at Mania now.

Plus, Rey needs a good WM opponent...Jericho fits that bill!

Jericho is in the running to win the Rumble, so it makes perfect sense.

Hey after browsing today's wrestling news, I am thinking about a Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho world title match at Wrestlemania!!!!!

No. I absolutely must disagree there. That would be a terrible idea. Rey needs to be as far away from the World HEAVYWEIGHT Championship as possible because he's NOT a heavyweight!

What if Rey beats Taker for the World Title?

Not gonna happen.

What if Jericho wins the Royal Rumble?

Maybe, doubt it though.

Actually, this would probably be the show stealer!!!!

Maybe. They had some good matches this summer, but if it's up against Cena/Taker and HBK/HHH (both of which I still think will be happening this year) then it stands no chance at stealing the show.

Rey, in my opinion, deserves another, better title run than his first.

His first one was awful because cruiserweights should NOT hold a HEAVYWEIGHT championship. The ultimate underdog thing got so old. I like Rey better in the midcard where more guys are his size, his IC reigns were great.

Rey's first title run left a lot to be desired!!!

That's because it was terrible. If you take a cruiserweight then have him face giants and heavyweights all the time, it's going to get unbelievably boring. At least in my opinion.

I think this possible match would be simply awesome for Wrestlemania!!!!

It would be a good match if it's either a regular singles match or for the IC title. Rey should never win the World Heavyweight Championship again. Now, the WWE title is a different story because it's a world title but not a heavyweight title, do you see the difference?

Jericho seemingly will NOT face Taker at Mania now.

Probably not, it would have been a good match if they didn't ruin it by having it for free on Smackdown. Taker will hopefully face Cena.

Plus, Rey needs a good WM opponent...Jericho fits that bill!

He had his Wrestlemania moment already last year by defeating JBL in less than a minute. It got Rey more over, thus JBL was a good opponent.

Jericho is in the running to win the Rumble, so it makes perfect sense.

No, I'd say that Morrison or Kofi have better odds of winning it than Jericho.

Jericho should not face Rey at Wrestlemania unless it's a regular singles match or for the IC title. Them facing one another for the World title would be awful because as I pointed out before, Rey is NOT a heavyweight and the world title should be won by someone believable as a member of a heavyweight division.

This match shouldn’t happen or at least not this year. Who wants to see Undertaker beat Shawn Michaels again at Wrestlemania? The only way this match should ever happen is if they have a different outcome. How can you call Shawn Michaels “Mr. Wrestlemania” anymore if he loses to Undertaker back to back at Wrestlemania? They are both better off wrestling different opponents this year. I want to see Undertaker vs. John Cena like the rumors have said over the last few months. As for HBK I want him to wrestle HHH in a face vs. face match up for the WWE title.

There have been rumors this year that Shawn wanted to retire at this year’s Wrestlemania, but JR said on his blog said that Shawn was looking to wrestle a few more years. Why wouldn’t he? He works a limited schedule, doesn’t go to house shows, and there has been talks that he will be taking another 4-month break after Wrestlemania this year.

As for retirement matches, I don’t think the WWE should be doing these angles anymore unless the wrestler really wants to hang it up for good. Look at some of the past retirement matches.

1. Macho Man vs. The Ultimate Warrior – Savage lost and went on to wrestle for another 8 years after he lost his career.
2. Triple H vs. Mic Foley – Mic Foley took time off but is still wrestling today in TNA.
3. Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair – Ric Flair just wrestled in Australia and might be going to TNA with Hogan.
4. CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy - I bet in a year or two when Jeff Hardy has his life together he will be back in wrestling.

As for Undertaker and Shawn Michaels when they’re ready to hang it up for good it should be a huge celebration. Not just an angle that is picked up three months before Wrestlemania. Also it should not be until they want to hang it up for good, because who wants to see one of them retire just to come back a year later somewhere else.

I think Jericho will fight Edge if he comes back in time for wrestlemania. These's 2 have had great matches in the past ( e.g the great steel cage match) and it would be great to see them fight in the biggest event of the year. Throw in The Big Show and make it for the world heavywieght championship and it would be a great match especially as Edge would be the face in the fued.

If Edge is back by Wrestlemania time, that will probably happen/be great. They already pretty much set up the feud by having Jericho insult Edge with that promo where he was talking to him about being injury prone and the random cheap shots he took at him during promos. I don't remember seeing them fight ever, so this could be great or just alright.

With the recent ramblings of HBK on monday's RAW broadcast there is a strong possibility that there will be a rematch of the Wrestlemania 25 classic.

The question I have is simple, "Do you even want to see the rematch to begin with?

