With a new WWE logo confirmed, are we guarenteed a new WWE Championship Design?

The first point to be made is whether or not this new design going around the internet is what WWE is planning on using, if they are actually going to be changing the logo. I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone from WWE has confirmed it and I think there are more credible sources out there then the Honky Tonk Man. And as someone pointed out before, a new logo would mean new everything. New merch, new turnbuckles, new ring aprons, and possibly new titles. I'm not sure if WWE would want to do that.

But if this is true and this is the new logo, then a new title design would make sense. They could just change the middle logo on the current belt, and I'm sure they'll do that at first. I like the idea of bringing back the winged eagle belt, but I would rather see a new design as long as it looks good. I really hope they don't do the platinum thing like someone said they did too the ECW and Divas, as this makes it look like a second-rate title, especially if it's the biggest title in the company. As long as the title looks good and makes sense I'll be happy. Although I think the Bling Belt fits well with the current generation and wouldn't be mad if they kept it, a new design would be interesting.

Also the new logo kind of sucks, If they get rid of the E then I think it would be alright though.

Dont hold your breath.If it looks anything like the "new" ecw championship or the divas title,ill expect it it look like some fugly replica title a 10 year old would wear.Then again,i guess anything would be better than the current wwe title.And i could just imagine the cena heel turn where he destroys the current title.Great poet justice really.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I dont think a new logo is needed. Sure, the current logo is old, but it doesnt look old, if that makes sense. It really is pretty modern if you ask me. But most importantly, I dont know if its a smart move to change the logo. The logo is one of more recognizable logos in the world. In a time where wrestling is struggling, changing an already recognizable logo might not be the best idea.

As for the belt, I would like to see a new belt. Its more of a novelty item right now. I honestly think that with a newer, more professional look, the title will be seen as more of a prestigious championship than it is now.

Yes. They wont have the world title featuring the old logo as the centerpeice. Doesnt necessarily it goes away from the spinner look though.

The reason I would be happy with a new belt is that the current WWE Championship belt was made for a gimmick. That would be like keeping the Smoking Skull belt around for other wrestlers after Austin lost it. The current WWE championship belt doesn't even spin anymore. They lose the spinner and keep the gaudy rap bling?

Honestly, it looks cheesy on everyone, and even though the new logo looks iffy (someone said the WE channel logo and now I can't get that out of my head) a new belt is needed. If there was a belt I wish would come back, it's the Attitude Era Eagle belt. That was just a great looking title and if it was brought back today, it would still distinguish itself from the WHC belt.

bring back the winged eagle belt but under a new design. And while they are at it bring prestige back to the belt, like in the 80's when the belt meant something and quit passing it around like a hot potato. Have the title holder hold it for longer that few weeks or a couple of months. Give it to someone who really deserves, not just to get them over with the crowd.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I too am tired of the Spinner belt, it just doesn't look good at all.
I'd like to see "prestige" brought back into the belt, as well as a new design. Or hell, even an old design with a little face lift.

I heard the belt looks like the WWF logo, except it has WE instead of WF, and the logo has like...flames?? :shrug:

Well, I think WWE is just gonna take out the old logo and put the new one in on the belt. They can change it though, if they want.

Completely forgot about it and am excited about it. With the new logo comes a new belt and hopefully a new era. I'm tired of the spiderweb logo.

Also anyone notice the logo says WE? Isn't there a channel called that? Possible lawsuit anyone?

Since we are talkin about new Titles on Forumz I was thinking lets stop talking about the Former Unified Tag Belts and lets Starts about when we will see a NEEEEEEEW WWE Title. First of all the spinner belt doesnt spin second we have been tired of the belt since 2007 3rd I thought the title would only be for cena like how Austin had his Smokin Skull.

Either way I can agree for every fan and say that that belt needs to be Demolished and thrown away in a dumpster truck. Also Im not feeling the new WWE tag team title look, its just very plain and it has a gold boring look.

vivid-imaginations-wwe-title-belts--championship-spinning-belt.jpg
The Belt dont even Spin anymore like GOSH!

i was thinking about this yeasterday.

i prefer the WWE championship wen it was the rock/HHH era. The round 1 with the globe in the middle. It just looked good on whoever the vhamp was at the time.

The non-spinning-spinner just looks like a cheap piece of glittery crap.

The new tag titles look ridiculous, they almost look like they are made of copper or something. What's up with the spartan heads?! Are we now referring to wrestlers as gladiators?! I guess that should squash the talk of a new wwe logo coming out anytime soon, I don't think they would make new titles only to turn around and have to remake them again for the sake of a logo.

Yeah the new Tag titles are rubbish, i dont know what convinced them to get rid of the other 2 belts, they were so much better than the new ones.

The WWE belt does need to be scrapped, it was made for Cena's rapper gimmick (i think) and now thats gone whats the point of keeping the props?

I liked the Undisputed/pre-spinner WWE Title design a whole lot and would love to see a return to that design. If not, then something along the same lines. I just felt that belt seemed racked with tradition, like it was a real big deal. Same with the World Heavyweight belt. I hate the spinner design and think it's gonna be replaced before too long. I have a feeling by WrestleMania 27 we'll see a change in the design. I can but hope.

Now i just wanna chime in on the new WWE Tag Team belts. I kinda like the new design (I get a sensation of "old-school feel" when I look at them) but would have preferred the World Tag Team Title belt design, just get rid of the Smackdown WWE Tag design as I thought it was hideous.

Yeh..the WWE title needs to go....I have lost my patient with it and hate seeing it...Just bring back the undisputed look already!!

and as for the tag titles!!

WWERep_TT_Unified_Whole.png

They don't look good, whats with the gladiators/warrior, looks like the Saxons!! At least we have 1 set of belts now though!

