• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio have the Best Build for Wrestlemania??

TJ Matics

It was never the same.
I know we have the Streak match, but that doesn't really call for an all out 5 star build, because no matter what they do or say, everyones going to watch. Then we have Miz vs. John Cena, which could have had the best build, but it's taken a complete backseat to Rocky and JC. Not to mention, the match without a doubt will be overshadowed by Rocky to. You also have Edge vs. Del Rio, which i'm still unsure about, with Christian running around. And you guys might think i'm crazy, but I think the Lay-Cool split has the potential to have a great build to, I'm talking Mickie vs Trish.

I started thinking about this thread after Cody Rhodes promo on Smackdown!, I say after because he had my undivided attention throughout the whole time he was out there. The beatdown last week was great and the promo was BRILLIANT.

[YOUTUBE]8IIBGDMY1dA[/YOUTUBE]

The only thing I think will be an X factor for this feud is time. We are still some ways from Mania, will they keep it up till then, I surely think they can. The only feud I could see topping Cody vs. Rey is pUnk vs. Randy. With pUnks mic skills and Randy's overall overnes, you 'll have the crowd going nuts. plus the fact that the feud has the unfinished business stamp on it from 2 years ago, which is always good.

So what do you think,

Will Cody vs Rey have th best build?

If not, then who?

The build has been pretty solid thus far. Rhodes has been doing some great promo work, obviously, and Mysterio has been good too. If Rhodes can keep up with the intensity then he'll certainly carry this feud to a high level. Miz/Cena is gettin' a great build, mostly between Rock and Cena though, still that's probably the most solid build. But for its level on the card, Rhodes/Mysterio has a great build going. Another feud that might usurp it is Lawler/Cole. The build for that match might be really good later on, Cole and Lawler are both great on the mic. Either way, I'm excited for Rhodes/Mysterio.

I think that Mysterio and Rhodes have a good feud going but that can't compete with The Rock and Cena/HHH and The Undertaker happening at the same time. If Rhodes vs Mysterio does happen at mania it will be in the middle of the show not near the last matches(main events) because in 2010-11 Rey's career hasn't been no where near as good as his previous years and Rhodes career is just starting out so he could have more bigger better matches at mania later on in his career.

Cody Rhodes through this program could really cement himself on the card based on his performances from now until Mania. Rhodes has been a shining star since moving to SD and has really shocked a lot of people. Rhodes and Mysterio is likely to be a good match and likely won't be given the time it deserves (think Rey/Punk last year). This match will probably fall either in the middle of the card or be the 2nd match to start to peak our interest (think Orton/Rhodes/Dibiase last year). Either way I'm really amped up for this match and it is probably high on my list in terms of the matches I want to see this year.

As for the buildup, it has been spectacular early on. I thought to myself during Rhodes' promo on SD that they are actually given some really solid build to a midcard program and that is awesome. It likely won't see the buildup of Cena/Miz or Taker/HHH, but it is right there in terms of enjoyment. King/Cole is close, but I think Rhodes/Mysterio could be the sleeper of Wrestlemania.

I have to say I'm really digging Rhodes' work the last couple weeks. I'm really surprised this feud is getting the build it's getting. Rhodes is showing a whole new dynamic to his personality, rather than being just a comedic moron consumed with his look, he's letitng it become an obsession more than anything, an obsession with being dashing that's turning him into a vicious vendictive person. Kudos to the WWE for going that direction with his charachter, because if you ask me, the "Dashing" thing didn't really hold up any great appeal before.

As far as getting the match over, I'd say Cody-Rey is right up there with Triple H-Undertaker in terms of effective storytelling for their Wrestlemania match. I'm actually looking forward to seeing if Cody can handle the hype of a one-on-one match on the show.

to get the build to where it needs they have to add one more thing. im not sure what it is but there has to be that last piece of the puzzle. other then that i think there doing a fantastic job. i just hope that they don't have Cody focus to much on the mask and more on the fact that Rey "broke his nose". if they have Cody attack the fact that Rey wears a mask to much, it will ruin any and all steam going into mania. my only hope is that this will end putting Cody over at mania and give him the well deserved push towards a I-C title run and into a future world title run

I have liked the BU for Rhodes vs Rey but the only problem I have is this bullshit with Rhodes needing this whole "medical attention" shit and a fucking seathrough mask over a FUCKING KAYFABE broken nose. Back in the non-PG era people would be busted pretty much EVERY week and the "WWE medical staff" not even giving a shit.

Cody Rhodes promo on last weeks Smackdown was awesome and too the feud to the next level, now Rey need a good retort, I mean he's not great on the mic but there is plenty for him to work with here. I also like how the clear mask makes it obvious that there's nothing wrong with Rhodes bar his psychotic paranoid vanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back