Personally, I do not. Not at all. The first one was so epic, such a monumental moment in the history of professional wrestling and in the respective performer's careers. It was perfect and had everyone, die-hards and casuals alike going into a frenzy - sitting on the edge of their seats. It was magical.

I think a rematch will accomplish nothing and just end up watering down the previous effort. Because we all know how it works in the WWE, there is always a third installment to "settle it once and for all". I believe having a rematch will be just as big of a mistake if Ric Flair were to return to the ring.

So what are youre thoughts? Do you really want to see a rematch?

No def not because HBK-Taker 2 like you said would water down the first one. The match they had at WM has set the stage for a match between the two of them, and honestly i doubt they can do it again.

I have to agree with both of you. The first Taker-HBK last year was so unbelievably epic there is no way these to could top that. I think they are both getting older and instead of focusing on recycling the feud they had last year they can be used in other ways.

To be honest, i hate the Undertaker vs. anyone at Wrestlemania. No matter how good the match is the outcome is beyond predictable. Knowing every year that Taker is going to win again actually makes me not interested in his match. After seeing Taker HBK last year, i was very excited but it still didnt change this opinion. The ONLY match up i feel that could perhaps put Taker's streak on the line is Cena.

Let's just leave the best match possible alone and not ruin the legacy of their first match.

I agree, there is no way these two could do it again. Neither are any better than they were a year ago and could only be worse. Besides, taker would just win again if it was at mania.

I'd have to agree with barbed wire on this one. I do NOT want to see a rematch, not because the 1st match wasn't the greatest match of the past 5 years and one of the top 10 matches of the previous 10 years, but because having a rematch would be complete over saturation of a match that should have been done once...Keep it that way. Whatever happened to the talk of a Cena/Undertaker match anyway, or did John Cena decide he didn't want to job to Taker? While I don't like Cena, I doubt this is/was/could be the case so I'm wondering why the WWE is teasing this "rematch". It's not like the fans forgot about it, I mean it was last freakin year. So I say no to Taker/Michaels II at Mania 26. Give Taker someone he hasn't wrestled like John Cena and let's see how that pans out.

That match would be hard to duplicate. It also seems too soon. Since Bret is going to be with WWE thru Wrestlemania I would rather see HBK work some kind of program involving Bret. Unless they had some kind of gimmick match, which I doubt because they are up there in age and don't need to take those kind of beatings anymore, I don't see it happening. I couldn't see them doing another hell in a cell cus there's no way they could top the first one. They aren't going to retire after this Mania so I don't see a career match. Also, Undertaker's character seems so supernatural, surreal, and totally different than anything else that I can't see him putting his "retirement" on the line when he's the phenom.

This is going to obviously be on the January 4th, 2009 Raw show. The WWE doesn't have the balls to run the same main attraction at WrestleMania two years in a row, no matter the performers, and rightfully so. I'm turned off by the notion of Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels again at WrestleMania because

1) The match will attempt to match up with last year's effort, and fail miserably.

2) Or they will try to put some shitty stipulation on the match, and have some emotional theme running over the match, and we're going to have enough of that the next time Triple H and Michaels fight.

So this is going to be on the 1/4 Raw because at Wrestlemania 26 is going to be all about Cena vs. Undertaker. Or that's how it should be.

But life went the way things should be, right now I would be having a money fight with my maid, while Taylor Swift and Beyonce fought over sucking my dick, and at the same time, Jessica Alba would be cooking me breakfast naked.

i dont want to see hbk vs undertaker because after the last match how could they make it any better the match at wrestlemania was amazing and took 4 months of wrestling away from both of them and took a good year off there careers so trying top better this match could mean no hbk or undertaker for 6 months + and a few years less of there careers so i wouldnt want to see this not a year after the first time maybe in a few years when they both want to retire instead book cena vs undertaker and use hbk to fight morrison in a wrestlings past vs wrestlings future similar to the rock vs hogan

If Edge is not going to be ready to return to feud with Jericho, I would not mind seeing Jerishow continue to reinvigorate the tag team division, perhaps with a match against the Hart Dynasty, who may get a kick in the ass from the return of the Hitman in the New Year.

However, in my opinion, Jericho should not be left out of the main event picture for the second year running. He has been too good for too long. I think that the HBK/Taker II build up may instead be a way to build HBK/HHH and I doubt that Cena will be fed to Taker next year after his loss to Sheamus. Therefore, I think that Y2J/Taker at WM is far from dead.

Well, thus far we are looking at a couple possibilities at Mania involving the said participants.

We've been told we are looking at The Undertaker taking on John Cena.

We've also been told we are looking at Shawn Michaels taking on Triple H.