I told people on skype and on twitter, these things just look like giant penny's. And what the hell is with the strap? looks huge and the end looks unfinished. Oh well thats wwe for you. Im just glad that we got rid of the two belts. Look better then having wrestlers cary around two belts i guess.

This title may end up being like the 2008 ECW title belt though, I hate it at first but grows on me as i see it more often.

Personally, I like how the tag titles look. It has something of an old school feel mixed with a modern edge. The whole thing with the helmeted Sparten soliders is unique, I've never seen that on a belt before. In the ancient world, Spartan unity is what made the Spartan warriors so fierce and feared throughout the Mediterranean world. That same unity is what the tag champs will have to have. Personally, I think it's an excellent use of symbolism.

The new tag titles look ridiculous, they almost look like they are made of copper or something. What's up with the spartan heads?! Are we now referring to wrestlers as gladiators?! I guess that should squash the talk of a new wwe logo coming out anytime soon, I don't think they would make new titles only to turn around and have to remake them again for the sake of a logo.
i get you but all the titles would have to get a look change personally i would mine the titles get a new shine and some minor or major tweaks i like the tag belts thought its different dont worry it will grow on you too but we will have to wait on the 900th ep to see if anything new happens

the spinning title doesn't spin anymore because just like spinners on cars, it has a mechanism that allows it to stay in place, you just move that little piece out of the way an whala it spins again. but yes the spinner needs to go, an since they got rid of the unified tag titles, looks like they are setting up a unification of the women's title, does anyone else see a brand reattachment? i mean the brands completely coming together with 1 heavyweight champion, 1 us champion, 1 intercontinental champion, 1 women's champion, 1 tag champions?

I love the new tag titles. Mainly because there is now just one pair of them, but also because they're sort of understated in their appearance. The copper-like finish, the gladiators, just seems old-school and classy to me.

Sure they're not as glittery and shiny as the world title is, but they're for hard working TEAMS to carry around....I think it fits the division quite well. Now they just need to build a true tag division to fight over them.

I give the tag titles a C+. The idea is cool with the gladiator symbolism with teams and stuff, but I think all copper really stinks.. They should have added a LITTLE color to show contrast.

I also agree that they seem to be unifying the woman's belts. Let's hope (that divas belt is atrocious looking).

Also, speaking of belts, can we bring back the LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP?!?!? I mean, look at the roster and there are at least 12 guys that would fight for it, ala X-division.

I don't like em. I'm assuming it's actually red gold and not copper like everyone has been saying but it still looks second-rate. Think about the redesign of the ECW championship. Supposedly it was platinum, which we all know is even more precious than gold, yet most saw it as silver (I claimed aluminum) and it soon lost its standing as a world championship.

But I do think a new WWE championship is long overdue. The top prize in all of pro-wrestling looks like the shit Rick Ross wears around his neck. Hopefully when the next guy wins it, he trashes it and debuts a more classic championship. I'm not saying it will be The Miz but he seems like the most likely to do so due to his hatred of Cena and the title being a product of Cena's rapper bling-bling lifestyle... sigh

the new tan... i mean 'tag' team championships are very strange indeed. this bronze color is the most disturbing thing about them. the spartan idea is cool b\c never seen that before, but i think the layout needed some adjustment. when bret handed the belts off, i yelled 'what the fuck are those?' the color alone is a mistake, no contrast. & the sideplates could have been more creative. after seeing the centerpiece up close, im thinking they had a good idea, but color contrast would have been a plus. hopefully this will be tweaked in the near future. from afar the belts look confusing w\ no definition.

this hopefully marks the change to come for the new wwe title. definately needs an update. & am fucking glad they arent using that stupid fake logo from a few weeks ago. wwe title needs a change, but better not be a bronze spartan belt. lol.

btw, if they fucking change the world title i suggest we send 1000 ninjas to vinces house during the night. leave that belt alone, its holds one of the few last shreds of true history in wrestling.

The new tag team titles looks great. I don't see the issue with their design. They are flashy, bright, and have a very ancient appeal to them. They feel like an old school pair of belts with a modern twist, which is brilliant. The Spartans also portray good symbolism because as a group Spartans would conquer, much like the tag team champions have to do together to make it to the top of the division.

When I seen these new titles and the fact that Sheamus didn't have his WWE title out last night i was really hoping they were giving the title a much needed change in design. It's an outdated and tired looking design. It has over stayed it's welcome because it was brought in during Cena's first reign as WWE champion five years ago. Since Cena's first title run many others have held the belt with that ludicrous design after him. And even as Cena evolved from that "rapper" character he still uses that dated design. There is no title in WWE now that the tag belts got unified officially, that needs a change in design more so than the WWE championship. With the hopes of a new logo basically shattered by the new tag titles sporting the current logo it seems that all hope is lost for a change of appearance for the WWE title.

If only WWE would change their logo to match their product they put on today, and in doing were basically forced into creating a new WWE championship belt, well then all my of my current issues with WWE would be cleared up. The tag belts are now one, so now all we have left to do is to change the logo and in turn the WWE championship's design.

We really don't. The belt is just fine, and the WWE championship truly doesn't need to be changed.

Besides, what is it about people and that look? Why is it so god awful to you? Considering the fact that it's really just a prop (God I feel like I'm hearing Russo), a way to get the champion over, and that's who it's all about, the champion. And not about how the championship looks.

We most likely won't see a new WWE championship for a longer period of time, and I'm not complaining.

I Would like it, But It's bronze, seems like a downgrade, IMO they should have dumped the WWE Tag Team Titless and just kept the World Tag Team ones, I think that's a brilliant belt design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back