Cody Rhodes: World Title Material

He should pursue either the IC and United States belts depending on which show he ends up on after the draft. He is young and having maybe 3-5 solid fueds under his belt in the next couple of years will do him good.

I agree that Rhodes could soon find himself in the World Title picture. I was concerned when he started his "Dashing" gimmick. Wasn't sold on it and I didn't see much of a future there. But ever since he wen the "disfigured" route he has gained depth as a character. And Rey handpicking him at Mania and putting him over certainly helped elevate him. Way to go, Cody.

World Title? No
Mid Card Title? Yes, but not a massive push straight to the title, hes gotta work for it.
Personally I dont like him, but I appreciate good work especially when hes got alot to live up to.

That's right, I said it, and it'll take a hell of a lot of convincing to make me take it back.

Tonight, Cody Rhodes cut an AMAZING promo on Smackdown about how he feels like a monster and wants to turn Mysterio into a monster as well. I got chills for the second time during this episode, and Edge hasn't even come on yet.

Cody Rhodes is on fire. He put on one of the best matches at Wrestlemania with Rey Mysterio, he has the best look in wrestling right now, and he's proving himself to be one hell of a talent on the microphone.

That's not to take anything away from Del Rio. He's got those three things working his way as well, but Cody is just superior in each category. He's better in the ring, better on the mic, and he has a better look about him/better entrance.

So here's what I propose:

Christian wins the belt at Extreme Rules over Del Rio. It will be a great feel good moment to follow up the tragedy that is Edge's career being cut short. I don't think there's a single wrestling fan that thinks Christian is undeserving of a title reign.

After Extreme Rules Christian can feud with Del Rio to Over the Limit, and Christian will retain against Del Rio there, thus wrapping up their feud. Del Rio will move on to something else, and Christian will look to his next challenger... Cody Rhodes.

Cody will still be going on his monster streak, and he'll be looking to get the World Title, the only thing he thinks that will make him feel beautiful again. He'll feud with Christian to Capitol Punishment (that's the name of the PPV that follows OTL), and perhaps he'll pull of a win. If not at Capitol Punishment, then definitely at Money in the Bank.

Cody is ready. He's got all the tools, he's got all the momentum, he's got everything going his way. Cody Rhodes for World Heavyweight Champion in 2011.

100 percent agree with you. Cody is taking over Smackdown. I just saw the promo, because in my dorm i don't have a tv so I have to watch it on youtube, but man, he's great. It sounds like he's a new era version of mankind. What he was saying tonight had so much substance and it had an eerie feel to it. He's really deep into this character.

And with his amazing promo on friday night, you are proven correct. Promo of the year so far.

I think Cody Rhodes is underrated, and not properly recognized for how incredibly fucking brilliant it is that he went from being one of the best characters in WWE to the absolute opposite end of the spectrum, while become THE best character in the WWE. The two gimmicks he played literally could not BE more opposite, and he managed to not only pull it off, but become BETTER.

He is seamless in the ring for the most part, and like I said, plays his fucking role like none other. Now that we MAY have a Christian title win coming soon, I absolutely would not be suprised to see Rhodes in the title picture this summer.

Cody is the new Miz.

When Miz and Morrison were together everyone thought Miz was destined to be a mid carder and Morrison was going to be the headliner....Not so fast.

Then many thought Ted Debiase was destined for huge success, and Cody was going to be the future mid carder.......not so fast.

Cody is assenting to being a main event player and it's fun to watch

Hold your horses there. Cody is doing good right now and he has improved both wrestling- and promo-wise. Check. But it's still a little early to celebrate his breakthrough to the big leagues. He's definitely on the right track. It's a critical stage where he better not mess up by botching moves or getting arrested for domestic violence or drunk driving or anything the likes of. Likewise, the powers that be in the WWE have been known to drop the ball (sigh. All these cliches) with a guy, not giving him anything worthwhile to do, and him losing valuable momentum as a result. Just saying that a lot of things can still go wrong before he makes it. Let's see if he can stay the course and doesn't get lost.

Hold your horses there. Cody is doing good right now and he has improved both wrestling- and promo-wise. Check. But it's still a little early to celebrate his breakthrough to the big leagues. He's definitely on the right track. It's a critical stage where he better not mess up by botching moves or getting arrested for domestic violence or drunk driving or anything the likes of. Likewise, the powers that be in the WWE have been known to drop the ball (sigh. All these cliches) with a guy, not giving him anything worthwhile to do, and him losing valuable momentum as a result. Just saying that a lot of things can still go wrong before he makes it. Let's see if he can stay the course and doesn't get lost.

I agree that his stock has risen since he was part of Priceless. Changing from the Dashing gimmick to a more dark, look what you did to me, has made him more vicious and cynical. He's always been a good worker in the ring and his mic skills are natural. His promo friday was excellent. That being said, I wouldn't prepare the parade in his honor just yet. There is still room to grow and we will have to see where this feud with Mysterio takes him. As long as he stays on the beaten path, he should be golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back