WWE Extreme Rules - Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes - Falls Count Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't know if it matters whether Rey or Cody win the blow-off (better be the blow-off, WWE ...)

I've quite enjoyed this feud and Rhodes went over at Mania on the "grandest stage of 'em all", since WE is often reluctant to do this, I think Mysterio will win for the sake of the face winning the last match in the angle.

Rhodes has already had the benefit of going over Rey. I hope he wins, because I like Rhodes, but I don't think it'll affect him that badly if he loses.

After Rhodes's win at WrestleMania and Mysterio's win on SmackDown, the winner here will take the feud. It's a hard one though, isn't it? I honestly don't know who will win. I know who I want to win. That would be Cody Rhodes. He's supremely talented, and considering all the stuff he has done this year, he deserves back-to-back PPV wins over Mysterio. I honestly believe that if Rhodes wins, he will be in the World Heavyweight Championship picture in the next couple of months.

Regardless of winner, it will be a great match is WrestleMania is anything to go by. I'm not sure if I'm down with the stipulation. Both Superstars are more suited to ring-based matches. Regardless of stipulation, I'm looking forward to this match and I'll definitely be cheering on Rhodes.

Mysterio is already over and he's a fan favorite, so he really doesn't have anything to gain from a win here. Rhodes has been riding a nice wave momentum, and two wins in a row against Mysterio at a pay per view could do wonders for Cody. Although, I think Mysterio will get some revenge here, so I'm picking him to win this match. Cody already picked up a win over one of WWE's more popular faces at the big stage, and I think Mysterio will even things out at Extreme Rules. This should be a good match, and the excitement level should be pretty high in this one.

Solid match last night as Cody worked hard out there. We got an intense match that looekd very hard hitting, which is what was needed to close out this feud. Cody looks fine and can complain about the mist messing up his psyche even more. Rey winning is ok as Cody got the big win at Mania perfectly clean which helped him a lot. This wasn't terrible and gave us a good sendoff for Rey. Nothing wrong here at all.

Another great match put on by these two. Cody Rhodes could have done with a win here but since Rey is drafted to Raw and already lost the big one in WM, it was perfectly fine here. I just wish the match had ended outside the arena on the streets. If Rhodes would have been decided as winner, he could have done a crossrhodes right outside and get the pin.

Another good match from the two, it only solidified that Rhodes will be what the Miz and Alberto Del Rio was last year as the breakout star. An excellent sendoff for Rey as he has momentum going into Raw and it had a great ending too as Rey had to use underhanded tactics to win so Rhodes isn't damaged that much from the loss and plus he already has the Mania win that most will remember. I can't wait to see what Rhodes does from as it could be a fued with his former mentor Orton.

Another great match between the two. It was a fantastic feud, and it's elevated to dizzy heights that no one ever expected him to reach. He has improved a bucket load in the ring and on the mic. He is cutting the best promo's in WWE right now in my opinion, and is only getting better. As I said, they had a great match, and it was booked to perfection. Rey got the win, but Cody looks good anyway, as the only way Rey could beat Cody, was to use underhand tactics, making Rhodes look strong anyway. Cody got the win at Mania, which is the most important thing. Both men look very strong coming out of this feud. Back to the match, it was great, Rey looked good, and so did Cody, they both did a great job of selling each other’s offence, and they just have so much chemistry in the ring. ***1/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back