Will RVD Regain the WHC if Angle or Anderson Wins at BFG?

DangerousDave

The dirtiest player in the game.
If Angle or Anderson wins the WHC do you think RVD has much of a chance to regain his belt? After the long period of not having a World Heavyweight Champion, it would be foolish of TNA to have a short run for the champion. RVD hasn't lost since he came to TNA and I don't think he is willing to do a job, even for the champion.

But there is always the Russo factor. Almost everyone is sure that Hardy has no chance in hell because of his legal problems. Is it possible they will put the belt on Hardy and let RVD take it away from him in his promised shot at the champion? For some reason I am not counting Hardy out of this match because RVD seems to have his way around TNA, weather he deserves it or not.

Ric-Flair.jpg

I do not think that RVD will be getting the strap back in his "promised" match after BFG... A large part of me thinks that if the Hogan & Bischoff heel turn does happen, then whoever wins the WHC at BFG will also turn heel and be aligned with Hogan & Bischoff... I do not believe (in my scenario) that Hardy will win the title for the reason mentioned above... I do not see Hardy turning heel and having a long title run... However, like you mentioned, we are talking about Vince Russo... Russo does have a very creative mind and was the head writer for the WWE when they were at the height of their popularity... You never know what he might have up his sleeve... That said, I still believe that Anderson wins and turns heel, aligning himself with Hogan & Bischoff as the leader of their faction... From there, I do not see RVD regaining the strap right after that...

Im kinda in the same boat as Cali. I believe that the world title will end up being used to help push the "they" angle. Whoever wins it will end up aligned with the faction or will feud directly with them.

I think RVD will get a another run sometime this year. I could see Hardy getting a transitional run as champion. It could help there ratings short term. Then RVD and Hardy can have a ladder match on Impact or the next PPV.

I don't think so but After reading this I realized how Angle has been talking to Hogan and talking about him a lot. I see angle winning and turning heel. Its possible they did this only for Angle to stay. But also that Hogan could be "passing the torch" in the end

If they wanted RVD with the title they would have just added him to the 3 way at BFG, then feud with Abyss after making it mean a little more since he works for "They". RVD is better suited for a mid card title anyway to give the people trying to break the glass ceiling the help they need by facing credible opponents. I fully expect RVD to be X-Division champ champ by January.

I don't think so but After reading this I realized how Angle has been talking to Hogan and talking about him a lot. I see angle winning and turning heel. Its possible they did this only for Angle to stay. But also that Hogan could be "passing the torch" in the end

I would love to see Angle as a heel heel, because I do believe his best work id as a heel. However, Hogan can passed the torch, because he already passes it to Rock at WrestleMania years ago. Hogan shouldn't be in the ring as anything but a manager/owner, and honestly, I think Angle is better off without Hogan.

Think about it this way. A.J. Styles, as good as he was in the ring, was always thought to be lacking in the promo area. So they put a legend in Ric Flair on him for that added charisma boost. Angle, on the other hand, is the complete package. Hogan would just drag him down...

I think the chances of RVD becoming champion again within the relatively near future will depend upon who actually comes up winning the championship at BFG.

If it's Kurt Angle, then I think the chances are slim. In my opinion, Kurt Angle is the overall best wrestler currently working in TNA. He's got the goods on the mic and in the ring, he's got the respect and multi World Championship reigns that come from being a solidified main event wrestler for roughly a decade and he's a much bigger star than RVD. One of the reasons why TNA took the strap from Styles and put it on RVD was because of RVD's name and that's one scenario that definitely doesn't apply as far as Angle & RVD are concerned.

As far as Anderson goes, I think RVD has a much better chance. I know that Anderson gets a huge amount of love from the IWC and all but, let's be perfectly honest, Anderson really hasn't done all that much in terms of general accomplishments. Anderson has had a lot of matches against main eventers in WWE and has had several against Kurt Angle while in TNA. Those matches combined with Anderson's run as United States Champion in the WWE make up Anderson's biggest general wrestling accomplishments to date. Overall, Anderson is simply not in the same league as Kurt Angle. Aside from promo ability, some could argue that he's not really in the same league as RVD. Maybe Anderson will surprise me, however, if he ultimately does win the strap.

Since the TNA World Championship has been vacated, I haven't heard any mention of the TNA Ranking System. If TNA continues to implement it, then I think whomever ultimately comes out with the title will be all but moot as the system in and of itself was a big contributor to the lackluster run of RVD. One match feuds simply don't work, even if you're somebody like Kurt Angle.

RVD will get a title opportunity, yes. Him winning the title, please no. I'm pretty much bored of RVD tbh and I want TNA to push their young stars a bit more... so much so that I'm pretty much 100% sure after Fortune vs EV2.0 fued the WHC would go to AJ Styles; this is very possible if they end the fued at BFG *which is also very possible*.

Another thing, I know I called Bound for Glory "BFG" but when ever I see it I'm like "Big Friendly Giant" ¬.¬ lol.

I think that if Kurt Angle or Mr. Anderson win at Bound For Glory that RVD will get his title shot and lose at No Surrender to one of these guys. If by some chance Jeff Hardy wins the at Bound For Glory their is a very good chance of RVD beating Jeff Hardy to regain the belt at Turning Point.

God, I really hope not.

Everybody always talks about giving the younger stars a chance and puts down guys like Hogan, Sting, Nash, etc. for even being given ONE segment here and there...but in the same breath those same people condone an infinitely more boring and vastly less decorated mediocre mid-carder (who's no spring chicken himself) to carry the title and "represent" TNA going forward?

[head spins around in circles]

I'm all for RVD being thrown into mid-card matches with Jeff Hardy...because that's what they are. But once they start getting title reigns and putting people to sleep with their boring personalities...that's when it's gone too far. RVD and Jeff Hardy winning the World Title is equivalent to Koko B. Ware and Big Boss Man winning the World Title in the late 80's. They're fan favorites and fun to watch at times...but they shouldn't be holding the World Championship...it's just stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back