Then, we've heard rumors about Cena and The Rock, if Rock actually wrestles. I still am not putting much faith in that happening though and think chances are 99:1 of not happening.

But it just seems a little on the early side for them to start this up again for Mania. Maybe Vince is just putting feelers out.

I wouldn't mind seeing it again as they did produce an outstanding match the first time, but would rule it out as a likely possibility of happening again, since:

1) I just don't see Shawn jobbing 2 years in a row
2) I don't see Shawn as the one to end Taker's streak, since he is coming to the end of his career.

Cena on the other hand, I do see as a viable person as ending Taker's streak.

Sidious, here's the problem with Cena being the one to end Taker's streak - he's already on a quasi-fine line with many of the fans. If Cena defeats Taker and ends the streak, there is a percentage of fans who will absolutely turn on him and mercilessly boo him. So unless there are plans to turn the clean-cut good guy and merchandise cash cow in Cena into a heel, it's a poor option every way you look at it.

Michaels, on the other hand, arguably came the closest. I went into Wrestlemania last year knowing in my heart that Taker would win the match. Shawn Michaels, in his infinite selling and storytelling ability, actually made me question that at several times last year.

If Michaels decides to put his career on the line against Taker's streak, then I give it 50/50. It's just as viable that Shawn would parlay a win into a last World Title run as it is that Shawn would lose and call it a career. It's also possible that Shawn could win and put 'Taker over by stating that no possible moment in his career could be bigger than this one, and walk away gracefully.

Chris Jericho is the only other guy I can think of right now who 1) has a realistic shot to beat Undertaker and 2) would benefit from it at his age and point in his career.

Sidious, here's the problem with Cena being the one to end Taker's streak - he's already on a quasi-fine line with many of the fans. If Cena defeats Taker and ends the streak, there is a percentage of fans who will absolutely turn on him and mercilessly boo him. So unless there are plans to turn the clean-cut good guy and merchandise cash cow in Cena into a heel, it's a poor option every way you look at it.

I think this is a little over-exaggerating what would likely happen. There is a fine line with wrestling fans as it pertains to Cena. Either you like him or you hate him. At this stage of the game, he is a very polarizing figure, and that line has been drawn with fans the moment they start watching WWE and see him.

In other words, you aren't going to like Cena today, and then turn around and hate him after the match for ending Taker's streak. Hell, there's a lot of people that don't care for Undertaker anymore either, because of his frequent coming and going. They probably would be happy if Taker had his streak ended by anyone, even Cena.

Although, I agree, it would be a big move towards turning him Heel. But that is all in how they book the match, and whether they make Cena look heelish in doing so.

But they obviously aren't going to give this win to someone really young, as they don't deserve it. Quite frankly, it's entertainment. I see no harm in giving the win to a veteran, in the name of entertainment. However, the key is to make it at least someone who has a couple years left.

Michaels, on the other hand, arguably came the closest. I went into Wrestlemania last year knowing in my heart that Taker would win the match. Shawn Michaels, in his infinite selling and storytelling ability, actually made me question that at several times last year.

I was fairly certain Taker was winning the match as well, from the get-go. However, I wouldn't have even objected if they gave the victory to Michaels ... again in the name of Entertainment.

As a Booker, I wouldn't necessarily be as concerned with using the streak to give a rub to someone, as much as I would be to continue to use it as a selling point and intrigue factor for Mania. There are an infinite number of ways to get talent over with the fans. And if the only way they can think of to get someone over is to give them a win over Taker at Mania, then I pity them. Quite frankly, maybe Creative should look to members of the IWC if they continue to struggle in this category. Either that, or look to their CEO and Head Writer, who is actually holding them back.

If Michaels decides to put his career on the line against Taker's streak, then I give it 50/50. It's just as viable that Shawn would parlay a win into a last World Title run as it is that Shawn would lose and call it a career. It's also possible that Shawn could win and put 'Taker over by stating that no possible moment in his career could be bigger than this one, and walk away gracefully.

And I would agree. Although I don't necessarily see the benefit to Shawn in doing a Career vs Streak Match. A streak is not on the same caliber as a man's career, in my view. You figure "Big deal", I ended a man's streak so he couldn't end my career. Now, what else do I get out of it, other than saving my career? How is Taker negatively affected since MY career was actually at stake, and he still can continue his?"

Now, if it were a Career vs Career match, then that really would spice things up.

Chris Jericho is the only other guy I can think of right now who 1) has a realistic shot to beat Undertaker and 2) would benefit from it at his age and point in his career.

Give Jericho a new character other than this completely over-rated generic one ... along with a renewed push .... and give his age, I would be inclined to agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back